Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 06:45:11 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanity Pool - vanity address generator pool  (Read 107114 times)
fizzisist

Activity: 720

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

It looks like someone is hammering my vanitypool-value API every 30 seconds with a Ruby script. The API is cached for 5 minutes, so you aren't actually gaining anything from pinging it so often. Would you please reduce the frequency to closer to 5 minutes?

The IP address of the requests starts is 82.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:12:20 PM

Changed to 5 minutes. Didn't think it could generate any meaningful load, sorry.

I should probably make the computations myself from the published jobs, didn't find time to do it yet.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
fizzisist

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 10:19:23 PM

Changed to 5 minutes. Didn't think it could generate any meaningful load, sorry.

I should probably make the computations myself from the published jobs, didn't find time to do it yet.

Thanks, and no, it didn't generate any meaningful load, but did fill up my logs with a lot of requests. Smiley Mostly, I wanted you to know that it wasn't helping you to grab it more often because of the caching on my end!

n4ru

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:04:29 AM

This really should be used more. Quite a brilliant idea.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:35:10 AM

hi, when I check the solution - including old ones that I know are correct, on https://gobittest.appspot.com/VanityMult & sum site I have been getting an error message for the last 12 hrs plus:

Error: Server Error
The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.

If the problem persists, please report your problem and mention this error message and the query that caused it.

... any help welcomed pse, ty!

Node40.com is a leader in DASH hosting, dedicated exclusively to fully managed masternode hosting. Professional, organized, and responsive. I have many dozens of nodes with them.    
BTC = $c²     BTC = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc      DASH, Digital Cash = www.dash.org   
   CHARITY | MY REP | DICE
fizzisist

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 02:44:42 PM

hi, when I check the solution - including old ones that I know are correct, on https://gobittest.appspot.com/VanityMult & sum site I have been getting an error message for the last 12 hrs plus:

If the problem persists, please report your problem and mention this error message and the query that caused it.

Have you tried the bitcoin address utility?

https://github.com/casascius/Bitcoin-Address-Utility

http://casascius.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/bitcoin-address-utility/

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:12:13 PM

Many thanks, but unfortunately that's way out of my league for using, I don't use windows & though I trust Casascius I don't download stuff & I just don't know enough to be sure that I'm not exposing my part of the private key to attempt this, I am geek lvl 0.

It does look very useful though & if I get a separate computer in the future from the one where I log on to stuff then I will experiment with it.

Node40.com is a leader in DASH hosting, dedicated exclusively to fully managed masternode hosting. Professional, organized, and responsive. I have many dozens of nodes with them.    
BTC = $c²     BTC = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc      DASH, Digital Cash = www.dash.org   
   CHARITY | MY REP | DICE
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:06:17 PM

I don't download stuff... I am geek lvl 0.
Not downloading stuff puts you in the 90th percentile or better already Roll Eyes

I recommend asking me for a signature from my GPG key before doing a trade. I will NEVER deny such a request.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:02:01 PM

After further investigation I've decided it's safe to download & have, but am unable to unarchive/extract the BtcAddress.exe on my Mac, seems that it's a for Windows only program which i don't use. Any help in getting the https://gobittest.appspot.com/VanityMult & sum sites working or who to ask would be appreciated, thanks.

CHARITY | MY REP | DICE
scintill

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 09:43:46 PM

After further investigation I've decided it's safe to download & have, but am unable to unarchive/extract the BtcAddress.exe on my Mac, seems that it's a for Windows only program which i don't use. Any help in getting the https://gobittest.appspot.com/VanityMult & sum sites working or who to ask would be appreciated, thanks.

What about https://www.bitaddress.org/ -> Vanity Wallet tab?  I haven't personally used it, but it seems pretty straightforward and bitaddress.org has been trustworthy and pretty solid.  It seems this pool uses EC Addition to derive the key, but on that you could just choose whichever option gives you the vanity address you expected.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:51:01 AM

I forgot to mention the https://gobittest.appspot.com/VanityMult & sum site has been working fine when I tested it with some old solved van gens. I assumed with ASICs arriving that there may be more miners solving these but seems to have gone quiet atm results wise, maybe they're all mining Litecoins or something.

CHARITY | MY REP | DICE
area

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:43:31 AM

I'm getting this error too, both when submitting via vanityminer and on the website. When doing the latter, sometimes I can get 'Solution does not match the pattern'. I was working on the 1arieLh pattern, if you are able to look at logs and figure out what is going on.

Mine the best coin, all the time, using Cryptoswitcher
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 850

WWW.HOMETOWNARMS.COM

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 03:44:46 AM

Does the solved work have to be case sensitive? I searched the thread for "case" and didn't find anything. For example, right now the first in available work is 1111Wish, does it have to be exactly that, or perhaps 1111WiSH, 1111WisH, 1111wish, or one of the many others? If not, then I believe the pool should have an option for the user who is requesting the address to be case sensitive or not. This would promote a few more sales.

ThePiachu

Activity: 442

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 03:47:13 AM

Does the solved work have to be case sensitive? I searched the thread for "case" and didn't find anything. For example, right now the first in available work is 1111Wish, does it have to be exactly that, or perhaps 1111WiSH, 1111WisH, 1111wish, or one of the many others? If not, then I believe the pool should have an option for the user who is requesting the address to be case sensitive or not. This would promote a few more sales.

The solution is case sensitive as properly charging for regexp work is a bit too complex for me to implement at the moment.

1HWbVLhxj7bhewhyapMZpyhqWAeAhJd51E
My Bitcoin Calculator:
http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:19:19 PM

The solution is case sensitive as properly charging for regexp work is a bit too complex for me to implement at the moment.
Case insensitivity does not require regex and the difficulty calculation is fairly simple.

I recommend asking me for a signature from my GPG key before doing a trade. I will NEVER deny such a request.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:36:54 PM

I'm getting this error message again & it's beyond me to even know how to report it correctly when I go to the report page, I'd very much appreciate if someone could do this for me & all who wish to be able to continue to use it, many thanks indeed to whoever solved a bunch of mine today after a long hiatus, including a lovely 9 chars after the 1 of 1AUSTRALiA that's been there from near the start of this for a very well deserved 0.9 btc bounty.

CHARITY | MY REP | DICE
ThePiachu

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 08:08:59 PM

I'm getting this error message again & it's beyond me to even know how to report it correctly when I go to the report page, I'd very much appreciate if someone could do this for me & all who wish to be able to continue to use it, many thanks indeed to whoever solved a bunch of mine today after a long hiatus, including a lovely 9 chars after the 1 of 1AUSTRALiA that's been there from near the start of this for a very well deserved 0.9 btc bounty.

Hmm, this is very strange - the admin logs aren't more helpful:

W 2013-05-21 13:08:19.148
A problem was encountered with the process that handled this request, causing it to exit. This is likely to cause a new process to be used for the next request to your application. (Error code 204)

I will be looking into that today.

My Bitcoin Calculator:
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:40:28 PM

Many thanks TP!

CHARITY | MY REP | DICE
ThePiachu

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 08:42:53 PM

In the mean time, I can see that

https://www.bitaddress.org

have added support for both addition and multiplication, so you can give them a bash.

My Bitcoin Calculator:
neurobox

Activity: 212

Getting too old for all this.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:37:58 PM

Sorry if I hammered your logs for a bit there, is 4 minutes acceptable for get work requests?

I'm putting final touches on a simple WSH script to pick the most profitable request out of the most possible requests, and manage vanitygen based on that. Next I'll add automatic submittal, though I suppose it'll be hard to test.

If anyone's interested in it, I'm fairly interested in donations Wink

█████████«─=████▓µ  ╢▀▀██▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████  .███████Ñ ╓ ╠█Ä └".╬Ä `└Ö`╙ ╔▓  ▒▓╬ ┌╫Ä ╠╬  ╙ ╓╬─ "└║████████
████████┌ ╫███████╓▄  ╢  ▒██  └╙▒. , ╫╒███  ╙ ╓╬Ö ╠▄ ╙▒  └║████████
█████████▓   ▀▀██▀╙.║█████▌███▓▓▌Å██▀▀█▓╚▀█▓▀██▀█▓▀▒██╚▀█▌▓█Ü╣▓▓Ü██████████
██████████└  └?~  ▄██████████▓██████████████▓█████████▓█████▓██████████████

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.