Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:49:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 125849 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:16:38 AM

I've received several emails from localbitcoins indicating that someone requested that my password be reset.  I did not make such a request until tonight when I found that I was unable to log in.  Has anyone heard of this?  I've been logging in with the same password (and two-factor authentication) for longer than I care to admit, so I know I'm not mistyping the password, and caps lock was not on.

Here's the weird part:  When I DID request the password change, I didn't get an email.  I still haven't gotten an email.  I created a new account with a different email address and got the verification email.  Then I used that new account to try the password-reset function, and I didn't did get an email for the new one.

I suspect my account might be flagged (I hope!) and that is why I am not getting the password reset email.

Any insights would be appreciated!

Dave Scotese.

What mailprovider do you use? It happened in the past that accounts were hacked so that a copy were sent to another email address. With that someone could reset your pass and change email to his email. Or he somehow reads the email another way.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:27:54 AM

What mailprovider do you use? It happened in the past that accounts were hacked so that a copy were sent to another email address. With that someone could reset your pass and change email to his email. Or he somehow reads the email another way.
He hacked his way into my hosting account by forging a government document and providing it to the hosting provider.  He then moved the nameservers so that email to the domain of my email address would go to his email server, and thus intercepted all my email.  Good call.

I figured this out last night with a support person from the host's host provider (I have a hosting account through one of their resellers).

Dave.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:37:58 AM

I emailed this to the email address he used on my hosting account.  If that email address is unmonitored, perhaps he will study me enough to find it here:

Are you NSA?  This is something I would expect of the most autistic of their brilliant people - someone with the right amount of brains to successfully pull it off, but with the narrowmindedness required to remain blind to the greater evil you're helping to grow.

Or you're just a common and quite clever scammer.  I'd rather work with you than against you.  Study me. Find out if there is a vindictive bone in me.  (Hint: there isn't.)  So I offer you my services in teaching you how to honestly earn the wealth you seek.  Or perhaps you prefer to be looking over your shoulder all the time.
Some study of history might help you see that you're on the wrong side of our common struggle for joy, whichever of the above is true.  If and when you wish to contribute to the progress of our species, and you've mastered your ego enough to apologize, let me know.  If you can't get over the ego thing, don't worry about it.  Just find good people and help them go in the right direction.

Your potential friend or future victim (or pain in the ass - we shall see),
Dave Scotese.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:59:50 PM

Hm... doesnt sound like your hoster will have a fun time soon when you sue them... and i hope you can get out without a big financial loss...

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:00:33 PM

He hacked his way into my hosting account by forging a government document and providing it to the hosting provider.  He then moved the nameservers so that email to the domain of my email address would go to his email server, and thus intercepted all my email.  Good call.

I figured this out last night with a support person from the host's host provider (I have a hosting account through one of their resellers).

Dave.

Message #666 in this thread deserves that number Smiley Really diabolic way to hack somebody.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:22:59 PM

The site is down, what is the issue?

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:37:43 PM

The site is down, what is the issue?

I's up for me.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:40:48 PM

Not sure if it's just for the UK Locale but the Sell Bitcoins! advert list isn't working right. The top 8 adverts are not being sorted correctly they are currently in this order:
Then at this point corrects to sort how it should (High price's at the top)
etc...

so for some reason the top 8 adverts seem locked in place when some of them should be right at the bottom of the list. It's annoying for me as i am posting an advert for a higher amount than all the top 8 people but my advert is 24 places from the top. Also as of posting this you can buy bitcoins on the buy page for around £82, so all the offers above that are probably inactive/dead adverts or crazy people:P

The buy page is working normally though (cheapest adverts at the top).

Has anyone seen a response to this because the problem still occurs?

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:02:03 PM

Not a place you want to trade if you use bank transfers. Reading their forum, it looks like getting scammed is almost guaranteed. Especially if SEPA transfers are involved. I did not know that SEPA transfer system is unreliable and makes it so easy for scammers to cancel transactions and reverse payments - taking your coin and your fiat too.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
BitcoinSitesOrg

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:13:29 PM

Hello kangasbros and all localbitcoins users!
Please check out review of your marketplace on BitcoinSites.Org
lightsofray

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:30:48 PM

I cant reach any admins on the site, can one of the admins please pm me? I am having issues
Thanks
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 4492

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:46:26 PM

SCAM ALERT:

localbitcoins user using an ID of "thebitcoingirl" is initiating electronic transactions (such as Western Union and MoneyGram) and then sending a link claiming that it is a link to an image of the receipt of payment.

The link actually downloads a Windows executable.

The scammer also clicks the "Payment Sent" button to lock the bitcoins in escrow so you can't sell them until a dispute investigation is completed (usually 1 to 2 days).

Hopefully the site administrators will see that the user is a scammer and will resolve the disputes quickly.  I've still got 2 hours on the clock before I'm even allowed to file a dispute.
lightsofray

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:20:41 PM

Still waiting on a response.
Emailed through site, pmed and posted here.
Gelbstich

Activity: 562
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:49:04 PM

What's wrong with localbitcoins.com? I'm always getting an error trying to access the page  Undecided

LocalBitcoins.com

Technical problem

An unrecoverable technical error has occured. We've got this error logged and will get to fixing this shortly. The event ID for this error is 88679ac160934b1e89f43a83e5a1389f.

If you were doing something important or the problem persists, please do contact us at support@localbitcoins.com or our support form. Please mention the event ID above for your particular occurence.

Edit: Never mind, the problem just occured for 5 minutes (on every device tho). But the website works again now.

H

░░░                 
            ░▒█████████████▓░           
          ▓███████████████████▓         
        ▓█████████▓▓▒▓▓▓████▓░         
      ▒███████▒           ░             
     ▓█████▓░                     ░▒   
    ▓█████▒    ░▓███████▓▒        ░▓▓▒ 
   ░█████░   ░█████████████▒    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   █████▒   ░███████████████▓    ▓▒▒▒▓  
   █████    █████████████████░   ▒▓▒▒▓░ 
  ░████▓   ░██████████▓▓▓▓▓███   ░▓▒▒▓░ 
  ▒████▓   ▒████▓▒░              ░▓▒▒▓░
   █████ ░███▓░   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   ████████▓  ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓░    ▓▒▒▓▓ 
   ░██████   ░▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▒▒▓░ 
    ▓███▒       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░     ▓▓▒▓▓▒   
     ▓█                      ▒▓▓▒▓▓▒   
              ░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       
          ░███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         
             ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒            

R I Z E N
.......White Paper....... .......Node System and Sidechains....... .......Help Desk.......

thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:51:54 AM

What the heck is going on with Localbitcoins?

I requested a withdrawal which was going to be used to pay an invoice from bips.me. The withdrawal showed up as processed but there was a technical issue and the coins never arrived so I opened a support ticket, asking specifically NOT to send the coins any more to that address since the invoice had expired. This morning I see the ticket was updated and disregarding my petition the coins were sent to that address. I have tried to contact LBC again asking for an explanation and/or possible solution but the only thing they do is "update" the ticket without sending any reply.

I didn't expect this unprofessional behaviour from LBC; I really hope this issue will be solved and I can recover my coins or otherwise I will make an awful lot of noise.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:20:57 PM

I requested a withdrawal which was going to be used to pay an invoice from bips.me. The withdrawal showed up as processed but there was a technical issue and the coins never arrived so I opened a support ticket, asking specifically NOT to send the coins any more to that address since the invoice had expired. This morning I see the ticket was updated and disregarding my petition the coins were sent to that address. I have tried to contact LBC again asking for an explanation and/or possible solution but the only thing they do is "update" the ticket without sending any reply.

I didn't expect this unprofessional behaviour from LBC; I really hope this issue will be solved and I can recover my coins or otherwise I will make an awful lot of noise.

The coins shouldnt be lost. Normally the shop that uses bips.me can get the coins or bips.me helps directly.
Though of course LBC should have read the ticket at least.

Syc0

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:37:25 AM

Their support has been extremely slow recently. I have some bitcoins trapped in my account and its the 2nd day now they have ignored my ticket. Sort this out Localbitcoins!
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:39:43 PM

Looks like the person who kicks the "withdrawal server" is not the same as the one handling (or not-handling) support. I had a support question today and it was resolved withing hours. It was a already known bug though.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
r00t$

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:10:41 PM

SCAM ALERT: midwestbitcoiner

While the user has 100% feedback on LBC, they are not engaging in any trades, but only posting ads to verify ownership of the account. These ads are used in conjunction with craigslist for sale ads for bitcoin mining equipment, namely Butterfly Lab singles.

I believe this account has been hacked.

BEWARE!
lauri132

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:41:05 PM

Sold my bitcoins in this page. Its really good to trade there  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: