Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dragnar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:58:59 PM

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Quote from: synechist on November 17, 2014, 04:38:58 PM
Quote from: benthach on November 17, 2014, 03:51:14 PM
lol
dan have all your btc right now

That's incorrect. Funds are stored in a multisig address, in escrow, so Dan does not control them.

In due course we'll be releasing details on the board of people who will jointly have control over funds (the funds will still be subject to a third party auditor as well).

like xc,s premine o god damn never mind < this was deleted XD

*  lol  *

lol no ty
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:36:22 PM

Did xc ever post a detailed list of their expenses from the premine like they promised?

No one will answer that question in the main XC thread

I don't believe so.  There was a generalized list which mentioned 5-8 different types of expenses but no solid numbers or break down that I am aware of.

I've been following this saga from the sidelines.  And this is what I don't understand.

XC sold off the pre-mine (a large portion RIGHT before launching blocknet) then stated they had overlooked giving a detailed account like they promised to begin with.  They promise to come forward with detailed accounting for the funds shortly.

And NOW it appears they have no such intentions.  Rather to quote Dan "There is an organized FUD campaign against us".

It's like - since they think people are being mean to them it gives them the right to ignore their promises of transparency?  The more they can demonize the opposition with character assassination remarks the more they can distract from the failure to honor their word in hopes that with enough time the clamor for transparency will go away (it already largely has).

The "reporting" on this in allowing the XC guy to write an article against the XC "FUD" was as objective as letting Spotniek author an article.  I can't believe the joke reporting that goes on.

I'll just say that based on how "the team" is treating their own commitment and their own community there is much here that no one knows about and that they don't want them to know about.  The PR guys latest attempts at demonizing XC hodlers who've asked legitimate questions has also been beyond impressive.  Very similar to how the Moolah CEO acted.

If you wanted my cynical opinion - I'd say Arlyn's latest sega of going from uber friendly handholding PR guy to the snark on long time hodlers is indicative of the fact that "the team" no longer has anything to gain (or very little) from XC's continued development.  They've sold the pre-mine and now it is a pointless drain on their time that they have to keep up for appearance sake.

Expect a few more releases, things to get quieter in the thread (already started happening) as they try to put the hodlers to sleep quietly.  All without ever having to open source the code.

Then again ... maybe that's just the cynic inside of me talking.  But anyone who hasn't noticed an attitude shift from the XC team hasn't been paying attention.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4927

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:03:09 PM

Glad I wasn't foolish enough to fall for this. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
EyesWideOpen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:38:31 PM

Did xc ever post a detailed list of their expenses from the premine like they promised?

I don't believe so.  There was a generalized list which mentioned 5-8 different types of expenses but no solid numbers or break down that I am aware of.

I've been following this saga from the sidelines.  And this is what I don't understand.

XC sold off the pre-mine (a large portion RIGHT before launching blocknet) then stated they had overlooked giving a detailed account like they promised to begin with.  They promise to come forward with detailed accounting for the funds shortly.

And NOW it appears they have no such intentions.  Rather to quote Dan "There is an organized FUD campaign against us".

It's like - since they think people are being mean to them it gives them the right to ignore their promises of transparency?  The more they can demonize the opposition with character assassination remarks the more they can distract from the failure to honor their word in hopes that with enough time the clamor for transparency will go away (it already largely has).

The "reporting" on this in allowing the XC guy to write an article against the XC "FUD" was as objective as letting Spotniek author an article.  I can't believe the joke reporting that goes on.

I'll just say that based on how "the team" is treating their own commitment and their own community there is much here that no one knows about and that they don't want them to know about.  The PR guys latest attempts at demonizing XC hodlers who've asked legitimate questions has also been beyond impressive.  Very similar to how the Moolah CEO acted.

If you wanted my cynical opinion - I'd say Arlyn's latest sega of going from uber friendly handholding PR guy to the snark on long time hodlers is indicative of the fact that "the team" no longer has anything to gain (or very little) from XC's continued development.  They've sold the pre-mine and now it is a pointless drain on their time that they have to keep up for appearance sake.

Expect a few more releases, things to get quieter in the thread (already started happening) as they try to put the hodlers to sleep quietly.  All without ever having to open source the code.

Then again ... maybe that's just the cynic inside of me talking.  But anyone who hasn't noticed an attitude shift from the XC team hasn't been paying attention.

It all started when Smurf took screen caps of his conversation with Prometheus and leaked it to his inner circle.
Those screen caps triggered the domino effect that eventually almost destroyed Blocknet, XC and Metcalf. Not Prom - he's insulated.
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:40:45 PM

It all started when Smurf took screen caps of his conversation with Prometheus and leaked it to his inner circle.
Those screen caps triggered the domino effect that eventually almost destroyed Blocknet, XC and Metcalf. Not Prom - he's insulated.

There was no leaking to an inner circle. Unless you count the sdc team as the inner circle. I passed on the info as prom asked me to when he approached me about getting sdc to join blocknet.

There were plenty of other suspicious things about blocknet/xc and dan that other people were questioning long before any skype convos were posted. The blow up over the non transparency of the xc premine was already in full swing.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:42:17 PM

The blow up over the non transparency of the xc premine was already in full swing.

Ironic thing about that is that they were like "oops forgot to disclose ... details coming shortly" and the details never came.

Ask about it in the main thread and you're met with cries of "the core team doesn't have time to give account for the money!" etc etc

Dan chimed in once and said that it was still coming.  After three weeks?  Yeah right ...

It's beyond me that people would trust a team with more funds for a different project immediately after finding that team had spent all the premine money from another project and didn't give account for it.

At the very least put the fundraiser off until and account of that other money could be made.  This makes me think I need to pull out of crypto all together.  We are still in an insane dotcom optimistic bubble era if people are still able to raise money with these practices
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4927

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:59:04 PM

Greed has a way of blinding people.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:32:36 PM

Everyone should take a look at some of the supernet newsletters and see just what awesome things they are doing  Smiley
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:51:25 PM

Everyone should take a look at some of the supernet newsletters and see just what awesome things they are doing  Smiley
Agreed...but I think this thread should be a relatively shill free zone.
Even I manage to post here without mentioning Nxt on every single line.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:58:18 PM

Agreed...but I think this thread should be a relatively shill free zone.
Even I manage to post here without mentioning Nxt on every single line.
well technically you did as its in your signature. Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:38:23 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 09:16:27 PM by Spoetnik

@rdnkjdi
The whole thing was like that from day 1

It was a build your own scam game.

When i first looked at the ANN topic there was just a simple jpeg with a list of maybe 10 bullet point sentences
and after they carefully sat back and watched us start complaining they took each complaint as a task (a personal scam bounty)
and they propped up up asap to make it look more legit.. i made a loud stink of the jpeg and they quickly tacked on another one with WAY more info LOL
This scam routine / game can be seen with Carbon Coin.. every point i made they went and change the coin or added info after the fact to seal up all the holes.
And the important part is guys always want to get in on a coin on day 1 right ? It's how we do this stuff..
And this scammy tactic gives the scammers the advantage.. smart people will hold off and scammers will dive on it asap !
This is a classic tactical advantage ploy around here and it always has been.
Take Dark coin for example.. it was launched with no anon features just a rip off sorts of Quak's hashing Algo
and they re-branded it "X11" and started hype / Pump campaigns.. MANY months after the inner circle flash mined the shit coin (no one gove two shits about)
The anon shit and the popularity came waaaaay later.. after the handful of so called devs etc were sitting on vast amounts holding quietly for ages LOL

And with Carbon Coin they used Scrypt Asics to flash mine the shit out of it "promising" to plant tree's as part of the block reward
then later they tried to launch a hype campaign and i laughed and said it was a scrypt clone with a fake gimmick attached to it
and those cock suckers tried as hard as they could to bash me and discredit me..but they can't.. i was not lying it REALLY WAS a scrypt clone
so they changed the Algo LOL
Why did they change it if i was wrong ? hmmmm ?
That Carbon Coin scam was an evolving story of lies just like Blocknet pushed by scammers like "Oldminer"
They originally tried to say a friend in another country (the UK) promised to handle the tree planting and when no word or proof showed up
one of them said he would start doing some seeding in his back yard and posted pictures of a few plants seeding on pop bottles in his shed = ROFL

And my point all along was how are they going to scale up this so all those tons of trees can get planted for each and every block ?
the more people involved the more trees that would get planted right ?
They started to sweat i think realizing no one was falling for their gimmick + scam..
So they edited some old comments earlier in the topic with about 20 pictures each of them about 6mb each ..the page load time here is brutal LOL
And what they said along along was they were having trees planted by a professional so what did they post pictures of ?
GRAPE VINES HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

My last name is on a world famous bottle of wine by a company my family started in the late 50's
and..... i live in Kelowna BC, CAN ..prob the wine capital of Canada and i actually see vine yards in my back fucking yard !!!!
We have over 100 vine-yards in Kelowna so ALL people here know what a grape vine looks like ROFL
And some of my old friends growing up were actual real professional Tree Planters that went into the forest and planted them.

So i busted them wide fucking open and that was just 1 single solitary point of countless.. i caught them lying about !
I have other stories too like the guy Old Miner pushing other coins that are confirmed scams too..

Pro Tip: If anyone says they are "collecting" for the Ebola disease bear in mind,
ALL Ebola "cure" research funding is provided by a branch of the US Dept of Defense
and all scientific research is handled (under strict contract) by 1 group in Canada and 1 in the USA. (both funded by the US DOD and CAN govt.)
So ? ..think about where your work or coins or donations etc are going.. because they are NOT going to research ROFL  Roll Eyes

It's build your own scam forum..
Post some stupid picture make 5 say nothing at all and flash mine etc or lure people in with vague info
then carefully hang around the Blocknet ANN topic picking and choosing select questions that are fed to you to answer.. and delete the rest.
With Prometheus / Bobsurplus waiting in the wings of course too do his usual Pump group dirty work

And mods here.. suck my cock !
I showed everyone here the ties to Saltyspitoon the mod and Bobby and Dan and prom and all of a sudden you guys started deleting tons of my shit out of the blue
I think i scared them LOL
The core is rotten boys and girls and it runs deep !

Still waiting for synechrist to sue me on behalf of Dan for claiming Dan may in fact be Prometheus
which of you think about it... if the accusation of being Prometheus is so bad that you have to threaten to sue Spoetnik for raising the possibility ?
then how bad is Prometheus's rep ? see what i mean ? That is proof they KNEW the connection looked BAD form day one !
or synechrist would not have raged on me with lawsuit threats multiple times.

And funnier is he had the fucking nerve to say here a few pages back he was not hiding when i had kept asking him if he's still suing me.. i got no reply ever !
And i also asked him why he would be suing me since it was Dan that i suggested may be Prometheus.. see what i mean guys ?
If Dan and synechrist are different guys then would synechrist threaten me over that and not Dan ?
And if they are really different people i said then what is it they both do for Blocknet ? what is their rolls in the matter.. i was ignored..
as he kept coming back to this topic claiming he was NOT hiding LOL

They think they are smart but they are not .

By the way what i said about mods before was that Bobsurplus has feedback from a mod thanking him
for doing eBay deal for him (bob sold stuff for the previous ALT section mod)
And then when i was poking around i see a guy say Bobby's private pump group was planning on pumping Blocknet VERY early on !!!
THEN Bobby actually fucking admitted it an defended it showing i was right earlier ROFL'z !!
The original info i think was leaked by a secret pump group high roller who had paid the "fee" to get Bobby's secret pump plans
but had leaked it on the link in Bobsurplus Forum-Sig here about his "Pump Group".
The guy said something like "don't bother guys.. Bob is planning on pumping Blocknet and some other coin" in other words saying don't pay him for the info i will just tell you Wink
And then like i said Bob admitted it i seen a guy quote him admitting it here and confronted Bobby about it and he laughed at me and made some cocky dickhead remark.
Who's laughing ? me Bobby ..me Wink

You don't have enough Bitcoin in your wallet to buy my credibility bitches.. class and integrity is not for sale scamming pricks.
laugh all you want too.. but i WILL have the last laugh i fucking guarantee it.. you don't know what is coming mr. (brag on Twitter) Rolex and BMW Bobby HAhahahahha

And the rest of you may want to consider the risks of investing in illegal pyramids schemes with possible regulation / arrests looming  Shocked
Don't "act" smart..... BE smart !

the bloodbath is coming Kiss

The risk is honest guys may lose their investments from schemes or scheme providing services such as exchanges IPO hosters etc.
Some of these places may get shut down and your coins may vanish for a long time or guys may get scared and claim the dog at them..
and worse.. these scammers like Blocknet ITO crew idiots may get arrested etc.
Think twice about WHAT you invest in (IPO/ICO/ITO/SCAM) and WHERE you are storing your shit !
You never know when the US gov (FBI/IRS/FINCEN etc) will show up with warrants on US companies door steps or scammers door steps.

EDIT:
Fixed a few spelling errors Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:34:33 AM

you know whats funny and disgusting is all you hear on irc is the community is why alts are down, the community is toxic..blah  blah blah. open your fucking eyes you goddamn sheep! alts are down because ico's and these scamming fucks like danny boy and faggot surplus of asslube and promethegayest are draining all the btc out of the ecosystem. nobody can buy shit because its all been stolen. you motherfuckers want change you gotta be the ones to change it. dont buy stupid fucking ico's. instead of joining pump groups learn how to trade on your own and most importantly SHARE INFORMATION! the only way any of this exists is because people keep their secrets. fuck them, you owe them no loyalty. if you want to continue to be involved in alts then learn how to do something other than ride the coat tails of the loser brigade and fucking contribute. really the answers to all of these problems are right there in front of your face and its in your control to change it so fucking do it. its pretty sad to watch all of this go down month after month while no one does a goddamn thing to change it. every ico dipshits throw btc at it and guess what they never make shit. and as a result now mining sucks. i really dont think this is what satoshi had in mind when he made btc, we have been infiltrated by a bunch of dirtbags that need a bitchslap right across their greedy selfish bitch ass faces. i hope someone out there has reported danny boy to the irs because if he owes all those back taxes they are going to want to go ahead and take that million dollar ico he just scammed OUR community out of right out of his greedy fucking fingers. i hate this whole anonymous thing, if this was the real world i would be fucking these people up on a pretty regular basis but since that isnt an option i guess the irs and whatever else we have at our disposal will have to do. these fuckers gotta go one way or the other.
UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:31:30 AM

you know whats funny and disgusting is all you hear on irc is the community is why alts are down, the community is toxic..blah  blah blah. open your fucking eyes you goddamn sheep! alts are down because ico's and these scamming fucks like danny boy and faggot surplus of asslube and promethegayest are draining all the btc out of the ecosystem. nobody can buy shit because its all been stolen. you motherfuckers want change you gotta be the ones to change it. dont buy stupid fucking ico's. instead of joining pump groups learn how to trade on your own and most importantly SHARE INFORMATION! the only way any of this exists is because people keep their secrets. fuck them, you owe them no loyalty. if you want to continue to be involved in alts then learn how to do something other than ride the coat tails of the loser brigade and fucking contribute. really the answers to all of these problems are right there in front of your face and its in your control to change it so fucking do it. its pretty sad to watch all of this go down month after month while no one does a goddamn thing to change it. every ico dipshits throw btc at it and guess what they never make shit. and as a result now mining sucks. i really dont think this is what satoshi had in mind when he made btc, we have been infiltrated by a bunch of dirtbags that need a bitchslap right across their greedy selfish bitch ass faces. i hope someone out there has reported danny boy to the irs because if he owes all those back taxes they are going to want to go ahead and take that million dollar ico he just scammed OUR community out of right out of his greedy fucking fingers. i hate this whole anonymous thing, if this was the real world i would be fucking these people up on a pretty regular basis but since that isnt an option i guess the irs and whatever else we have at our disposal will have to do. these fuckers gotta go one way or the other.

While I think IPO's can serve to fund a valid project more successfully than a premine ever could, (VIA, SuperNET) You are right 9 times out of 10.   Maybe 19 out of 20.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:24:40 AM

yes i agree on some level, an ipo where actual work is being done can be ok. but it should be escrowed with an exchange where after x gets completed a certain amount of funds are dispersed. this whole fancy graphics gimme your money with no real product ever being produced has to go. its the same ol same ol people abusing crypto because they have no real skills to contribute. the rest of the world is looking at us more and more everyday and all they see is thieves and scammers. even the btc people share this view that alts have nothing to contribute. its sad because we could be doing some really great things if we can get people to wisen up and lose the get rich overnight mentality. and of course eliminate the scammers from the scene entirely which wouldnt be hard to do with some due dilligence and people with balls.
barabbas
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:36:38 AM

yes i agree on some level, an ipo where actual work is being done can be ok. but it should be escrowed with an exchange where after x gets completed a certain amount of funds are dispersed. this whole fancy graphics gimme your money with no real product ever being produced has to go. its the same ol same ol people abusing crypto because they have no real skills to contribute. the rest of the world is looking at us more and more everyday and all they see is thieves and scammers. even the btc people share this view that alts have nothing to contribute. its sad because we could be doing some really great things if we can get people to wisen up and lose the get rich overnight mentality. and of course eliminate the scammers from the scene entirely which wouldnt be hard to do with some due dilligence and people with balls.

I find your perspective both agreeable and endearingly naive, for you give way too much credit to a society far more interested in the antics of Kim Kardashian than in anything the leaders of the world, on any matter, may say, propose or do. The alt world is nothing but a microcosm of the society that gave birth to it.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 08:40:18 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 08:54:29 AM by gjhiggins

The alt world is nothing but a microcosm of the society that gave birth to it.

There are reasonably clear and identifiable factors at play: the alt world stage was warped at birth by the self-regarding, ludicrously anachronistic, quasi-mediaeval “guild of cryptocurrency alchemists” pose inherited from bitcoin and which still contaminates the whole cryptocurrency domain. The inevitable course from bogus secrecy to rampant charlatanism and outright deceit isn't exactly difficult to plot for anyone skilled in the soft arts.

They initiated the “if you don't know the secrets, you shouldn't be doing altcoins” mantra that so clearly favours the unscrupulous and they are primarily responsible for the current parlous state of affairs in the alt world. An open, supportive and transparent approach to the development of bitcoin alternatives would have set a completely different tone and would have led to a different set of expectations.

I guess the “up” side is that many in the altcoin community are now working actively and collectively to address this problem --- and they do seem to be having a positive effect. I find much encouragement in the recent, almost total rejection of Piratecoin. If this continues, in time the altcoin world will become a more trustworthy market than the bitcoin world.

Cheers

Graham
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:47:42 AM

*Some IPO style coins are legit.. they say

i will copy a reply here i made on that recently Wink

I have heard that retort around here for ages.. and i still think it's bullshit.

Think of it this way banks can leave the ATM machines setup so people can take what they want using the honor system.. but they don't !
Yeah i know a bad analogy, but think about it Wink
There would be people in that scenario that WOULD be honest and take only the money they own etc.
But we all know it would be abused so bad and so fast that the bank would broke and out of business by the end of the day LOL
And that is my stance on this IPO/ICO/ITO shit.. Fuck 'em all !

FUD first & ask questions later™
spacelab

Activity: 528

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:48:35 AM

I have heard that retort around here for ages.. and i still think it's bullshit.

Think of it this way banks can leave the ATM machines setup so people can take what they want using the honor system.. but they don't !
There would be people in that scenario that WOULD be honest and take only the money they own etc.
But we all know it would be abused so bad and so fast that the bank would broke and out of business by the end of the day LOL

Youre an idiot spoetnik -- an old ignorant fool.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:23:34 AM

Youre an idiot spoetnik -- an old ignorant fool.

Did you just realize this.. most of the forum has knows this since 18-07-2013, 08:04:36
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:31:16 AM

lol Bobsurplus the shining example of ethical reason  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: