Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:24:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Zerovert - First Truly & Only Anonymous Coin with Zerocoin | Mandatory Upgrade !  (Read 50926 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:53:13 PM

its 10 minute blocks target time not 60 sec..   its been 3.5 hrs and theres ~180 blocks only. Half in first 30 min. Retargeting is trying to play catchup to the hash coming online.

It will take a long time to catch up with that 2.5% premine/210,010 coins

its ok we lived through this stuff before right? you want to be able to mine or pay for ICO, dev's gotta make money some how.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:55:04 PM

its 10 minute blocks target time not 60 sec..   its been 3.5 hrs and theres ~180 blocks only. Half in first 30 min. Retargeting is trying to play catchup to the hash coming online.

its ok we lived through this stuff before right? you want to be able to mine or pay for ICO, dev's gotta make money some how.

Damn...the devs coins will be the ONLY coins on the market for months. Glad to see people are starting to sniff this one out before people get burned...again.
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:58:08 PM

Damn...the devs coins will be the ONLY coins on the market for months. Glad to see people are starting to sniff this one out before people get burned...again.
depends when he sells Wink

ItsNotMe

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

depends when he sells Wink

6 months from now he will still have a 50% pre-mine...this scam is so overt its crazy.
BanditryAndLoot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:03:24 PM

Soo..4-5 month 2% IPO?

Do you think it really matters? I see that you have obvious discomfort with it and I'm sorry, but the reality is that even if all the premine coins get sold, the worst that can happen economically is that the price is cheap for months if nobody's on board with the idea.

You're still dealing with a potentially working implementation of ZeroCoin.

They could have IPO'd the entire 100%, but they didn't.

They could have IPO'd the eintre 2.5%, but they've set aside .5% of that for free giveaways.

The developer did all the work, did you expect to get rich?

There's far more to worry about than the price, if this is a working ZeroCoin implementation.

And it's only at the end of fall, that we discover it was naught but the wind that knew when one particular leaf was to fall from one particular tree, only to land in one distinct spot .. to be left for an eternity, and waste its time in a wait sublime. C0A2A1C4
daboehla

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:04:59 PM

anyone know how to add this coin into the merge mining p2pool in the virtual box ??
have p2pool from:
https://github.com/Paul-Bradley/EasyNode
Asura

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:06:07 PM

Soo..4-5 month 2% IPO?

Do you think it really matters? I see that you have obvious discomfort with it and I'm sorry, but the reality is that even if all the premine coins get sold, the worst that can happen economically is that the price is cheap for months if nobody's on board with the idea.

They could have IPO'd the eintre 2.5%, but they've set aside .5% of that for free giveaways.

There's far more to worry about than the price, if this is a working ZeroCoin implementation.

Zerocoin in itself isn't hard to implement. Fixing the flaws with it is.

Right now there is a coin with no source, claiming to have a working ZeroCoin implementation, without any notification of whether or not the major issues behind it have been corrected or not. On top of this, the massive premine, with no external sources to confirm if it's legit or not?

It's pretty obvious this is a scam for a few easy BTC.
ItsNotMe

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:07:00 PM

Soo..4-5 month 2% IPO?

This is not zerocoin "implementation"...this is a "do it yourself" project. - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=846471.msg9449600#msg9449600
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:10:14 PM

setting the premine aside. looks like we have to mint each zerocoin(ZER) from our zerovert (zVert) easy process. if anyone is afraid of CLI usage GET OUT OF ALTCOINS!.  then setup a raw transaction.  So what happens when we want to pay someone 100 ZER we have to mint 100 individually then string along a huge input list? Clarity plz & thx.
PS im sure someone will implement a quick easy button assuming everythign works out here and is proven Cheesy

BanditryAndLoot

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:10:25 PM

Zerocoin in itself isn't hard to implement. Fixing the flaws with it is.
That's what I meant by 'there's other things to worry about'

Right now there is a coin with no source, claiming to have a working ZeroCoin implementation, without any notification of whether or not the major issues behind it have been corrected or not.
That's what I meant by 'if this is a working ZeroCoin implementation'

On top of this, the massive premine,
So, two people disagree with the premine, and at least three agree with it that I know of. That's fine.

Then don't buy it. If it's a scam, they'll fade away. Unless you have proof?

And it's only at the end of fall, that we discover it was naught but the wind that knew when one particular leaf was to fall from one particular tree, only to land in one distinct spot .. to be left for an eternity, and waste its time in a wait sublime. C0A2A1C4
spacelab

Activity: 528
Merit: 250

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 09:11:53 PM

Lol wtf is up with rental prices. 13btc/gh wtfwtfwtf
Asura

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:12:32 PM

Hard to prove it's fake when he hasn't released the source to be examined.
Hard to prove it's real when he hasn't released the source to be examined.
BanditryAndLoot

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:13:56 PM

This is not zerocoin "implementation"...this is a "do it yourself" project. - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=846471.msg9449600#msg9449600

Yes I saw your protracted version of the main site, which I've already seen.

It looks like their ZeroCoin implementation hasn't been integrated with the wallet software, to which you should be asking the question: Hey dev, when you go open source, will you be integrating your ZeroCoin implementation with the wallet software.

and not: OMG scam, I have to type things into the COMMAND LINE with this alpha-level software.

I'm wondering how, when I've spent the last day going over this, and have been able to draw no conclusions about the efficacy of this project, how you've managed to come to these conclusions?

BanditryAndLoot

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:15:00 PM

Hard to prove it's fake when he hasn't released the source to be examined.
Hard to prove it's real when he hasn't released the source to be examined.

I agree with you, and advocate that you don't spend any money on it then, if that makes you feel uncomfortable.

I'm in the same boat as you here, don't forget that.

4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:30:01 PM

I will definitely be following this thread.  I will wait to put money into it until some more details are released. 
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:34:01 PM

its 10 minute blocks target time not 60 sec..   its been 3.5 hrs and theres ~180 blocks only. Half in first 30 min. Retargeting is trying to play catchup to the hash coming online.

Plus 120 confirms, so about a little less than a full day for confirmations, now that the difficulty is having an easier time keeping up with the hashrate.

So all coins on sale at c-cex are from premine?
BanditryAndLoot

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:35:49 PM

its 10 minute blocks target time not 60 sec..   its been 3.5 hrs and theres ~180 blocks only. Half in first 30 min. Retargeting is trying to play catchup to the hash coming online.

Plus 120 confirms, so about a little less than a full day for confirmations, now that the difficulty is having an easier time keeping up with the hashrate.

The dev would have to answer that.

There are 197 blocks now, so if the premine was in block 1, then theres 196 minus 120 blocks of coins out there right now .. so 760 coins or so

There's 208 coins on there now for sale

The reason theres almost 200 blocks is because the difficulty retargeting algorithm takes a little while to catch up to the hashrate, so for the first day or so, the blocks will be less than ten minutes.

So far, we're averaging 278 minutes/197 blocks, so 1 minute and 24.6 seconds per block. It should correct within the next day or so, as the hashrate stabilizes and people get their miners hooked up.

Sorry again for the last edit: the average blocks per day should be ~144, after it stabilizes, with a 10 minute block time.

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:42:37 PM

I could put my coins on a flash drive and hand carry it to someone in China and it would be faster and easier than all those steps.
ItsNotMe

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:43:28 PM

I could put my coins on a flash drive and hand carry it to someone in China and it would be faster and easier than all those steps.
FedEx?
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:51:55 PM

its 120 to maturity, we are on block 200. the first 80 ish blocks were mined in the first 30 minutes. there could be potentially 800 on bittrex at this time. looks like 500 changed hands last I looked, if someone instamined and unloaded at the 30k buywall, and the buyer plans to resell at 800k, then the 150 for sale there is what we are seeing now. thats a quick profit!

*Edit, if i mined some early blocks id be screwing around with minting ZER not delivering them to c-cex!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: