Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 10:09:14 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 95383 times)
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1568

¡ɥɔʇɐʍ ʇsnɾ &#7

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 03:40:10 PM

I remember withdrawals from LocalBitcoins being pretty instantaneous.  If they were batching them (combining multiple withdrawals together) then it would not be instantaneous (e.g., maybe one trx every 5 minutes).   

Why 5 minutes. If they throttle the payout to every 10s, they could still get some transactions at times while no or just one transaction at other times. For a business of that scale it would just make sense.

I just did a transaction minutes ago and do not recall a huge delay. The transaction was exclusively made for me though.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2002

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:55:10 PM

Why 5 minutes. If they throttle the payout to every 10s, they could still get some transactions at times while no or just one transaction at other times. For a business of that scale it would just make sense.

They already charge the user for the withdrawal.   Therefore, it wouldn't be fair to the user to have to wait for delivery because the service wants to earn a little profit on the fees by batching them up.   I doubt they'ld have more than one withdrawal per minute, but I don't know their volume levels so I could be wrong.

I just did a transaction minutes ago and do not recall a huge delay. The transaction was exclusively made for me though.

Same here ... my "send bitcoin" transaction had already hit the blockchain when I checked just a matter of seconds later.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1162

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:48:55 AM

Phishing alert:

DON'T OPEN!

http:// local bit coins. wc. lt/ verified.html

DON'T OPEN!

Thanks, ninjaboom! I have reported it to a few sites.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Ososober

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:21:33 PM

i use local bitcoins all the time to sell the coins i make from mining, i have a couple of trusted buyers that i only sell to,

best thing is to (if selling) find a buyer and stick to one or two of them, then youu can generate trust and a understanding between both parties, more than a casual one time transaction will be
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:56:09 PM

Also, it's nice to create a meatspace, offline, analog Bitcoin network :-)
Who knows what that could be useful for later on? On a completely unrelated note, Localbitcoin isn't available in Germany any more.

Ente
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1162

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:29:31 PM

[...] On a completely unrelated note, Localbitcoin isn't available in Germany any more.

Ente

Hasn't been for a while https://twitter.com/LocalBitcoins/status/541991711040606208 (one page back)

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:47:28 PM

[...] On a completely unrelated note, Localbitcoin isn't available in Germany any more.

Ente

Hasn't been for a while https://twitter.com/LocalBitcoins/status/541991711040606208 (one page back)

This is correct.
My point is - decentralize all the things! :-)

Ente
arvindr

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:15:05 AM

I remember withdrawals from LocalBitcoins being pretty instantaneous.  If they were batching them (combining multiple withdrawals together) then it would not be instantaneous (e.g., maybe one trx every 5 minutes).   

Not sure about the exclusivity . I do have bitcoins transferred to other addresses in the same trnasaction.
Maybe they do it in batches after every 5-10 seconds

bomberb17

Activity: 387

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:18:45 PM

Is there any trustworthy Android app that uses localbitcoins API for trading?

Mitchell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 09:21:30 PM

I would personally recommend: Local Trader for LocalBitcoins. It's an app I have been using for over a year now. Never had any issues with it.

BEWARE: There is a fake app on the Play Store for Localbitcoins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=959078.0

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:33:07 PM

I would personally recommend: Local Trader for LocalBitcoins. It's an app I have been using for over a year now. Never had any issues with it.

Been using it for a few days. It seems to be holding login, unlike the "LocalBitcoins Wallet" app in the play store by "LocalBitcoins Oy", which constantly logs it out. However, Local Trader for LocalBitcoins doesn't modify the online status icon on the website, and you appear to be offline for hours/days/months even if you're using the app/API.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I sell stuff for BTC here here and here | Skirt & Kilts & Violin For Sale | Voiceover for BTC | Copy editing for BTC | THE Bitcoin Sound is here.
gpg_identity=http://pgp.thebutterzone.com | WoT feedback here & eBay feedback here | Buy BTC in San Diego, CA, or worldwide! | Get paid for taking surveys!
Change my name! "I am __ Satoshi __." | PayPal: Bitcoinese for "FU, I'm getting a chargeback up to 365 days later!" | Bitcoin voice chat
Mitchell
Staff
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:36:23 PM

Been using it for a few days. It seems to be holding login, unlike the "LocalBitcoins Wallet" app in the play store by "LocalBitcoins Oy", which constantly logs it out. However, Local Trader for LocalBitcoins doesn't modify the online status icon on the website, and you appear to be offline for hours/days/months even if you're using the app/API.
Yeah, the "LocalBitcoins Wallet"-app isn't that great, even though it's created by the team behind LocalBitcoins.com (sorry guys). You could try to contact the LocalBitcoins support and see if they can make the online status icon active when you use their API. To be honest, it seems like something that already should exist.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:40:02 PM

Ticket 39922 opened.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I sell stuff for BTC here here and here | Skirt & Kilts & Violin For Sale | Voiceover for BTC | Copy editing for BTC | THE Bitcoin Sound is here.
gpg_identity=http://pgp.thebutterzone.com | WoT feedback here & eBay feedback here | Buy BTC in San Diego, CA, or worldwide! | Get paid for taking surveys!
Change my name! "I am __ Satoshi __." | PayPal: Bitcoinese for "FU, I'm getting a chargeback up to 365 days later!" | Bitcoin voice chat
dKingston

Activity: 486

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 11:38:20 PM

localbitcoins is the absolute best place to buy or sell btc, period

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1568

¡ɥɔʇɐʍ ʇsnɾ &#7

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 06:29:36 PM

Is LB interested in hearing about suspicious traders before we get scammed? I tried to chat about that but the new chat feature is a joke. It tells me that somebody will be ready in 30 minutes which is definitely long enough to switch to a different tab. Now when that chat eventually turns ready, it doesn't alert me in any way (why not have the tab at least blink?) and the support patience is less than 30 minutes as the chat gets closed due to **my** inactivity. Anyway, guys, please allow me to report users that offer local trading in many cities at the absolute best rate but when being contacted they start about being out of town and lets do the trade differently. Please add to your TOS that cash offers are only cash and that asking for paypal or anything on a cash offer will lead to account termination. For both sides. It also annoys me that people contact me on my cash offer while living 1000km away.

bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:13:58 AM

localbitcoins is the absolute best place to buy or sell btc, period
Not in Germany.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 966

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:24:49 AM

LBTC is okay if you ask me, i prefer mycelium. Just had my first piece of LBTC fraud.

tried to buy some shopping last night, card declined, tried ATM, declined.

Spoke to bank today and a lock had been put on my account due to a reverse transaction attmept from a user in germany. My bank aksed for a screenshot of the transaction release info as proof and they would deny the request.

It would be nice if LBTC gave you more options to protect against fraudulent buyers.

The site can detect if a user is using a proxy or tor, why not also have a tick box to disallow users of these services to use adverts, just like i get to choose if i want them to have verified ID or not.

Also 1%........ when myceliumk charged they were at 0.2% which is much more reasonable and inline with exchanges.

Paying 1% on a $10,000 transaction is not cool LBTC, paying 1% on a $1000 transaction is not cool........ no offence LBTC but you must have raked in the BTC by now  Cheesy
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:31:52 AM

.. if you ask me, i prefer mycelium.
DITO

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 966

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:33:57 AM

LBTC is okay if you ask me, i prefer mycelium.
DITO

The only way LBTC could compete would be by having a great easy to use app with a simple GUI that is easy to navigate, everyone i meet these days says they prefer mycelium to fiddling around with their internet browser and g auth codes
Mitchell
Staff
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:48:50 AM

The only way LBTC could compete would be by having a great easy to use app with a simple GUI that is easy to navigate, everyone i meet these days says they prefer mycelium to fiddling around with their internet browser and g auth codes
You could try the app I talked about above. Yes, you need to auth it first which means passwords and Gauth codes, but after that it's smooth sailing. However it's not an official app so that could put people off. I'm wondering how LBTC could prevent someone from reversing a payment. I mean they already require that people use an invoice code for a transaction which you can show your bank. That should stop almost anyone that tries to reverse a payment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.