Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:05:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 22415 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ghost55

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:16:03 PM

Maybe you should rebrand the Coin and change the name to "LightCoinDark" and get a Cool Ying/Yang type logo geared to the balance of life and the evolution of the technology in the financial industry. I think POW is bad from a price point of view, POW miners need to pay bills and so will sell most coins. I think the best option would be to go into POS or atleast a hybrid before going into the 2.0 structure and then adapt it as you need from there. If you have a POS only coin, you get very little selling pressure and may infact even suffer from lack of volume because everyone is Staking their Coins and nothing is on the exchanges.

Personally I prefer Proof of Stake only Coins and they do much better over time and during times of full downtrend it won't do as bad, Coin holders can be much more generous as well. LiteCoinDark and ReddCoin are both based off of LiteCoin, couldn't you just adapt POSV as the preferred method of inflation?

Funny you say that cause if you look at the header logo for the Reddit site it's a Ying/Yang symbol!! : ) My friend made that at my suggestion...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Litecoindark/

Cheers,

Ghosty
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:35:41 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 08:25:02 PM by Martin958

Again for those us not technically aware of 2.0's main attritubes despite a nice flow chart, what are LTCD's BEST features that define it more than other coins.

If it's speed then something like Turbocoin

If it's stealth then Dark in the name is warrented.

Some combination of speed and stealth, then both of them....Etc etc
vicvelcro (OP)

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:06:44 PM

I still believe that having "Dark" in the name is just asking for the wrong kind of attention and will lead to trouble. Some other word to substitute instead of "Dark" would be wise, in my own opinion.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Martin958

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:15:49 PM

I still believe that having "Dark" in the name is just asking for the wrong kind of attention and will lead to trouble. Some other word to substitute instead of "Dark" would be wise, in my own opinion.

I agree so its neither stealthy or dark. And its not Litecoin either.

So we have a modular design (if 2.0 is implemented) with some speed involved. Any other attributes worth throwing in to help inspire a relevant name?
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:58:15 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 05:31:56 AM by vicvelcro

Expense paid out

285c6b14e2c82d68ea49bb9eb009866ee774c2cc11f7a26fe6c20ea38f04ced3
First Payment for Coding - job ltcd-12-04-2014-01
0.5 BTC

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:29:27 AM

Expense paid out

Nice... Progress..... But you never posted how much? But then again we all can go the the explorer and check for ourselves. KEEP UP THE GREAT FANTASTIC WORK GUYS!!! Let's make X-mas come EARLY!

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:32:30 AM

Ooops. Fixed it.

0.5 BTC was sent.

Expense paid out

Nice... Progress..... But you never posted how much? But then again we all can go the the explorer and check for ourselves. KEEP UP THE GREAT FANTASTIC WORK GUYS!!! Let's make X-mas come EARLY!

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:36:23 AM

I disagree with this, you can have Dark as part of the name and you only bring about the wrong attention when you do things you shouldn't do. Has anyone scooped up DarkMatter? That would be an awesome name!
vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:39:36 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 06:03:21 AM by vicvelcro

Wrong. If I send my grandma 1 LTCD for Christmas, the NSA will be sniffing all over it, just because "DARK" is part of the coin name. Doesn't matter what the purpose of the transfer is. All coins with "DARK" in the name are being monitored for all transactions. TOR doesn't hide from them.

The following links take are basic articles that vaguely touch on the subject. I won't post anything better because I don't want any of us to be directly connected to such information. Use these as a starting point to learn what's what. Dig deeper on your own initiative but do not post links for the 'good stuff' in this topic. They will be deleted.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/nsa-and-gchq-agents-leak-tor-bugs-alleges-developer.2121/
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28886462
http://blog.anonymousbitcoinbook.com/

I disagree with this, you can have Dark as part of the name and you only bring about the wrong attention when you do things you shouldn't do. Has anyone scooped up DarkMatter? That would be an awesome name!

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:49:13 AM

I wonder how many they can monitor especially with so many others coming out.

Wrong. If I send my grandma 1 LTCD for Christmas, the NSA will be sniffing all over it, just because "DARK" is part of the coin name. Doesn't matter what the purpose of the transfer is. All coins with "DARK" in the name are being monitored for all transactions. TOR doesn't hide from them.

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:52:17 AM

They already monitor all electronic communications of all types. Phones, xbox chats, email everywhere, walkie talkies, cell phones, VoIP, etc etc. You don't need to wonder anymore. All of it and the capacity to monitor anything new that might come along, and have the reserve capacity already in place for the next few years.

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:46:06 AM

..also in my humble opinion i think we should remain as litecoindark..
..it is a good name..
..if i were to create from scratch, i would pick something else, however litecoin has credibility, darkcoin as well, bitcoindark is booming, litecoindark for better or worse is actually quite a special name..
..the darkcoin community debated long n hard about a name change, n they were wise to keep it..yes, i think 'dark' is not the wisest choice for anonymity, however, it is what it is, n from what i can see, most coins that either rebrand, relaunch, or change too much cut off their nose to spite their face..
..sometimes, the best course of action is to do nothing, especially if there is a possibility that making change will be negative..
..also..
..most coins that discuss name changes n logo competitions etc on threads die very quickly..
..i think the original logo was cheesy, but the current logo is fantastic..
..so, just an idea, but how about for the next week or two whilst the dev's are organizing the direction, we try to discuss n debate the direction n function of the coin, ways to grow n promote n communicate n all the various obstacles in front of us..
nxo

Totally agree, after that we can allways think about a namechange, ones we have something to show!

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:04:04 AM

Ok so then just look into more anonymity, I just don't see how it should matter since the government doesn't go out of its way to stifle innovation when it's so public. There is nothing that can stop a person from owning coins and it's not like likecoindark is building nukes.

They already monitor all electronic communications of all types. Phones, xbox chats, email everywhere, walkie talkies, cell phones, VoIP, etc etc. You don't need to wonder anymore. All of it and the capacity to monitor anything new that might come along, and have the reserve capacity already in place for the next few years.

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:06:35 AM

Changing the name later means a new wallet etc etc. Changing it in combination with other changes would cost less if the changes were all rolled into ONE update. Suppose we have a new wallet coded to add a feature, the coding costs. Then we decide to change the name later, the coding costs again.

..also in my humble opinion i think we should remain as litecoindark..
..it is a good name..
..if i were to create from scratch, i would pick something else, however litecoin has credibility, darkcoin as well, bitcoindark is booming, litecoindark for better or worse is actually quite a special name..
..the darkcoin community debated long n hard about a name change, n they were wise to keep it..yes, i think 'dark' is not the wisest choice for anonymity, however, it is what it is, n from what i can see, most coins that either rebrand, relaunch, or change too much cut off their nose to spite their face..
..sometimes, the best course of action is to do nothing, especially if there is a possibility that making change will be negative..
..also..
..most coins that discuss name changes n logo competitions etc on threads die very quickly..
..i think the original logo was cheesy, but the current logo is fantastic..
..so, just an idea, but how about for the next week or two whilst the dev's are organizing the direction, we try to discuss n debate the direction n function of the coin, ways to grow n promote n communicate n all the various obstacles in front of us..
nxo

Totally agree, after that we can allways think about a namechange, ones we have something to show!

vicvelcro (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:07:50 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 07:20:41 AM by vicvelcro

Simply put, I don't want the mutherfuckin NSA knowing what I give my granny for christmas. Sure, no harm, but shit man it is none of their damned business.

You might not care. I do.

Their computing power is way better at penetrating any anonymity, if they really want to do so. The computers we use to encrypt are puny in comparison. The primary issue is - don't look suspicious and we reduce their level of curiousity. Paint "Free Candy" on the side of a church bus, and it just looks bad and people WILL look.

"DARK" is a keyword that triggers the NSA automated system to increase the scrutiny of the contents of transactions. You can thank Silk Road and Silk Road 2 for that.

If we don't look like trouble, we stand a better chance of being ignored.

Ok so then just look into more anonymity, I just don't see how it should matter since the government doesn't go out of its way to stifle innovation when it's so public. There is nothing that can stop a person from owning coins and it's not like likecoindark is building nukes.

mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:54:30 AM

ok vic when you have a list of names for the coin can be made a poll with name for voting ?

my name idea :
Coriolis

natural

universal

Superseed

this one is to catch

searched with google:
name and bitcointalk
no coin found
the name are not used

for some fans
it even might be xadoom

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
dominikf

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:03:00 AM

Simply put, I don't want the mutherfuckin NSA knowing what I give my granny for christmas. Sure, no harm, but shit man it is none of their damned business.

You might not care. I do.

Their computing power is way better at penetrating any anonymity, if they really want to do so. The computers we use to encrypt are puny in comparison. The primary issue is - don't look suspicious and we reduce their level of curiousity. Paint "Free Candy" on the side of a church bus, and it just looks bad and people WILL look.

"DARK" is a keyword that triggers the NSA automated system to increase the scrutiny of the contents of transactions. You can thank Silk Road and Silk Road 2 for that.

If we don't look like trouble, we stand a better chance of being ignored.

Indeed. Let's give it a postive name. Something catchy where people think good things when they see the name.
Martin958

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:19:17 AM

RIPS  (Rapid Internet Payment System)?

Rip Speed trade name?
Martin958

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:23:40 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 11:52:22 AM by Martin958

Expense paid out

0.5 BTC

Well done on a responsible professional job.

If only the previous Dev did things like this. Speaking of which has LitecoinDark revealed his pre-mine spendings yet?
Martin958

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:56:43 AM

Expense paid out

0.5 BTC

Well done on a responsible job done professionally.

If only the previous Dev did things like this. Speaking of which has LitecoinDark revealed his pre-mine spendings yet?

There is no need to talk bad or assume something bad was going on back then.
I dont think that LitecoinDark(FDev) Sold out the 80% and then "ran".

And even if he did.. I dont blame him nor am I mad. He invested more than 20 BTC into this project and sadly had to leave it.
We are lucky and greatfull that a new team has stepped up and great things are about to happen.

Lets focus on the future and not talk about the past Smiley

Try to read my post. I want to know what he has already used the pre-mine for so we can focus on what else needs to be done!

Although now you bring it up - "even if he did" sell 80% and ran as you say, I would be very annoyed. No-one has the right to do that just because they invested 20 BTC!!

That's his investment to make and no-one else should pay for it, especially when other people invested their own money on the promise of pre-mine funded development.

Having said that, LitecoinDark may have simply used the 80% for that purpose (development only). He is just very poor at coming forward with a list of things spent on which doesn't help people understand. Perhaps he has informed the new Devs already on that spending, and we just need to be told.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: