Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Zerovert - First Truly & Only Anonymous Coin with Zerocoin | Mandatory Upgrade !  (Read 50926 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zerovert (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:05:44 AM

What is actually mined? Are they called ZeroVerts, or are the "zerocoins" ZeroVerts?

And when ZeroVert becomes a sidechain of VertCoin, and you want to use it, you will first convert VertCoins to ZeroVerts, and then to ZeroCoins, and then back to ZeroVerts, and then finally back to VertCoins?

It will be called "Zerovert", but you can "Mint" to change from Zerovert to Zerocoin, and "Spend" to redeem Zerovert from Zerocoin.
In the future, we will implement Sidechain with Vert, but currently we only do merge-mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:35:30 AM

? what happened to the old thread?

put the premine with escrows and have it released gradually to you over time

full ledger for the giveaway

2.5% of the coins being given over to trust is too much these days.

jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

What is actually mined? Are they called ZeroVerts, or are the "zerocoins" ZeroVerts?

And when ZeroVert becomes a sidechain of VertCoin, and you want to use it, you will first convert VertCoins to ZeroVerts, and then to ZeroCoins, and then back to ZeroVerts, and then finally back to VertCoins?

It will be called "Zerovert", but you can "Mint" to change from Zerovert to Zerocoin, and "Spend" to redeem Zerovert from Zerocoin.
In the future, we will implement Sidechain with Vert, but currently we only do merge-mining.

Hi,

and what about inflation model? Monocle type or why not to test something brand new?

for example: 2x increase of daily reward in case of 4x increase of difficulty Wink
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:12:37 AM

On which exchanges will be?
SpainCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 11:35:48 AM

If you have spend transactions more than mint, which is impossible, we will know that they are double spending occur in the network.
And who watches you?
By the way, what about the other shortcomings of zerocoin?

zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:03:12 PM

If you have spend transactions more than mint, which is impossible, we will know that they are double spending occur in the network.
And who watches you?
By the way, what about the other shortcomings of zerocoin?

Everyone can take a look at blockchain.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:52:40 PM

From the zerocoin.org FAQ:
Zerocash extensions can accommodate various choices of balance between accountability and privacy.

For instance, there are promising techniques for preventing money laundering without violating the privacy of legitimate users (e.g., CHL06). Roughly, the idea is to build the cryptographic protocol so that, once the total amount paid between any two users (over any number of payments) exceeds some public threshold, the payments are not private. Zerocash could incorporate such techniques (though the initial prototype does not do so).

More generally, the underlying zk-SNARK cryptographic proof machinery is flexible enough to enforce a wide range of policies. It can, for example, let users prove that they paid the taxes due on all transactions, without revealing those transactions, their amounts, or even the amount of taxes paid. As long as the policy can be specified by efficient “nondeterministic” computation, it can (in principle) be enforced using zk-SNARKs and added to Zerocash. This can help to verify and enforce a wide range of compliance and regulatory policies in manner that is non-invasive to privacy. Morever, once codified, policies will be enforced even in the presence of corrupt employees among the authorities.

http://zerocoin.org/q_and_a

This sounds like blatant centralised control to me. Does this apply to ZeroVert?
zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:58:04 PM

From the zerocoin.org FAQ:
Zerocash extensions can accommodate various choices of balance between accountability and privacy.

For instance, there are promising techniques for preventing money laundering without violating the privacy of legitimate users (e.g., CHL06). Roughly, the idea is to build the cryptographic protocol so that, once the total amount paid between any two users (over any number of payments) exceeds some public threshold, the payments are not private. Zerocash could incorporate such techniques (though the initial prototype does not do so).

More generally, the underlying zk-SNARK cryptographic proof machinery is flexible enough to enforce a wide range of policies. It can, for example, let users prove that they paid the taxes due on all transactions, without revealing those transactions, their amounts, or even the amount of taxes paid. As long as the policy can be specified by efficient “nondeterministic” computation, it can (in principle) be enforced using zk-SNARKs and added to Zerocash. This can help to verify and enforce a wide range of compliance and regulatory policies in manner that is non-invasive to privacy. Morever, once codified, policies will be enforced even in the presence of corrupt employees among the authorities.

http://zerocoin.org/q_and_a

This sounds like blatant centralised control to me. Does this apply to ZeroVert?

We don't implement Zerocash, We are implementing Zerocoin.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:03:04 PM

I personally do not see what the big deal is with a premine at 2% .... the devs have to have an incentive to continue development and pay bounties for additional support.
I would rather they had a premine which is public knowledge than this be an ICO or Instamine

^ I am with STUPID!
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:16:10 PM

I personally do not see what the big deal is with a premine at 2% .... the devs have to have an incentive to continue development and pay bounties for additional support.
I would rather they had a premine which is public knowledge than this be an ICO or Instamine
   That's it. After all, 2% allocated to ZeroVert Foundation for future development and improvements, .5% for free giveaways . This is much better than ICO or instamine.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:44:11 PM

zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:15:15 PM

.5% giveaway, we will provide the address that you can track on the Abe explorer.
rony_90

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:16:39 PM

So basically i will be mining vertcoin with merged mining enabled for zerovert?
or there will be whole new coin zerovert. I am mining vertcoin so how is this profitable ?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
KidKrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:32:48 PM

Hello Zerovert. How can I get some free give-away coins?! Many thanks, Voly.

Hey Voly. For our first giveaway we're looking to give away free coins to people that share about us on twitter or facebook. Feel free to qualify by clicking the "share on twitter" button here: http://zerovert.org/

Note though: For twitter and facebook, we'll have some heuristics to tell if you're a real person (time account was created, posts, ect)

Cheers

I shared it. Will you just send a link on the twitter page for the coins?

zerovert (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:35:31 PM

So basically i will be mining vertcoin with merged mining enabled for zerovert?
or there will be whole new coin zerovert. I am mining vertcoin so how is this profitable ?

You still can mine Vertcoin, and at the same time you will get Zerovert. If a pool that you mine support merge mining, you will get both Vert and Zerovert.

For example :

GPU 1 : 250 KH/s, Mining at a pool that doesn't support Merge mining, you will get only VTC or Zerovert like 5 VTC/day or 10 Zerovert/day
If you mine at P2Pool or MPOS pool that supports Merge Mining, you will get 5 VTC/day and 10 Zerovert/day.

dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:40:48 PM

Hey Voly. For our first giveaway we're looking to give away free coins to people that share about us on twitter or facebook. Feel free to qualify by clicking the "share on twitter" button here: http://zerovert.org/

Note though: For twitter and facebook, we'll have some heuristics to tell if you're a real person (time account was created, posts, ect)

Cheers

Maybe also do it via a Faucet? happy to set one up if needed dev.

^ I am with STUPID!
shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:47:00 PM

This is a pretty cool feat if actually implemented. Congrats on doing it if so.  Cool

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:47:59 PM

Cheers

tweeted as well Smiley Will write an article about this! @fevoe
HoY

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:52:03 PM

+1 For adding this in the upcoming VTC fork, and NOT creating a new coin out of it.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:57:05 PM

Tweeted:

https://twitter.com/heisenberghex/status/530009237242400769
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: