Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:58:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheBlonde

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:32:49 AM

Summary

1. Spy is not nice
2. SDC is dead
3. Util is the new XC
4. BlockNet will be pumped
5. The Blonde is the best

Cheers!
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:26:51 AM

Oh and yes, I have a crypto related chat that Dan is a member of... It's not a P&D crew.. it's just a hangout with me and people I like. Many members exchange tips there, I often will talk about coins i like.. a bit about TA and where I am on my projects. It is NOT a pump and dump crew at all.
Fuck this. I want a refund on Bittrex.

we need to start a petition for refunds i think !

I agree, or risk killing the future of Crypto

trading involve risk, you can't just ask for refund when your stock just plunged 50%. i think it is just nonsense
Bittrex did a refund on ClusterCoin. They can do this. It happened 2 months ago.

"If an amount of less than 850 BTC (~$300,000) is raised, funds will be returned to investors." i am sure the ito already passed that. i never heard of clustercoin before but it's probably fall into their cluster policy somewhere to give refund if certain point isn't met. crypto trading is like stock trading so there is no reason people should expecting a refund if their stock is plunged 50%,
ClusterCoin met all of Bittrex escrow policy and yet Bittrex made a decision to do a refund. It was revealed that the dev was using a paid account. I dont see how is the current case different
xiaomi7

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:52:27 AM

Summary

1. Spy is not nice
2. SDC is dead
3. Util is the new XC

Cheers!

REAL SUMMARY

1. XC IS PROMS PUMP&DUMP
2. DAN IS JUST A PUMPER
3. UTIL IS THE LAST PROMS PUMP&DUMP
4. BLOCKNET WILL BE DUMPED
5. THEBLONDE IS A PROMS ACCOUNT

Levole11

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:38:22 PM

Summary

1. Spy is not nice
2. SDC is dead
3. Util is the new XC

Cheers!

REAL SUMMARY

1. XC IS PROMS PUMP&DUMP
2. DAN IS JUST A PUMPER

You seem very wel informed, for a newb.. Whose account is xiaomi7, "noob'?
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:43:09 PM

Summary

1. Spy is not nice
2. SDC is dead
3. Util is the new XC

Cheers!

REAL SUMMARY

1. XC IS PROMS PUMP&DUMP
2. DAN IS JUST A PUMPER

You complete idiot, XC is a P&D? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that actually sounds?

So he just made XC one of the most technically advanced coins out there for the hell of it did he?
He came up with a method of anonymous transactions that still has an unclaimed bounty from months ago because, what, he was bored?

Jog the fuck on you numpty.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:41:25 PM

…where the hell is the facepalm-emoticon? Roll Eyes

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
vgolitsyn

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:59:06 PM

Can you also make a thread Crypt? All of Skype convo of prom contained CRYPT, and HAL also.

Crypt Revival LOL This is like a greatest hits , or Saga.... Brilliant media
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:00:41 PM

Summary

1. Spy is not nice
2. SDC is dead
3. Util is the new XC

Cheers!

^
Thats an fucking IE puppet account. That guy post bad calls with an twitter account of an 45 year old bitch. Last call was to buy darkshibe at 20k. LMAO

https://twitter.com/theblonde82  <--- follow only for commedy  Cool

BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 03:03:30 PM

The guy attends shows and puts on a legit farce and has a business.  Wonder if any of this will bleed over to his rl.

I find it useful to keep reminding myself that the map is not the territory and the bitcointalk/github account is not the person.

Co-incidentally, I encountered some interesting relevant info, thought I'd write it up and share it with the discussants here ...

BlockNet is a straightforwardly-rebranded git clone of BitSwift. By “straightforwardly-rebranded”, I mean that, apart from some minimal changes to parameters, the rest of the changes are to the strings carrying the coin's name. This string replacement is often crude, fuzzily focused and inadequately constrained.

Fuzzy focus in BlockNet revealing BitSwift origin https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/blob/master/COPYING#L1
Copyright (c) 2014 BitSwift Developers
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 NovaCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 PPCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Bitcoin Developers

The current construction of BlockNet's heritage trail as AGS, DRM, HACK is incomplete and should read BITSWIFT, AGS, DRM, HACK

As a cloneparent, BitSwift itself is a straightforwardly-rebranded git clone of AegisCoin, as revealed by the dog's breakfast that the AegisCoin dev has made of the original carsenk <spit> clone with s/DRM/AGS/g and which, like a treasured family heirloom, has been faithfully preserved all the way down to the BlockNet code:

Example of inadequate constraint inherited from inept ancestor dev https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/blob/master/src/addrman.cpp#L9
int CAddrInfo::GetTriedBucket(const std::vector<unsigned char> &nKey) const
{
    CDataStream ss1(SER_GETHASH, 0);
    std::vector<unsigned char> vchKey = GetKey();
    ss1 << nKey << vchKey;
    uint64_t hash1 = Hash(ss1.begin(), ss1.end()).Get64();

CDataStream ss2(SER_GETHASH, 0);
    std::vector<unsigned char> vchGroupKey = GetGroup();
    ss2 << nKey << vchGroupKey << (hash1 % ADAGSAN_TRIED_BUCKETS_PER_GROUP);
    uint64_t hash2 = Hash(ss2.begin(), ss2.end()).Get64();
    return hash2 % ADAGSAN_TRIED_BUCKET_COUNT;
}

AegisCoin itself is a clone of DreamCoin, a Carsen Keck <spit> device. The original carsenk <spit> github repo is long gone but I made a fork at the time and the code testifies that the Korean hackcoin dev (who, to give him his due, had successfully created a “best-of” coin which is still prized today) was justified in accusing Carsen Keck <spit> of crass ineptitude:

https://github.com/gjhiggins/dreamcoin/blob/master/COPYING

Copyright (c) 2014 hackcoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 NovaCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 PPCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Bitcoin Developers

BlockNet, presented for ICO in Nov 2014, is basically a degraded copy of 6 month-old hackcoin and the identifiable descendants that populate the family tree have all turned out to be black sheep. Using this foul heritage as a foundational codebase for an ambitious project is an inexplicably odd choice for a reputedly savvy dev.

It may be that the choice of initial commit is irrelevant - some devs adopt the tactic of simply obliterating the original commit with a later monolithic commit or even ignoring the open source code entirely and pursuing a V2.0-binary-only release policy, spuriously argued as aimed at protecting IP.

Cheers

Graham

Oh my... this is bad. Can't believe I almost joined the IPO.
It sounds drastic but the best way to make them look like an ass is to complete the project. Seriously.
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:36:57 PM

Apparently i faked 3 months of conversation with myself.

https://twitter.com/The_Blocknet/status/528348949980397568

Yet earlier in this thread prom already admitted the conversations were true. Even earlier than that before the SS were posted. Synechist (sp?) Was claiming the conversations were modified IRC logs.
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:39:17 PM

Yet earlier in this thread prom already admitted the conversations were true. Even earlier than that before the SS were posted. Synechist (sp?) Was claiming the conversations were modified IRC logs.

You don't get the point.
It's not about faking the screens, it's about Prometheus speaking bed-time stories.

Dan
00Smurf

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:47:36 PM

You don't get the point.
It's not about faking the screens, it's about Prometheus speaking bed-time stories.

Dan

No I very well do get the point, But the Blocknet official twitter account is claiming they are faked, others like you claim prom is just speaking BS.

The conversations are true, It'd be easy enough for "The blocknet" to just claim as you do that proms claims are BS rather than insist i faked skype conversations.
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:53:27 PM

You don't get the point.

Dan

No I very well do get the point, But the Blocknet official twitter account is claiming they are faked, others like you claim prom is just speaking BS.

The conversations are true, It'd be easy enough for "The blocknet" to just claim as you do that proms claims are BS rather than insist i faked skype conversations.

"It is exceptionally easy to modify conversations. It is equally easy to impersonate a Skype user."

They don't CLAIM. They are just saying that something is wrong. Either faked conversation, either impersonated skype user.
We know for sure one thing, that Prometheus is a pump&dump guy...

So, I won't trust this guy, but I'll choose to trust the guy which I can shake hands with, Dan in this matter.
Scammer don't just go at conferences like that.

You have to think about that too.
NoMoreLies (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:54:23 PM

You don't get the point.

Dan

This is precisely one of the most suspicious parts of this, the fact that they chose to attack the authenticity of the logs rather than the truth of Prometheus's claims.

This was before you released your screenshots so I expect they had no idea that this would backfire on them. It's clear from your logs that Prometheus was afraid you were going to leak the information. It almost looks like the lot of them had already prepared this defence after Prom started threatening you about leaking it. Unfortunately for them I don't think they realised quite how much corroborating evidenence you and others had amassed.
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:56:02 PM

You don't get the point.

Dan

This is precisely one of the most suspicious parts of this, the fact that they chose to attack the authenticity of the message rather than the truth of Prometheus's claims.

This was before you released your screenshots so I expect they had no idea that this would backfire on them. It's almost as if this was agreed upon beforehand. It's clear from your logs that Prometheus was afraid you were going to leak the information. It almost looks like the lot of them had already prepared this defence after Prom started threatening you about leaking it. Unfortunately for them I don't think they realised quite how much corroborating evidenence you and others had amassed.

Why don't you ask Prometheus to prove that he is part of this? I bet he can't prove shit.
Any access to any github out there?

I don't think so...
NoMoreLies (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:00:54 PM

You don't get the point.

Dan

This is precisely one of the most suspicious parts of this, the fact that they chose to attack the authenticity of the message rather than the truth of Prometheus's claims.

This was before you released your screenshots so I expect they had no idea that this would backfire on them. It's almost as if this was agreed upon beforehand. It's clear from your logs that Prometheus was afraid you were going to leak the information. It almost looks like the lot of them had already prepared this defence after Prom started threatening you about leaking it. Unfortunately for them I don't think they realised quite how much corroborating evidenence you and others had amassed.

Why don't you ask Prometheus to prove that he is part of this? I bet he can't prove shit.

I don't think so...

Nice try. How about addressing my point?

This is precisely one of the most suspicious parts of this, the fact that they chose to attack the authenticity of the logs rather than the truth of Prometheus's claims.

They do so here, here, and here.

What possible reason could they have for choosing this line of defence? Give it some thought (if your cognitive biases will allow it). I understand it is hard to stay rational and unemotional about something you have put money into, but this, along with the contents of the logs, is very very suspicious.

The obvious reason would be because they've been colluding with Prometheus.
00Smurf

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:35:40 PM

You don't get the point.

Dan

I don't think so...

You don;t need git access to control a coin. You just have to control the money supply to the DEV's or be supplying the money to the DEV's.
Bitaurox

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:36:08 PM

You don't get the point.

Dan

Yes, it IS about faking screens!

A group of Bitcointalk users have modified (or perhaps completely invented) some IRC chat logs and screenshots in order to spread FUD about the Blocknet and XC.

Can't even get the statements of your own gurus straight? Poor Moron!
NoMoreLies (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:50:17 PM

You don't get the point.

Dan

Yes, it IS about faking screens!

A group of Bitcointalk users have modified (or perhaps completely invented) some IRC chat logs and screenshots in order to spread FUD about the Blocknet and XC.

Can't even get the statements of your own gurus straight? Poor Moron!

And they made 3 separate statements to that effect: here, here, and here.
MEED

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

blocknet ITO is fucked up and should be refunded
anybody got any word from bittrex guys? They are decent and should stop this madness
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: