Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 12:11:24 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 95387 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 06:58:26 AM

Why does bitcoinary.com redirect to localbitcons? I hadn't followed either site since their founding, but I thought they were separate bit-businesses.

Either it was hacked, or the owner of bitcoinary's referral code to LBC is h7z. I was wondering why I'd open tabs in the background and the bookmark labeled Bitcoinary never got opened. LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I sell stuff for BTC here here and here | Skirt & Kilts & Violin For Sale | Voiceover for BTC | Copy editing for BTC | THE Bitcoin Sound is here.
gpg_identity=http://pgp.thebutterzone.com | WoT feedback here & eBay feedback here | Buy BTC in San Diego, CA, or worldwide! | Get paid for taking surveys!
Change my name! "I am __ Satoshi __." | PayPal: Bitcoinese for "FU, I'm getting a chargeback up to 365 days later!" | Bitcoin voice chat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:08:17 PM

Be careful, we're getting reports of bank transfers getting reversed on localbitcoin transactions.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:54:41 PM

Be careful, we're getting reports of bank transfers getting reversed on localbitcoin transactions.

Nothing new there. Bank transfers have been getting reversed for as long as people have been using them to pay for bitcoins. It's been pretty well known for years now that a bank transfer is a risky way to accept payment.

The quality of posts has dropped to such a low level that all users who are participating in a paid signature campaign are added to my ignore list. If you'd like a copy of the list to improve your browsing experience, you can find it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=973843.0 (Updated 2016-1-4)
dadach

Activity: 237

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:17:09 PM

i registered today, deposited 0.1, when i tried to create another address for depositing more BTC, the whole thing crashed and now i cant log in anymore...nice lol

accepting donations, thank you!
1By7RpNBAVMyEqHud5KXAY63USpCm2tX2E
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:37:11 PM

i registered today, deposited 0.1, when i tried to create another address for depositing more BTC, the whole thing crashed and now i cant log in anymore...nice lol

you must contact them throw support they will fix this all its very nice site and have good support team

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 1075

Deshi Basara!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:25:02 PM

Yeah, I managed to post my first ad and sell my first coin there, and now I can't log in either. Keeps throwing event IDs. Hardly inspires confidence Undecided
beatcoin007

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:07:41 AM

It looks not quite reliable.

免费抽奖赢取比特币,最高可达0.2BTC (http://goo.gl/JgeJrw)|Lottery - Win your first free bitcoin up to 0.2BTC (http://goo.gl/JgeJrw)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Free Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:36:41 PM

Is localbitcoins broken? I tried to find traders for cash transfers. When i want to contact him i have to set up values. BTC or EUR in order to proceed. But when i do this i get told i dont have bitcoins at localbitcoins address. Even though i want to exchange cash...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 08:34:42 PM

No answer. Not cool when in need of cash.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:40:13 AM

Is localbitcoins broken? I tried to find traders for cash transfers. When i want to contact him i have to set up values. BTC or EUR in order to proceed. But when i do this i get told i dont have bitcoins at localbitcoins address. Even though i want to exchange cash...

I only did cash trades, and always had sufficient BTC on the site, to be able to react quick.
However, localbitcoins state themselves that you are free to do transactions without the site, directly. You then don't have 1% fee. That only makes sense when you don't have to have the bitcoins on the site..
Weird. I believe their mailsupport is quicker than waiting for a reply in this thread.

Ente
UPENtXF

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:30:15 PM

Is there any place that charts the LocalBitcoins CNY-BTC trading, the way Bitcoincharts used to show LocalBitcoins USD?

"Bitcoins, B-I-T-C-O-I-N-S - It's available to you inside the google." - Fox News
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 01:42:14 PM

What the... i cant believe it. I sent bitcoins to localbitcoins only to be able to contact a buyer of bitcoins i want to trade in cash. Without that i would not been able to contact him. Since he doesnt answer i wanted to contact another buyer but now my previous bitcoin amount is gone. Stuck with the previous buyer. I now have to upload another 4.31 bitcoins only to contact another buyer.

Sorry. Localbitcoins is dead for me now. This is so stupid... sorry. This website once was ok but that is too stupid. And i dont see a way how to get the previous bitcoins out again. At least i cant imagine how my bitcoins can get lost since i want cash. But if i really get useless USD for my Bitcoins only because localbitcoins wants some fee (or whatever they think handling it this way) then i will be really angry. I only wanted to contact the buyer with the least bitcoins to upload. I dont need USD at all.

Any alternative to localbitcoins?

By the way... the website is totally broken in FF 26.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
UPENtXF

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:03:21 PM

http://bitcoin-otc.com/

"Bitcoins, B-I-T-C-O-I-N-S - It's available to you inside the google." - Fox News
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 02:39:43 PM

I dont see how i could search for my location to find a local exchanger. The website seems to be for trades over internet but i need cash and want to buy in person.
I can ask in the thread but i doubt that there will be an exchanger near to me then.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
UPENtXF

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:23:02 PM

I dont see how i could search for my location to find a local exchanger. The website seems to be for trades over internet but i need cash and want to buy in person.
I can ask in the thread but i doubt that there will be an exchanger near to me then.
You are right - bitcoin-otc is a pain, and has much less liquidity. It was made long before Localbitcoins.

What about meet-ups of bitcoiners in your area? Are there any meetup.com bitcoin groups, or Buttonwood exchanges, or something like Craigslist?

Perhaps, if you can find even a merchant who accepts btc, they will give you paper for it.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 1792

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 03:58:44 PM

What the... i cant believe it. I sent bitcoins to localbitcoins only to be able to contact a buyer of bitcoins i want to trade in cash. Without that i would not been able to contact him. Since he doesnt answer i wanted to contact another buyer but now my previous bitcoin amount is gone. Stuck with the previous buyer. I now have to upload another 4.31 bitcoins only to contact another buyer.

Sorry. Localbitcoins is dead for me now. This is so stupid... sorry. This website once was ok but that is too stupid. And i dont see a way how to get the previous bitcoins out again. At least i cant imagine how my bitcoins can get lost since i want cash. But if i really get useless USD for my Bitcoins only because localbitcoins wants some fee (or whatever they think handling it this way) then i will be really angry. I only wanted to contact the buyer with the least bitcoins to upload. I dont need USD at all.

First, you can contact any buyer or seller and not lose your BTC or USD.  If you want to contact a BTC seller just open a contract for any amount and start sending messages.

To contact a BTC buyer simply open up a contract for the minimum amount they will accept and start sending messages.  People do this all the time.

Now that you are done talking (or they do not respond) you should be able to simply cancel the contract and get your BTC back.

Let me know if that does not work.  It should.

I use localbitcoins all the time.  It is a great site.  I have never had any issues with it at all so I am very surprised you are having an issue.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
UPENtXF

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:19:07 PM

I use localbitcoins all the time.  It is a great site.  I have never had any issues with it at all so I am very surprised you are having an issue.
+1

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 10:22:04 PM

First, you can contact any buyer or seller and not lose your BTC or USD.  If you want to contact a BTC seller just open a contract for any amount and start sending messages.

To contact a BTC buyer simply open up a contract for the minimum amount they will accept and start sending messages.  People do this all the time.

Now that you are done talking (or they do not respond) you should be able to simply cancel the contract and get your BTC back.

Let me know if that does not work.  It should.

Yes... it appears i dont lose the BTC. But i have to upload them. Im not sure what happens if i cancel a trade before getting an answer. Can the other party answer then still? If not i would need to upload as many bitcoins as needed to meet the minimum exchange value of each trader only to get in touch with them. That wasnt the case a year ago or so.

Any amount isnt possible. You need at least to meet the minimum trading. If a user trades 2000-5000 then you need to upload bitcoins for 2000 fiat. Only to get in touch.

I cancelled now. And i could send them back to my wallet.

I guess its a great site if you would need the bitcoins at the website anyway. Because you want to use SEPA or similar things. But only to being able to contact traders to exchange bitcoins and cash in person you need to upload bitcoins in the height of each traders minimum trading volume? Im not convinced.

You are right - bitcoin-otc is a pain, and has much less liquidity. It was made long before Localbitcoins.

What about meet-ups of bitcoiners in your area? Are there any meetup.com bitcoin groups, or Buttonwood exchanges, or something like Craigslist?

Perhaps, if you can find even a merchant who accepts btc, they will give you paper for it.

Nothing like that here. I know one trader in my target city but he doesnt have enough fiat now. Looks like i have to use my bank account then as alternative.

Anyway... i liked localbitcoins when i simply could contact traders without the need of uploading many bitcoins... at least there is no risk that the coins vanish because the other trader accepts "the offer" even though it might be for a wrong currency or for a wrong value.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 1792

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 12:07:47 AM

...at least there is no risk that the coins vanish because the other trader accepts "the offer" even though it might be for a wrong currency or for a wrong value.

This cannot happen because you have to release them once you are satisfied you have the money for the contract - usually during the face to face meeting.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 09:23:52 PM

...at least there is no risk that the coins vanish because the other trader accepts "the offer" even though it might be for a wrong currency or for a wrong value.

This cannot happen because you have to release them once you are satisfied you have the money for the contract - usually during the face to face meeting.

I guess you overread my "at least there is no risk...". Smiley

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.