Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:26:45 PM

you paid too much! for 2 s3+ i wouldn’t pay even 200pounds!
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zOU

Activity: 728

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 06:31:20 PM

Well, they were the cheapest I could find in Europe on reliable sites.

I'd be happy to expand my mining Base if you have tips to share (in PM) Smiley

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:09:30 PM

well the screenshot show freq@150...

His screenshot show 150 freq but he stated:

"I then flashed the most recent firmware from Bitmain and started mining at 250Mhz/ 0.760. "

The 150 freq came about due to FRIED boards after running his C1 at 250Mhz/0.760.

Most home miners have no concept about how electronics work. Just because some Chinese salesman said you can run your miners at 250Mhz/0.760 does NOT mean you should do it. If you did a minimum amount of research yourself, you'd have found out not only BMT's shoddy record in QA/QC but also their cruddy after service record. BMT ASIC's come in WIDE range of characterisitics, they're not like Intel or Samsung or other reputable chip makers. BMT's philosophy is to mass produce chips and no waste, not even substandard chips. ALL produced chips make it to their miners, nothing gets tossed aside. It means, your miners may contain at least some substandard ASIC's, guaranteed in almost all cases. Of course, when they test, they will pick out the most promising miners and produce optimum hashrate and wattage. Most people are stupid, they know it, we know it and you know it's true.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 08:45:09 PM

question this is the hard part for me what radiator should i use with this pump and tank which I have now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056LRJD4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

http://www.amazon.com/Swiftech-MCP50X-Extreme-pressure-centrifugal/dp/B00OWKVYR2/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0X2JT8N375VZK6318DJ0

I did a lot reading and watched lot of videos etc on which one is best and even read this thread a lot . I'm being lazy now for the last part the radiator.

if anyone would be kind enough to link a few good radiators that would be great. or will the one that came with the C1 be ok , i plan to upgrade the miner to bitfury chips if that happens and  we can get boards that fit .

I know we don't know yet how hot or what cooling we need i can use that else were like on my PC for fun if i have to . the pump and tank had very good reviews all most any place i looked.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:04:06 AM

question this is the hard part for me what radiator should i use with this pump and tank which I have now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056LRJD4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

http://www.amazon.com/Swiftech-MCP50X-Extreme-pressure-centrifugal/dp/B00OWKVYR2/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0X2JT8N375VZK6318DJ0

I did a lot reading and watched lot of videos etc on which one is best and even read this thread a lot . I'm being lazy now for the last part the radiator.

if anyone would be kind enough to link a few good radiators that would be great. or will the one that came with the C1 be ok , i plan to upgrade the miner to bitfury chips if that happens and  we can get boards that fit .

I know we don't know yet how hot or what cooling we need i can use that else were like on my PC for fun if i have to . the pump and tank had very good reviews all most any place i looked.

Most used the radiator from syscooling, it was ok. Their pumps and harness was utter crap (harness depends on version though).  But there should be a lot of radiators from syscooling kits from dead C1's.

I would try to find a dead C1 owner and buy the radiator.  I know when one of my C1's died I parted it out.  I figure others chances are do the same.
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:23:32 AM

Got 2rads in the house. but i got an c2 also....
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:20:29 AM

I think my pump is starting to die. Seems the temps at are 55C and fan is running at 3200, don't remember it ever being this loud before. Ambient is 30C.

Anyone know where to get a replacement? Nothing too expensive as this is an old miner already. What is the L/min flow of the stock pump?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:17:58 AM

I think my pump is starting to die. Seems the temps at are 55C and fan is running at 3200, don't remember it ever being this loud before. Ambient is 30C.

Anyone know where to get a replacement? Nothing too expensive as this is an old miner already. What is the L/min flow of the stock pump?

Been a long time since I bought them but I used 2x http://www.ebay.com/itm/381066536924?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT long ago.  They were faster then syscooling pumps and lasted great sold them with the C1's a bit back.

Someone might have a cheaper solution.  Those work great though when my syscooling pumps died what I went to.
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:50:39 PM

Someone might have a cheaper solution.  Those work great though when my syscooling pumps died what I went to.

I went completely ghetto, 13$ submersible pump from amazon and a disposable piece of Tupperware as the reservoir and hot glue to hold the tubes in place.  The flow rate is a little lower but that translated to be like 2c higher and completely insignificant.

http://www.amazon.com/ZKSJ-Brushless-Submersible-Water-cooling/dp/B00KL1JWZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460069620&sr=8-1&keywords=ZKSJ+3.6L%2Fmin+Mini+DC+Brushless+Submersible+Water+Pump+Ideal+for+CPU+cooling
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:01:44 AM

What about this one? It says 500L/hr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10W-DC-12V-Water-Cooling-DC-Pump-Tank-80ML-F-CPU-CO2-Laser-Water-Cooled-500L-H-1-/231105744082

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:14:23 AM

The only thing about this is it appear there is a small reservoir of coolant.   I personally like having a decent amount of reservoir space granted I'm sure I'm on the overkill side of it.

Same thing with amazon submersible pump except it had no reservoir.   So seems like if any coolant evaporation or something you would have a little air which you really do not want.   
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:40:46 PM

Looks like it wasn't the pump. I kept cleaning the fan+heatsink but it never occured to me to clean the radiator. Can't believe how much dust was stuck in there.

Running at 43C now with 30C ambient.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:56:21 AM

I have a failed C1 BB board but I do have another BB board that looks the same. Well it has more staff on it but it looks the same. Problem is that even if I hold boot button it will not boot. It start doing something(leads are blinking) but not even on a C1 control board webpage will not come on and device is not on network according to router. It slows down the fans and some lights blink on a control board... I have reimage the SD card with instructions for S miners(there is no instructions for C1)... Didn't work. Any idea. I can't get any response from Bitmain... Contact them over email, skype, there support page...

Can anyone make an image so I can test if the original card is also defective and S miners are not compatible with C miners...
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:42:03 AM

I have a failed C1 BB board but I do have another BB board that looks the same. Well it has more staff on it but it looks the same. Problem is that even if I hold boot button it will not boot. It start doing something(leads are blinking) but not even on a C1 control board webpage will not come on and device is not on network according to router. It slows down the fans and some lights blink on a control board... I have reimage the SD card with instructions for S miners(there is no instructions for C1)... Didn't work. Any idea. I can't get any response from Bitmain... Contact them over email, skype, there support page...

Can anyone make an image so I can test if the original card is also defective and S miners are not compatible with C miners...

if you have a s5 the s5 bb should plug into the C1 or did on my C1 im using a S5 bb on my C1 .

bitmain support page should have all the images you need

c1 https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201411010800377086GeMjqt606A6

full list https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm

Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:46:16 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2016, 07:34:16 AM by Lucko

if you have a s5 the s5 bb should plug into the C1 or did on my C1 im using a S5 bb on my C1 .

bitmain support page should have all the images you need

c1 https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201411010800377086GeMjqt606A6

full list https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm
Well I don't have a S5 BB. Well I do have S5 too but it is working... And to kill it to fix C1 is not optimal. I have normal BB. I did download what you linked me. And reimage SD card with this

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201604120945219855QObfk20066C

before copying stuff on it... And it looks like something is happening if I hold boot button when I turn it on. It will just not load correctly. So I think there is a step I'm missing... There is nothing on video output so I can't say what is going on. But since C1 BB doesn't have a hdmi I don't think this means anything...

EDIT: C1 is not DHCP right? I think this is a problem I have... It is 192.168.1.99 right?

EDIT2: Stupid me... That was a problem. I forgot that C1 is static IP...
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 12:38:06 AM

it works now ?

other thing you can do is take off the bb put the s5 bb on the c1 to see if there might be a issue with the c1 but if you got it great .!!!!

the c1 is still a pretty cool miner to mess around with and mine with, when i bought mine I got a really nice deal on it, they sell now for close to 400 bucks or more if you can even find one on sell.

i paid 150 i think or a little more.

greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:17:10 PM

Hi all, I just bought an C1 in an auction for £50  (I was told it was an S5  Cry )

I have 2 PSUs i can use.  One is 750w, the other is 500w

I also have some questions.

Can i use the 750w for 3 hashing boards and 500w for the last one?

Can i power up with only 2 hashing board? 

This unit is an unknown so it may have faults, it would be good to get it working with one board so i know the controller is ok, I could then add boards in turn.  Also, i don't know if i can afford to run 1kw/h 25/7  Tongue

Can these be under clocked by parting out resistors and changing settings with putty?  I would like the most efficient settings not the highest hash-power please.

I was going to test it on the sink drainer, with a hose from the cold tap connected to water in and the outlet running down the plughole waste.  It would be good to make sure each heat exchanger does not leak before i power up too.

I may keep this one if it works? If i keep it i will need to buy a pump and find a rad from somewhere, maybe a motorbike.  More expense.
Or maybe i can sell the controller and the boards that work. The fan will be useful. i have an underclocked S1 that has a fan blade missing and vibrates and moves around loads.

I have looked through this tread and am still reading...but it is nearly 100 pages long.
Any pointers from anyone?Huh anyone?Huh

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 08:09:07 PM

Hi all, I just bought an C1 in an auction for £50  (I was told it was an S5  Cry )

I have 2 PSUs i can use.  One is 750w, the other is 500w

I also have some questions.

Can i use the 750w for 3 hashing boards and 500w for the last one?

Can i power up with only 2 hashing board? 

This unit is an unknown so it may have faults, it would be good to get it working with one board so i know the controller is ok, I could then add boards in turn.  Also, i don't know if i can afford to run 1kw/h 25/7  Tongue

Can these be under clocked by parting out resistors and changing settings with putty?  I would like the most efficient settings not the highest hash-power please.

I was going to test it on the sink drainer, with a hose from the cold tap connected to water in and the outlet running down the plughole waste.  It would be good to make sure each heat exchanger does not leak before i power up too.

I may keep this one if it works? If i keep it i will need to buy a pump and find a rad from somewhere, maybe a motorbike.  More expense.
Or maybe i can sell the controller and the boards that work. The fan will be useful. i have an underclocked S1 that has a fan blade missing and vibrates and moves around loads.

I have looked through this tread and am still reading...but it is nearly 100 pages long.
Any pointers from anyone?Huh anyone?Huh

The problem with multiple PSU's is you cannot share them on one blade.   You likely are talking over 800 watts for it.   So around 200+ for each blade.  So you could use the 750 on 3 blades and use the 500 on 1 blade and gives you some room. 

If you did not get the pump, radiator, tubing, fittings, etc.  I'm not sure I would recommend spending to money to buy it all unless you find a deal on it.   Have you priced getting all the accessories to run it?   I'm guessing it might be more then a C1 is worth as far as putting money into.  Espically not knowing if all blades are working.

Can I ask how did you buy it thinking it was a S5? Did auction say C1 in it or label it as S5?  Unsure from your first sentence.
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 09:37:17 PM

It was listed on ebay as an S5 for £5 buy it now, but £45 postage.
When it arrived it was a C1, I messaged the seller but no response.

I am not going to buy anything for it, but i can use old stuff and make good.  My other half has just given me a pump that we used way back in the day as part of hydro growing equipment, it was for irrigating "plants" growing in a bath of rock-wool.  I got an ally rad from a out of a old commercial refrigeration pack too.  Will soon rig some 12v fans.

I was going to power it up using just 2 hashing boards from a 750w PSU via 4 off 6pin power cables and then try under clocking it to 200Mhz @ 0.720v = 325w for 2 hashing boards instead of 500w for 2 hashing boards at stock settings.
Do i need to unplug the ribbon cables from between the control board and the hashing boards that are not in use?

Once it is under-clocked i will reboot with all 4 hashing boards connected but just one 6pin power cable per hashing board.  Total ~650w 
So just one PSU 750w

Can i access the voltage and frequency from the static address page in the GUI or will i need to use puTTy?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:20:34 PM

It was listed on ebay as an S5 for £5 buy it now, but £45 postage.
When it arrived it was a C1, I messaged the seller but no response.

I am not going to buy anything for it, but i can use old stuff and make good.  My other half has just given me a pump that we used way back in the day as part of hydro growing equipment, it was for irrigating "plants" growing in a bath of rock-wool.  I got an ally rad from a out of a old commercial refrigeration pack too.  Will soon rig some 12v fans.

I was going to power it up using just 2 hashing boards from a 750w PSU via 4 off 6pin power cables and then try under clocking it to 200Mhz @ 0.720v = 325w for 2 hashing boards instead of 500w for 2 hashing boards at stock settings.
Do i need to unplug the ribbon cables from between the control board and the hashing boards that are not in use?

Once it is under-clocked i will reboot with all 4 hashing boards connected but just one 6pin power cable per hashing board.  Total ~650w  
So just one PSU 750w

Can i access the voltage and frequency from the static address page in the GUI or will i need to use puTTy?

It's hard to tell from description on what radiator actually does in terms of cooling.   It likely is highest costing accessory.  I honestly would contact paypal... and return it as a S5 is much better and no need of all water cooling gear.  I honestly don't think the C1 is worth the work your going to have to do and parts you need to buy.  Unless you happened to have all parts on hand.

But if your going to keep it yes you could do your plan on PSU, it should work (the 500 could be a little harder depending on what type of psu if cheap bronze, but likely will still work).  Why are you wanting to make hashing boards not in use?  I guess I'm missing that.  It's been a LONG time since I used C1 but I believe freq and voltage should be under GUI and very easily to change.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: