Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:09:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SMLY- smileycoin - for rewards in education  (Read 77047 times)
gstefans (OP)

Activity: 473
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2020, 05:30:59 PM

I was very fond of mining this coin because, I had mined it for a long time, but it had to be a good pool with no errors and no Orphan blocks.
No pool has worked for this coin since the 2017 fork...
WolfTronCoin

Activity: 452
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 05:34:45 PM

I mine with 10- l3 + antminers if you explain me as miner from the wallet I am very grateful
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2020, 06:16:57 PM

I mine with 10- l3 + antminers if you explain me as miner from the wallet I am very grateful

You'll need to find someone else who knows how to connect the miner(s) to the wallet(s)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=845761.msg53335384#msg53335384
neelcomputers

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 12:01:18 PM

I am almost certain that this pool does not work as a SMLY mining pool. Note that their pool data seems to indicate that there is no mining for SMLY.

They have not been in touch -- and the pool software needs to be specially modified to accept SMLY.

Just use solo mining.

if you are lucky you will get blocks then you need to be more lucky to get your mined coins payments they to are messed up.
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 12:25:14 PM

I am almost certain that this pool does not work as a SMLY mining pool. Note that their pool data seems to indicate that there is no mining for SMLY.

They have not been in touch -- and the pool software needs to be specially modified to accept SMLY.

Just use solo mining.

if you are lucky you will get blocks then you need to be more lucky to get your mined coins payments they to are messed up.

Looking at the pool output, they now seem to be mining SMLY -- and they clearly know that the miner's reward is not the same as the coinbase.

Please let us know if this pool actually works for mining SMLY...
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 02:19:52 PM

Looking at the pool output, they now seem to be mining SMLY -- and they clearly know that the miner's reward is not the same as the coinbase.

Note that this pool is not a part of the coin development -- it is developed and maintained by the pool owners.

If you have questions regarding the pool, you can click on the Discord button on their web page, at https://icopool.club/

neelcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2020, 10:43:21 PM

Just use solo mining.

pool does not work wasted lot of hash's.....any other pool?

gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2020, 10:49:39 PM

Just use solo mining.

pool does not work wasted lot of hash's.....any other pool?

No other pool that I know of.

Check their discord link if you have problems.
neelcomputers

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 01:39:55 PM

given up mining this coin good luck
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 12:32:54 PM

Just use solo mining.

i tried mining some smiley (not using that pool, but my own mini pool) and all the blocks i found were not accepted by the network.
what mods are needing for mining pool software?
is it simply some percentage of the block reward payable to some charity address (like a pool fee?)
if so, what amount and to what address?

thanks!

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 12:50:27 PM

Just use solo mining.

i tried mining some smiley (not using that pool, but my own mini pool) and all the blocks i found were not accepted by the network.
is it simply some percentage of the block reward payable to some charity address (like a pool fee?)

thanks!

The coinbase needs to be split in accordance with the wallet's rules. Only 10% become the miner's reward and the remaing 45%+45% need to go to a specific set of addresses, as donations and dividends, defined in the same way in all wallets.
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2020, 10:06:34 PM

Just use solo mining.

thanks!

The coinbase needs to be split in accordance with the wallet's rules. Only 10% become the miner's reward and the remaing 45%+45% need to go to a specific set of addresses, as donations and dividends, defined in the same way in all wallets.

well, i found the wallet source file richlistdb.cpp which allocates 45% based on block height modulo 10 from a list of addresses.
but i cant find any source file that explains how the other 45% is allocated. are you able to point me at a wallet source file(s) that would let me figure what i need to change in my mining software?

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2020, 09:48:54 AM

SmileyCoin is now listed on CoinLim.

See coinlim.com

This brings us back up to 3 exchanges:
https://p2pb2b.io/
https://www.southxchange.com/
https://www.coinlim.com/

The markets are slightly different, with USD-SMLY on p2pb2b; USDT-SMLY on CoinLim but several markets on southXchange (LTC, DOGE, BTC, USD).

gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2020, 11:40:01 PM

A trade competition will be held at CoinLim.

For more information check out the "SmileyCoin Official Group" on Telegram.
Chris Sokolowski

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 01:05:48 PM

BGrd3xq1jtott3AU8hzzya7BpDfroCpc9g BYND
what does that mean?

AFAIK there is no SMLY mining pool.

What pool are you using?

Have you tried to read the postings above which tell you how to mine SMLY -- with no pool?

Prohashing (https://prohashing.com) recently added Smileycoin for mining and payouts.

Prohashing - Professional Mining Made Simple
Visit us at https://prohashing.com
Optimized for performance - 15 algorithms - Payouts in 200 coins - PPS, PPLNS, or solo
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2020, 03:51:26 PM

Prohashing (https://prohashing.com) recently added Smileycoin for mining and payouts.

Prohashing seems to assume that the coinbase is the same as the miners' reward, which it is not the case for SmileyCoin. The word "Block reward" is used on your page, and shown as 10 thousand SMLY. But the miners' reward is only 10% of the coinbase.

It may not be as profitable as your calculator implies (apparently still very profitable, just not this much).

Chris Sokolowski

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 12:29:47 PM

Prohashing seems to assume that the coinbase is the same as the miners' reward, which it is not the case for SmileyCoin. The word "Block reward" is used on your page, and shown as 10 thousand SMLY. But the miners' reward is only 10% of the coinbase.

It may not be as profitable as your calculator implies (apparently still very profitable, just not this much).

I looked into this and it was decided to discontinue the coin due to low-quality daemon software.

The scrypt blocks are returning an error about an "EIASAddress," but searching the Internet for the term didn't reveal any documentation as to what that is or how to create transactions to resolve it.  More concerning, however, is that the daemon will return this error when scrypt blocks are submitted, but not when blocks for any other algorithm are submitted.  It silently succeeds for those algorithms, still submits the block to the network, the other nodes reject it, and the daemon wasted over $100.

This lack of testing on the part of the developers is unacceptable.  Real people's livelihoods are at stake here, and that was someone's salary for the day.

Prohashing - Professional Mining Made Simple
Visit us at https://prohashing.com
Optimized for performance - 15 algorithms - Payouts in 200 coins - PPS, PPLNS, or solo
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 06:15:34 PM

The scrypt blocks are returning an error about an "EIASAddress," ...
We will look into this. Thanks for pointing it out.

I looked into this and it was decided to discontinue the coin due to low-quality daemon software.
Oh dear, I am sorry - you got hit by some really bad karma: It was the shitty hash-alllocation scheme of prohashing which forced us to completely change
the mining setup in SmileyCoin in the first place.

It has worked wonderfully until now. Did you check out whether this is the same issue? https://github.com/tutor-web/smileyCoin/issues/23

This lack of testing on the part of the developers is unacceptable.  Real people's livelihoods are at stake here, and that was someone's salary for the day.
I can assure you that the problems with the prohashing hash-alllocation scheme cost us much, much more than a day's work!

But yeah, AFAIK there is only one SMLY mining pool at the moment and any pool owner trying to set up a SMLY pool may indeed find first-time bugs.

The SMLY team has never said that SMLY will work with your pool and we certainly do not accept responsibility for issues which may come up when someone tries to set it up with a new pool.

... and the daemon wasted over $100.
As noted in the previous post, the prohashing profit calculations for SMLY are at least a factor of 10 off. Did you take that into account?

$100 will buy some 3 million SMLY, which is the mining reward for every single block for 7 days of mining. Your claim just does not sound right.
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 10:30:44 PM

I'd like to make a list of active SmileyCoin pools.

So far I know of http://icopool.club/

If you know of others, please let us know...
gstefans (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2020, 10:19:03 AM

The CoinLim exchange and the Smiley Charity are supporting a SmileyCoin trading competition on CoinLim.com.

This should be lots of fun. The reward for first place is 64 M SMLY and the total rewards are 128M SMLY.

The competition starts on Monday, June 22nd.

If you want to have some fun and support our work at the same time - or just see how this works - you'll need to register at CoinLim.com.

More on Twitter and Telegram.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: