Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 22407 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:07:01 PM

heh heh. Yeah. Um.

I am slicing up some fish today and getting ready to fry some soon...

Keep in mind a name change right now is a lot of work... A new logo would need to be made and all the websites and pools would have to be updated... It's going to be a lot of work anyway you slice it... Im not saying a name change is a bad thing in fact I would probably vote for one but right now?? Maybe there are bigger fish to fry before we think about changing the name... We can change the name anytime.

Something to consider...

Cheers,

Ghosty

Nice... Mmmmmm Fillet-0 FISH
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
McKie

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:12:02 PM

I would like to propose the name Genisys if anyone is still taking suggestions. I think it's a great play on genesis and system. Would go well with 2.0 stuff

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Martin958

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:03:42 PM

I would like to propose the name Genisys if anyone is still taking suggestions. I think it's a great play on genesis and system. Would go well with 2.0 stuff

Nice idea.

Can anyone expand on what 2.0 actually does to help with an appropriate name change?
aleckloss

Activity: 182

Official BitFoundry Dev

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:05:16 PM

Well, 2.0 was actually referring to a modular cryptocurrency where existing features could be implemented without affecting the core blockchain.

BitFoundry - The Future is Transparent
BTC Donation Address: 17pfLHegqJ3EPkbitbkyw37hi4ATvvJRdD
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:21:27 PM

Well, 2.0 was actually referring to a modular cryptocurrency where existing features could be implemented without affecting the core blockchain.

You mean new features can be implemented without affecting the core?

If so please give an example.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:34:51 PM

You mean new features can be implemented without affecting the core?

If so please give an example.

It means on the fly updates, meaning no mandatory wallet updates are needed so mining & staking (when implemented) can still go ahead as normal while just the internal code is updated.

MiracleCoin Dev done it in the early days when he was around, all was fixed on the fly without needing Wallet updates, though in saying that the built in Arb-Bots needed to have a wallet update for them to be used.
Ghost55

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:56:03 AM

There are other coins working on implementing the modular 2.0 stuff... Worldcoin is very close to completing this and they will have an auto-updating wallet very soon... It can be done and in fact  I think most coins that want to survive will follow or be left behind... So I am hoping we can keep that goal alive in this coin as well!!

Cheers,

Ghosty
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:54:59 AM

Keep in mind a name change right now is a lot of work... A new logo would need to be made and all the websites and pools would have to be updated... It's going to be a lot of work anyway you slice it... Im not saying a name change is a bad thing in fact I would probably vote for one but right now?? Maybe there are bigger fish to fry before we think about changing the name... We can change the name anytime.

Something to consider...

Cheers,

Ghosty

I agree totally, in stead of dealing with expressive issues, let's first support and build the technical issues. Namechange is alot of work, maybe when the functions are there to support it, it will be time to give a name change and PR ads campaign, so investor don't just buy into the new name, but new coin in itsell, with all promised functions Smiley

dominikf

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

Nice idea.

Can anyone expand on what 2.0 actually does to help with an appropriate name change?

I like the name Genisys.
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:09:13 PM

then why not
arkseed

and building on XCP like tatiana coin

sir i was good already
but darklight is my next coin

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
tberty

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Hope LTCD to get big update to help price rising and stable again.
compumine

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:38:17 PM

Roll Eyes

*Image Removed*
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 08:05:11 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 08:56:49 PM by TrollByFire

Not sure how useful this will be, but I thought I might drop this here to see how many people I can get thinking about this.

This was the layer diagram I was basing the 2.0 impmentation on.  I have several additional architectural diagrams that I'd be willing to share with the development team when and if our schedules align to allow it and if they are still interested.

Notably missing from this (admittedly old) diagram are the auditing service (read: block explorer, though the two are not quite the same thing) and the dependency between the transaction queue and the ledger service.  Omissions such as these are what have delayed my progress in updating the whitepaper with more correct descriptions of the architecture.

Some information on what you're seeing here:

The client layer describes client applications that help you manage (or generate) funds.  There is the wallet, which facilitates generating new transactions as well as displaying balances allocated to a given private key, as well as a special type of account (where the funds are not directly spendable) that facilitates generating what could be described as PoS blocks, though the moniker is not completely accurate in the case of the component model.  Also contained in the client layer is the "scribe", which performs duties similar to what you would call "mining" or PoW blocks.  The scribe's job is slightly different from a miner, however.  I will not get into the intricacies of how any of the components work, but its basic job is to transcribe a list of transactions along with a valid nonce into a block of a particular structure, format, and set of validating algorithm parameters (defined by the infrastructure layer).

The service directories layer manage the p2p aspects of the system and are responsible for handing data of various formats between the various services that make the network function.  Consider it the business logic of the system as it manages the p2p network, is responsible for concensus, and overall gives precedence to whichever chain it deems valid (based on a set of rules defined within the infrastructure layer.)  It then directs clients to the needed services based on the task that they wish to accomplish (whether it be sending money or transcribing blocks, or even simply auditing the chain).

The backend layer is responsible for maintaining the global list of pending transactions as well as the ledger itself.  Pending transactions with no confirmations (ie. not yet included within a block) are managed by the transaction queue and are eventually given to a scribe to be dealt with accordingly.  Once a given transaction has reached maturity, it is committed to the ledger and removed from the tx queue.  This is where the ledger daemon/server handles the actual storage of the blockchain.

Given this architecture, the requirement for maintaining a copy of the ledger becomes completely optional for a given user.  All wallets are thin clients by default.  A ledger has no ownership of coins and a server containing nothing but a ledger has no risk of having a wallet stolen or compromised.  Proof of work and proof of stake work hand in hand with a scribe to create and generate blocks which can be stored in a variety of formats depending on a particular ledger implementation (provided it follows the protocol specification) and IPC is as viable a communications layer as is RPC. 

With such an architecture, the codebase isn't stored as a large monolithic amalgam of routines and classes to form a complete application.  Instead, each client or service acts independently of all others, and a simple wallet update will not require a restart of a given ledger daemon.  That said, an update of a ledger daemon will not require stopping and restarting a wallet.  Scribes can keep working even with the local ledger (if you choose to run a ledger) offline.  Pools can happen entirely on the p2p network, and at no point are you required to run ALL of the services yourself just to use the currency.

This is about as detailed as I intend to get regarding the 2.0 architecture that I have devised in a public setting until after I have spoken with the development team regarding what they want to do with it (if anything) .  Suffice it to say, it is not a simple task.  It cannot be implemented in a short time frame to any degree of quality, and will almost definitely require that the majority of the codebase be rewritten from scratch.

I hope this has been enlightening for some of the less patient among you.  I am not currently involved with the development team for LTCD, and if they choose to implement my architecture, that decision lies squarely with them (and I assume still the community at large).  But rest assured, impatience and harsh criticisms of the developers will not likely get you there any faster.

The LTCD team has my full support and trust to ensure a bright future for LTCD as a whole.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:15:28 PM

Thanks Troll. It looks interesting!
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:51:37 PM

it seems promising
 a brilliant ray , trolloffire
i wanted to discuss with some of my own
ideas some time with you.

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 10:53:04 PM

Thanks Troll. It looks interesting!

Thank you.

For everyone else:

Out of respect for the developers, as my work on 2.0 architecture is no longer directly related to LTCD, I would request that further discussion regarding the tech be handled elsewhere other than this thread as my architecture may or may not be used in the development of LTCD pending review and discussion by the development team.  If you have questions about the design or architecture that I am proposing, they should be addressed toward me and in PM.  

This is subject to change depending on any decisions made by the LTCD team in the future.

Good luck, everyone.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:06:01 AM

what did you now ?  joking Cool these things happen, still a holder and seeing new engineering talent around and adventure continues, you got my support and God speed

one advice maybe and looking around various top teams I am scrutinizing constant. seriously don't rush, even under community pressure, take time develop features test them proper and have fun in the process, and community! suspend greed instincts once in a while  Cool
iamnicholas

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:28:44 AM

..hello litecoindark community..
..i am nicholas from the land of aus..
..just a quick post to firstly say hello..i love this coin n have no interest in selling any of my coins..
..i value integrity n honesty n our beloved dev's are truly salt of the earth..
..be patient with them..their's is a gift of love n kindness..let's do our best to remain positive n jovial..
..no judgement..i am still a noob n in my first months i have engaged in trolling n negative speech n regret it..always remember that if we truly wish our community - our family - to grow wider n deeper we must represent ourselves positively n respectfully so new visitors who read our thread feel an attraction n kind affiliation with us..
..this is not to say that we can not disagree n debate n push each other intellectually..no no..it's just a level of restraint is always required..we are human..we sometimes wear our grumpy pants..n in times like these i suggest we vent through private messages to each other rather than public posts..
..also..if possible..let's make sure we keep each page of our thread rolling with interesting n intellectually stimulating conversation so visitors know we are not only a friendly family, but a creative one, seeking to push ahead into wider waters of usefulness..
..much love..
nicholas

ps. i am not a coder..but i do have skills in empathy, patience n encouragement..i would like to play n active role in this community in anyway you need, so if you have any specific tasks, please pm me n i will do my best
iamnicholas

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:37:23 AM

..also in my humble opinion i think we should remain as litecoindark..
..it is a good name..
..if i were to create from scratch, i would pick something else, however litecoin has credibility, darkcoin as well, bitcoindark is booming, litecoindark for better or worse is actually quite a special name..
..the darkcoin community debated long n hard about a name change, n they were wise to keep it..yes, i think 'dark' is not the wisest choice for anonymity, however, it is what it is, n from what i can see, most coins that either rebrand, relaunch, or change too much cut off their nose to spite their face..
..sometimes, the best course of action is to do nothing, especially if there is a possibility that making change will be negative..
..also..
..most coins that discuss name changes n logo competitions etc on threads die very quickly..
..i think the original logo was cheesy, but the current logo is fantastic..
..so, just an idea, but how about for the next week or two whilst the dev's are organizing the direction, we try to discuss n debate the direction n function of the coin, ways to grow n promote n communicate n all the various obstacles in front of us..
nxo

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:14:35 AM

Maybe you should rebrand the Coin and change the name to "LightCoinDark" and get a Cool Ying/Yang type logo geared to the balance of life and the evolution of the technology in the financial industry. I think POW is bad from a price point of view, POW miners need to pay bills and so will sell most coins. I think the best option would be to go into POS or atleast a hybrid before going into the 2.0 structure and then adapt it as you need from there. If you have a POS only coin, you get very little selling pressure and may infact even suffer from lack of volume because everyone is Staking their Coins and nothing is on the exchanges.

Personally I prefer Proof of Stake only Coins and they do much better over time and during times of full downtrend it won't do as bad, Coin holders can be much more generous as well. LiteCoinDark and ReddCoin are both based off of LiteCoin, couldn't you just adapt POSV as the preferred method of inflation?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: