Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely!  (Read 108379 times)
ITVS

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:23:01 PM

Because sometimes gift cards are bought from stolen/hacked visa card and it can be potentially unusable.

True, 1 of my cards comes from with an amazon receipt - the other I can vouch for /guarantee.
I'm trying to find a reliable trusted escrow so buyer knows it is safe.
There must be some reason AGC is used /traded.

For example we can take amazon gift cards.

Don't understand this comment.

I'm open to any trade, as long as someone pays the minimum I've stated. It just doesn't make sense if the escrow fee is a large portion (or larger) than your trade.

Yeah as you said your 0.03 min is below my trade amount Sad

Well...I'll be patient Smiley
Anyone out there willing to help?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 03:10:13 PM

Because sometimes gift cards are bought from stolen/hacked visa card and it can be potentially unusable.

True, 1 of my cards comes from with an amazon receipt - the other I can vouch for /guarantee.
I'm trying to find a reliable trusted escrow so buyer knows it is safe.
There must be some reason AGC is used /traded.

Every seller says they are selling legit items. No offence.

For example we can take amazon gift cards.

Don't understand this comment.
  -snip-

You(seller) can redeem gift card before buyer uses and accuse buyer/escrow or buyer can redeem gift card and says you(seller) or escrow redeemed it. There would be no way for seller to prove he hasn't used (in former case) or for you to prove you haven't redeemed it (in second case). Essentially, even if escrow is used, it's very risky for all parties including escrow. Why escrow? Because once above mentioned happens, whom should escrow send bitcoins to? Buyer or seller? They would be called a "bad" escrow regardless of whom they sent bitcoins to! Who would want to risk their or services' hard-earned reputation for a meager amount(fee)?

Theneogeo

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:44:09 PM

waiting for ognasty to message me for escrow transaction Smiley
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:11:54 PM

waiting for ognasty to message me for escrow transaction Smiley

Its unlikely that OgNasty will check this thread! Post in his thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303281.0.

Anybody else who want to contact with escrow providers, please PM them or post in their thread.

CoinTek

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:21:39 PM

I know this is an old thread but what caused some of these escrows to close?  If anyone can point me to the reasons and causes I would like to learn as I do plan on launching my own escrow service but for small businesses not just with bitcoin community.  You learn more from the failures than the successes. Smiley
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 08:02:28 PM

I know this is an old thread but what caused some of these escrows to close?  If anyone can point me to the reasons and causes I would like to learn as I do plan on launching my own escrow service but for small businesses not just with bitcoin community.  You learn more from the failures than the successes. Smiley

Almost all of them closes their service because they don't have enough time! A few were removed/closed after escrow scammed.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:04:16 PM

Too much work for too little pay. Or more hassle than it's worth. I set a minimum so I don't ignore anyone who is willing to pay that minimum. I also don't get too many.

The others got tired because they are just asking for tips and they didn't get enough. They were treating escrow as if you are a food server and rely on tips to make it worthwhile; food servers don't like tips below 15% in some countries, us bitcoin (and altcoin) escrows get 1% ~ 2% or less. Some continue to offer their services for altruistic reasons.

GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:33:35 PM

Too much work for too little pay. Or more hassle than it's worth. I set a minimum so I don't ignore anyone who is willing to pay that minimum. I also don't get too many.

The others got tired because they are just asking for tips and they didn't get enough. They were treating escrow as if you are a food server and rely on tips to make it worthwhile; food servers don't like tips below 15% in some countries, us bitcoin (and altcoin) escrows get 1% ~ 2% or less. Some continue to offer their services for altruistic reasons.

So with confusion over OGNasty and MinerJones and a bunch of other peoples reputability recently, who is the go-to for escrow right now? I'm assuming any staff such as yourself would offer a trustworthy escrow service to someone if they asked and would be willing to tip nicely? 
egetrorx

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 10:47:29 AM

need escrow to buy amazon merch account

SISA

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

PRE - SALE ON OCT 20th

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:35:24 PM

It is one of the good options but you need to build a lot of trust in the community, without trust score no one will accept you as an escrow. After developing your website you need to open the thread for escrow services in this way you may build trust by doing legit transactions in between the people.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:02:38 PM

So with confusion over OGNasty and MinerJones and a bunch of other peoples reputability recently, who is the go-to for escrow right now? I'm assuming any staff such as yourself would offer a trustworthy escrow service to someone if they asked and would be willing to tip nicely? 

I don't know, used to be John K? And OG. They are reliable so long as you understand what the terms of release are. But more than the escrow, the other party you are trading with is just as important. I've also worked with SebastianJu on a number of multi-sig contracts, in the ICO space. In this case, the other party is a coin dev and conditions are identifiable milestones. The "tip" is usually specified for everyone to see, but investors and the devs don't really care that much if it is reasonable and it increases the chance of higher or more contributions.

Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 06:17:15 AM

Reserve for future use, or information needed for escrow service like.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:57:27 PM

Hi everyone, just started my escrow service: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2171003.new#new

Shoot me a PM if you need my service Smiley
W!ll!am

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:03:01 AM

how to have escrow with accounts (newbie here)

i need to buy account
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6178

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:22:56 AM

how to have escrow with accounts (newbie here)

i need to buy account

After you find an account seller that agree to your terms, contact the escrow (from the list), and seller at once (in the same private message) with the details and wait for a response.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2222

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

Reserve for future use, or information needed for escrow service like.

On page 35?

No one will see it in a few more posts...

BattleTitans

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:13:24 AM

Hi all! We looking to 2 additional independent advisers on the real project. Pls answer to PM. Thanks
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:43:00 PM

Can somebody explain how this escrow "service" is ?
I would like to know the steps in order to be a good and trusty escrow.

This is because I would like to be one, I can see all of them have PGP signatures. I bet there is a procedure with signed messages.

Please escrows explain your good practices Smiley
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2222

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:05:49 AM

Can somebody explain how this escrow "service" is ?
I would like to know the steps in order to be a good and trusty escrow.

This is because I would like to be one, I can see all of them have PGP signatures. I bet there is a procedure with signed messages.

Please escrows explain your good practices Smiley

Do some trades so people can get a feel for how transparent you are.  (Using multiple wallet address makes it harder to gauge how genuine you are, so try to use the same wallet address)

Practice signing messages both with BitCoin and PGP/GPG

Read some of the previous messages in this thread, those suggestions are still as relevant now as when they were written.

Get others to sign your PGP key (that's more tricky than it sounds)

If you get caught out creating sock puppets to give the illusion you've had successful trades, then your UID alts and yourself will get Red Paint TM that doesn't get removed (not even at Rapture)

Same goes for if you buy a UID to use as an Escrow account...

qqr

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:43:21 PM

hello
please guide me
sorry if my question in wrong forum i ask here because want to trade safe
my perfect money is 0$ but my friend have paypal account so i am  looking for trust member that give paypal from my friend then convert it to my perfect money i hope you guide me
thank you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: