Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 125849 times)
AlexNeto

Activity: 658
Merit: 536

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 10:02:34 PM

Just wondering - why don't you enable feedbacks for escrowed trades?

🔥Z-pay.io🔥 - Anonymous bitcoin cheques. FREE mixing.

☝️             ☝️                 ☝️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kangasbros (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 10:18:44 PM

Just wondering - why don't you enable feedbacks for escrowed trades?

It has been on TODO list for some time - just that small things keep coming up and I can't keep up with replying to support questions and developing the features at a decent pace.

In fact I thought that feedbacks were already enabled for the buyers, but that seems not to be the case currently. I will try to look at it tomorrow.

kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:26:06 PM

Feedback is now enabled for the escrow transactions.

Also I would like to remind traders of couple of other recent features, which might come handy:

- Vacation mode - turns all your listings on/off. You can set this in the profile settings.
- Two-factor auth - recommended if you use the wallet
- Min/max functions in the pricing - for example max(max(mtgoxUSD, bitstampUSD), USD_24h)

We have gotten lots of feedback from the escrow feature, and are improving it.

AlexNeto

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:45:19 PM

Also I would like to remind traders of couple of other recent features, which might come handy:

- Vacation mode - turns all your listings on/off. You can set this in the profile settings.

Would be great to turn off ads, not just hide them from the listing.
When I had a trouble with bank account, I flagged vacation mode. But some regular buyers accessed sell ads from my profile page and unsuccesfully tried to transfer money.

kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:46:41 PM

When I had a trouble with bank account, I flagged vacation mode. But some regular buyers accessed sell ads from my profile page and unsuccesfully tried to transfer money.

Hi, yeah, it should work like this now. Previously it worked the wrong way, only turned off the listings. Now it should disable the form and display "This trader is on vacation" message.

AlexNeto

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:48:16 PM

Feedback is now enabled for the escrow transactions.

Hi, yeah, it should work like this now. Previously it worked the wrong way, only turned off the listings. Now it should disable the form and display "This trader is on vacation" message.

Great, thanks!

kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:19:50 PM

One, very useful feature I forgot to mention for active traders: put your phone number to your profile settings, and you will receive a SMS message each time a new contact or escrow payment is received. For my trading this helps pretty much, because I don't watch my email that well. It helps me respond to the trades more quickly and keeps the customers happy.

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 12:46:41 AM

Now it should disable the form and display "This trader is on vacation" message.
Is there a way to indicate how long ago the trader was active with all profiles? Last time logged in or last trade?

In my area, there are 6 profiles listed but they all have no reviews, I got over 15 (I guess the timestap on those is in a way an indicator of the last activity). One of the profiles seems to have been active last time in August last time if I look at his bitcointalk login. Some people place orders with stale accounts and waste a week or so until they give up and put in a request at a different trader.

At least an indication of last activity would give people a clear view of which ones are stale accounts and which ones are active ones
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 01:11:32 AM

Now it should disable the form and display "This trader is on vacation" message.
Is there a way to indicate how long ago the trader was active with all profiles? Last time logged in or last trade?

In my area, there are 6 profiles listed but they all have no reviews, I got over 15 (I guess the timestap on those is in a way an indicator of the last activity). One of the profiles seems to have been active last time in August last time if I look at his bitcointalk login. Some people place orders with stale accounts and waste a week or so until they give up and put in a request at a different trader.

At least an indication of last activity would give people a clear view of which ones are stale accounts and which ones are active ones

+1

Maybe remove ads of accounts that haven't been active for more than 1 month?
kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 10:07:32 AM

OK, we implemented the following:

- After 30 days from last login, warning email is sent
- After 37 days from last login, advertisement is disabled.

Well, clearly there was some errors, since we got complaints from real sellers whose ads were real. The problem is that last login is pretty bad indicator - it is possible to conduct the trades without logging in to localbitcoins via the email system etc.

Anyway, we try to put in a better system, and sorry for everyone whose ads were deleted mistakenly.

kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 10:41:19 AM

According to overhelming response, it appears that this was clearly erronous strategy for managing the ads. Apologies for everyone whose ads were removed.

http://localbitcoins.blogspot.fi/2013/01/advertisements-mistakenly-removed.html

abracadabra

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 01:52:52 PM

OK, we implemented the following:

- After 30 days from last login, warning email is sent
- After 37 days from last login, advertisement is disabled.

Well, clearly there was some errors, since we got complaints from real sellers whose ads were real. The problem is that last login is pretty bad indicator - it is possible to conduct the trades without logging in to localbitcoins via the email system etc.

Anyway, we try to put in a better system, and sorry for everyone whose ads were deleted mistakenly.

Don't you have to login to respond to a message from localbitcoins? I always assumed that you could not respond to the link sent in the email unless you were actually logged in.
abracadabra

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 02:11:23 PM

A suggestion.  Would it be possible to sort the ads based on price/btc and location distance? (ascending/descending) A small up/down arrow next to each column heading?

Thanks!
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:53:42 PM

Don't you have to login to respond to a message from localbitcoins? I always assumed that you could not respond to the link sent in the email unless you were actually logged in.

You can actually reply to the email notification itself, and your reply will be send to your contact and included in the conversation on the site.
Sultan

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:41:09 PM

How do you become an online seller on the site?

http://images.onbux.com/banner.gif
I then use the money to buy BitCoins. You can too!
kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 09:41:09 PM

How do you become an online seller on the site?

https://localbitcoins.com/escrow_process_guide

Essentially you have to have bitcoins beforehand in the wallet, and the payment method you are accepting has to support messages alongside the payment. It will automatically generate unique identifier for each payment. Basically it was designed with bank transfers in mind, the users in UK needed something like this. It is still "general", you can use it with any payment providor that suits the model. I myself have tested it with finnish bank transfers and when using the same bank it is very fast and friendly way for newbies to get some coins.

jtibble

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 09:40:08 PM

Feature requests:

- Ability to re-negotiate a 'buy' or 'sell' contact after a period of time. Hypothetical example: I have a buyer from a month ago who didn't stay in touch, and now they want to buy. But the contact is fixed at the rate it was a month ago, and doesn't reflect market prices. I'd love to have the option to update the request without cancelling and having the buyer/seller re-send the request.

- Ability for seller to auto-cancel a contact with a buyer if the buyer doesn't respond after a certain period of time (two weeks?). If the seller sends a message to a buyer, which doesn't receive a reply within a given amount of time, it auto-cancels the contact and sends a message to the buyer, "Buy request cancelled due to inactivity" or such, so the buyer knows they're to blame for not continuing the back-and-forth communication (not the seller being evil for cancelling a buy order).

Just a couple of thoughts. Thanks kangasbros for your hard work!

-jtibble
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 10:22:24 PM

Feature requests:

- Ability to re-negotiate a 'buy' or 'sell' contact after a period of time. Hypothetical example: I have a buyer from a month ago who didn't stay in touch, and now they want to buy. But the contact is fixed at the rate it was a month ago, and doesn't reflect market prices. I'd love to have the option to update the request without cancelling and having the buyer/seller re-send the request.

- Ability for seller to auto-cancel a contact with a buyer if the buyer doesn't respond after a certain period of time (two weeks?). If the seller sends a message to a buyer, which doesn't receive a reply within a given amount of time, it auto-cancels the contact and sends a message to the buyer, "Buy request cancelled due to inactivity" or such, so the buyer knows they're to blame for not continuing the back-and-forth communication (not the seller being evil for cancelling a buy order).

Just a couple of thoughts. Thanks kangasbros for your hard work!

-jtibble

With bitcoin volatility and many people having no rating at all yet, I have a problem with the whole concept. If I don't know if I can trust my trade partner, why should I honor the rate that he locked in when agreeing on my deal? Maybe I put coins in escrow and wait a month to find him finally ready to buy as value went up 100% or if value went down 5% he simply locks in yet another deal with some other dude?

Sure, one day when all have great ratings and reputation on the site, this will not happen that much but right now I see this as a big problem.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:04:53 PM

I had a similar idea, but almost backwards from yours. When a contact is made, the rate equation should be locked in place, but the rate itself should keep fluctuating until the buyer and seller both choose to lock the price, at which point the escrow process begins.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 07:27:14 AM

one of the reasons i do not ever use escrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: