Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 08:32:30 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304639 times)
Bejkn

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 04:06:21 AM

I HODL and buy when Bitcoin is "dead". Seems to work most of the time. I also attemped doing day trading, I lost alot of money from that.

This is a smart trader and this is what the best of the best do, there is a saying 'when there is blood on the streets' it is time to buy! Rothschild.

I see Bitcoin in my local area for a premium and then i buy back in on the next dip i kind of do the same as you except when its 'dead' i am buying back in as i don't have much left lol

Basically the old rule buy low sell high find a place you can sell high mine is cash in my local area

sometimes short or margin trading is a better choice/
BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:06:28 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/inside-whale-club-the-trading-room-that-loves-bitcoin-price-declines/

dumping! dumping! dumping! dumping!!!
cjrosero

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

To God Be The Glory!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:33:21 PM

just buy low and sell high. very simple.
and on days with high volume trading can be very profitable.

Exactly, there is no other "method" for trading.  This is the only way you can trade and be profitable.

Where do you usually trade? any tips or site?
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:47:53 PM

Exactly, there is no other "method" for trading.  This is the only way you can trade and be profitable.

Learninig how to day trade, can learn on other actual fiat sites like eg: timsykes, etc.

The question is either can you use the same style for bitcoin. Some people are suggesting to buy here or whatever at this price. But, I dont think its wise to "chase" trades.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 05:05:45 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 07:42:13 PM by deisik

Exactly, there is no other "method" for trading.  This is the only way you can trade and be profitable.

Learninig how to day trade, can learn on other actual fiat sites like eg: timsykes, etc.

The question is either can you use the same style for bitcoin. Some people are suggesting to buy here or whatever at this price. But, I dont think its wise to "chase" trades.

There is a trading technique called Dollar-Cost Averaging, implementing which allows you to buy shares (for example) below the average market price in the long run. The technique consists in regular purchases of a relatively small fixed dollar amount of shares. In this manner, more shares will be purchased at lower prices, and less shares at higher prices, so the average cost per share will be diminishing with time. I see no difficulties in applying this technique to trading in bitcoins (though I didn't try it out personally)...

Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:23:15 AM

that strategy need professional help, individual users can't be competent for this job

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:17:25 AM

There is no strategy or data to look at when trading bitcoin. It absolutely is not like trading stocks.

madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:10:15 AM

day trading..
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:58:41 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 07:36:51 PM by Wardrick

This is why we can't have nice things. Nobody wants to buy something for $300 and have it be worth $250 the very next day.
cjrosero

Activity: 616

To God Be The Glory!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:01:32 PM

This is why we can't have nice things. Nobody wants to buy something for $300 and have it be worth $250 the very next day.

This is soo true. haha
coyne1981

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:04:16 PM

There is a trading technique called Dollar-Cost Averaging, implementing which allows you to buy shares (for example) below the average market price in the long run. The technique consists in regular purchases of a relatively small fixed dollar amount of shares. In this manner, more shares will be purchased at lower prices, and less shares at higher prices, so the average cost per share will be diminishing with time. I see no difficulties in applying this technique to trading in bitcoins (though I didn't try it out personally)...

This works assuming it will go up in the long run. To me that is more investing than trading. Trading consists of long and short positions so you are able to profit on the way down as well as up.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 10:12:00 PM

This works assuming it will go up in the long run. To me that is more investing than trading. Trading consists of long and short positions so you are able to profit on the way down as well as up.

No one can forbid you from selling a small fraction of your bitcoins on downward corrections, and then again pursue this investment strategy after the price rebounds. Also, could you name bitcoin exchanges that allow opening short positions? I'm interested in firsthand experience...

Bejkn

Activity: 219

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:28:58 AM

This is soo true. haha

the root of all evil
coyne1981

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:33:26 AM

No one can forbid you from selling a small fraction of your bitcoins on downward corrections, and then again pursue this investment strategy after the price rebounds. Also, could you name bitcoin exchanges that allow opening short positions? I'm interested in firsthand experience...

Btc-e.com and bitfinex.com are probably most popular. Both offer short trading and also leverage if you want it. I prefer bitfinex as customer support is way better.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 10:44:05 AM

Btc-e.com and bitfinex.com are probably most popular. Both offer short trading and also leverage if you want it. I prefer bitfinex as customer support is way better.

Bitfinex looks promising, and I will look into it later (though they don't trade doges, as I got it so far). I've heard not very good things about the Btc-e exchange (them seem to be keen on ruining their clients). Though, on the other hand, they are long enough in the trade (no pun) to just run away with money...

coyne1981

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:57:13 AM

Bitfinex looks promising, and I will look into it later (though they don't trade doges, as I got it so far). I've heard not very good things about the Btc-e exchange (them seem to be keen on ruining their clients). Though, on the other hand, they are long enough in the trade (no pun) to just run away with money...

Yes, i had a bad experience with btc-e so I'll admit I'm bias. I still have a few hundred dollars in account there that I can log into and trade but it is impossible to withdraw because the email associated with the account no longer exist. (They require you to confirm withdraws with an email). My fault for the email but customer support will not help me with this. I've submitted dozens of support tickets and jump through hoops to confirm I am the owner. Even proved I had the same IP as when the account was open. All that to no avail. So I chalked it up as a loss. Shrugs.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 11:03:33 AM

Yes, i had a bad experience with btc-e so I'll admit I'm bias. I still have a few hundred dollars in account there that I can log into and trade but it is impossible to withdraw because the email associated with the account no longer exist. (They require you to confirm withdraws with an email). My fault for the email but customer support will not help me with this. I've submitted dozens of support tickets and jump through hoops to confirm I am the owner. Even proved I had the same IP as when the account was open. All that to no avail. So I chalked it up as a loss. Shrugs.

You say that the email associated with your account no longer exists, but why is it impossible to recreate it? Did you forget the password to it, or was it an email at your previous work? Could you expand more on this, some people could probably help you with your woe...

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043

#Free market

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:24:08 AM

My personal trading strategy is :

Buy low and  hold for (at least) one month.

My second strategy :

Buy low and sell high.
coyne1981

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:25:07 AM

You say that the email associated with your account no longer exists, but why is it impossible to recreate it? Did you forget the password to it, or was it an email at your previous work? Could you expand more on this, some people could probably help you with your woe...

It was a gmail account that I deleted not remembering it was for btc-e. I never made withdrawls in the $700+ days. Hahaha. I actually tried to recreate it some time ago but was unable to. I wonder if gmail waits some amount of time and then allows one to take the username.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 11:33:35 AM

It was a gmail account that I deleted not remembering it was for btc-e. I never made withdrawls in the $700+ days. Hahaha. I actually tried to recreate it some time ago but was unable to. I wonder if gmail waits some amount of time and then allows one to take the username.

I don't think that you can fully delete your account at gmail (and still less do I believe that google returns deleted accounts to the pool of available emails). Did you register it with a phone confirmation? If you did, I guess you could restore it if you wrote to support...

If it is taken (hardly so), you could also try to contact the person behind it

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: