Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:07:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Zerovert - First Truly & Only Anonymous Coin with Zerocoin | Mandatory Upgrade !  (Read 50926 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BanditryAndLoot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:59:41 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 03:20:26 PM by BanditryAndLoot

Do you have pools that will have this at launch? Hopefully, merge-mined pools that will have this at launch?

And it's only at the end of fall, that we discover it was naught but the wind that knew when one particular leaf was to fall from one particular tree, only to land in one distinct spot .. to be left for an eternity, and waste its time in a wait sublime. C0A2A1C4
Black Fire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:16:43 PM

+1 For adding this in the upcoming VTC fork, and NOT creating a new coin out of it.

I was under the impression it was it's own coin and not part of vertcoin. You mine it it has a dif logo. It can stand on its own. It can be the #1 Altcoin all on its own. I will be way less interested if just some added on gimmick to vertcoin. WTF?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 140 Cryptos  ● Multicoin Dice and Lottery  >>
██████████    <<  ● Secure Platform API Support  ● Intuitive Interface with Chat  >>
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 03:19:14 PM

Why not TRIPLE-MERGED / Vertcoin + Monocle + ZeroVert / ? ? ?
zerovert (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:30:48 PM

Hello Zerovert. How can I get some free give-away coins?! Many thanks, Voly.

Hey Voly. For our first giveaway we're looking to give away free coins to people that share about us on twitter or facebook. Feel free to qualify by clicking the "share on twitter" button here: http://zerovert.org/

Note though: For twitter and facebook, we'll have some heuristics to tell if you're a real person (time account was created, posts, ect)

Cheers

I shared it. Will you just send a link on the twitter page for the coins?

Details given soon. Will probably just have everyone on twitter post their new Zerovert addresses
SpainCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 03:32:21 PM

How many legitimate questions are you going to delete/not answer  Angry

Self moderated threads shouldn't be allowed in this section

I'm giving up, they're not answering anything or addressing any of our concerns... but so far I think they haven't deleted much or anything

SpainCoinDev

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 03:33:43 PM

Why not TRIPLE-MERGED / Vertcoin + Monocle + ZeroVert / ? ? ?
... nothing will prevent you from doing that

HoY

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:34:15 PM

+1 For adding this in the upcoming VTC fork, and NOT creating a new coin out of it.

I was under the impression it was it's own coin and not part of vertcoin. You mine it it has a dif logo. It can stand on its own. It can be the #1 Altcoin all on its own. I will be way less interested if just some added on gimmick to vertcoin. WTF?

reading between the lines a little bit, it seems that he doesn't want to add it to VTC directly because VTC doesn't want 100% anonymity, but just stealth. So because he's invested so much time in fixing the flawed system, he doesn't want to waste it, and made a new pre mined coin out of it. Sadly, because it is an Aux POW coin on a very small network the chances of it getting far, regardless of its innovation, are probably somewhere close to Parallax (PLX). I'm not trying to put it down or anything, I just believe 100% in fixing VTC for the betterment of Crypto, rather than just flooding the internet with more alt coins.
SpainCoinDev

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 03:37:56 PM

assuming the OP is even a vtc dev, it would be suicidal to fork vtc to include zerocoin, zerovert's implementation will most probably not work properly anyway, zerocoin is a work in progress with known flaws.

zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:39:17 PM

How many legitimate questions are you going to delete/not answer  Angry

Self moderated threads shouldn't be allowed in this section

I'm giving up, they're not answering anything or addressing any of our concerns... but so far I think they haven't deleted much or anything

Hi what are your specific concern(s) / question(s)? Happy to answer, thanks
HoY

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:42:44 PM

That's exactly why we have MON, to test changes to be made to VTC without putting VTC at risk.
zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:45:43 PM

assuming the OP is even a vtc dev, it would be suicidal to fork vtc to include zerocoin, zerovert's implementation will most probably not work properly anyway, zerocoin is a work in progress with known flaws.

Right, not a fork. This is a new coin that stands on its own.

It does work. We have done thorough testing. Would be happy to answer any questions you might have
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:51:58 PM

Hey Voly. For our first giveaway we're looking to give away free coins to people that share about us on twitter or facebook. Feel free to qualify by clicking the "share on twitter" button here: http://zerovert.org/

Note though: For twitter and facebook, we'll have some heuristics to tell if you're a real person (time account was created, posts, ect)

Cheers

Details given soon. Will probably just have everyone on twitter post their new Zerovert addresses

Coolyo, just tweeted from @jwgealt. I guess since you haven't answered my question about open-source, that means it's gonna be closed source? Any estimation on when it will be open sourced? Isn't it hard for people to evaluate the efficacy of the technology if they can't examine the code?
Kikecoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:57:41 PM

I'm going to request you make an unmoderated thread.  In light of the blocknet scam ALL non scamcoins should have an unmoderated ann thread imo

In light of all the paid FUD, i suggest otherwise. Go back into your hole, troll
zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:59:18 PM

Cheers

Coolyo, just tweeted from @jwgealt. I guess since you haven't answered my question about open-source, that means it's gonna be closed source? Any estimation on when it will be open sourced? Isn't it hard for people to evaluate the efficacy of the technology if they can't examine the code?

Closed source for now, in an effort to create a network effect so someone doesn't just copy our code and claim they implemented zerocoin first.

Which specific questions do you have about efficacy? Would be happy to answer.
SpainCoinDev

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 04:04:56 PM

Right, not a fork. This is a new coin that stands on its own.

It does work. We have done thorough testing. Would be happy to answer any questions you might have
Thank you! I'm glad it works if it truly does
- What would the blockchain size for zerovert be if it was vertcoin for example? (same amount of time going now, same amount of transactions)
- how long does it take to create an average tx you can find on the vertcoin network right now (same avg inputs, depth..),
- same but how long to confirm?
(I'm using vertcoin as the benchmark since you should be familiar with the current metrics and it's a more or less successful alt with some volume.)
- so, in general, how much more space/bandwidth or cpu power than a btc transaction do you need? (zerocoin is many times more)
- zerocoins have to be all the same face value, how are you addressing that? a few different zerocoin types? just one? your thoughts on the constraints either choice implies
- are you basing your work on https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin ?
- Address these issues: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zerocoin#Criticism
- Are you improving any aspects of zerocoin in the same way as zerocash? if so, what exactly?
- Are you improving any aspects of the original zerocoin in other ways? in what ways exactly?
- No pool or exchange will run your closed-source client in their servers, even less so given that you are unknown/id unproven so far. How do you plan on making people adopt your coin with closed source.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:09:24 PM

Cheers

Closed source for now, in an effort to create a network effect so someone doesn't just copy our code and claim they implemented zerocoin first.

Which specific questions do you have about efficacy? Would be happy to answer.

Just in general, I think it's good to have code available for review. I understand your concerns about someone copying your code, and I'm not going to review the code myself, but I'm also not going to install it on my computer when it's only available in closed source binary. I'm still not using vert wallet with stealth addresses because source still hasn't been released afaik, even though there are apparently lots of coins with stealth addresses now. Just kind of sucks that if I want to get giveaway coins I have to setup wallet in virtual machine or something...maybe you can just save mine until you release the source Smiley

Anyway, hope launch goes well, and hope you are able to get some new and old people excited about vert. Best of luck!
LingPingChen

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:17:00 PM

There will be no FUD from SDC if this is real development. Generally SDC investors are some of the most informed in crypto. The SDC guys call out copy/paste, vaporware and fluffware coins...the community should thank them for demanding real innovation in the crypto space.

98% shadow codebase copy-pasta from bitcoin, peercoin. Shadow fud team insecure hypocrite.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:21:39 PM

Please stop asking question I don't understand.

Just buy my coin.

I'll deliver magic.

dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:23:30 PM

There will be no FUD from SDC if this is real development. Generally SDC investors are some of the most informed in crypto. The SDC guys call out copy/paste, vaporware and fluffware coins...the community should thank them for demanding real innovation in the crypto space.

98% shadow codebase copy-pasta from bitcoin, peercoin. Shadow fud team insecure hypocrite.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

This is not the SDC thread but credit where credit is due Shadow dev/team have delivered new open-source technology. Lets not get bent up on twisting facts regardless of the crypto currency and its followers actions.

Back to ZeroVert....

^ I am with STUPID!
LingPingChen

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:29:12 PM

98% shadow codebase copy-pasta from bitcoin, peercoin. Shadow fud team insecure hypocrite.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

This is not the SDC thread but credit where credit is due Shadow dev/team have delivered new open-source technology. Lets not get bent up on twisting facts regardless of the crypto currency and its followers actions.

Back to ZeroVert....

New open source not immunity from shadow fud team. You learn that coming up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: