Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:00:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:02:57 PM

Here's a thought guys:

There's really no point in trying to argue with the investors/supporters of BlockNET or any associated coins about the shady nature of this whole thing.  No matter how much proof or logic is used, they will either refuse to believe it or come up with something to disprove it because they are financially invested.  It's a very strong bias.  No investor will admit (at least publicly) that what they are invested in is scam/shady.  It just doesn't happen.

The real goal should be to better inform the people who have not yet invested or people who are deciding whether to invest or not (i.e. the newbies or the unaware).  That's really how these guys profit from their pumps anyways.  At the moment, I do not have an answer of how to best achieve that.  Maybe someone here has ideas.

Honestly, if the admins and mods of this forum were truly decent, they would sticky warnings about this type of stuff.  Like a "must read" thread before investing and perhaps keep a running list of known/confirmed scams and/or coins and projects under questioning.  But I suspect that will never happen around here.

how convenient it is of you are a SuperNET investor. If BlockNET is considered a scam, than so is the very foundations of SuperNET. I can easily dig up just as much fud about jl777 as you with the current BlockNET fiasco. XC has always remained on point with their tech and timeline, investors do expect BlockNET to release. I know you will try to discredit this by backing up your statment with FUD but that is the game of cryptos. You can call this and that a scam, but in the end of the day, SuperNET will have a competitor in BlockNET, and its quite obvious that SuperNET folks will take a stab at XC whenever they can without knowing any legitimate information.

You just proved my point.  I never said BlockNET was a scam.  All I'm saying is the people behind it are quite shady.  And it's something that newcomers need to be aware of and come to their own conclusions before they invest.

Also, yes I am invested in SuperNET, but did I even mention SuperNET in my post or try to compare SuperNET to Blocknet, saying one is better than the other?  I think you failed to see the point of my post.

Honestly, if there wasn't so much shadiness and controversy surrounding Blocknet, I would have probably invested a little bit in it myself.  Although it is not a novel idea, it is still something that has not been fully realized in the crypto space yet.  But when investing, you're also investing in the people behind it.  And as of now, I can't say I can trust the people behind it.  That is my opinion.

To say the Blocknet creators are 'shady' is to imply that the project itself is shady - or a scam. You're making accusations without any proof.

You didn't mention Supernet because you want give the impression to potential blocknet investors that your opinions are impartial and unbiased. This couldn't be further from the truth as blocknet is in direct competiton with supernet - with whom you have a vested interest in. This is clear from your posting history.

What's more likely here:

1. You're a knight in shining armour using your spare time and effort trying to save strangers from a "scam".

or

2. As an investor of supernet, you see blocknet as a direct threat and so wish to tarnish its reputation with baseless accusations.

Imma go with 2, Bob.

Disclaimer: I'm invested in Blocknet. I do not, however, spend my time bashing supernet. Quite the contrary, competition is good. Also, if I truly believed Blocknet was a scam I could sell my Blocknet tokens on an exchange for a fraction below what I originally invested.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:04:49 PM

Look for coins where devs are begging for donations instead of a premine.  Litecoin, dogecoin, peercoin, BBR, Monero (both Monero & BBR might be tainted depending on how you look at things).  Older PoW coins (and a select few new ones) appear to not be scams.

Most of this place is shady as hell.

Sad part is I'm not convinced there is anything to be gained by putting money in non scam coins.
[/quote]

I hear you. I am invested in other coins with good devs and communities. The only thing you get out of it is the feel good feeling you are not getting scammed even if your investment keeps tanking.

Hype and PR drives this marketplace. Hopefully, people will start investing in established projects instead of chasing the very elusive quick buck.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:11:04 PM

Here's a thought guys:

There's really no point in trying to argue with the investors/supporters of BlockNET or any associated coins about the shady nature of this whole thing.  No matter how much proof or logic is used, they will either refuse to believe it or come up with something to disprove it because they are financially invested.  It's a very strong bias.  No investor will admit (at least publicly) that what they are invested in is scam/shady.  It just doesn't happen.

The real goal should be to better inform the people who have not yet invested or people who are deciding whether to invest or not (i.e. the newbies or the unaware).  That's really how these guys profit from their pumps anyways.  At the moment, I do not have an answer of how to best achieve that.  Maybe someone here has ideas.

Honestly, if the admins and mods of this forum were truly decent, they would sticky warnings about this type of stuff.  Like a "must read" thread before investing and perhaps keep a running list of known/confirmed scams and/or coins and projects under questioning.  But I suspect that will never happen around here.

how convenient it is of you are a SuperNET investor. If BlockNET is considered a scam, than so is the very foundations of SuperNET. I can easily dig up just as much fud about jl777 as you with the current BlockNET fiasco. XC has always remained on point with their tech and timeline, investors do expect BlockNET to release. I know you will try to discredit this by backing up your statment with FUD but that is the game of cryptos. You can call this and that a scam, but in the end of the day, SuperNET will have a competitor in BlockNET, and its quite obvious that SuperNET folks will take a stab at XC whenever they can without knowing any legitimate information.

You just proved my point.  I never said BlockNET was a scam.  All I'm saying is the people behind it are quite shady.  And it's something that newcomers need to be aware of and come to their own conclusions before they invest.

Also, yes I am invested in SuperNET, but did I even mention SuperNET in my post or try to compare SuperNET to Blocknet, saying one is better than the other?  I think you failed to see the point of my post.

Honestly, if there wasn't so much shadiness and controversy surrounding Blocknet, I would have probably invested a little bit in it myself.  Although it is not a novel idea, it is still something that has not been fully realized in the crypto space yet.  But when investing, you're also investing in the people behind it.  And as of now, I can't say I can trust the people behind it.  That is my opinion.

To say the Blocknet creators are 'shady' is to imply that the project itself is shady - or a scam. You're making accusations without any proof.

You didn't mention Supernet because you want give the impression to potential blocknet investors that your opinions are impartial and unbiased. This couldn't be further from the truth as blocknet is in direct competiton with supernet - with whom you have a vested interest in. This is clear from your posting history.

What's more likely here:

1. You're a knight in shining armour using your spare time and effort trying to save strangers from a "scam".

or

2. As an investor of supernet, you see blocknet as a direct threat and so wish to tarnish its reputation with baseless accusations.

Imma go with 2, Bob.

Disclaimer: I'm invested in Blocknet. I do not, however, spend my time bashing supernet. Quite the contrary, competition is good. Also, if I truly believed Blocknet was a scam I could sell my Blocknet tokens on an exchange for a fraction below what I originally invested.

Discrediting what someone brings to the table when they have a problem with at coin just because they support another coin does no one in this community any favors.

I have no competing coins (I do own some monero & bbr... don't consider it competition to XC.  And I dislike the supernet).  But yeah.  I got a problem with this closed sourced nazi circlejerk group that ignores evidence and does it's best to discredit those who actually want the truth.

Just because it makes no sense to you for someone to have a problem and post when they consider something is a scam (because you wouldn't post in their shoes) doesn't make what they have to say irrelevant.

I see the defense of all this shit as "Dan would never do that - his identity is known" "Your just from YCoin.  You're biased you should have nothing to say."

Want in on a secret?  Shit like this promethieus guy kills the entire altcoin community when the name of the game is constantly drawing blood from noobs instead of having legitimate projects.  And the fact that your developer has helped him pump these shitcoins at the expense of noobs so cynical veterans operating behind the scenses can pad their pockets is why this entire scene is going to hell in a handbasket.

So yeah.  I give a shit.  And I'm sorry if you don't think it's legitimate for me to care.  That's your problem.  Go drink some antifreeze

/endofrant
GamingUnleashed

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:16:00 PM

I deleted the post because I would like to speak to Smurf before moving forward with my exit on SDC. I want to make sure that this originates from there as this is no way to conduct ones self.

I'll back prom up on this one
it has been the first time I have seen prom announce his exit on EVERY Skype chanel and make sure every other holder exited before he does

also I thought everyone knew HAL was MC's coin ?

MC is working along side with another dozen dev teams and still improving XC with new idea's / code

oh no !! you busted me, yes sadly MC is FontasMetcalfPr0mWolongKarpeles!

and not MetCalf

MC is an skype habit its a bit hard talking to 2x Dans so MC is Dan MetCalf because atcsecure takes longer to type ...
ib88

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:20:53 PM

Here's a thought guys:

There's really no point in trying to argue with the investors/supporters of BlockNET or any associated coins about the shady nature of this whole thing.  No matter how much proof or logic is used, they will either refuse to believe it or come up with something to disprove it because they are financially invested.  It's a very strong bias.  No investor will admit (at least publicly) that what they are invested in is scam/shady.  It just doesn't happen.

The real goal should be to better inform the people who have not yet invested or people who are deciding whether to invest or not (i.e. the newbies or the unaware).  That's really how these guys profit from their pumps anyways.  At the moment, I do not have an answer of how to best achieve that.  Maybe someone here has ideas.

Honestly, if the admins and mods of this forum were truly decent, they would sticky warnings about this type of stuff.  Like a "must read" thread before investing and perhaps keep a running list of known/confirmed scams and/or coins and projects under questioning.  But I suspect that will never happen around here.

You just proved my point.  I never said BlockNET was a scam.  All I'm saying is the people behind it are quite shady.  And it's something that newcomers need to be aware of and come to their own conclusions before they invest.

Also, yes I am invested in SuperNET, but did I even mention SuperNET in my post or try to compare SuperNET to Blocknet, saying one is better than the other?  I think you failed to see the point of my post.

Honestly, if there wasn't so much shadiness and controversy surrounding Blocknet, I would have probably invested a little bit in it myself.  Although it is not a novel idea, it is still something that has not been fully realized in the crypto space yet.  But when investing, you're also investing in the people behind it.  And as of now, I can't say I can trust the people behind it.  That is my opinion.

What's more likely here:

or

Imma go with 2, Bob.

Discrediting what someone brings to the table when they have a problem with at coin just because they support another coin does no one in this community any favors.

I have no competing coins (I do own some monero & bbr... don't consider it competition to XC.  And I dislike the supernet).  But yeah.  I got a problem with this closed sourced nazi circlejerk group that ignores evidence and does it's best to discredit those who actually want the truth.

Just because it makes no sense to you for someone to have a problem and post when they consider something is a scam (because you wouldn't post in their shoes) doesn't make what they have to say irrelevant.

I see the defense of all this shit as "Dan would never do that - his identity is known" "Your just from YCoin.  You're biased you should have nothing to say."

Want in on a secret?  Shit like this promethieus guy kills the entire altcoin community when the name of the game is constantly drawing blood from noobs instead of having legitimate projects.  And the fact that your developer has helped him pump these shitcoins at the expense of noobs so cynical veterans operating behind the scenses can pad their pockets is why this entire scene is going to hell in a handbasket.

So yeah.  I give a shit.  And I'm sorry if you don't think it's legitimate for me to care.  That's your problem.  Go drink some antifreeze

/endofrant

Does no one in this community any favours? Give me a break. I've seen you all over XC related threads bashing them. Again, I'm not naive enough to think you make it your full time job here to warn others of what you perceive to be bad investments - especially when it's aimed at XC exclusively. It's people like you who are ruining this forum. I'm done wasting my time with you.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:22:23 PM

Here's a thought guys:

There's really no point in trying to argue with the investors/supporters of BlockNET or any associated coins about the shady nature of this whole thing.  No matter how much proof or logic is used, they will either refuse to believe it or come up with something to disprove it because they are financially invested.  It's a very strong bias.  No investor will admit (at least publicly) that what they are invested in is scam/shady.  It just doesn't happen.

The real goal should be to better inform the people who have not yet invested or people who are deciding whether to invest or not (i.e. the newbies or the unaware).  That's really how these guys profit from their pumps anyways.  At the moment, I do not have an answer of how to best achieve that.  Maybe someone here has ideas.

Honestly, if the admins and mods of this forum were truly decent, they would sticky warnings about this type of stuff.  Like a "must read" thread before investing and perhaps keep a running list of known/confirmed scams and/or coins and projects under questioning.  But I suspect that will never happen around here.

You just proved my point.  I never said BlockNET was a scam.  All I'm saying is the people behind it is quite shady.  And it's something that newcomers need to be aware of and come to their own conclusions before they invest.

Also, yes I am invested in SuperNET, but did I even mention SuperNET in my post or try to compare SuperNET to Blocknet, saying one is better than the other?  I think you failed to see the point of my post.

Honestly, if there wasn't so much shadiness and controversy surrounding Blocknet, I would have probably invested a little bit in it myself.

shadiness...

http://www.jl777scam.cok/

(im not questioning the authenticity of this)

its just a matter of filtering through the bullshit as best as you can, and if you cant then thats your fault

Hmmmm.... the difference I'm seeing is that BlueMeanie (originator of the above jl777scam.com) spent literally weeks of his time attacking Nxt and SuperNet, going so far as to offer fairly large rewards for information.
Even with all that effort......he couldn't come up with any evidence or any real support for his FUD.

On the BlockNet controversy, I'm seeing a fair amount of evidence (like the chatlogs) and also a lot of sane people weighing in against BlockNet and associated currencies.
XC's response to the FUD so far has also been more than a little weak.......ffs, Nxt has been under constant attack since it's inception, with a massive campaign being waged against it recently. Did Nxt shut down and run away?

If BlockNet is legit, they should simply stand their ground and let the results of their work speak for themselves. Good tech and the truth will win out in the end.

(and, yeah, I'm invested in SuperNet, but I also have a fairly big handful of NHZ and am running a public NHZ node, so if BlockNet does go to the moon, I'll stand to make some profit there, just for disclosure)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
UnicornFarts

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

Does no one in this community any favours? Give me a break. I've seen you all over XC related threads bashing them. Again, I'm not naive enough to think you make it your full time job here to warn others of what you perceive to be bad investments - especially when it's aimed at XC exclusively. It's people like you who are ruining this forum. I'm done wasting my time with you.

Yep XC caught my attention and bugged the shit out of me.

After XC dies I'm sure another coin will.  And another.  Until I get tired of it or this place just completely dries up.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:29:23 PM

Yup. He's full of crap and advancing his agenda all over this forum - to smear the reputation of XC and Dan at every possible juncture.
UnicornFarts

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:31:14 PM

Yup. He's full of crap and advancing his agenda all over this forum - to smear the reputation of XC and Dan at every possible juncture.

If something is truthful or not truthful has nothing to do with the messenger. 

It's why you guys are always trying to deflect from the issue at hand.  Discredit the messenger, ignore the message.
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:36:40 PM

Here's a thought guys:

You just proved my point.  I never said BlockNET was a scam.  All I'm saying is the people behind it are quite shady.  And it's something that newcomers need to be aware of and come to their own conclusions before they invest.

Honestly, if there wasn't so much shadiness and controversy surrounding Blocknet, I would have probably invested a little bit in it myself.  Although it is not a novel idea, it is still something that has not been fully realized in the crypto space yet.  But when investing, you're also investing in the people behind it.  And as of now, I can't say I can trust the people behind it.  That is my opinion.

What's more likely here:

or

Imma go with 2, Bob.

I admit, there is always a certain degree of bias.  You're invested in Blocknet and I'm invested in SuperNET.  But no, I do not see blocknet as a direct threat.  And no, the accusations are not entirely baseless.  That's a very common theme among people screaming that something is FUD instead of trying to legitimately defend their views.  In my opinion, there is convincing evidence of the shadiness of the people behind Blocknet (a lot of which are posted in this thread).  Of course, there is by no means a "smoking gun", but there's enough of these bits and pieces of information around that I have formed a conclusion.

And no, this is not bashing.  This is taking some rather convincing evidence provided and forming an opinion on it.  I have not gone around and explicitly tell people to not invest in Blocknet and that it is a scam.  I'm just saying to be cautious.  At the same time, I have also not gone around promoting SuperNET and telling people to invest in it.  These things people can decide on their own.

If you're curious about my motivations, consider this:
If you go through my post history, which I assume you have a bit, you can see that I used to support Keycoin (quite sincerely, I might add).  This was when I was pretty much a newbie looking for a good project to invest in and was not aware of what was really going on.  Yes, I did profit from it, but that was pure luck on my part (i.e. I did not anticipate a pump/dump).  I subsequently discovered some odd things surrounding it and decided I did not want to take part in it anymore.  This led me to my current views on things.  My point is, I've been in the shoes of a "newbie" so I understand that whole mentality.  Although I was very lucky, there are others out there who may not be.  Which is why I say:  be cautious.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:41:47 PM

If something is truthful or not truthful has nothing to do with the messenger. 

It's why you guys are always trying to deflect from the issue at hand.  Discredit the messenger, ignore the message.

Zzzzzz. Cut the noble bullshit, only a retard wouldn't see straight through your veil of FUD.
UnicornFarts

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:43:10 PM

Zzzzzz. Cut the noble bullshit, only a retard wouldn't see straight through your veil of FUD.

The price of XC, this poll - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842330.0 and the majority of the forum members have made it so aweful your group is having to switch forums.

I believe the majority has spoken.  Enjoy your circlejerk at the new XC forums.
UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:48:47 PM

I deleted the post because I would like to speak to Smurf before moving forward with my exit on SDC. I want to make sure that this originates from there as this is no way to conduct ones self.

I'll back prom up on this one
it has been the first time I have seen prom announce his exit on EVERY Skype chanel and make sure every other holder exited before he does

also I thought everyone knew HAL was an atcsecure's coin that he fixed?

atcsecure is working along side with another dozen dev teams and still improving XC with new idea's / code

Prom is trying to crash the price of SDC with his statements as some form of retribution.  The price has only risen as a result since many know that the road to success is to do the opposite of what Prom says.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:50:43 PM

I'm scum for wanting a coin to pump yea. Get the fuck out of crypto. lol

Yeah
you did it a million times in a dishonest way AND you used Moderators trusted on exchanges to get the job done.

and have lied about much of it by doing things such as having your dev review his own coin.

also it's funny you avoided me and hid under your bed when i asked if your name was Dan LOL

a pump ?
yeah a scam engineered to line your own pockets..
when your group was in Cryptsy chat i said so you guys scream buy buy buy non stop do you tell guys when to sell ?
and you guys replied back.. no that is their problem..
in other words you sucker them into buying them dump on them hard while lying your ass off about this big future for XYZ shitcoin to noobs.

yes you are scum.

FUD first & ask questions later™
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:52:43 PM

Problem is that you still have no EVIDENCE.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

Problem is that you still have no EVIDENCE.

Tons of proof has been posted so get over it it or debunk it.. or get on with your lawsuit threats !

and by the way mouthy little cunt.. who do you represent when you PM'd me your suing me ?

atcsecure

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

(No subject)
« Sent to: Spoetnik on: Today at 08:07:13 AM »

You've crossed the line, I'm contacting my attorney, this is slander and libel... your gonna be held accountable for this!!!

infazan

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:57:45 PM

i say, that shit scam 29 oct - https://twitter.com/Anti_Pump/status/527552242636042241
UnicornFarts

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:57:50 PM

This deserves it's own thread rofl.  ACTSecure suing spotniek.

love you man ... making the scammers sweat bullets
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:58:41 PM

Oh and yes, I have a crypto related chat that Dan is a member of... It's not a P&D crew.. it's just a hangout with me and people I like. Many members exchange tips there, I often will talk about coins i like.. a bit about TA and where I am on my projects. It is NOT a pump and dump crew at all.
Fuck this. I want a refund on Bittrex.

we need to start a petition for refunds i think !

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:59:01 PM

This deserves it's own thread rofl.  ACTSecure suing spotniek

done Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: