Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376938 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:46:35 PM

Has anyone the 28000Btc gaw adress?? The recent btc drop might be gaw cashing out.

I'm sorry to make an example out of you but this is exactly why GAW is so successful. People don't read and don't think. GAW never had an address with 28k BTC in it. There is an address that had received 28k (34k by now) but there wasn't any large amount in it at any given time.

https://blockchain.info/address/1P62VZZ9kL97dzzcWhG7JZDssaW2MDgn82
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:55:30 PM

Ok, so say I make something that violates the terms of service of amazon and sell it to thousands of people. The people using it get in trouble but I get off free as a bird?

It goes back to the age old argument:  Do guns kill people, or do people who use guns kill people?

That's not how it works my friends Wink and regardless of how you read the ToS they're actually interfering with the transactions of the website, not just doing a Google search. LOL how delusional are these shills? Ignored, but feel free to post your useless rebuttal for other people to read. I have no need for futile bickering. I have all the photographic proof I need. Have a good day shills (or should I say Homero Joshua Garza's secondary accounts).

That is how it works.  When *YOU* accept the TOS from Walmart, *YOU* are entering a legal contract with Walmart that *YOU* will obey their terms.  GAW did not enter that contract.

Wrong. GAW will have entered into that contract because they are the entity making the purchase on the Walmart or other website on their account and then having the item dropshipped to the buyer. It is a lame scheme.

you do understand this is the same way paypal has been operating since early 2000's?

No. PayPal doesn't drop ship, PayPal processes payments. PayPal has actual agreements with merchants. Sites are implementing calls to PayPal APIs, not the other way around. Some sites, like Amazon don't use PayPal because they are their own payment processor, so using some other third party like GAW is highly unlikely.

The fact that GAW is using this plugin is an obvious indication that they DON'T have direct partnerships with the websites, because this is the most moronic way of providing a checkout service and no sane retailer should allow this - due to security, reliability, customer support, and probably a dozen other issues.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:59:50 PM

Why are they having so many issues with the paycoin pool if they have been running pools for months?

What issues?  They had a hardfork... not the first time that's happened.

Come on now... nothing to do with the hard fork. Their Paycoin pool doesn't even work anymore, and the brief period when it did accept shares it didn't pay out and had to be "manually reconciled". This is a company that supposedly had massive pools running for months. One of the biggest red flags, but then again, we don't care about technical details as long as someone's dangling $20 in front of us? Let's wait and see how that works out.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:08:37 PM

News: XPY again available for only $20 direct from the Paycoin site! Get em while their hot GAWspell Believers!

Last night on the Tinychat session Josh remarked about "Selling all of the Paycoins they could @ $20 " and had to remove the offer . I asked him this:

I watched him read it and instantly smirk and start giggling uncontrollably. Seconds later he bailed from the conversation.

Sometimes it can be hard, even for a really professional and hardened Con-Man, to not laugh about the people he is fooling.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:11:00 PM

Guys have a look here we might be getting a new member when the banhammer comes down. He used the ponzi word.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/20323/paycoin-hashstaker-your-roi-profit-example-round-1-updated-for-primes-easy-calc/230

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:11:41 PM

[interesting stuff about how Zink/GAW plug in works deleted for brevity and to focus on the following claim:]

you do understand this is the same way paypal has been operating since early 2000's?

No its not.  Paypal has two modes of operation:  

(1) the seller/store wants to accept paypal, so they download a paypal "payment" widget and javascript code, and the seller/store agrees to abide by seller terms & conditions; it is pretty clear this is NOT what GAW is doing or else they would not need Zinc.

(2) you can send a payment to anyone on earth with an email address, BUT the recipient still needs to "accept" the payment manually, give Paypal account information to get the payment to transfer to the recipient's account (or get a paper check which takes a week), and agree to Paypal's terms and conditions.  No way is ANY e-commerce business going to do that.

What Zinc did (GAW proposes to do) is interpose a middle-man.  The middle-man takes your Bitcoin/Paycoin and converts it into fiat, then the middle-man makes the purchase on his/her own account but putting your address in as the shipping address.  The "man in the middle" approach creates lots of problems that Amazon, Walmart, etc. will NEVER want to deal with: returns, customer service, shipping issues, etc. all have to be handled through the "man in the middle".  While the customer does not realize there is a "man in the middle" and gets mad at the online retailer... so that is why the TOS of every major e-commerce company prohibits this type of thing.   It is not what Paypal does, nor what Paypal ever did.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
vabchgent

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:17:02 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 06:29:48 PM by vabchgent

[interesting stuff about how Zink/GAW plug in works deleted for brevity and to focus on the following claim:]

No its not.  Paypal has two modes of operation:  

(1) the seller/store wants to accept paypal, so they download a paypal "payment" widget and javascript code, and the seller/store agrees to abide by seller terms & conditions; it is pretty clear this is NOT what GAW is doing or else they would not need Zinc.

(2) you can send a payment to anyone on earth with an email address, BUT the recipient still needs to "accept" the payment manually, give Paypal account information to get the payment to transfer to the recipient's account (or get a paper check which takes a week), and agree to Paypal's terms and conditions.  No way is ANY e-commerce business going to do that.

What Zinc did (GAW proposes to do) is interpose a middle-man.  The middle-man takes your Bitcoin/Paycoin and converts it into fiat, then the middle-man makes the purchase on his/her own account but putting your address in as the shipping address.  The "man in the middle" approach creates lots of problems that Amazon, Walmart, etc. will NEVER want to deal with: returns, customer service, shipping issues, etc. all have to be handled through the "man in the middle".  While the customer does not realize there is a "man in the middle" and gets mad at the online retailer... so that is why the TOS of every major e-commerce company prohibits this type of thing.   It is not what Paypal does, nor what Paypal ever did.

Someone needs to explain the diffrence between a middle man and a Financial exchange or a financial service provider. GAW is definetly not registered as a Financial exchange right now. But If there going to do business as a financial exchange in the US they need to register and make it legit as GAWCEO would put it.

FINCEN=Financial Crimes Enforcement network
MSB= Money service business
KYC=Know your Customer

GAW is not registered with them but are trying to run a exchange in the US

Rules on Virtual Currency exchanges
http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

Kraken -Coinbase - Cryptsy -Circle are on the list

I am just hoping one of the HT people see this and not say well GAW has lawyers to get around this. There is no getting around this if you are legit.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

Paul Revere

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:25:08 PM

With this fancy Paycoin Plugin will people be able to convert Paycoin into fiat and buy Bitcoin from my listing on Ebay!? GAWsome!  Grin

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:38:53 PM

[clip for brevity]

Someone needs to explain the diffrence between a middle man and a Financial exchange or a financial service provider. GAW is definetly not registered as a Financial exchange right now. But If there going to do business as a financial exchange in the US they need to register and make it legit as GAWCEO would put it.

There are five "roles" and its good to keep them separate, though they can overlap if one party carries out more than one role (Paypal - see below):

(1) Customer who wants to buy something.

(2) Retailer who wants to sell something to Customer.

(3) Man in the Middle - a person or entity who purchases directly from Retailer and pays Retailer in fiat, and takes XPY/BTC from Customer

(4) Payment Processor (Paypal, Visa, etc.) -- an entity that allows an Account Holder (which could be Customer or Man in the Middle) to make a payment to a Retailer via a line of credit or debit from banking account.

(5) A Financial Institution - issues a line of credit and/or holds funds in a banking account for another party (Customer or Man in the Middle).  In the case of VISA/Mastercard etc. they are linked to Payment Processor via complex agreements.  NOTE that Paypal is in most cases BOTH a Payment Processor AND Financial Institution (part of the genius of Paypal).

Okay, with the definitions in place consider the two different scenarios when Customer purchases an item from Retailer:

SCENARIO A: Zinc/GAW's Man in the Middle

Takes BTC/XPY and order information from a Customer;

Submits order **under the Man in the Middle account** with Retailer, but specifying Customer's shipping address for order;

Pays Retailer in fiat;

Retailer ships to shipping address which happens to be Customer address;

Any returns or customer service issues must be handled between Retailer and Man in the Middle, since Retailer has no idea who Customer is except as a shipping address.

Note that Man in the Middle likely uses a Payment Processor to facilitate payment, but the Payment Processor account will be in the name of the Man in the Middle also.  

SCENARIO B: Purchase Made Via Payment Processor

Customer submits order directly to Retailer on Customer's own account;

Customer pays for order using Payment Processor;

Retailer and Payment Processor have a long, complex agreement that allows Retailer to accept Payment Processor services and typically includes things like forcing Retailer to agree to reversal of transactions (chargebacks), dispute resolution in the case of a chargeback, information security requirements, prohibition on certain types of sales, maintenance of commercial banking accounts for chargeback purposes, etc.

Payment Processor issues credits to Retailer account at the Retailer Financial Institution, and debits Customer's account (line of credit/bank account) at the Customer's Financial Institution.

Retailer ships items to Customer and handles customer service issues, returns, etc. directly with Customer.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:48:58 PM

If paycoins are worth 20, why don't they scoop up all these 7 dollar coins to put 13 bucks in their pocket?

Why would they reward dumpers?  Wouldn't they rather reward their faithful paybase users with the wall?

I don't think you understood the question.

There are coins out there that are supposedly valued at $20 each, selling in an exchange for $7. If you believe the $20 hype, then these wild coins are extremely undervalued.

If GAW buys the cheap coins and takes them out of circulation, they have just saved themselves $13 they have to pay out to someone who cashes that coin in on their $20 wall. That seems like common sense.

Look at it this way.  Say there will be 500K coins out in circulation by end of POW.  And GAW expects another 500K of dumping from customers at paybase.  Why would they eat into their own reserves to reward dumpers (GAW is still losing $7 of their reserve per coin to the dumpers)... when they can just buoy their own customer base at the $20 promised?  The miner/dumpers will have to take their low sell bids off of the exchanges and take them to paybase to get $20 per coin.  Removing the low sell bids from the exchanges can increase the value of the remaining coins on the exchanges.

What gets me is that all these GAWites want to buy these cheap coins so they can turn them around for $20 later. They are not doing it to protect Paycoin, they are doing it to cash in... just like everybody else... They are all hypocrites, claiming to protect Paycoin so they can exploit it later. So who is doing more damage now, eh?

I'm in it for the money.  Any honest-with-themselves bitcoiner will tell you the same.

I did buy one coin from an exchange to see if the wallet in Zen would accept it.  I don't like to play the trading game.
puwaha

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:55:00 PM

Why are they having so many issues with the paycoin pool if they have been running pools for months?

What issues?  They had a hardfork... not the first time that's happened.

Come on now... nothing to do with the hard fork. Their Paycoin pool doesn't even work anymore, and the brief period when it did accept shares it didn't pay out and had to be "manually reconciled". This is a company that supposedly had massive pools running for months. One of the biggest red flags, but then again, we don't care about technical details as long as someone's dangling $20 in front of us? Let's wait and see how that works out.

Teething pains with a new coin, I guess.  It's not like pools don't have technical problems.

GAW quickly dissolved it's pool when enough others had come online.  Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth here if they kept on with their own pool and the naysayers and boo-birds here claiming "foul"... they control more than 51% of the hashing power.
Paul Revere

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:01:42 PM

And yet you are buying into a pool where the people holding the majority of the coins control 100% of the hashing power. Forever.  I guess it's true: You can lead a horse to water, but good luck getting him to THINK.

puwaha

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:10:17 PM

And yet you are buying into a pool where the people holding the majority of the coins control 100% of the hashing power. Forever.

I don't quite get what you are saying here.  "Buying into a pool... hashing power..."  I'm not mining paycoins.
Paul Revere

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:17:09 PM

I have no doubt that you do not understand what I am saying, that is quite obvious. The entire Paycoin mining system is in essence a single pool controlled by GAW, which is the primary coin holder. It does not matter what fancy catch phrases are used to describe it.

The difference between what Josh is doing and stealing candy from a baby is that a baby will cry when the Grinch steals his lollipop. Those under the GAWspell will stick up for the Grinch.

vabchgent

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:17:26 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 07:28:46 PM by vabchgent

Looks like they are trying to get registered. They still dont have a away around the KYC rules.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/24217/gawceo-can-you-update-us-on-if-and-when-we-can-use-pay-coin-to-buy-for-the-holiday/23

Think there is nothing there to save them now let alone on the 22nd or when we cash our HP out for XPY.

I honestly feel bad for these people myself will probably be included in this Since I do have HP to convert. They see the righting on the wall. Wonder when they are going to figure out no future with this one.

Looks like west/nice is slowing down too. Think there starting to run out of btc for rentals.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:21:15 PM

Gaw did not, or does not now hold a 100% of the hashing power in the pool,one of the reasons the coin forked was that people were throwing so much power at the pool it overtook Gaw and caused a fork

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:26:59 PM

Looks like they are trying to get registered. They still dont have a away around the KYC rules.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/24217/gawceo-can-you-update-us-on-if-and-when-we-can-use-pay-coin-to-buy-for-the-holiday/23

LOL... delay tactics, Josh blaming the lack of KYC details on no regulatory clarity. If this was an issue than than it should have been sorted out before the IPO launch, but this makes for a perfect cover. I can already see Josh making a gracious announcement that he was able to strong arm his lawyers into allowing some of the funds to be released without KYC because he is so great where most of the paycoins will never see the 20 usd payout until the lawyers and regulators figure out the mess which will never happen.

Watching this slow moving train wreck of a ponzi unfold is both fascinating and depressing.

Paul Revere

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

Gaw did not, or does not now hold a 100% of the hashing power in the pool,one of the reasons the coin forked was that people were throwing so much power at the pool it overtook Gaw and caused a fork

Umm, that ends tomorrow Einstein. After that they will indeed control 100% of the "pool" hashing power.

I am more convinced that Idiocracy is upon us every time I read one of these posts written by someone who is completely oblivious to what is going on, yet is convinced they are Wile E Coyote, Super Genius.

Oh, and to get the honor of being able to mine in this pool , all you have to do is buy one of these and "stick coins in it". for a long period of time.

Never mind that these cute little machines are nothing more than a fancy CAD rendering and do not actually exist.

bitbollox

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:28:23 PM

I for one believe that paycoin is a con and got banned from hashtalk for saying so, unfortunately I didnt realise till I had bought some coin then when I transferred them to my zen cloud xpy wallet they went missing (now on 840 conformations!) now are these the actions of someone who is legitimate!   Angry
vabchgent

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:30:47 PM

I for one believe that paycoin is a con and got banned from hashtalk for saying so unfortunately I didnt realise till I had bought some coin then when I transferred them to my zen cloud xpy wallet they went missing (now on 840 conformations!) now are these the actions of someone who is legitimate!  Angry[/size][/size][/size]

Welcome to the uncensored GAW discussion. Please read a few pages and decide for your self how bad a GAW investment really is. Most of it is truth backed up by fact.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: