Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanity Pool - vanity address generator pool  (Read 147183 times)
huanix

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:23:54 PM

Fall is approaching in my neck of the woods. I was looking for a way to get my GPU heaters working and I'm tired of altcoins. I'm going to play here for awhile. Hey ThePicachu, do you care to share some current traffic stats for the page? It seems to have died down significantly. I'm guessing interest died down when firstbits were shoved aside?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:40:28 PM

now it is impossible to get any of the keys availables unless you have a really big farm
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:26:12 PM

now it is impossible to get any of the keys availables unless you have a really big farm
Just wait for the next 'easy' address to pop up - like 1thanxio, which did get solved eventually.  You can even automate this.  Might be nice to get some of the multipool software to include vanitypool(s) as well.. I don't think any of them do at the moment.

Hey ThePicachu, do you care to share some current traffic stats for the page? It seems to have died down significantly. I'm guessing interest died down when firstbits were shoved aside?
I'm not him, but... yes - FirstBits was probably the 'gold rush' for vanity addresses; being the owner of the 1abc / 1sex / 1www, etc. FirstBits - which has a guaranteed unique pointer to a single address (as opposed to multiple addresses with 'regular' vanities) - was at one point deemed important, to an extent.

However, it later fell out of favor (some sites don't even support FirstBits lookups anymore) due to concerns over address re-use.. and what good is a FirstBits address if you can only use it once (or suffer the wrath of address reuse issues)?
That, plus the non-uniqueness of regular vanities, has caused a decline in interest.

That said, there's no reason there couldn't be a revival, especially if mining them ends up more lucrative than mining the so-manieth altcoin.  Bit of a catch-22, though.. without people wanting vanity addresses, there's nothing to 'mine' - and if there's so few 'miners', then those wanting vanity addresses are deterred by how long it takes to get one (because the pools don't work with a shares type of system, there's no way for them to even give a user an estimate of how long it will take on average).

Fuish

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:54:17 AM

Is there a vanity pool for any of the other coins? I think a Lite or Doge vanity pool would do pretty well too, unless those addresses can also be sent to this vanity pool.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 11:25:06 AM

Is there a vanity pool for any of the other coins? I think a Lite or Doge vanity pool would do pretty well too, unless those addresses can also be sent to this vanity pool.

Now, I don't think there is other vanity pool. You might want to post in their forum for better support. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:37:46 AM

Now, I don't think there is other vanity pool.
Correct - all the other ones appear to be singular services, rather than distributed efforts.

However, Fuish should be able to use VanityPool - There's a field labeled "Network prefix byte (0 for MainNet):".  He just has to look up the  network prefix byte for the coin of choice (DogeCOin: 30, Litecoin: 48), enter that, and make sure that the prefix conforms to any further peculiarities of the coin in question.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:43:22 PM

Now, I don't think there is other vanity pool.
Correct - all the other ones appear to be singular services, rather than distributed efforts.

However, Fuish should be able to use VanityPool - There's a field labeled "Network prefix byte (0 for MainNet):".  He just has to look up the  network prefix byte for the coin of choice (DogeCOin: 30, Litecoin: 48), enter that, and make sure that the prefix conforms to any further peculiarities of the coin in question.

Sorry, I didn't know that! Thanks! Smiley
@Fuish: If you want to know network prefix byte of any other coin, look github repo, you will find it there. But the easiest way is, http://btpp.jampa.eu/get_coin_version/?address=coinaddress - replace coinaddress with address of the cryptocurrency, for example, http://btpp.jampa.eu/get_coin_version/?address=LcUP7ZU3Xpk1BUR3qut3dTjC3aK5JoZMYx (litecoin address) and copy, paste and go.

~~MZ~~

Fuish

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:18:51 PM

Wow, thank you both to TheRealSteve and MZ! I didn't know you could submit other coins to vanity pool because I have never seen any other coin addresses up there. One still has to pay in BTC for a found address though, right?
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:30:15 PM

Wow, thank you both to TheRealSteve and MZ! I didn't know you could submit other coins to vanity pool because I have never seen any other coin addresses up there. One still has to pay in BTC for a found address though, right?
You still have to pay up front in BTC, yes.  It would be nice if the service included direct support for the more popular altcoins (say, some radiobuttons or a drop-down), which might make it more popular for them.  On the other hand, it's not hugely popular for Bitcoin as it is, so I'm not sure how much that would that would really effect Smiley

sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:01:38 PM

I believe it would be better if the system was changed to actually pay everybody for their work. Shares etc, no idea how this would work(perhaps from a pattern of 1GoldMoney, valid addresses like 1GoLdMoNeY should be considered like shares?), but right now it's every man for himself so it makes mining addresses a bit useless.

This idea would be very promising. I have been mining a few of my own and have had no issues with 4 word searches which only take about 10 minutes but for some of these it just seems exhausting. Is there any way to specify what get work I solve?
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:14:37 PM

This idea would be very promising. I have been mining a few of my own and have had no issues with 4 word searches which only take about 10 minutes but for some of these it just seems exhausting. Is there any way to specify what get work I solve?
Unfortunately not without doing so manually.  The client by default selects the one that is the highest payment for the lowest difficulty (highest 'lavishness').  That said, you could probably automate it using any number of tools.  Earlier in the thread somebody mentioned using a PHP script, but I could easily see it being done using e.g. AutoHotKey as well.  That said, the Catch 22 continues, so only put in as much work as you're willing to waste Smiley

sorryforthat

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:33:26 PM

Unfortunately not without doing so manually.  The client by default selects the one that is the highest payment for the lowest difficulty (highest 'lavishness').  That said, you could probably automate it using any number of tools.  Earlier in the thread somebody mentioned using a PHP script, but I could easily see it being done using e.g. AutoHotKey as well.  That said, the Catch 22 continues, so only put in as much work as you're willing to waste Smiley

Another question. The time it takes to actually find a key, is it substantial? Im going at about 15 Mkey/s. Is that enough to get something out of the pool?
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:06:28 AM

Another question. The time it takes to actually find a key, is it substantial? Im going at about 15 Mkey/s. Is that enough to get something out of the pool?
It should tell you, actually - but I can tell you off the top of my head that the answer will most likely be "yes" ranging from months to years, on average.  You could get a hit before I hit 'Post', though.  Just not very likely Smiley

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 01:17:08 PM

If there is a work and isn't hard, atleast less than 8-9 chars, you could get the reward. I am only getting ~220 Kkeys/s which way too slower than yours and I can generate vanity addresses with 6-7 chars within a few hours. The difficulty also depends on the characters, something like 1sorryfor won't be a hard one.

-MZ

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:11:36 PM

Posting to save for later use.

jleskovar

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:11:49 PM

Had a bit of a shower thought the other day about a fully decentralised vanity address request/redemption scheme. Basically, people could post their vanity address requests to the blockchain, by sending to a p2sh address, that somehow (begin handwaving) also encodes the requesters public key, and the desired address pattern. (/handwave)

The redeemer / finder of a vanity address would both publish their findings to the blockchain and claim the reward by providing a script + input that (begin handwaving) checks that the supplied private key yields a public key which, when combined with the requesters pubkey, compressed and base58 check encoded, results in an address matching the requesters address pattern. The script could also have a backdoor setup by the requester that allows them to reclaim funds, in case nobody is able to mine the vanity address after a sufficient amount of time. (/handwave)

Of course, there's a whole swathe of problems that prevent this from ever coming to fruition:

* the script is far too complex to ever encode using bitcoin's script primitives
* if it could be scripted, miners would most likely not bother with them, unless a hefty fee is levied
* the requester would need to broadcast the redemption script off the chain, so it's not really completely decentralised...

Might make for an interesting side chain project I guess
sorryforthat

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:47:48 PM

I have solved '1Smoothie' job, it did disappear from the list but I see no reward transaction  on the blockchain.

Is there some problem in the pool?

-hardlock

did you submit the keys to the pool?
ThePiachu (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 307

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 11:06:57 PM

Had a bit of a shower thought the other day about a fully decentralised vanity address request/redemption scheme. Basically, people could post their vanity address requests to the blockchain, by sending to a p2sh address, that somehow (begin handwaving) also encodes the requesters public key, and the desired address pattern. (/handwave)

It's not really possible without more sophisticates smart contracts (Ethereum-grade), since you can't really do p2sh to an address you don't fully know as far as I understand.

I have solved '1Smoothie' job, it did disappear from the list but I see no reward transaction  on the blockchain.

Is there some problem in the pool?

-hardlock

I'll double-check the problem later today / tomorrow. Currently a bit busy.

1HWbVLhxj7bhewhyapMZpyhqWAeAhJd51E
My Bitcoin Calculator:
http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/
venit4u

Activity: 357
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:20:10 PM

Is this pool still live? do we still get rewards if we found any match from available work?
because i tried using these settings : http://prntscr.com/8q41ek (i know that i used the default btc address, just for test)
but i get no available work message, can i try manually using vanitygen or what settings do i need ?
Thanks
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:16:27 PM

Is this pool still live? do we still get rewards if we found any match from available work?
because i tried using these settings : http://prntscr.com/8q41ek (i know that i used the default btc address, just for test)
but i get no available work message
Pool is still live, and I believe recently paid out to somebody.

The reason you're not seeing any work is because it appears you're hitting the wrong server. try:
Code:
oclvanityminer64.exe -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a 1ADDRESSHERE
Fires right up here, looking for 1BETBTCcom

As for manually doing it, check out the FAQ at the pool site.
Also of interest might be this post about using autoit to semi-automate this using vanitygen (and not vanityminer): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.msg11084323#msg11084323

oclvanityminer(64) is the recommended road to go down though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: