Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 01:48:41 PM

So no one is going to comment on the several users having X's in their ASIC status area and having under powered units?

Several users being you, and one other person who fixed his. What exactly do you want people to do about it?

Chinesesavoir and Mindtrip both had X's in their ASIC status area. And when you have those X's your (guaranteed) hashing power drops. And after changing the voltage, which I've already done to 740, the X goes away but eventually comes back. Now with 2 X's for even less hashing power. What if I wanted to sell in the future and as the specifications indicate 10008GH/s and the unit can't even get to that, then I'm pretty much screwed. I'm just wondering how every is getting 1000TH/s with no problems and I have 6 of them struggling to keep above 950GH/s. I guess I'm just expecting more support and attention like I'm use to with other companies I have purchased from. 

Are you here as a mascot/cheerleader for Bitmaintech or really here for support purposes?

So here is an update I was only able to perform the volt mod on 1 unit as the other is in my office and I won't have access to physically power cycle it until monday but it appears over volting the one i have access to has eliminated the X issue after 12 hours of solid run time and I am now running over the guaranteed hash rate. I will test the other unit again in the next few days with the same voltage and see if this is a good fix for the issue. You have to remember from the factory these are overclocked from what and S3+ is running 225 vs 250 so there is a good chance they need slightly higher voltage to maintain that overclock for long run times. I have spent time reading through the spec sheet on the chips and I suspect a 10 to 20 step over volt will not do any harm to the chips long term and will help any users with random X errors. I hope this helps those members with the issue
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:47:09 PM

Got my C1.  Hooked it up.  All is well.

I'm surprised that it behaves like an S2, not an S3.

Including the poor results with p2pool. Sad  It shows as already on cgminer 4.6.1, and when I try to upgrade it to the current firmware, I get this:

Code:
runme.sh exe
Content-type: text/html

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript" />
<meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="/css/cascade.css" />
<!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="/css/ie6.css" /><![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 7]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="/css/ie7.css" /><![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 8]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="/css/ie8.css" /><![endif]-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/xhr.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/json2.min.js"></script>

(and more)

So far I'm not impressed. Sad

Fortunately it works fine with Eligius.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 04:53:30 PM

It shows as already on cgminer 4.6.1, and when I try to upgrade it to the current firmware, I get this:

What system version does it show its on at the moment? Should look like a date.

- Navigate to System -> Overview and look at "File System Version".

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:04:00 PM

It shows as already on cgminer 4.6.1, and when I try to upgrade it to the current firmware, I get this:

Wed Nov 26 10:27:37 CST 2014

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
ChineseSavior

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:20:40 PM

still not reply from bitmain

emailed them my order id like they asked this morning around 2-3am pst.

My c1 paperweight is so cool. It has a theoretical hashing of 1ths............except my unit is DOA...

What's the deal bitmain?

Losing 5$/day on this unit. I know it has not been long for them to respond so I will remain patient.

curious to see how these people sort this issue out.

This is the most beautiful paperweight i have ever seen.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 06:33:31 PM

Wed Nov 26 10:27:37 CST 2014

That's the newest one. I'll chase to have it uploaded onto the site.

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:34:09 PM

I can't help but wonder, the folks with the burnt out pumps, is the pump intake coming from the radiator (hence cool) or the C1 (hence warm/hot)?

M

SlimePuppy

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:34:18 PM

Received my C1 today - here's a quick summary.

- The B2 (with cooling kit) arrived with all required pieces, plus an extra hose fitting, extra O-ring, and two extra clamps.
- The fan/pump power harness was the 2nd gen version that connects directly to the PSU or PCI cable.  I checked it with an Ohm meter and visually - it's wired correctly and the connections appear to be well protected with heat-shrink tubing.
- There were a couple of small plastic 'spirals' from thread cutting inside the pump tank that were easily rinsed out.  There were also water droplets in the tank - signs of wet testing.

The miner, fans, pump, and EVGA 1000W PSU are whisper quiet.  The idling fan on an Asus AMD R9-290 reference card is at least twice as loud as this is.  I have a pair of S3+ and a Dell 750W server PSU in the kitchen with the C1 - it's very difficult to hear the C1.

It's running between .995 and 1.4 TH/s locally, and between .992 and 1.02 TH/s pool-side at stock speed/voltage with no Xs after 1 hour of running.

Also, Spiceminer's Ant Viewer picked up the C1 same as the S3s.

Bitmain and Syscooling - nice job!

Indeed! just dont come back here soon ok?

I'm sure you can find an age-appropriate place to troll, seriouscoin...
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 06:34:59 PM

My c1 paperweight is so cool. It has a theoretical hashing of 1ths............except my unit is DOA...

What's the deal bitmain?

Losing 5$/day on this unit. I know it has not been long for them to respond so I will remain patient.

You emailed at 7pm on a Saturday, and its now 1am on a Sunday. Don't be surprised if you don't receive an instant response during that time period.

SlimePuppy

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:38:28 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 06:50:25 PM by SlimePuppy

So no one is going to comment on the several users having X's in their ASIC status area and having under powered units?

Several users being you, and one other person who fixed his. What exactly do you want people to do about it?

Chinesesavoir and Mindtrip both had X's in their ASIC status area. And when you have those X's your (guaranteed) hashing power drops. And after changing the voltage, which I've already done to 740, the X goes away but eventually comes back. Now with 2 X's for even less hashing power. What if I wanted to sell in the future and as the specifications indicate 10008GH/s and the unit can't even get to that, then I'm pretty much screwed. I'm just wondering how every is getting 1000TH/s with no problems and I have 6 of them struggling to keep above 950GH/s. I guess I'm just expecting more support and attention like I'm use to with other companies I have purchased from.  

Are you here as a mascot/cheerleader for Bitmaintech or really here for support purposes?

Opentoe - Bitmain has a support system.  I'm in the US and have had a bad S3+ board swapped by their folks in Denver.  Their system worked perfectly.  This thread is not their warranty system, so posting here is not the most effective way to contact Bitmain support.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:18:08 PM

I can't help but wonder, the folks with the burnt out pumps, is the pump intake coming from the radiator (hence cool) or the C1 (hence warm/hot)?

M

I can verify my two were not temperature. It was cold ambient being used from winter winds.   

I wont go into my story again, as I'm sure your all bored of it.  But still over 3 weeks no RMA from syscooling.
pak13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:34:11 PM

Contact support directly. Dogie is a one line response cheerleader to attract people to his paid links.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 09:17:33 PM

Contact support directly. Dogie is a one line response cheerleader to attract people to his paid links.

The troll was half right, well that's an improvement.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:04:46 PM

What's the deal bitmain?
how is the unit setup, whats the power supply, what happens when you turn it on? Are you sure the PSU is even providing 850W+ on the correct 12V rail(s)?

Its unlikely to have a unit thats totally DOA - most problems are caused by 2-3 common issues.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:10:14 PM

sometimes there are just a few bad or low-preformance chips in every batch. if raising the voltage by 0.01-0.03V doesnt help then its probably not resolvable. even 2 bad chips are only a ~5% below spec, which is almost nothing. There no reason why you cant resell it at a fair price even if its 5% under spec (you might get 5% less for it of course).

not sure if you expect bitmain to spend a week RMA-ing your boards over a ~$25 issue unless its drastically outside the +/-5% spec

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:38:35 PM

2 boards on my unit are dead and the pump works fine. machine is fried wat a darn bummer...

praying bitmain blesses me but that other guy earlier is still waiting but i think his was a cooling issue...

mine is just simply toast :////

pleade bless me with some reliable s3's bitmain... please Sad and help me with shipping and a hefty coupon on my next batch of s3 orders sunday.

that sounds fair to me... equal exchange for s3's with reimbursed shipping in form of coupon for my sunday s3 order.

@dogie i understand they do not reply right away. i just pray they follow up well and this doesnt turn into a me nagging them and making me into the bad guy (even tho i have the worlds most beautiful paperweight)

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:06:32 AM

2 boards on my unit are dead and the pump works fine. machine is fried wat a darn bummer...

praying bitmain blesses me but that other guy earlier is still waiting but i think his was a cooling issue...

pleade bless me with some reliable s3's bitmain... please Sad and help me with shipping and a hefty coupon on my next batch of s3 orders sunday.

that sounds fair to me... equal exchange for s3's with reimbursed shipping in form of coupon for my sunday s3 order.

@dogie i understand they do not reply right away. i just pray they follow up well and this doesnt turn into a me nagging them and making me into the bad guy (even tho i have the worlds most beautiful paperweight)

open up the unit and check all the cables. two totally dead boards is strange, and seems like theres a common issue. Perhaps they are sharing a weak rail on the PSU or have loose cables. if you're tech-savvy at all, its very easy to open the case and spend 5 minutes with a multimeter to check for 12V and 0.7V presence on the bad boards, and if any status LEDs are lit

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:44:16 AM

I have a feeling i'm the other guy.   It is syscooling I'm waiting for.  Over 3 weeks and no RMA parts.   They are flat out horrible.

Bitmain is a different company.  Email them they have good support and have always treated me fair.   
potatorage

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:04:52 AM

One of my C1s is underperforming. It appears that a couple of the chips are dead but no Xs are showing.
Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency   Temp   ASIC status
oooooooo oooooooo
oooooo oooooooo o
oooooooo oooooooo
oooooo oooooooo o
ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 11:44:32 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 01:25:51 PM by ChineseSavior

I have a feeling i'm the other guy.   It is syscooling I'm waiting for.  Over 3 weeks and no RMA parts.   They are flat out horrible.

Bitmain is a different company.  Email them they have good support and have always treated me fair.  

yes you  are that other guy....

Sad sorry to hear about you luck with sys cooling..

@klondike So I will wait for bitmain to consult before I open this unit and void anything. Maybe you're right it is something small. I just find it odd I would've smelt that sweet candly like chip melting plastic small and also two boards be dead??

Regardless bitmain has been emailing me all night (on there off day) which is very nice of them and helps me sleep better.

They asked me for a graphic showing the miner status (which i do not have because its doa) and also to confirm the pump is okay.

Bitmain asked me "what I would like to do". I'm guessing they mean as in ideas for swap, compensation etc. This is what I replied...

me: "I feel like it would be fair to swap for 3x s3 units. I know 3x s3's is 1.2 th/s which is 0.2 more then the c1. This 0.2 extra would make up for the $5/day im losing in downtime on my c1. Also a shipping coupon good toward new purchase of bitmain product would be nice to compensate me for shipping the doa c1"

Seems like a very very fair proposition to me.

So far bitmain has been staying in contact well it seems.

oh yea btw i am running rm1k psu which is 1050 on the rails

fk this is stressful. I know bitmain will come through. They have too. There kindness can't just be some long con ploy can it?

my mind is racing? gotta play sc2 and fire up some purple I guess. Jesus blessings to all

**edit** bitmain got back to me. Said they would RMA any dead blades. Not even sure this is the problem and I do not build miners and I also do not want to void my warranty. I really wish they would just swap this thing out like I was trying to get them to do before the thing even left the factory....

I want reliable rigs not something that I lose sleep over :/

sweet potato jesus what I have gotten myself into :p

please swap bitmain! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: