Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100093 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:57:25 PM

End of FUD.

So when Alex Green comes on and says "sry guys hardrives got crupted.  my bad no need to be upset" we just give him a free pass cuz FUD.

Man you guys are getting desperate.
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:00:18 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15911.msg1806471#msg1806471

Guys look at this post. There are many like this. Only about hardware

I want to know who the hell is this guy Dan. I gave him my BTC and this is scary.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

please whitelist me and let me out of the newbie prison

I'm hardware guy, mining away on gpu's until i get an asic, hopefully 1 that is open-source community based

I'd have to go thru his post history (which I haven't) but to try to be fair.  There's really nothing in the world saying a software guy didn't start with mining.
shwooozy

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:06:44 PM

So sorry for everyone that invested in this scam operation. Lots of troubling info has been shared publicly about the figures that are connected with Blocknet. No thanks, keeping my $! Good luck to everyone that invested...
vgolitsyn

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:24:00 PM

Blocknet was a knockoff and we knew it.. Utility coin had promise.. but again a clone of VPN coin

Crypt? Glyph? and HAL? Trash really.. The best thing we can do until this IPO of Blocknet gets fixed is give back our bags of Utility and Hal Smiley For Halloween lets keep Crypt dead. He did plan on resurrecting it didn't he?

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:27:00 PM

All roads lead to SuperNET and NXT. You get burned and learn this the hard way.
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:29:37 PM

Here's a thought guys:

There's really no point in trying to argue with the investors/supporters of BlockNET or any associated coins about the shady nature of this whole thing.  No matter how much proof or logic is used, they will either refuse to believe it or come up with something to disprove it because they are financially invested.  It's a very strong bias.  No investor will admit (at least publicly) that what they are invested in is scam/shady.  It just doesn't happen.

The real goal should be to better inform the people who have not yet invested or people who are deciding whether to invest or not (i.e. the newbies or the unaware).  That's really how these guys profit from their pumps anyways (and now, the ITO).  At the moment, I do not have an answer of how to best achieve that.  Maybe someone here has ideas.

Honestly, if the admins and mods of this forum were truly decent, they would sticky warnings about this type of stuff.  Like a "must read" thread before investing and perhaps keep a running list of known/confirmed scams and/or coins and projects under questioning.  But I suspect that will never happen around here.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:32:09 PM

The real goal should be to better inform the people who have not yet invested or people who are deciding whether to invest or not (i.e. the newbies or the unaware).  That's really how these guys profit from their pumps anyways.  At the moment, I do not have an answer of how to best achieve that.  Maybe someone here has ideas.

Yea this.  One of the issues is that when you do try to address it (for instance I had a thread about how one of their other devs stole hundreds of thousands in an ASIC scam) you get attacked by bloodthirsty rabid owners of whatever coin you are mentioning and labelled a "FUDster".

The FUDster guys just try to scream loud enough, hard enough, defame you enough that you either shut up or they overwhelm you with pointless hyperbabble that has nothing to do with the issue at hand (to try and distract)

It takes balls of steel, patience of a giraffe & the personality of a troll to go against a community who's invested in ripping off newbs and you often come out the bad guy.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:33:30 PM

So sorry for everyone that invested in this scam operation. Lots of troubling info has been shared publicly about the figures that are connected with Blocknet. No thanks, keeping my $! Good luck to everyone that invested...

This is a shit storm period. I have no idea wtf is going on.  My only recourse is not to buy any coin or token remotely connected to this. This also includes the competing coins/projects that are capitalizing on the FUD. Not that anybody really gives a f*ck what I do .... lol.

I don't know how anyone is going to find something untainted.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
ib88

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:33:53 PM

Here's a thought guys:

There's really no point in trying to argue with the investors/supporters of BlockNET or any associated coins about the shady nature of this whole thing.  No matter how much proof or logic is used, they will either refuse to believe it or come up with something to disprove it because they are financially invested.  It's a very strong bias.  No investor will admit (at least publicly) that what they are invested in is scam/shady.  It just doesn't happen.

The real goal should be to better inform the people who have not yet invested or people who are deciding whether to invest or not (i.e. the newbies or the unaware).  That's really how these guys profit from their pumps anyways (and now, the ITO).  At the moment, I do not have an answer of how to best achieve that.  Maybe someone here has ideas.

Honestly, if the admins and mods of this forum were truly decent, they would sticky warnings about this type of stuff.  Like a "must read" thread before investing and perhaps keep a running list of known/confirmed scams and/or coins and projects under questioning.  But I suspect that will never happen around here.

SuperNET shill detected!
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

This is a shit storm period. I have no idea wtf is going on.  My only recourse is not to buy any coin or token remotely connected to this. This also includes the competing coins/projects that are capitalizing on the FUD. Not that anybody really gives a f*ck what I do .... lol.

I don't know how anyone is going to find something untainted.

Look for coins where devs are begging for donations instead of a premine.  Litecoin, dogecoin, peercoin, BBR, Monero (both Monero & BBR might be tainted depending on how you look at things).  Older PoW coins (and a select few new ones) appear to not be scams.

Most of this place is shady as hell.

Sad part is I'm not convinced there is anything to be gained by putting money in non scam coins.
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:36:08 PM

Here's a thought guys:

The real goal should be to better inform the people who have not yet invested or people who are deciding whether to invest or not (i.e. the newbies or the unaware).  That's really how these guys profit from their pumps anyways.  At the moment, I do not have an answer of how to best achieve that.  Maybe someone here has ideas.

how convenient it is of you are a SuperNET investor. If BlockNET is considered a scam, than so is the very foundations of SuperNET. I can easily dig up just as much fud about jl777 as you with the current BlockNET fiasco. XC has always remained on point with their tech and timeline, investors do expect BlockNET to release. I know you will try to discredit this by backing up your statment with FUD but that is the game of cryptos. You can call this and that a scam, but in the end of the day, SuperNET will have a competitor in BlockNET, and its quite obvious that SuperNET folks will take a stab at XC whenever they can without knowing any legitimate information.
GamingUnleashed

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:39:39 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 08:26:11 PM by GamingUnleashed

I deleted the post because I would like to speak to Smurf before moving forward with my exit on SDC. I want to make sure that this originates from there as this is no way to conduct ones self.

I'll back prom up on this one
it has been the first time I have seen prom announce his exit on EVERY Skype chanel and make sure every other holder exited before he does

also I thought everyone knew HAL was an atcsecure's coin that he fixed?

atcsecure is working along side with another dozen dev teams and still improving XC with new idea's / code
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:41:31 PM

I deleted the post because I would like to speak to Smurf before moving forward with my exit on SDC. I want to make sure that this originates from there as this is no way to conduct ones self.

I'll back prom up on this one
it has been the first time I have seen prom announce his exit on EVERY Skype chanel and make sure every other holder exited before he does

also I thought everyone knew HAL was MC's coin ?

MC is working along side with another dozen dev teams and still improving XC with new idea's / code
RichardT

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:44:10 PM

Here's a thought guys:

how convenient it is of you are a SuperNET investor. If BlockNET is considered a scam, than so is the very foundations of SuperNET. I can easily dig up just as much fud about jl777 as you with the current BlockNET fiasco. XC has always remained on point with their tech and timeline, investors do expect BlockNET to release. I know you will try to discredit this by backing up your statment with FUD but that is the game of cryptos. You can call this and that a scam, but in the end of the day, SuperNET will have a competitor in BlockNET, and its quite obvious that SuperNET folks will take a stab at XC whenever they can without knowing any legitimate information.

You just proved my point.  I never said BlockNET was a scam.  All I'm saying is the people behind it are quite shady.  And it's something that newcomers need to be aware of and come to their own conclusions before they invest.

Also, yes I am invested in SuperNET, but did I even mention SuperNET in my post or try to compare SuperNET to Blocknet, saying one is better than the other?  I think you failed to see the point of my post.

Honestly, if there wasn't so much shadiness and controversy surrounding Blocknet, I would have probably invested a little bit in it myself.  Although it is not a novel idea, it is still something that has not been fully realized in the crypto space yet.  But when investing, you're also investing in the people behind it.  And as of now, I can't say I can trust the people behind it.  That is my opinion.
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:50:15 PM

FUD!!!!
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:50:46 PM

please whitelist me and let me out of the newbie prison

I'm hardware guy, mining away on gpu's until i get an asic, hopefully 1 that is open-source community based

I'd have to go thru his post history (which I haven't) but to try to be fair.  There's really nothing in the world saying a software guy didn't start with mining.
I read all of Dan's 135 posts that were made before he left. Not a single post was about software or programming. Most of the posts are in hardware and almost every post is about mining or buying ASIC. Some posts are quite childish and funny, like this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=221368.msg2392741#msg2392741

However, the most concerning post is this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235870.msg2790089#msg2790089
The best alt dev is asking a newbie question how the config file is working. This is such a shame.
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:51:56 PM

Here's a thought guys:

You just proved my point.  I never said BlockNET was a scam.  All I'm saying is the people behind it is quite shady.  And it's something that newcomers need to be aware of and come to their own conclusions before they invest.

Also, yes I am invested in SuperNET, but did I even mention SuperNET in my post or try to compare SuperNET to Blocknet, saying one is better than the other?  I think you failed to see the point of my post.

Honestly, if there wasn't so much shadiness and controversy surrounding Blocknet, I would have probably invested a little bit in it myself.

shadiness...

http://www.jl777scam.com/

(im not questioning the authenticity of this)

its just a matter of filtering through the bullshit as best as you can, and if you cant then thats your fault
vgolitsyn

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:55:08 PM

All comments being made in the Blocknet thread are being deleted.. Not FUD but valid posts. Blocknet wants to remain open source but is advertising Utility coin on all its logos. I suggested removing Utility from their PR and my threads were deleted..
RichardT

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:55:44 PM

Here's a thought guys:

You just proved my point.  I never said BlockNET was a scam.  All I'm saying is the people behind it is quite shady.  And it's something that newcomers need to be aware of and come to their own conclusions before they invest.

Honestly, if there wasn't so much shadiness and controversy surrounding Blocknet, I would have probably invested a little bit in it myself.

shadiness...

http://www.jl777scam.com/

(im not questioning the authenticity of this)

its just a matter of filtering through the bullshit as best as you can, and if you cant then thats your fault

Uhhh.. what?  That link you posted doesn't even contain any argument.  I'm definitely open for alternative perspectives and I was expecting something a bit more convincing, but I guess I gave you too much credit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: