Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128902 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:17:47 AM

What the hell. Now I have a complete row of X's. Is my miner slowly dying here?

BITMAIN- help!

I have an S2 that behaves like this.  It'll run for a week or so and then an X appears.  Sometimes if I power cycle it, it'll go away.  Other times, I get more Xs.  It's luck of the draw for me.  Right now I've got 3 Xs, but it's running at 1 TH/s so I'm ignoring it.  It's always been like this.  I've replaced two chains, and the power board, and it still does it.  It has an oversized PSU in it as well.

<shrug>

If I were you I'd work with Bitmain and get it replaced.  If you're in the US, make sure you work with the Colorado branch, much quicker than the China branch.

M

S2s are different (in regards to the cause), C1s should fail like S3s. What PSU are you using, and are you sure there is no leaks?

I'm using an Corsair RM1000 and there aren't any leaks at all because I haven't needed to top anything off for a while.  If I could just get 1000GH/s out of my units which is why I bought them I'd be happy. And now my Dad's C1 one of his entire boards is dead. Reads no temp and has -------------- on ASIC status area. I'm starting to doubt the reliability of this hardware. Will there be any compensation for when shipping hardware all the way back to China if needed?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:19:57 AM

Does it matter which hoses go into the radiator, just as long as as the output of the hot water goes into the bottom of the pump? Seems the hoses are backwards here, but temps are good and it is hashing well. Take a look.

There is no problem in your connection.But personally I think it's better to let hot water go  into the top of the radiator,since the pump would be under less pressure.Parts of cooling kit improved,online video haven't change yet,we will replace with a new one as soon as possible.

Syscooling, I set it up just as it is in your video. Now you are saying there is a better way to hook everything up and you are going to create a new one now? Please get with the program and up to speed on your own products.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:30:09 AM

Fan splitter PCB,sales only $3(postage not included),could be added in watercooling kit.
saving space

Does it just work on radiator fans?  I dont see pump spot.  

You did take my idea of using a board instead of your cables....  

Here is molex to 3 pin made by proper liquid cooling company http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416652659&sr=8-3&keywords=molex+to+fan .

I plugged my 4 pin pump end right into the 3 pin PCB I got from FrozenCPU and it is powering it just fine.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:42:21 AM

I made sure to ditch the shabby wire harness. Who wants to blow up a board?

ChineseSavior

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:16:12 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 06:26:14 AM by ChineseSavior

what is this board called again? and do they sell it at frys? this will just plugin to the psu correct and then plug fans/pump into board?

I have searched frys.com for 4pin moled to 4 pin board etc and can find nothing. I need to find this board because my c1 will be in tomorrow and want to buy it locally so i can have it tomorrow when it comes.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:33:43 AM

(save space)

what is this board called again? and do they sell it at frys? this will just plugin to the psu correct and then plug fans/pump into board?

I have searched frys.com for 4pin moled to 4 pin board etc and can find nothing. I need to find this board because my c1 will be in tomorrow and want to buy it locally so i can have it tomorrow when it comes.

It's a molex to 3 pin fan board.   It is sold on amazon and frozen cpu.  http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416652659&sr=8-3&keywords=molex+to+fan

I don't think frys will have the simple molex to 3 pin power board.  They most likely will have fan controllers meant for PC slots such as http://www.frys.com/product/6433122?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG .
ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:46:55 AM

looks like i may have to take my chances and hold system cooling and dogie to there word that the harness is totally fixed.. (will do my best to inspect harness too)

no reason to doubt either of them. As a matter of fact if i take that risk and it works flawless i will trust them more. We will see in about 12 hrs Cheesy
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:01:42 AM

What the hell. Now I have a complete row of X's. Is my miner slowly dying here?

BITMAIN- help!

I have an S2 that behaves like this.  It'll run for a week or so and then an X appears.  Sometimes if I power cycle it, it'll go away.  Other times, I get more Xs.  It's luck of the draw for me.  Right now I've got 3 Xs, but it's running at 1 TH/s so I'm ignoring it.  It's always been like this.  I've replaced two chains, and the power board, and it still does it.  It has an oversized PSU in it as well.

<shrug>

If I were you I'd work with Bitmain and get it replaced.  If you're in the US, make sure you work with the Colorado branch, much quicker than the China branch.

M

S2s are different (in regards to the cause), C1s should fail like S3s. What PSU are you using, and are you sure there is no leaks?

I'm using an Corsair RM1000 and there aren't any leaks at all because I haven't needed to top anything off for a while.  If I could just get 1000GH/s out of my units which is why I bought them I'd be happy. And now my Dad's C1 one of his entire boards is dead. Reads no temp and has -------------- on ASIC status area. I'm starting to doubt the reliability of this hardware. Will there be any compensation for when shipping hardware all the way back to China if needed?

Shipping is to the US.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:04:02 AM

looks like i may have to take my chances and hold system cooling and dogie to there word that the harness is totally fixed.. (will do my best to inspect harness too)

no reason to doubt either of them. As a matter of fact if i take that risk and it works flawless i will trust them more. We will see in about 12 hrs Cheesy

There have been 100s of v2 harnesses used, and 100s of v1 harnesses used.

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:27:16 AM

I'm using an Corsair RM1000 and there aren't any leaks at all because I haven't needed to top anything off for a while.  If I could just get 1000GH/s out of my units which is why I bought them I'd be happy. And now my Dad's C1 one of his entire boards is dead. Reads no temp and has -------------- on ASIC status area. I'm starting to doubt the reliability of this hardware. Will there be any compensation for when shipping hardware all the way back to China if needed?

From my experience they send you the replacement first.  But, I did specifically say I need the replacement first.. downtime is unacceptable in my mind.  If you're in the US, make sure you work with the Colorado office.

M

EDIT: Also, they included return shipping labels for me, so it was no cost out of pocket for shipping.

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

why cant we buy the units at the co office at a reduced shipping rate? Huh
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 12:38:52 PM

why cant we buy the units at the co office at a reduced shipping rate? Huh

Because they don't magically transport to CO in the first place. If you send 2 or 20 via air, its still going to cost relatively the same. THEN you have to send within the US by air again, so both trips combined will likely cost more and take several days longer to get to customers.

hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:09:23 PM

I got the B2 C1 w/ cooling kit, now where does this connect to?

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
tbolt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:40:15 PM

That's a PCI-e connector.

Plug it in to the top of any available hashing board connector.

Syscooling changed the design - (you have the new one) so that you don't have to open the miner
and plug it into an unused fan header on one of the hashing boards.

Because it is only 12V Power, no PWM fan control
some people here are connecting it directly to the PSU
thus sparing your hashing boards if there ever is a problem (in theory)
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:44:49 PM

That's a PCI-e connector.

Plug it in to the top of any available hashing board connector.

Syscooling changed the design - (you have the new one) so that you don't have to open the miner
and plug it into an unused fan header on one of the hashing boards.

Because it is only 12V Power, no PWM fan control
some people here are connecting it directly to the PSU
thus sparing your hashing boards if there ever is a problem (in theory)

Yeah, connected directly to the PSU. Had to cut the notch to fit it in. Thanks.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:35:55 PM

Has anyone received their RMA parts from syscooling?  (They used EMS shipping on me)

I started talking to them on Nov 7th and its now Nov 22 still no replacement.   That is about half a month.  I had to buy adapter and pumps for each of my C1's to get up and running (In it around another 100 dollars).  

And in 3 weeks zero replacements.  I will never order syscooling again.   

Anyone else out there with huge problems with syscooling RMA?

And Bitmain is completely separate.  They are great.  I'm only referring to the company Syscooling.
ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:41:50 PM

Has anyone received their RMA parts from syscooling?  (They used EMS shipping on me)

I started talking to them on Nov 7th and its now Nov 22 still no replacement.   That is about half a month.  I had to buy adapter and pumps for each of my C1's to get up and running (In it around another 100 dollars).  

And in 3 weeks zero replacements.  I will never order syscooling again.   

Anyone else out there with huge problems with syscooling RMA?

And Bitmain is completely separate.  They are great.  I'm only referring to the company Syscooling.

Sorry to hear about his horror store..........  Cry

oddly enough the syscooling kit was delivered today but not the miner (yet)

i am being told by UPS that they are on two seperate trucks and the miner will be here before close today (? uh okie dokie ups....)

regardless if it is not im going to attempt to make a B-line for the shipping center since everyone wants to be lame and close early because of thanks giving.

I know my miners will not be closed though Cheesy
dsheaffer

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:53:31 AM

Today I received two batch two C1 miners with syscooling systems.  The original orders were placed on Nov 14 and 15.  Here is the good, the bad and the ugly.

Good...miners perform exactly as specified by BitMainTech...no surprise there...my first two C1's performed at spec as well.  The version 2 wiring harness from Syscooling is much improved in that it plugs into one of the extra PCI-e connectors on top of the miner.

Bad...I'm not sure if I have a bad fan or if one of the connections in the new syscooling set up is bad. In the version 2 set up I received two fans use one 3-pin connector and the third fan uses another 3-pin connector; the fan uses a 4 pin connector.  The version 2 harness connects to the miner via a PCI-e  connector and has three 3-pin connectors and one 4-pin connector. This leaves one of the 3 pin connectors on the harness "open" which may not be the best plan. In any case, one of the two fans connected to the same 3-pin connector is not spinning...again, not sure if it is the fan or the harness, but something clearly wasn't tested (again) by syscooling.

Ugly...it took numerous emails, photos and posts to get syscooling to offer to replace one of my first two pumps which is leaking/non-functional.  They said a day or two ago that they would "arrange shipping".  To date, they have not contacted me with any sort of tracking number or other confirmation that they have actually mailed a replacement pump. One 1TH/s miner has now been down for a week.  This coupled with the fact that I was also unlucky enough to receive one of the version 1 harnesses with a short which fried a fan header on one of my first C1s has left me with a very poor opinion of syscooling.com and I have to question BitMainTech's choice of partners. 
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 02:08:04 AM

Ugly...it took numerous emails, photos and posts to get syscooling to offer to replace one of my first two pumps which is leaking/non-functional.  They said a day or two ago that they would "arrange shipping".  To date, they have not contacted me with any sort of tracking number or other confirmation that they have actually mailed a replacement pump. One 1TH/s miner has now been down for a week.  This coupled with the fact that I was also unlucky enough to receive one of the version 1 harnesses with a short which fried a fan header on one of my first C1s has left me with a very poor opinion of syscooling.com and I have to question BitMainTech's choice of partners. 

You can use one pump for two  miners. My one set of C1 works from the  beginning only with one pump, two miners, two radiators. Another pump  was D.O.A.  There is no replacement sent for syscooling and I've been "too lazy" to leave them negative feedback..
I'm still waiting a bit.

dsheaffer

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 02:25:11 AM

@Tupsu....thanks for the advice. I actually already ordered a different brand pump that will be delivered on Friday.  So I'm going to wait and install that one and then if/when I ever get the promised syscooling replacement pump, I will keep it as a back up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: