Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:56:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100091 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:22:56 PM

blocknet ITO is fucked up and should be refunded
anybody got any word from bittrex guys? They are decent and should stop this madness

<bittrex> no ICO terms have been violated
<bittrex> but we will conduct a review
<bittrex> before opening the market or releasing the funds
<bittrex> needless to say we are very unhappy with how things turned out
<bittrex> we learned a lesson
<bittrex> exclusivity is non negotiable in future offerings
<bittrex> when other parties are involved, we can't ensure compliance with terms
<bittrex> I wasn't consulted
<bittrex> by the time the full terms were known we had already committed

FUD first & ask questions later™
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:33:45 PM

anybody got any word from bittrex guys? They are decent and should stop this madness

<bittrex> when other parties are involved, we can't ensure compliance with terms

lol, they smell something Cheesy

UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

lol, they smell something Cheesy

It seems like blocknet said there would be escrow until BlockNET was delivered along checkpoints.  So dev meets checkpoint X% of funds are released.

Then at some point it changed to the escrow just being until BlockNET released their own PoS wallet.  So all they had to do was get a PoS clone up then the exchange released the funds.

I bet this is the thing bittrex wasn't consulted on.

(these are a little fuzzy and I'd have to dig)

I'm not sure if this verbiage changed at a certain point in time - it would require digging and I'm running low on time (may do it later)
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:49:46 PM

while i agree this is all fucked up but i dont see any way that bittrex (or the other exchanges) would cancel the ito. I dont think it can be cancelled just because the main guy was found to be less than truthful, because that is pretty much every ico. i think a more likely way this plays out is we see some of the other participating coins distancing themselves from this or even dropping out. Who knows what will go on with the price. It's all pretty sad really but not surprising at all. usually the last person you should trust is the one saying trust me.
IsDanDone

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:53:50 PM

while i agree this is all fucked up but i dont see any way that bittrex (or the other exchanges) would cancel the ito. I dont think it can be cancelled just because the main guy was found to be less than truthful, because that is pretty much every ico. i think a more likely way this plays out is we see some of the other participating coins distancing themselves from this or even dropping out. Who knows what will go on with the price. It's all pretty sad really but not surprising at all. usually the last person you should trust is the one saying trust me.

I agree UNLESS they changed their period of ESCROW.  

If they did that then I think the exchanges will bring it back - send money back to people and tell XC if they want to do it get their escrow terms nailed down into stone.

The sad part is everyone defending who bought into the ICO might get their money back if exchanges cancel it.  If exchanges don't - the ICO will have the shit dumped out of it and never come back.  Meanwhile Dan & friends have all the BTC & an excuse to abandon the project.
leewilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:53:59 PM

Where did the blocknet ITO go on bter? It was there yesterday when I checked. The charts on bter showed a dump of 8000 coins, but the market history did not reflect the sell?
Did it sell out?

Poloniex has had the blocknet market open for trading since they put the ITO up and has been trading under the ITO price for the last 48 hours.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:55:06 PM

It's a Ponzi platform so they can put a ponzi in your ponzi for extra special bonus ponzi !

leewilson

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:58:52 PM

I agree UNLESS they changed their period of ESCROW.  

If they did that then I think the exchanges will bring it back - send money back to people and tell XC if they want to do it get their escrow terms nailed down into stone.

The sad part is everyone defending who bought into the ICO might get their money back if exchanges cancel it.  If exchanges don't - the ICO will have the shit dumped out of it and never come back.  Meanwhile Dan & friends have all the BTC & an excuse to abandon the project.

Or bittrex can claim there was a breach of contract because poloniex has the blocknet market up and trading and the blocknet group knew of this all along.

Or bittrex could open up the blocknet market for trading. That would let the market fall below the ITO price and eliminate the remainder of the ITO being bought from them.

I know I would be pissed if an ITO was hosted on multiple exchanges some of which are trading and the exchange I picked no trading is allowed.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:04:39 PM

yeah poloniex trading is the only legit reason i can see it cancelled. that really is violating the terms that everyone agreed to. for once that fuck up might just be the best thing to happen here. I have some blocknet but it would be some cosmic justice shit to see it cancelled and the XC people that fucked everyone over lose both their XC and their block. i dont know whay people in crypto think Karma doesnt apply here, i have seen it happen many times and its always glorious.
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:04:43 PM

Check pm NoMoreLies mate i sent you a message Cheesy

UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

yeah poloniex trading is the only legit reason i can see it cancelled. that really is violating the terms that everyone agreed to. for once that fuck up might just be the best thing to happen here. I have some blocknet but it would be some cosmic justice shit to see it cancelled and the XC people that fucked everyone over lose both their XC and their block. i dont know whay people in crypto think Karma doesnt apply here, i have seen it happen many times and its always glorious.

I hope you get your BlockNET tokens back in bitcoin as well.  I've been fighting the XC crowd for awhile.  It's rampant with willful ignorance more than I've seen in any altcoin community.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:06:53 PM

_!_ suck me for deleting my post

Fucking low life losers, making a live out of FUD spreading.

i think your confused about what fud is sir. The revelation that the main Dev behind this cant be trusted isnt fud its a fact, theres a big difference. Even if your invested this is good information to have in order to make the right decisions going forward.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:10:04 PM

Trash talk from competitors, nothing new
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:11:42 PM

I hope you get your BlockNET tokens back in bitcoin as well.  I've been fighting the XC crowd for awhile.  It's rampant with willful ignorance more than I've seen in any altcoin community.

dude i have stayed away from XC and right now im glad my gut is as dialed in as it is because all of those "supporters" got and are still getting hosed. Most of the time in life the people that have gone to such huge extremes to say they are honest end up being the least honest. Smart people know it isnt something you have to convince people of rather something you prove with actions. I dont really care what happens honestly, i would gladly lose whatever btc i put into it to see the dishonest people that caused it lose. but thats just me. im crazy like that.
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:16:01 PM

poloniex ist the only exchange that give people the chance to gtfo of this with a small loss. people that bought at bittrex getting rekt hard this time

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:19:36 PM

Why ? Just because i told your mother, get dressed you disgust me last night *afterwards ?
she makes shitty sandwiches i am leaving her negative rating on Grinder !

I hope you Kiddiot scam defenders caught your breath because it's about to get a whole lot more interesting.. roooooooounde 2 ding ding

The Blocknet-gate scandal is going into phase 2 and workers are preparing a tsunami of fresh evidence (since the last batch was not enough)

Thanks to all the special people who filled me in on the exciting events and additional tips via PM Smiley

buy a fresh box of pampers cause this shit is on now ! .scammers should have just came clean when they had the chance LOL

Danny and friends you fucked up and you went to far with this lawsuit shit accept the consequences now.

leewilson

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:28:37 PM

poloniex ist the only exchange that give people the chance to gtfo of this with a small loss. people that bought at bittrex getting rekt hard this time

possibly bter too, but I do not see the blocknet marker there anymore?? (maybe I am missing it?)
I know yesterday the blocknet market chart at bter reflected a sell of 8000 coins, but the market history did not show it.

Anyone seeing the bter market? did it sell out? was it pulled? or am I missing it?

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:29:19 PM

Why ? Just because i told your mother, get dressed you disgust me last night *afterwards ?
she makes shitty sandwiches i am leaving her negative rating on Grinder !

I hope you Kiddiot scam defenders caught your breath because it's about to get a whole lot more interesting.. roooooooounde 2 ding ding

The Blocknet-gate scandal is going into phase 2 and workers are preparing a tsunami of fresh evidence (since the last batch was not enough)

Thanks to all the special people who filled me in on the exciting events and additional tips via PM Smiley

buy a fresh box of pampers cause this shit is on now ! .scammers should have just came clean when they had the chance LOL

Danny and friends you fucked up and you went to far with this lawsuit shit accept the consequences now.

o ok
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:31:45 PM

seriously:

"yeah,
but meanwhile it is smearing XC's and Dan's reputation"

talking about lawyers and whatnot, could they be any more gullible? this dude dumped his premine on you suckers and your going to defend him while the coin goes down in flames. apparently they slept through crypto school. There isnt anything anyone has done to ruin the guys reputation that he didnt bring on himself, sorry folks you have to live with your choices in this world, calling everything fud may keep the stupid people on the line but the rest of us know how all of this plays out. And going all moolah on everyone and calling in lawyers? LOL! good luck with that. go look up libel and slander, it is only an option to charge someone if what they are saying isnt true. in this case the thing everyone is saying and are pissed about is true, its not fud, its not a violation of the law. I would bet though that if a lawyer dug enough he could find things to charge the XC devs with. They have already proven they cant outsmart everyone and any more attempts at doing so are futile. The only way anyones rep here even makes any upward motion at all is by being honest, they have already proven that isnt the road they are going to take so...in case you havent ever become a bagholder and seen how all this plays out right now is your chance. go buy some XC and you can get that experience locked down.
leewilson

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:21:01 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9407509#msg9407509

I wanted to make a clear and concise statement about all of this mud slinging going around....

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

What I find most interesting about this amount of FUD is that all the information was already public, and to think that I have all these alias's on this forum is complete insanity.

My full statement on the matter can be viewed at http://www.atcsecure.com/blog/Official_Statement.pdf

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

progress's ...really?

It is apparent he did not write the official statement pdf presented unless he is forgetting which alias he is using?
or his england based pr is writing it.

This has been brought into question before regarding the potential flip flopping of american and english/canadian usage of the english language.
The pdf uses the word "offence"
The american usage is "offense"

Maybe nothing. Maybe everything.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: