Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:19:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VRC] | VeriCoin | POS-NSDI | VeriBit | VeriSend | VeriSMS | SuperNET Core  (Read 38457 times)
TruthbTold

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:38:37 PM

oh well it was a good conversation I think, cant remember lol. Not really seeing how this wallet will increase value of the coin. I have seen many times a wallet come out and the price go down when everyone thinks it will go up

It simply won't. Nothing that the current stooges dev team can come up will ever increase the value of this project that, as it is, remains grossly overvalued only on the expectation current bagholders have they will be able to sell when the SupertNET comes to fruition... even though that has long been discounted in the price, which slowly will return to under 3000 and below now.

I agree, its not the devs but the getting burned by the stove theory. Once a cat gets burned by the stove he never what to deal with the stove or go near it again. I feel many investors who have been burned and many who have watched others get burned have a fear of VRC. Not to mention All the past issues with devs trading and moolah/reversal. I swing trade so it just kind of like player poker just a bit slower

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:02:58 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 01:31:55 PM by altcoinUK

Useless recent wallet release. The positive is that VRC still operates and the developers are around. Who knows, one day the arrogant VRC developers will be start listening and moving to the right direction.

It will be interesting to see how the VRC developers will react to the inevitable regulatory pressure in the next few months. Many influential figures including Bill Gates pointed out recently that the lack of regulation is an issue (we are discussing it at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934239.0 ) and there is perhaps a chance for the VRC devs to excel in that area. Actually that is what Barabbas has been banging on for long without being listened by the devs.
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

It will be interesting to see how the VRC developers will react to the inevitable regulatory pressure in the next few months.

You can't regulate what is self-regulated, and has no real way of being regulated (good example is what RIAA tried to do with bittorrent & torrenting copyrighted material, and everyone still shares/torrents files!)

Crypto currencies stand on their own,  people see that and that is what is giving them value.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:59:24 PM

It will be interesting to see how the VRC developers will react to the inevitable regulatory pressure in the next few months.

You can't regulate what is self-regulated, and has no real way of being regulated (good example is what RIAA tried to do with bittorrent & torrenting copyrighted material, and everyone still shares/torrents files!)

Crypto currencies stand on their own,  people see that and that is what is giving them value.

I fully subscribe on theory level to the idealistic sentiment of decentralized digital currency concept and to a financial system that is free from the corrupted banking system, but the reality is that we live in a society that is governed by law and regulations. Therefore, law enforcement (by definition) will hunt down all digital currency operations that allows tax avoidance, illegal trade or money laundering. Regardless what you and I think about the moral of such law enforcement actions this is happening.

On the technicality aspect of the regulation, you are wrong and of course decentralized, blockchain based digital currencies can be regulated and will be regulated. Even Bitcoin can be regulated by introducing third party regulated parties in the trading structure. That's what is happening in the form of Paypal and Microsoft involvement when the regulated entities associate users' identity with Bitcoin addresses therefore the trade is traceable and could comply with regulations, i.e Paypal and Microsoft implement an indirect regulatory compliance.
I realize the design and transaction structure of BTC and BTC/LTC based alt currencies (like this VRC shit) doesn't allow direct regulatory compliance, however the aforementioned regulated third party entities could satisfies the regulatory requirements. Of course this defies the very basic purpose of Satoshi's decentralized currency concept, but I assume he didn't assume such regulatory pressure or he thought the community will be wise enough to deal with it if the change will be required (which seems too much to ask from the BTC foundation as the politics overtakes rational thinking and the necessary changes cannot be integrated into the design).

Summa summarum, the compliance with incoming regulations is inevitable and VRC will have to deal with it as well, either by introducing trusted third parties in the structure or redesigning the transaction handling to let law enforcement do whatever they have to do.

rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:04:48 PM

Crypto currencies stand on their own,  people see that and that is what is giving them value.

I fully subscribe on theory level to the idealistic sentiment of decentralized digital currency concept and to a financial system that is free from the corrupted banking system, but the reality is that we live in a society that is governed by law and regulations. Therefore, law enforcement (by definition) will hunt down all digital currency operations that allows tax avoidance, illegal trade or money laundering. Regardless what you and I think about the moral of such law enforcement actions this is happening.

On the technicality aspect of the regulation, you are wrong and of course decentralized, blockchain based digital currencies can be regulated and will be regulated. Even Bitcoin can be regulated by introducing third party regulated parties in the trading structure. That's what happening in the form of Paypal and Microsoft involvement when the regulated entities associate users' identity with Bitcoin addresses therefore the trade is traceable and could comply with regulations, i.e Paypal and Microsoft implement an indirect regulatory compliance. I
I realize the design and transaction structure of BTC and BTC/LTC based alt currencies (like this VRC shit) doesn't allow direct regulatory compliance, however the aforementioned regulated third party entities could satisfies the regulatory requirements. Of course this defies the very basic purpose of Satoshi's decentralized currency concept, but I assume he didn't assume such regulatory pressure or thought the community will be wise enough to deal with it if the change will be required (which seems too much to ask from the BTC foundation as the politics overtakes rational thinking and the necessary changes cannot be integrated into the design).

Summa summarum, the compliance with incoming regulations is inevitable and VRC will have to deal with it as well either by introducing trusted third parties in the structure or redesigning the transaction handling to let law enforcement do whatever they have to do.

Nope.
Crypto currencies are open source,  while some may choose to follow rules and regulations there are many others that won't and will never.

It doesn't need rules and regulations to operate and due to the open source nature,  it can always be forked (rules circumvented).

Therefore your theory that it HAS to be regulated doesn't hold.  The market and crypto (as a whole) decides what it wants.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:34:29 PM

On the technicality aspect of the regulation, you are wrong and of course decentralized, blockchain based digital currencies can be regulated and will be regulated. Even Bitcoin can be regulated by introducing third party regulated parties in the trading structure. That's what happening in the form of Paypal and Microsoft involvement when the regulated entities associate users' identity with Bitcoin addresses therefore the trade is traceable and could comply with regulations, i.e Paypal and Microsoft implement an indirect regulatory compliance. I
I realize the design and transaction structure of BTC and BTC/LTC based alt currencies (like this VRC shit) doesn't allow direct regulatory compliance, however the aforementioned regulated third party entities could satisfies the regulatory requirements. Of course this defies the very basic purpose of Satoshi's decentralized currency concept, but I assume he didn't assume such regulatory pressure or thought the community will be wise enough to deal with it if the change will be required (which seems too much to ask from the BTC foundation as the politics overtakes rational thinking and the necessary changes cannot be integrated into the design).

Summa summarum, the compliance with incoming regulations is inevitable and VRC will have to deal with it as well either by introducing trusted third parties in the structure or redesigning the transaction handling to let law enforcement do whatever they have to do.

Nope.
Crypto currencies are open source,  while some may choose to follow rules and regulations there are many others that won't and will never.

It doesn't need rules and regulations to operate and due to the open source nature,  it can always be forked (rules circumvented).

Therefore your theory that it HAS to be regulated doesn't hold.  The market and crypto (as a whole) decides what it wants.

By design, the AK47 machine gun can operate without regulation too ... even (as the design files are in the public domain and not copyrighted) it can be reproduced ... still the government heavily regulate its usage. This analogy just try to explain to you that regulations are implemented and enforced by the governments regarding to all activities that pose risks and potentially assist in criminal businesses.

That regulation is inevitable is not my "theory" - I am just stating what the government does.

As for the open source aspect, you are mentioning a completely irrelevant point by pointing out the open source manner of code distribution. It's irrelevant from regulation viewpoint whether the source is open or closed, the important is that digital currency systems are suitable instruments to support criminal activities like tax avoidance, illegal trade or money laundering, and therefore the government will naturally enforce regulations.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:39:46 PM

And everything is back to normal. The wallet release had no permanent effect on the price which is back at the low 4k range.

In the meantime the cheerleaders/devs registered a few shill accounts to open a new VRC thread where they try to talk up the price with the usual baseless hype making nonsense that VRC is the future of digital currencies.
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:10:04 PM

barabbras and altcoin uk go get a job you pair of usless little bitches.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:56:48 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 08:26:09 PM by altcoinUK

barabbras and altcoin uk go get a job you pair of usless little bitches.

The VRC developers are useless and totally incompetent. It took six months to release a completely irrelevant zero innovation wallet. It seems the market agrees with this assessment and VRC remains one of the worst performing coin terms of price.

I hope it helps you to understand what's happening. All the best!

TruthbTold

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:52:13 AM

barabbras and altcoin uk go get a job you pair of useless little bitches.

Sounds like someone felt the veriburn !!!  As far as regulation you are both rite. There always be that underground market just like for guns that cannot be controlled, and then there will be an avenue to buy, sell coin on the legal side so if you profit you can feel the wrath of tax lol. Yea I called it, happy I didnt jump in that fire, I was saying the wallet will have little effect. With most of these coinc a new wallet rarely raises the price, you guys notice that ? They really need to innovate, do something other coin are not doing. Get meeting and groups together to introduce it to the world, sing kumbaya and all that happy horse shit. What happened to the leader program weren't they supposed to introduce it that way from one of the videos back in the day ?
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:25:35 AM

There always be that underground market just like for guns that cannot be controlled, and then there will be an avenue to buy, sell coin on the legal side so if you profit you can feel the wrath of tax lol.

Thank you..  my point was there are always going to be crypto currencies that WON'T BE REGULATED, nor will they have A NEED TO BE REGULATED.

And I feel those will become more popular,  possibly doing away with the regulated ones through market dominance.

Just my opinions!

Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:01:41 PM

On the technicality aspect of the regulation, you are wrong and of course decentralized, blockchain based digital currencies can be regulated and will be regulated. Even Bitcoin can be regulated by introducing third party regulated parties in the trading structure. That's what is happening in the form of Paypal and Microsoft involvement when the regulated entities associate users' identity with Bitcoin addresses therefore the trade is traceable and could comply with regulations, i.e Paypal and Microsoft implement an indirect regulatory compliance.
I realize the design and transaction structure of BTC and BTC/LTC based alt currencies (like this VRC shit) doesn't allow direct regulatory compliance, however the aforementioned regulated third party entities could satisfies the regulatory requirements. Of course this defies the very basic purpose of Satoshi's decentralized currency concept, but I assume he didn't assume such regulatory pressure or he thought the community will be wise enough to deal with it if the change will be required (which seems too much to ask from the BTC foundation as the politics overtakes rational thinking and the necessary changes cannot be integrated into the design).

Summa summarum, the compliance with incoming regulations is inevitable and VRC will have to deal with it as well, either by introducing trusted third parties in the structure or redesigning the transaction handling to let law enforcement do whatever they have to do.

Ah I do hate quoting idiotic posts but here's another one.  You sure do like the phrase "Like this VRC Shit" but yet you were a proud supporter just a few months ago. 

altcoinUK @altcoinUK 
  ·   Jul 12   
#VeriCoin is a long term investment, no brainier really to buy in at 30K-50K even scammers play with it #VRC will be fine.

altcoinUK @altcoinUK 
  ·   Jul 10   
Great material from Douglas Pike #VeriCoin dev at http://bit.ly/TVXQCb . A team with vision and the skills to deliver.

altcoinUK @altcoinUK 
  ·   Jul 10   
Feel very lucky that could buy #VeriCoin at low price. All in the wallet. No day trade with this prestigious coin, will be 70K soon.

altcoinUK @altcoinUK 
  ·   Jul 10   
#VeriCoin at 31K is my best buy since  #bitcoin in 2013 Feb at $20. The #VRC dev team will deliver the same return that we had with #btc.

Should I continue you stupid moron?  Anyone actively involved with VRC, not including you runs circles around you in day to day life.  You have no idea what's involved in what is being done, all you see are numbers.  You sit there and cry about how the price isn't what you want it to be.  I'm sorry you were the idiot who invested poorly.  We can't help that.  So go on and on about whatever pathetic insults you can come up with.  I'll just sit back and wait.  Patience is a virtue they say and I have lots of it.  I do still enjoy the regular entertainment though, been missing Barrabas lately.  Until we see results whether they be good or bad, all we can do is speculate and as I've said before you do that very well.  Cheers.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:26:19 AM

barabbras and altcoin uk go get a job you pair of useless little bitches.

Sounds like someone felt the veriburn !!!  As far as regulation you are both rite. There always be that underground market just like for guns that cannot be controlled, and then there will be an avenue to buy, sell coin on the legal side so if you profit you can feel the wrath of tax lol. Yea I called it, happy I didnt jump in that fire, I was saying the wallet will have little effect. With most of these coinc a new wallet rarely raises the price, you guys notice that ? They really need to innovate, do something other coin are not doing. Get meeting and groups together to introduce it to the world, sing kumbaya and all that happy horse shit. What happened to the leader program weren't they supposed to introduce it that way from one of the videos back in the day ?

Absolutely. Innovation would be the key to success and I have been suggesting several innovative features for the devs since August. They couldn't even complete a white paper since. The corrupt VRC devs (you remember Nosker 250k action during the hack and that the lead developer EffectsToCause wanted to con a naive user on IRC) without skills and work ethic - the ingredients to failure, no wonder this shit is a complete failure.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:54:21 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 11:18:22 AM by altcoinUK

@Isokoira

Good. Thanks for demonstrating the intellect of devoted VRC cheerleaders in this thread (while we bagholders have been wondering about solutions). No wonder the volume on Bittrex is a whopping 0.7 BTC and the price is 3.8k - with corrupted developer impostors like the three VRC Stooges and devoted cheerleaders like yourself the failure is guaranteed ... and you boys certainly never disappoint in delivering the failure.
Isokoira

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:16:10 PM

@Isokoira

Good. Thanks for demonstrating the intellect of devoted VRC cheerleaders in this thread (while we bagholders have been wondering about solutions). No wonder the volume on Bittrex is a whopping 0.7 BTC and the price is 3.8k - with corrupted developer impostors like the three VRC Stooges and devoted cheerleaders like yourself the failure is guaranteed ... and you boys certainly never disappoint in delivering the failure.

There you go again about being concerned with the price and calling people names.  How pathetic.  Boohoo.  And the failure is your own there buddy, keep crying about it till someone maybe cares enough to listen.  Nobody is listening to you.  This thread is your pathetic attempt at throwing out insults and trying to keep a thriving community down but I have to let you in on something.  It's not working. 

Not a cheerleader, not even a big bagholder (modest one at that)

Cheers buddy.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:26:12 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 09:50:57 AM by altcoinUK

@Isokoira

There you go again about being concerned with the price and calling people names.  How pathetic.  Boohoo.  And the failure is your own there buddy, keep crying about it till someone maybe cares enough to listen.  Nobody is listening to you.  This thread is your pathetic attempt at throwing out insults and trying to keep a thriving community down but I have to let you in on something.  It's not working.  

Cheers buddy.

Boy, now you are taking the trolling and shilling to an extreme level :-))) which is technically could be all right in this moderated thread, but you shouldn't lie such obvious nonsense that the "thriving community".

The community is the few people who write to this thread and wondering about what's happening with the price and development - there's nothing more left from the VRC community. The "thriving community" community of the official thread what you were referring to is nothing more than the corrupt devs (you remember PNosker 250,000 action and Effects con attempt), Jay Jay the pathetic community manager who try to scam people into the coin by talking about a non existent development progress and a few shill/puppet accounts that has been deployed to talk the price up. How can be the 2-3 puppet/shill accounts that write to the official thread a "thriving community"?

Anyway, it seems James (jl777) obviously not going to take this coin anywhere up, which is very much that I expected from the moment of his theatrical entering into the VRC community.
Isokoira

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:41:19 PM

@Isokoira

There you go again about being concerned with the price and calling people names.  How pathetic.  Boohoo.  And the failure is your own there buddy, keep crying about it till someone maybe cares enough to listen.  Nobody is listening to you.  This thread is your pathetic attempt at throwing out insults and trying to keep a thriving community down but I have to let you in on something.  It's not working. 

Cheers buddy.

Boy, now you are taking the trolling and shilling to an extreme level :-))) which is technically could be all right in this moderated thread, but you shouldn't lie such obvious nonsense that the "thriving community".

The community is the few people who write to this thread and wondering about what's happening with the price and development - there's nothing more left from the VRC community. The "thriving community" community of the official thread what you were referring to is nothing more than the corrupt devs (you remember PNosker 250,000 action and Effects con attempt), Jay Jay the pathetic community manager who try to scam people into the coin by talking about a non existent development progress and a few shill/puppet accounts that has been deployed to talk the price up. How can be the 2-3 puppet/shill accounts that write to the official thread a "thriving community"?

Anyway, it seems James (jl777) obviously not going to take this coin anywhere up, which is very much that I expected from the moment of his theatrical entering into the VRC community.

Wow, you really must not have a life.  My head hurts from trying to read your horrible grammar.   Nobody is listening to you.  I'm out.  Carry on with your pathetic attempt in whatever you think you are doing.  LOL. 
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:09:52 PM

I'm out. 

Yes, that make sense. You have added absolutely nothing to the discussion, your contribution to the VRC process so far is zero and therefore I agree that you should leave.

Btw, good price movement, but I doubt it will get to 10k.
Isokoira

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:30:21 PM

Peace worthless shit, keep rambling on to yourself.   Better hurry up and sell.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:18:41 AM

Any news, anyone heard anything lately about VRC or James' work with VRC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: