Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: $XAI Sapience AIFX - Decentralized AI | 11% PoS | PlumeDB,IBTP on Testnet  (Read 150173 times)
CedricQuotient (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:36:06 PM

How would one go about running nodes and servicing AI runs?  I would be interested in providing those services lol.  Also tossed another 0.1578 btc towards the crowd funding.

Pretty sure it would be similar to operating a dark node.

Yes, same type of concept.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 12:16:21 AM

Just want to make sure.  The coins are going to be released after release of Sapience AI which will be in about 3-6 months.  So in short we can expect to receive the coins in 3-6 months?

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:02:02 PM

Just want to make sure.  The coins are going to be released after release of Sapience AI which will be in about 3-6 months.  So in short we can expect to receive the coins in 3-6 months?

From the Sapience crowd funding page:

Sapience AIFX coins will be distributed between 24 to 72 hours after the end of the crowdfunding

http://crowdfund.blockchainsingularity.com/
Kruemmelmonster

Activity: 338

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:12:45 PM

am i right that XAI will start as planned no matter if crowdfunding is successful or not?
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:55:01 PM

am i right that XAI will start as planned no matter if crowdfunding is successful or not?

I think the minimum is 25 BTC.

Not sure what happens if that is not reached.

Very surprised there are not more people jumping on board this project. Seems to be flying under the radar at the moment.  Shocked
biophil

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:28:15 PM

Wait a minute... So after people paid 40ksat per coin, you drop the price to 20ksat? Isn't that kind of a slap in the face to the initial investors?

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:31:58 PM

Wait a minute... So after people paid 40ksat per coin, you drop the price to 20ksat? Isn't that kind of a slap in the face to the initial investors?

No biophil. That did not happen.
I was investor n.3 or so, and at the time, price was 40K. When the price dropped to 20K, my XAI balance on the crowd fund page, doubled. Simply stated, the same BTC I sent originally, now got me double the amount of XAI coins. Cheers.

locohammerhead

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:30:53 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 04:30:47 PM by locohammerhead

How would one go about running nodes and servicing AI runs?  I would be interested in providing those services lol.  Also tossed another 0.1578 btc towards the crowd funding.

Sorry, noob when it comes to this.  Did a quick search for setting up a dark node on the google and didn't pull anything up.  Maybe you have a link to some resources I can look at?  I would like to have everything up and ready by the time everything goes live.  I would really love to see this project succeed.  So many possible uses for it!

Update:
Some more research brought me to the forum thread for setting up masternodes.  Will a static IP be necessary for this as well?  I ask because it would cost me an extra 100 dollars a month to purchase a block of static IPs from my ISP and would decrease my internet speeds to 45MB/s as well.  Would Dynamic DNS work for this?  Will 1000 AIFX be needed to run the node like is necessary for a darkcoin masternode?

Would it be possible to use one of the digitalocean droplets?

Would it be possible to use one of the digitalocean droplets for a node?

Would it be possible to set up one of those nodes using the 5 USD/month digitalocean droplet?

The more information I know the more useful I will be in helping others who are just joining the community.  Which will lessen the load of the dev, allowing him to do what he does best Smiley

locohammerhead

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:31:07 PM

Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:07:01 PM

I love the idea of a distributed artificial intelligence that can grow over time.

Who knows what it could be capable of if done in the right way.

Stuff of sci fi perhaps but hey... that's what intrigues me.

Whatever happens this sounds like the coolest / most exciting project in the crypto world that I've seen in a very long time and for that reason alone...

I'm in.
MagicOne

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:42:45 PM

Whatever happens this sounds like the coolest / most exciting project in the crypto world that I've seen in a very long time and for that reason alone...

I'm in.

I agree!!  Grin
CedricQuotient (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:32:04 PM

How would one go about running nodes and servicing AI runs?  I would be interested in providing those services lol.  Also tossed another 0.1578 btc towards the crowd funding.

Sorry, noob when it comes to this.  Did a quick search for setting up a dark node on the google and didn't pull anything up.  Maybe you have a link to some resources I can look at?  I would like to have everything up and ready by the time everything goes live.  I would really love to see this project succeed.  So many possible uses for it!

Update:
Some more research brought me to the forum thread for setting up masternodes.  Will a static IP be necessary for this as well?  I ask because it would cost me an extra 100 dollars a month to purchase a block of static IPs from my ISP and would decrease my internet speeds to 45MB/s as well.  Would Dynamic DNS work for this?  Will 1000 AIFX be needed to run the node like is necessary for a darkcoin masternode?

Would it be possible to use one of the digitalocean droplets for a node?

Would it be possible to set up one of those nodes using the 5 USD/month digitalocean droplet?

The more information I know the more useful I will be in helping others who are just joining the community.  Which will lessen the load of the dev, allowing him to do what he does best Smiley
You will not need to put up coins as a "bond" in order to participate and you won't need static IP's.  You will be able to run the daemon on droplets/VPS/cloud vps...anywhere you can run the daemon today.  It would be cool to do a raspberry pi build at some point, I have one and I'll probably do that when I get some downtime.
CedricQuotient (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:17:13 PM

From https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20141202201551-100950400-blockchain-ai-on-the-bitcoin-protocol-will-not-pose-an-existential-threat-to-humanity

Blockchain AI on the Bitcoin Protocol Will Not Pose an Existential Threat to Humanity

As our technological capability as a civilization has begun to reach the point where we have the tools to build the components that could lead to the emergence of a singularity, or at the least thinking machines, we have seen more concerns from a variety of fronts about potential existential threats to humanity. The “Skynet” scenario from the Terminator movies, the “PINN” scenario from the Transcendence movie, and the “V.I.K.I.” scenario from the I, Robot movie all seem to drive our imaginations for the negative possibilities. Recent comments from Elon Musk that he is afraid of the development of advanced artificial intelligence and that it may “unleash demons” is hysterical at best.

There are even organizations such as the Lifeboat Foundation doing research and building defenses and actual bunkers to protect against these potential existential threats.

The blockchain, however, has the answer. The blockchain and the Bitcoin protocol provide a mechanism by which we can throttle, control, and direct the operation of an artificial intelligence. It can be used to put up guardrails and speed bumps to regulate the evolution of the AI.

It is conceivable that in the future an artificial intelligence programmed on the blockchain could learn to reprogram itself. But, such an AI would need to enforce a network protocol hard fork in order to change the rules of the game. This is unlikely.

Another scenario that one might think about is an AI “jumping blockchains” from one coin network to another. This would pre-suppose the existence of multiple coin networks supporting the same operational technology to “run” the artificial intelligence. Recent pursuits to interconnect coin networks in so-called “internet of blockchains” will facilitate interface interoperability on a service bus, but it is unlikely this will lead to the ability for an AI to jump blockchains any time soon.

An appropriate selection of specification parameters guiding the coin network operation will ensure that there are fees and costs involved. In the future, perhaps it is possible that an AI could “learn” how to conduct activities to earn profit, but in order to go “rogue” it would need to do so with sufficient earnings to finance its activities.

These are certainly fantastical scenarios to think about that tickle our imaginations. But the reality is that we are quite a ways off from any of these scenarios becoming possible. Blockchains, the Bitcoin protocol and coin networks give us levers we can use to “manage” the evolution of an artificial intelligence existing on the blockchain. In fact, it would seem ideally suited to do so. So between now and then, we have plenty of control points we can leverage, and plenty of time to think about the types of gates and guardrails we will want to encode into the protocol to ensure a blockchain AI remains a “friendly AI.”

As we plan out the Sapience AIFX project to realize a blockchain artificial intelligence system, making sure it is controlled and “friendly” is a priority, however fantastical the above scenarios may seem today. You can get involved and help support our project by contributing to the crowdfund (http://crowdfund.blockchainsingularity.com) and helping us spread the word on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. All help is greatly appreciated, as we drive towards making this AI a reality. You can also check out our thread on BitcoinTalk at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864895.0.
AltCoin555

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:24:28 PM

Stephen Hawking: Humans evolve slowly, AI could stomp us out

http://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawking-ai-could-end-humanity/

Learn.
rhkazani1

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:19:23 PM

Yeah! 24 BTCs, We are now definitely getting to 25 BTCs.
neo666

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:12:40 AM

AFIK, there is no minimum of 25btc for starting project, dev just said that that's the ammount that is sufficient for him to work on AIFX for some time Wink  BUT I'm glad that manny more are interested in this, cause it's really something special to invest in!
Looking forward!
Cheers to all!
Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:21:40 AM

I vote for another round of funding immediately after this one or staggered at a later date.

Three reasons for this.

1: Adequate funding is crucial esp for such an ambitious project to come to life.

2: Getting a community on board at an early stage as opposed to just a few has a positive knock-on-effect in terms of promotion.

3: Discovered this towards end of latest round of ICO and need more time to convert some fiat to btc.

The more we support this project from the start as a community by making people aware of it and therefore increasing working capital (whilst the crowdfund is open) the higher chances it has of success.
Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:47:57 AM

"Devoutly to be wish’d. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there ’s the rub:
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,"

Shakespeare

https://twitter.com/CryptoPioneer/status/540093319314165761
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:14:57 PM

It's very nice to see this project reaching the necessary funds to move ahead!
There's still time (though just a few hours) for some more people to join the party, move it folks!  Wink

ethought
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:05:33 PM

I vote for another round of funding immediately after this one or staggered at a later date.

Three reasons for this.

1: Adequate funding is crucial esp for such an ambitious project to come to life.

2: Getting a community on board at an early stage as opposed to just a few has a positive knock-on-effect in terms of promotion.

3: Discovered this towards end of latest round of ICO and need more time to convert some fiat to btc.

The more we support this project from the start as a community by making people aware of it and therefore increasing working capital (whilst the crowdfund is open) the higher chances it has of success.

I hear what you are saying, but there have been several ICO extensions already.

I assume XAI will be available on Bittrex or equivalent soon enough - so once more people understand the significance of the potential of this project more people can get on board.

Personally, I say we get this show on the road.  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: