Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 125849 times)
kangasbros (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 04:18:36 PM

We have added optional escrow to the traditional transaction as well. This is because some scammers lured people into sending money online without the escrow, and the excuse was that the online selling feature was too much hassle. Now there shouldn't be excuses not to use escrow, because it is easy to enable with a push of the button & funding the transaction.

The transaction feature is still suitable for local cash transactions without enabling the escrow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeblack

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:29:44 AM

How long I must wait to get my bicoins back from the escrow if the buyer didn't trasfer the money to my bank account, in a timely manner? .

The problem is that the exchange-rate keeps climbing and its unfair for me to wait more than 24hrs to receive the payment, considering that here within my country the bank transfers are instant in business hours at least. The buyer has no excuse

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 02:34:21 AM

The last two times that I've funded a transaction I've not received the e-mail notification that would include the SMS code to release the funds.  I can login to the site and get this but previously I was getting the message as an e-mail which I could access from my phone.

Is anyone else finding that this e-mail notification isn't arriving?   A later message after I release the funds (which includes the Verify code that I then give to the buyer) does go through so LocalBitcoins is sending those messages but it appears to just not be sending the one with the instructions for how to release via SMS.   I've checked my spam folder and these are not showing there either.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

AlexNeto

Activity: 658
Merit: 536

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 02:31:48 AM

kangasbros, there is one little but annoying bug.
Using escrow as a seller, I receive email notifications (when buyer send a message) with a link.
Usually a link to trade's page looks like this: localbitcoins.com/escrow_seller/xxxxx and that's ok.
But sometimes for some reason link is wrong and looks like this: localbitcoins.com/escrow_buyer/xxxxx and drop me to:

Error!
Escrow with that ID not found or not sufficient rights.

🔥Z-pay.io🔥 - Anonymous bitcoin cheques. FREE mixing.

☝️             ☝️                 ☝️
AlexNeto

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 02:39:09 AM

Also, I would love to have an ability to pause/enable selected ads flagging them in the list.

kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:04:50 AM

How long I must wait to get my bicoins back from the escrow if the buyer didn't trasfer the money to my bank account, in a timely manner? .

The problem is that the exchange-rate keeps climbing and its unfair for me to wait more than 24hrs to receive the payment, considering that here within my country the bank transfers are instant in business hours at least. The buyer has no excuse

Hi, currently the escrowed purchase can be disputed after 24 hours. The feature tries to be universal, we don't have a way yet to tailor it to specific payment methods/countries. This is problem because often the transfers can take even 3 days elsewhere. Even in countries where it is usually very fast, there have been some big delays now and then. We are working on a feature which allows sellers to specify different limits/terms invidually.

The last two times that I've funded a transaction I've not received the e-mail notification that would include the SMS code to release the funds.  I can login to the site and get this but previously I was getting the message as an e-mail which I could access from my phone.

Is anyone else finding that this e-mail notification isn't arriving?   A later message after I release the funds (which includes the Verify code that I then give to the buyer) does go through so LocalBitcoins is sending those messages but it appears to just not be sending the one with the instructions for how to release via SMS.   I've checked my spam folder and these are not showing there either.

I might be mistaken, but I think we have never emailed the release codes.

kangasbros, there is one little but annoying bug.
Using escrow as a seller, I receive email notifications (when buyer send a message) with a link.
Usually a link to trade's page looks like this: localbitcoins.com/escrow_seller/xxxxx and that's ok.
But sometimes for some reason link is wrong and looks like this: localbitcoins.com/escrow_buyer/xxxxx and drop me to:

Error!
Escrow with that ID not found or not sufficient rights.

Thanks for the report, will fix it ASAP.

kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:05:46 AM

Also, I would love to have an ability to pause/enable selected ads flagging them in the list.

Check the selling/buying holiday from the settings - perhaps not what you need but a temporary help.

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:14:10 PM

kangasbros,

Is there any way to report a spam contact?  I got a message this afternoon from "ElitePeasant" with this message:

ElitePeasant: Learn how you can counterfeit Bitcoins, and quadruple what's in your wallet NOW! >>>>>>>>>> http://www.mediafire.com/xxxxx <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I changed the xxxxx from what it was so no one accidentally clicks it. Wink
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 01:05:23 AM

kangasbros,

Is there any way to report a spam contact?  I got a message this afternoon from "ElitePeasant" with this message:

ElitePeasant: Learn how you can counterfeit Bitcoins, and quadruple what's in your wallet NOW! >>>>>>>>>> http://www.mediafire.com/xxxxx <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yep, I got the same one.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 02:39:04 AM

kangasbros,

Maybe they are selling testnet bitcoins. Wink

kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:42:43 PM

Due to the recent spammer activity we have added some limits on how much an account can create contacts.

barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:36:13 AM

kangasbros,

I reported them to Mediafire as spammers, and got an email saying their page was taken down.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
Wagamama

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:02:12 AM

Hi, currently the escrowed purchase can be disputed after 24 hours. The feature tries to be universal, we don't have a way yet to tailor it to specific payment methods/countries. This is problem because often the transfers can take even 3 days elsewhere. Even in countries where it is usually very fast, there have been some big delays now and then. We are working on a feature which allows sellers to specify different limits/terms invidually.

Hi,

I have requested to cancel an escrowed transaction yesterday through an email but haven't got any reply so I'd like to try here.  After funding the enabled escrow transaction I haven't received any form of communication from the buyer nor seen his payment in my given account since 11th Feb.  Can I ask you to cancel the transaction so I can have the coins back please.

Thanks
Woolloomooloo(Localbitcoin account)
kangasbros (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:52:42 AM

Hi,

I have requested to cancel an escrowed transaction yesterday through an email but haven't got any reply so I'd like to try here.  After funding the enabled escrow transaction I haven't received any form of communication from the buyer nor seen his payment in my given account since 11th Feb.  Can I ask you to cancel the transaction so I can have the coins back please.

Thanks
Woolloomooloo(Localbitcoin account)

Hi, I guess I already answered by email.

But just in case in the future, the best way to do this is by pressing the "start dispute" button in the escrow, which should be visible after 24 hours from the purchase creation. This way we'll spot the case from the admin interface and it is easier to deal with it.

Currently we are getting a lot of support emails, and with our limited workforce we are unable to respond to emails in very timely manner. Sorry about that.

AlexNeto

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 10:28:17 AM

I keep getting complains from buyers regarding rounding in price calculation.
Example: Someone wants to buy 5 btc - entering "5" into btc field, get a quote, send request, and then he see: You are buying 4.9998 btc.

slothbag

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:35:26 PM

I used to see a list of diverse online sellers before but now some seller r3365 has posted so many sell entries that I can only see his.  And it is impossible to get past them or ignore them to see anyone else's.

Can we have an ignore button for spammers?
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 12:45:00 PM

I used to see a list of diverse online sellers before but now some seller r3365 has posted so many sell entries that I can only see his.  And it is impossible to get past them or ignore them to see anyone else's.

I know I repeat myself but can we have a minimini listing fee in return for a reduced escrow fee? This would affect me as I don't escrow ever but it would keep spammers under control.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:15:19 PM

+1

There's sellers that have inudated the site with ads.

Also, an expiration date for ads would be nice, along with an email a couple of days before asking you to renew the ad.  A simple link the in email to renew the ad is all that's needed. There's people that appear to not have updated their ads since last year.  People selling btc for $10.  Tried contacting and of course got no response.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 10:21:49 PM

I used to see a list of diverse online sellers before but now some seller r3365 has posted so many sell entries that I can only see his. 

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/r3365/
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/clickerX/

Both unclear on the concept of LOCAL (should be posting 1 for Online, and 1 for their primary domicile, not dozens)

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:29:49 PM

Its really annoying! More and more spammers and dead accounts. Browsing the ads for active and solvent traders is like grave digging.
Inactive accounts with old ads should be deleted. Please muck out the stable!

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: