Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376980 times)
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:56:54 PM

What does the "staking" achieve, and what does it do for the 96% or whatever gaw premined if they are staked?

Keeps them off the markets, creates scarcity, and uses natural forces of supply/demand to keep prices up.

Scarity with the inflation on this coin? lol
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:57:05 PM

I'm not missing the point.  You guys are missing the point that GAW doesn't have to buy any coins.  They already have the coins they need to fulfill the HP->XPY conversion.  Please acknowledge that you understand this before moving on.

Yes, you are correct. GAW *does not* need to buy any coins to fund their HP->XPY conversion. That was accounted for in the premine.

What do *you* think all the people who have been buying up coin at $4-$7 are going to do with it? Sit on it? Stake it?

Some will move them to paybase and  buy some crap, some will convert to BTC and walk away, some will wait until Jan 15th to convert to USD and walk away, some will stake in their home wallets, and some will stake in their hashstakers.  There's a lot of moving parts here that you all seem to think will only happen one way.

vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:58:09 PM

The pay coin is in Zencloud from the HP conversion but you cant withdrawal it. Typical GAW

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
wdl1908

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:58:23 PM

I got your point the first time you explained it. I know how it works. Now let's assume GAW goes on the other exchanges and imposes a floor of $20 what will all of you say then? Then you got another point to attack GAW with MARKET MANIPULATION. I'm I correct? Oh yes I'm correct. So GAW does not do this because you people will have another reason to bash them.

This is not about the floor. It's about common sense. Cheap coins - GAW should buy them. No need to lift it all the way to $20, just buy them up cheap, before they come to Paybase to be sold at $20.

TBH, for all we know they might already be doing that, just not admitting publicly. That is if the floor is real.

The dispute is around puwaha's denial that it makes sense for GAW to do that because "they don't need" THOSE coins. That's irrelevant, if they have the obligation to buy ALL coins.

They really don't need those coins because they already have them. And yeah maybe GAW is buying XPY at low prices if you see the last hour on coin-swap the price is slowly rising. But another thing why would they deplete theri funds at vuying coins cheap a lot of people are going to have a lot of coins so in the immediate future nobody will buy coins at $20 from paybase so does it not make sense that GAW is saving it's fund to keep the wall up on paybase instead of buying cheap coins that will sit there for a number of days because the XPY is send to the customers.
interstellar

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:58:44 PM

You still haven't explained why they need to buy any coin from an exchange to prop up a floor that simply doesn't exist until paybase is opened.  They are just wasting money to buy coins they don't need.

I give up. This has been explained to you numerous times, I'm not quite sure why you're still so adamantly denying simple math. $5 < $20.

I think his whole purpose here is just to annoy us actually. Ignore if he bugs you.
jfabritz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:59:28 PM

Except... you still haven't explained *why* they need to buy those coins from the exchanges for $5.  Then they will be accused of price manipulation and owning 100% of the coins in existence.  Just more fodder for what you are trying to do here.

So the hypothetical $7.5M out of GAW's pocket is the price they pay *not* to look like they are manipulating the coin?

bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:59:54 PM

You still haven't explained why they need to buy any coin from an exchange to prop up a floor that simply doesn't exist until paybase is opened.  They are just wasting money to buy coins they don't need.

I give up. This has been explained to you numerous times, I'm not quite sure why you're still so adamantly denying simple math. $5 < $20.

Please put him on permanent IGNORE. I temporarily took him off and I paid the price. You just can't get through to some people. They're are either too ignorant or too arrogant to admit it. I think this clown is actually just that ignorant.
puwaha

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:00:39 AM

I am new to PoS systems .. never followed Peercoin much.  So feel free to send me to a link that explains this, but as a programmer I am interested in how this works generally and in Paycoin specifically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake

Where does the 5% APY come from?

It's the algorithm programmed into the wallet and the coin ecosystem.

Presumably new coins?  What is the verification process for this?  Miners have to check each and every wallet address to calculate the time they sat unused, and then award new coins for unused wallet address balances?

Luckily, no.  The wallet keeps track of this for you.

Does this calculation happen each block?  That would seem to put an enormous strain on mining as the block chain grows and wallet addresses multiply (Big O time would be polynomial I am pretty sure, which would limit growth of the system very substantially). 

Timestamps.  The verification of the newly minted coins in POS would require block processing time, but it's pretty automatic.

interstellar

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:01:46 AM

I'm not missing the point.  You guys are missing the point that GAW doesn't have to buy any coins.  They already have the coins they need to fulfill the HP->XPY conversion.  Please acknowledge that you understand this before moving on.

Yes, you are correct. GAW *does not* need to buy any coins to fund their HP->XPY conversion. That was accounted for in the premine.

What do *you* think all the people who have been buying up coin at $4-$7 are going to do with it? Sit on it? Stake it?

Some will move them to paybase and  buy some crap, some will convert to BTC and walk away, some will wait until Jan 15th to convert to USD and walk away, some will stake in their home wallets, and some will stake in their hashstakers.  There's a lot of moving parts here that you all seem to think will only happen one way.

No, when you are talking about percentages on millions of coins, ALL of these are huge.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:02:57 AM

Except... you still haven't explained *why* they need to buy those coins from the exchanges for $5.  Then they will be accused of price manipulation and owning 100% of the coins in existence.  Just more fodder for what you are trying to do here.

So the hypothetical $7.5M out of GAW's pocket is the price they pay *not* to look like they are manipulating the coin?

Shucks! So tossing money in the toilet is how to succeed at business? And here I have been trying to outlay as little as possible for the potential return for the past 30 years....

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
puwaha

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:03:49 AM

As soon as they complete the HP->XPY conversion, they are going to need a shitload of BTC to cover those who decide to cash out their XPY.

Then they are going to need another shitload of BTC to cover all the miners who held their coin to cash out their XPY.

Then they are going to need yet another shitload of BTC to cover all the speculators (ie, mostly their own cultists) who bought XPY on the exchanges in hopes of arbitrage.

That my friend is going to be a hell of a lot of BTC going out the door on monday so they better have a damn big BTC wallet ready to go.

Yep... they are going to need a lot of BTC.  But they have been mining it in reserve in return for the HP for a while now.

I think you guys forget, that there will be a limit on how much BTC you can take out of Paybase without verification.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:04:05 AM

How big is the wallet for XPY right now,I know BTC wallet is 29gig ATM & LTC is 3.8gig.Not sure if I have enough room on my main PC  Roll Eyes

Also,do I need the wallet Huh  I thought there was going to be web based wallet or something like that............my XPY will be should show on my Zencloud acct first,after being swapped for my HP.

Just want to be ready to dump & do it correctly the first time,I have a habit of screwin things up  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
interstellar

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:06:16 AM

As soon as they complete the HP->XPY conversion, they are going to need a shitload of BTC to cover those who decide to cash out their XPY.

Then they are going to need another shitload of BTC to cover all the miners who held their coin to cash out their XPY.

Then they are going to need yet another shitload of BTC to cover all the speculators (ie, mostly their own cultists) who bought XPY on the exchanges in hopes of arbitrage.

That my friend is going to be a hell of a lot of BTC going out the door on monday so they better have a damn big BTC wallet ready to go.

Yep... they are going to need a lot of BTC.  But they have been mining it in reserve in return for the HP for a while now.

I think you guys forget, that there will be a limit on how much BTC you can take out of Paybase without verification.

Homero just said there's no floor any time soon, so this discussion is moot for now actually.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:08:04 AM

I think his whole purpose here is just to annoy us actually. Ignore if he bugs you.

Doesn't bother me one bit, and to be fair he/she made a few valid points, just that "don't need those coins" part doesn't make sense. But then again, "everything changes" (tm) with this announcement:

https://hashtalk.org/topic/24296

tldr: start bringing in the $20 floor over time

http://i.snag.gy/QvrKw.jpg
https://archive.today/lKheK
puwaha

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:09:03 AM

Now... if you don't understand that they don't have to buy back all those coins because of natural market forces (arbitrage, and home stakers), then you will most likely never understand.

Finances are never as black and white as you imagine them to be.

Cool GIF, bro.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:09:58 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 12:23:16 AM by Paul Revere

How big is the wallet for XPY right now,I know BTC wallet is 29gig ATM & LTC is 3.8gig.Not sure if I have enough room on my main PC  Roll Eyes

Also,do I need the wallet Huh  I thought there was going to be web based wallet or something like that............my XPY will be should show on my Zencloud acct first,after being swapped for my HP.

Just want to be ready to dump & do it correctly the first time,I have a habit of screwin things up  Cheesy

I have the wallet but never used it. I sent all of my mined XPY to Coin-swap. No problems. I would only bother getting the wallet if you plan on holding for a long period of time.

Also: Just read the latest delay announcement from Josh. I am so shocked, they are not going to pay $20 for XPY on Monday? Huh, that is totally unexpected. This here may be his "gift" to anyone who is paying attention:

It’s important that we do not “rush” through the legal process or the testing phase of Paybase, but I know many of you were counting on some extra cash for the holidays, so we found a good compromise.

We just finished running some tests. I am proud to announce we will be releasing the Paycoins you have earned so far tonight.

I think you all should be able to get the upside to Paycoin now if you need to cash some out or if you’re a trader. We looked and the current XPY rates and thought,

“Wow, at the current rate it would equal a 10X earning from the mining you have been doing over the last few weeks, as compared to other pools."

Paybase is on track, so I know many of you will want to wait until then, but, it’s important to have a choice!

Translation: They are going to "release" coins to HTrs so they have the choice of dumping them tonight for 1/4 of his promised price. OR you can wait for Paybase to be rolled out at some undefined point in the future, at which point you may or may not be able to cash your XPY in for $20. I predict a massive dump tonight as those who have a little common sense decide to take 1 bird now rather than wait for a potential 4 birds as promised. What a complete and absolute con man.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:10:39 AM

The pay coin is in Zencloud from the HP conversion but you cant withdrawal it. Typical GAW

Well hey, that's a start though.
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:12:55 AM

He is itching to tie this never ending delay into the elaborate verification and legalization process that he and his incredible new ground breaking coin will have to navigate in order to do it right...
jfabritz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:13:44 AM

Coin-swap candlesticks trending downward at 18:20 EST on indication of XPY flood coming soon courtesy of GAW.

Nice...  Flood the market, reduce the value, snatch up those coins via proxies and bury them in off-line wallets never to see the light of day again.

(that's how I would go about it anyway Cool)

I don't think we will see $20 coin for months now based on the latest annoucement. How long is this testing period on Paybase anyway?
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:15:03 AM

He is itching to tie this never ending delay into the elaborate verification and legalization process that he and his incredible new ground breaking coin will have to navigate in order to do it right...

Yeah but there is no way in hell I'm giving this group of fuck-ups my personal information. They aren't legally allowed to collect this information nor do they even have to.
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: