Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:24:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SMLY- smileycoin - for rewards in education  (Read 77072 times)
gstefans (OP)

Activity: 473
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 10:27:20 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 03:07:31 PM by gstefans

Great Chart Gallery of SmileyCoin on BitScreener: https://bitscreener.com/coins/smileycoin/chart_gallery
Indeed, thank you!
unusvita

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:05:52 PM

is it worth holding onto this coins, will they ever go up to $1 like in 3-5 years??
Phattboyslim

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:16:00 AM

Is there API available to create SMLY wallet ? I want to make a game in C# and use SMLY as ingame currency.
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 07:53:54 AM

Is there API available to create SMLY wallet ? I want to make a game in C# and use SMLY as ingame currency.
SMLY should be a perfect ingame currency.

Which OS?

Do you need to create the wallet from inside the game or is it enough to install the wallet and talk to it using an API? So far we have had the wallet installed as a separate application and then other programs talk to it.

The earlier Android wallet had an API and a demonstration game which used this API. Unfortunately it would have required quite a bit of work to update that wallet after the last fork and we did not have the resources for that.

The current wallet for Android is Coinomi which is completely in the hands of the Coinomi developers.

gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:57:46 PM

SMLY should be a perfect ingame currency.

Which OS?

Do you need to create the wallet from inside the game or is it enough to install the wallet and talk to it using an API? So far we have had the wallet installed as a separate application and then other programs talk to it.

The earlier Android wallet had an API and a demonstration game which used this API. Unfortunately it would have required quite a bit of work to update that wallet after the last fork and we did not have the resources for that.

The current wallet for Android is Coinomi which is completely in the hands of the Coinomi developers.

The approach is probably different depending on the OS. If we're talking Windows/MacOS/Linux, then there is a dedicated SMLY wallet which supports RPCs. You can also call the command line interface to do most things you would want to -- which is what Linux command-line users would typically use from shell scripts and system calls, but most others probably not.

All of these need you to either have the wallet preinstalled or install it while installing the game which wants to use it.

We have not tried to use simple functions calls (api call) to set up the complete wallet as a part of another program (app).

Note that the tutor-web project might be able to donate some SMLY if you use them as a part of your game (this is specifically laid out as a special case in the definition of appropriate use of the premine, https://tutor-web.info/smileycoin).
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 08:37:47 AM

Those of you trying to figure out the API for the SMLY wallet:  The command-line interface (cli) gives a fairly extensive description of how to access the wallet. You can access this from the Linux command line or from the (Windows/MacOSX/Linux) graphical interface.

For a list of all commands:
Code:
help
For help on a single commands:
Code:
help getinfo
Linux access:
Code:
~/smileyCoin/src/smileycoin-cli help sendfrom
Smileycoin-Qt access (Help-Debug window-Console):
Code:
help sendfrom
For a list of all commands:
Code:
help

The cli help gives direct examples of how you can call the wallet using curl.

Examples of python implementations can be found in several places. The tutor-web methods to pay out rewards to students are on
github: https://github.com/tutor-web/tutorweb.quizdb/blob/master/tutorweb/quizdb/coin.py

There are also examples for calling this from within R.
yeyicheng888

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:18:40 PM

Now there are too many Internet coins, but the concept of education is still very few, this is a meaningful coin, I hope it can be better.
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:27:33 PM

is it worth holding onto this coins, will they ever go up to $1 like in 3-5 years??

I think not, because for the initial posting the project and from 2014 if I am wrong correct me, and in that time interval she did not value as much.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 03:22:31 AM

You guys need to get on at least one more exchange and you need some plan that explains why people need to use Smiley coin. Your site doesn't communicate that.

Is there a dev or someone in charge with some coins and interest of making it go 100x or will it always be cheap???

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:45:50 AM

You guys need to get on at least one more exchange and you need some plan that explains why people need to use Smiley coin. Your site doesn't communicate that.

Is there a dev or someone in charge with some coins and interest of making it go 100x or will it always be cheap???

Follow @smileycoinnews on twitter. You will see recent tweets on this, including one from a few minutes ago.

This is neither a get-rich-quick coin nor a pump and dump coin.

Its purpose is explained in the opening page of this thread with more info on the home page at tutor-web.info/smileycoin

Yeah we need more exchanges. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 11:03:01 AM

From twitter:Should we have $SMLY tipping on Twitter? Wouldn't it be a little cool to send a few $SMLY when you like a tweet? https://mobile.twitter.com/SmileycoinNews/status/945942038868094977

For example, Education in a Suitcase has a few thousand followers and it might make sense for EIAS to tip all of them.

There are a few tipping bots for Twitter already and it really does not seem very difficult to implement.

Comments?

gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:06:11 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 03:20:32 AM by gstefans

People sometimes think this is another scam coin intended for pump schemes and getting rich quickly - and complain that it is still a low-value coin. I apologise for being abrupt sometimes, but I am a bit sensitive to this. The coin has a very clear purpose and this has been advertised again and again, here and elsewhere.

But there have been several developments and also a lot of new people, so let's go through this point by point. Most of this has been mentioned above or by @smileycoinnews on twitter, or in steemit articles, or in scientific papers, but here is a summary.

• The coin was initially developed for rewarding students in a freely accessible and open educational system, the tutor-web
  • The coin is primarily for fun, not profit
  • The coin has survived since 2014  Smiley
  • There have been developments every year, most recently a brand new multi-algo wallet so you can solo-mine on a CPU
  • The coin implements a form of staking: If you hold 25 M SMLY in an address you will get dividends
  • All decisions are taken openly after discussion in this forum and usually also on twitter
  • This coin has a peer-reviewed scientific publication: http://bit.ly/SMLYledger
  • The coin has been used for many educational research projects, some of which have resulted in a PhD thesis: http://bit.ly/PhD-AHJ
  • Development of the coin has been funded as a part of several of these research projects
  • The coin may be primarily for fun, but it can certainly also be used as an investment
  • For this coin, the miners' fee is not the same as the coinbase
  • The coinbase is 10,000 SMLY per block and is split three ways
  • The miners' fee is now 1,000 SMLY per block
  • 4,500 SMLY from the coinbase are used for dividends
  • 4,500 SMLY from the coinbase are used to support the non-profit organisation Education in a Suitcase (EIAS)
  • Education in a Suitcase donates servers and tablets to schools in very low-income areas, primarily Kenya
  • The primary system on the servers (and tablets) is the tutor-web - designed to operate with unstable electricity and no Internet
  • In light of the coinbase, any investment in the coin is also support for Education in a Suitcase
  • One of the SMLY goals is to be able to pay the students in Kenya $1 per day in SMLY (not there yet)
  • A number of Steemit articles describe the SMLY, EIAS and tutor-web: https://steemit.com/@gstefans/
  • The coin is now a part of more projects than ever before: It will not go away!
  • If you want a long-term investment and support a good cause at the same time, then this is not bad, see http://bit.ly/SMLYinvest
  • If you want secure dividends, get 25M SMLY and keep them in one address. You will get SMLY dividends several times per day!
  • SMLY are also the easiest way to enter crypto: Just donate to EIAS and they will send you SMLY http://bit.ly/EIASdonate
  • Experimentation with SMLY is encouraged: You can now send text messages in the SMLY blockchain (see above)
  • Experiments include a SMLY ATM http://bit.ly/SMLYatm
  • Marketcap today (Dec 2017) is over 2 million USD -- not bad for a fun coin!!
  • A double-or-nothing game has been set up on the blockchain itself, as a proof-of-concept
  • A proposal has been made to use the SMLY block chain to announce atomic swaps
  • Some preliminary work on atomic swap announcements may be on the way: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2559322.msg26071572#msg26071572
  • More to come...

The Ledger paper listed above should now be the definitive source of information on the coin. We have tried to include absolutely everything of relevance in that paper.

In short, this coin is not going away, so it is a much lower-risk investment than most coins on coinmarketcap, but it is also not intended for quick profits.

(Edited several times to add stuff and make it a stand-alone note)

NokyRed

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:33:54 AM

very bad coin..

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 11:36:42 AM

very bad coin..
You're quite the joker :-)
DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:03:03 AM

Sorry if I missed the info somewhere but I wasn't able to determine the staking reward?

Is it a fixed % or does it vary?
Is it by the block or is it wallet weight vs. network weight?

Thanks Smiley
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 11:49:22 AM

Sorry if I missed the info somewhere but I wasn't able to determine the staking reward?

Thanks Smiley
It's probably not what you'd normally call staking.

The coinbase is split 3 ways, one of these is dividends, 4500 SMLY per block.

If you have a wallet with an address which contains at least 25 M SMLY, then that address will get dividends once it becomes the oldest (untouched) such address.

There are about 150 such addresses right now. If they do not get otherwise modified, they just take turns getting the 4500.

The entire dividends for a block go to one address, changing its status from the oldest to the newest.

DisasterFaster

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:21:56 PM

Thanks Smiley

If you have a wallet with an address which contains at least 25 M SMLY, then that address will get dividends once it becomes the oldest (untouched) such address.

There are about 150 such addresses right now. If they do not get otherwise modified, they just take turns getting the 4500.

The entire dividends for a block go to one address, changing its status from the oldest to the newest.

Interesting and thanks for the answer. This brings me then to yet another quick question. Do you have any idea how long it takes to cycle through those 150 addresses that get a 4500 SMLY dividend? I'm just trying to get some rough idea of how often the payout might occur...
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 01:39:49 PM

Thanks Smiley

Interesting and thanks for the answer. This brings me then to yet another quick question. Do you have any idea how long it takes to cycle through those 150 addresses that get a 4500 SMLY dividend? I'm just trying to get some rough idea of how often the payout might occur...

Yes. There should be 480 blocks per day. So just over 3 dividend payments per day.

DisasterFaster

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:26:36 PM

Thanks Smiley

Yes. There should be 480 blocks per day. So just over 3 dividend payments per day.

Wonderful so I can relate to that and some simple math tells me an address with 25 million might see a payout every 50 days or so. I love this coin and have very thoroughly checked it through and through. I got the wallet all synchronized now and will be heading to the exchange to buy a good chunk of it. If there is anything specific you need me to do to help out with the coin please let me know. Thanks for your input on these questions!
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 07:31:51 PM

Thanks Smiley

Wonderful so I can relate to that and some simple math tells me an address with 25 million might see a payout every 50 days or so. I love this coin and have very thoroughly checked it through and through. I got the wallet all synchronized now and will be heading to the exchange to buy a good chunk of it. If there is anything specific you need me to do to help out with the coin please let me know. Thanks for your input on these questions!

An address which has 25 million should get 4500 SMLY about 3 times per day.

Each block gives 4500 to one address on the rich list. There are 480 blocks per day (on average) and about 150 addresses, so each gets a payment about 3 times per day.

Note that this is not a function of the amount at the address other than it being at least 25 million. So it's not a traditional interest rate. If you own 50 million then you'll want to spread it onto 2 addresses, each with 25.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: