Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:10:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304621 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:39:30 AM

I buy low,wait ,after i sell with a high price
Not work,every time,but i use this method.

if you do it the right way, then it will work everytime. you just need to have patience and know what's causing the price to go down before you buy.

Predicting what is causing for the price movements is very difficult job. If that is true then we would have seen many successful traders to today however that is not completely true. Just trade with your own money and if you have long term vision then you can make profits from trading.

its not hard to know if the price of bitcoin goes up or down, just went to a site that give an information about the price of bitcoin today and yesterday, just go to that site everyday and you will know the price.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 04:35:43 PM

if you do it the right way, then it will work everytime. you just need to have patience and know what's causing the price to go down before you buy.

Predicting what is causing for the price movements is very difficult job. If that is true then we would have seen many successful traders to today however that is not completely true. Just trade with your own money and if you have long term vision then you can make profits from trading.

its not hard to know if the price of bitcoin goes up or down, just went to a site that give an information about the price of bitcoin today and yesterday, just go to that site everyday and you will know the price.
Or you can simply type on google bitcoin price and it will also give the price of bitcoin in your local currency also.
I use this trick everyday and also it saves my data of internet.

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:33:03 AM

Or you can simply type on google bitcoin price and it will also give the price of bitcoin in your local currency also.

It’s a mistake to think if you know when to enter a trade you’re ready to trade. Instead it’s best to think about the full picture of trading well and what you will do in all aspects of trading. “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”. Trading Is About More Than a Good Entry. You must know when to exit trade also.
BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:10:15 AM

don't trade for a year!

nearly, I followed this strategy  Tongue
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 03:18:58 AM

don't trade for a year!

Yes, but do you buy new coins to hold during that year?  Do you go all in on one coin then don't trade for a year, or do you buy, sell when high, buy new, etc.?
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:23:51 AM

A serious Question : Is technical analysis work on BTC ?

I think BTC world is fundamentally is based On fundamental analysis and very very Sensitive to News even unimportant news .......

However i think elliot wave in 4H chart is good for technical analysis
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 07:50:36 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 10:06:12 AM by deisik

A serious Question : Is technical analysis work on BTC ?

I think BTC world is fundamentally is based On fundamental analysis and very very Sensitive to News even unimportant news .......

However i think elliot wave in 4H chart is good for technical analysis

I'm afraid that technical analysis (Elliot waves, Fibonacci, and all that nonsense) doesn't work at all. Don't waste your time on this, it is an illusion that gives you some fake confidence and a feeling of ground under your feet where there is no bottom altogether. It may work sometimes, but it is no more than mere coincidence or pure luck...

Just like a broken clock is right twice a day

Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:45:49 AM

Yeah i also do that sometimes i search it to google and wait for a few seconds and then you now what the price of bitcoin to your currency, so simple, you know now when you buy and sell coins.
aakashsangwan

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 11:50:09 AM

It's just simple,  buy double the amount you have brought initially to reduce the losses and make a profit if odds are with you.
There's a saying that everything that goes up always comes down and vice versa is also true.

Some call this strategy "martingale" (in respect to trading). It is one of the best (if not the best) ways to lose money. And not only at gambling. You never know when and where the price will hit the bottom...

Since if you did, you wouldn't rely on this strategy in the first place
In gambling if we loose a bet then it's all gone from us and never come back.
But in case of trading it(altcoin) still remains with us and all we have to do is cut off the losses or if we have enough patience then earn much more of what we have invested.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 02:21:06 PM

It's just simple,  buy double the amount you have brought initially to reduce the losses and make a profit if odds are with you.
There's a saying that everything that goes up always comes down and vice versa is also true.

Some call this strategy "martingale" (in respect to trading). It is one of the best (if not the best) ways to lose money. And not only at gambling. You never know when and where the price will hit the bottom...

But in case of trading it(altcoin) still remains with us and all we have to do is cut off the losses or if we have enough patience then earn much more of what we have invested.

Try telling this to those who bought BTC at +1,000$ per coin (and then had been averaging all the way down)

And with altcoins it is not very far from gambling. There are a lot of dead coins where people kept to such ideas until they ultimately lost all their money...

MasterYii

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:12:31 PM

don't trade for a year!

So youre telling me not trading at all and holding is good!

Damn, only if everyone knew about this strategy everyone would be profitable.. no but really though I think holding btc is the best way to go.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:34:49 AM

Try telling this to those who bought BTC at +1,000$ per coin (and then had been averaging all the way down)

And with altcoins it is not very far from gambling. There are a lot of dead coins where people kept to such ideas until they ultimately lost all their money...

Perfect. Here many people thinking trading is very simple one can just find the current price to buy and sell when it go up. Trading is 24 hours hence if you don't sell at right position then you may end up in loosing every thing. As you said who ever brought at 1000+ they may not even see this price for ever also, if few more big countries ban btc.
BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:47:10 AM

don't trade for a year!

Yes, but do you buy new coins to hold during that year?  Do you go all in on one coin then don't trade for a year, or do you buy, sell when high, buy new, etc.?

it just means never do trading, buy and sell occasionally is being.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:46:01 AM

don't trade for a year!

So youre telling me not trading at all and holding is good!

Damn, only if everyone knew about this strategy everyone would be profitable.. no but really though I think holding btc is the best way to go.

the bad thing about this is that if everyone will do it, the price will not move at all, a bit like the condition we have right now, we the market is moving very slowly

i think that those will low amount should hold and nothing else, but the other with a bigger amount should trade

and everyone should use their coins regardless of the price, if they need something that is better purchased with bitcoin
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:02:21 PM

Invest on good altcoin, tried to analyze what coin would you invest.. Decided is it long term or short term.. 
aakashsangwan

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 05:25:15 PM

Perfect. Here many people thinking trading is very simple one can just find the current price to buy and sell when it go up. Trading is 24 hours hence if you don't sell at right position then you may end up in loosing every thing. As you said who ever brought at 1000+ they may not even see this price for ever also, if few more big countries ban btc.
I was reffering to invest in newly created altcoins and buying them before pre pump period and selling them in pump period surely gives us handsome returns.
But people gets greedy and think that they can make more with those shit coins and then are just left with their bags filled with those shitcoins.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 05:34:29 AM

Yeah I'm always baffled when I hear people say that they've found a '100% safe betting/trading system' and then it turns out to be a martingale. :')
Would only work if you had infinite amounts of money, and even then, you could theoretically get stuck in a losing streak for eternity Cheesy

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:45:41 AM

Yeah I'm always baffled when I hear people say that they've found a '100% safe betting/trading system' and then it turns out to be a martingale. :')
Would only work if you had infinite amounts of money, and even then, you could theoretically get stuck in a losing streak for eternity Cheesy

In trading this "martingale system" from gambling is correctly called averaging down

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:52:32 PM

Really? So can you point me to the site that you mean? Since when normal charts could show so easily where the price will go to then there wouldn't be so many that lose their coins with trading.

If you have success with trading then what do you look at to decide on where the price will move to?

Or did you write only theoretical and you don't have actual trading experience?
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:54:23 PM

And what does this have to do with trading and predicting where the price will moved to in the next time? You know trading means selling and buying so that you have more coins at the end.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: