Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304622 times)
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:19:22 AM

I do not have a real strategy to trade, I just sometimes take the risk to trade on the right moment.
The thing I mostly do is looking at the upcoming future and the price it has.

I also have the same thought, just sometimes trade when you want, I do not have a real plan but I just look at the prices and sometimes at the upcoming altcoins that are growing.
When you are trading without any proper plan, then you must hold your buying for some longer period. Otherwise, making profit consistently with your trading would be very much difficult. When you're holding for some period, then the bitcoin prices would be changing significantly. But holding your altcoins would be a riskier one.

Every strategy always have a risk. The problem is which strategy are we gonna use to minimalize our risk and get good payment. Because if all of them sure got risk no matter it is high risk or low risk still you have a risk to loss your bitcoin.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 06:40:21 AM

Simple strategy will work like share trading, because you can hold it until you want, so no pressure you to sell, I am using averaging strategy, when the price drop, I will buy again, when the price up I sell some of them, then wait for the drop.  There is no matter which time you enter, only matter is you must have some good amount of money and trade with small percentage.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:40:36 PM

I do not have a real strategy to trade, I just sometimes take the risk to trade on the right moment.

I also have the same thought, just sometimes trade when you want, I do not have a real plan but I just look at the prices and sometimes at the upcoming altcoins that are growing.
When you are trading without any proper plan, then you must hold your buying for some longer period. Otherwise, making profit consistently with your trading would be very much difficult. When you're holding for some period, then the bitcoin prices would be changing significantly. But holding your altcoins would be a riskier one.

Every strategy always have a risk. The problem is which strategy are we gonna use to minimalize our risk and get good payment. Because if all of them sure got risk no matter it is high risk or low risk still you have a risk to loss your bitcoin.

trading strategy has a critical part in an investment.  It is where you find your investment growing or failing.  There are different strategies to consider especially in trading considering the  individuals involve could be a part of the risk that you are evading.  So for trading the best strategy is to have a guideline on how you trade and to whom?  There are post in this forum that indicates trading done successfully you can add this to your guideline plus your own way of successful patterns then you can have a successful trading with the strategy that you can easily apply.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 04:16:43 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 09:47:06 PM by deisik

Simple strategy will work like share trading, because you can hold it until you want, so no pressure you to sell, I am using averaging strategy, when the price drop, I will buy again, when the price up I sell some of them, then wait for the drop.  There is no matter which time you enter, only matter is you must have some good amount of money and trade with small percentage.

You can also try (if you haven't already) what is called Dollar-Cost Averaging. It is a variation of an averaging strategy where you purchase shares for a fixed amount of dollars on a regular basis (say, once a month) without looking at the price of the stock. Consequently, you end up buying more shares when they are cheap and fewer shares when they are dear (since you always spend the same amount in dollars). This way you average down the price of one share which will become lower and lower over time...

And eventually you can kiss goodbye to your hated day job and live off dividends, lol

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:50:12 AM

Exactly. Anyone can trade bitcoin without any strategy or even without any experience also. Because, in long-term definitely bitcoin trading would be profitable. Just buy and watch your profits growing.
dsyahputera

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:10:42 AM

- snip -

Exactly. Anyone can trade bitcoin without any strategy or even without any experience also. Because, in long-term definitely bitcoin trading would be profitable. Just buy and watch your profits growing.
That is definitely an investment, isn't it? And I think trading is different from investing. Am I wrong? Also, I think also without a plan and strategies, we will get less profit than using strategies.
JollyTrades

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:38:27 AM

I can't believe people think trading bitcoin is profitable for the average Joe. It's like suggesting to buy lottery tickets. In the end, one day, you will win the lottery, bro!
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:59:10 AM

are you never trying buy high sell low to can buy back at lowest rate ?
i think it's better than you holding your coin for long time to get profit.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:33:04 AM

I can't believe people think trading bitcoin is profitable for the average Joe. It's like suggesting to buy lottery tickets. In the end, one day, you will win the lottery, bro!

that's why they need a pre compiled bot with a good strategy, they would on gain money in this way by few % each day

learning trading would only cost them tons of money at the beginning, learning with a small amount, would not put them in the same condition as big amount, because no emotion would be involved
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:40:39 AM

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped away is hardly a good idea
In my personal experience, there are a lot of chances for any bitcoin trader to sit and watch their profits keep on growing. But this must need lot of patience because only in long-term, there would be some assured profits with bitcoin trading.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped away is hardly a good idea
In my personal experience, there are a lot of chances for any bitcoin trader to sit and watch their profits keep on growing. But this must need lot of patience because only in long-term, there would be some assured profits with bitcoin trading

Trading assumes earning profits through a continuous loop of buys and sells. Sometimes you'd better stay away from trading altogether (for example, to watch your profits grow, lol), but this doesn't undermine the whole idea of trading...

Buy, sell, rinse, repeat (in a smart way, of course)

JollyTrades

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:57:07 PM

that's why they need a pre compiled bot with a good strategy, they would on gain money in this way by few % each day

learning trading would only cost them tons of money at the beginning, learning with a small amount, would not put them in the same condition as big amount, because no emotion would be involved

Are there such bots for sale? Any links please? Thanks in advance.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 01:57:50 PM

There are no such bots that would allow you to earn a few percents daily on a regular basis. Don't be misled about this. There are efforts to write bots that make use of arbitrage opportunities between exchanges, but it's not worth it...

I tested these waters, such bots are useful for signals (tracking the price), but nothing substantial beyond this

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:38:30 PM

There are no such bots that would allow you to earn a few percents daily on a regular basis. Don't be misled about this. There are efforts to write bots that make use of arbitrage opportunities between exchanges, but it's not worth it...

I tested these waters, such bots are useful for signals (tracking the price), but nothing substantial beyond this

Indeed these bots never can have a strategy because they simply do not have a mind and they will soon or later fail because of this fact.
I think they can do it okay but it will indeed not worth it due to the fact you need to code a lot of stuff.

absy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:42:30 PM

Indeed these bots never can have a strategy because they simply do not have a mind and they will soon or later fail because of this fact.
I think they can do it okay but it will indeed not worth it due to the fact you need to code a lot of stuff.

Bots are mainly used to hike the price , but you know , that too has a strategy, some huge whales who hold 10-20 btc , keep buying the coins at low level , this will surely hike the price and more people will get attracted seeing the price and the volume and when they place the buy order for more , the bot sells off everything it has bought . It maybe very less , like buying 10000 coins at 54 sats and selling all of them at 55 sats , but you will make money , sometimes people doesn't even bother about that and you loose money.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:56:22 PM

I've written a few bots myself for various exchanges (Criptsy, Bter, Bitfinex) that worked fine. But there were a number of problems. First, all the api's I'd seen were either outright broken, i.e. didn't work as expected (Criptsy), or just ugly (Bitfinex). Second, you had to be ready that the bot would get invalid data and could go nuts. For example, I've seen that Bitfinex fed data where bids (orders to buy) had been higher than asks (orders to sell). And third, bots are mechanical in their operation, so they are only effective for simple, unsophisticated strategies, which are not profitable by definition...

Price tracking bots are quite another matter, though

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 05:49:32 AM

well not daily but you can aim at an overall +ev esperience in the long run, unless you are playing in a market where very bot is better than you

but again at least one bot is doing good out there every day, it depend ho well the strategy was implement

pro are all using bot to trade there is no human trading anymore, if not for pure fun
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 06:02:55 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 09:39:06 AM by deisik

well not daily but you can aim at an overall +ev esperience in the long run, unless you are playing in a market where very bot is better than you

but again at least one bot is doing good out there every day, it depend ho well the strategy was implement

Which bot are you talking about, Willy-Nilly? Do you mean a bot set up by an exchange and front-running their client orders?

JollyTrades

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:19:17 AM

@deisik,

You're right. To claim profitability, the bot should be applicable through the API from outside. And I don't seek daily percentage profits. 20%pa is enough if the beta is significantly lower than 1.

Best,

Jian
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 07:38:44 AM

And while we are at it, could you as well tell me how you aim at an overall +ev experience? I mean the gory details. Or is it just a more subtle way to say "buy low, sell high"?

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: