Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:24:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436010 times)
zxbball

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:09:53 AM

dev i would recommend looking at twirst which is a p2p microblog with bitcoin protocol and bittorrent protocol. but it's biggest defect is that bitcoin protocol not Monetization。

could you innovation a monetization bittorrent.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:46:32 AM

dev i would recommend looking at twirst which is a p2p microblog with bitcoin protocol and bittorrent protocol. but it's biggest defect is that bitcoin protocol not Monetization。

Thank you for your interest in our project,

We’re working toward in adding crypto-currency support to torrent meta-data.

One of our goal with the vTorrent is to help encourage content creators to share, and let the fans show their love and support to their favourite artists by directly award them with VTR currency.
ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:58:16 AM

Nothing revealed about the project yet. We need more info. Is there a whitepaper?

We're currently in the process of preparing our whitepaper. We will post a screencast or screenshot of our client with torrent functionally build-in soon, but our goal is not just to have client with ability to download/upload files in torrent protocol, we're looking to create limewire/kazaa with blockchain at core.

Stay tuned!

No one wants limewire/kazaa, we want TPB but without servers or domain names that can be seized.

DHT, PEX, and magnet links mean we don't need trackers or .torrent files anymore.

Just create a coin that allows people to embed a magnet link within the metadata of a block for a nominal fee.  Keyword being nominal.  I doubt those who upload torrents regularly for free will want to pay much for the privilege.  Burn the coins that are paid to ensure a steady demand for new coins.

Make it POS and hopefully the network generates just enough demand to make it worthwhile for stakers to hold their coins and sell their stakes everyday to uploaders.

It is hard to monetize torrenting since the whole point of it in the first place is people sharing free shit.  If I need to pay to torrent, I'll just start streaming shit from amazon instant video.

No one would get rich off this but I don't understand why it wouldn't work...........
ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:03:17 AM

We’re working toward in adding crypto-currency support to torrent meta-data.

One of our goal with the vTorrent is to help encourage content creators to share, and let the fans show their love and support to their favourite artists by directly award them with VTR currency.

I can already see this project is doomed to failure because you are denying the reality of why people torrent.

Content creators don't want to share without DRM, and if I want to show my love and support to my favorite artists I will award them with my USD by buying their stuff.
silverduck

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:03:38 AM

are this going to be a new "utorrent" software client, or a new TPB torrent site, if the second one with torrents hosted by you or by TPB? more info pls
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:11:45 AM

No one wants limewire/kazaa, we want TPB but without servers or domain names that can be seized.

DHT, PEX, and magnet links mean we don't need trackers or .torrent files anymore.

Just create a coin that allows people to embed a magnet link within the metadata of a block for a nominal fee.  Keyword being nominal.  I doubt those who upload torrents regularly for free will want to pay much for the privilege.  Burn the coins that are paid to ensure a steady demand for new coins.

Make it POS and hopefully the network generates just enough demand to make it worthwhile for stakers to hold their coins and sell their stakes everyday to uploaders.

It is hard to monetize torrenting since the whole point of it in the first place is people sharing free shit.  If I need to pay to torrent, I'll just start streaming shit from amazon instant video.

No one would get rich off this but I don't understand why it wouldn't work...........

"TPB but without servers or domain names that can be seized."
   This is exactly what we're hoping to achieved and it is a big part of it.

"I doubt those who upload torrents regularly for free will want to pay much for the privilege."
   You kind of got the idea backward there, uploaders or sharer in our network get will get paid (if they choose to) from the people who download their content not the other way around.

The network backend will first be POW and shift to full POS in later stage.

vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:51:41 AM

are this going to be a new "utorrent" software client, or a new TPB torrent site, if the second one with torrents hosted by you or by TPB? more info pls

We're working toward solution that will make the need of TPB and such sites absolute, all torrents will be distributed and available by utilising blockchain technology.
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:28:29 AM

First post updated with early-beta version of client screenshot, currently only download function is available.

Network and client is still in the testing process, we will announce the release date and detail specification about the coin soon.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 06:30:15 AM

First post updated with early-beta version of client screenshot, currently only download function is available.

Network and client is still in the testing process, we will announce the release date and detail specification about the coin soon.
Looks interesting. Can't wait for launch.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 06:45:53 AM

Well would definitely love to find out more details about this one. I'm a big torrent user, have been for years and I think your idea of rewarding users for sharing has great potential. I can totally see how this tech could be integrated into sites like Demonoid. Will be watching this thread  Smiley
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:36:07 AM

Well would definitely love to find out more details about this one. I'm a big torrent user, have been for years and I think your idea of rewarding users for sharing has great potential. I can totally see how this tech could be integrated into sites like Demonoid. Will be watching this thread  Smiley

Feel free to share your idea, we hope to get suggestions from the community and we will try to implement them if we could.

Our ultimate goal is to make vTorrent to be the choice of all the torrent user.
Ryse

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:24:08 AM

Nice concept if it all works out. Waiting for more info

We are all stardust.
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:06:51 PM

Nothing revealed about the project yet. We need more info. Is there a whitepaper?

We're currently in the process of preparing our whitepaper. We will post a screencast or screenshot of our client with torrent functionally build-in soon, but our goal is not just to have client with ability to download/upload files in torrent protocol, we're looking to create limewire/kazaa with blockchain at core.

Stay tuned!

What's the plan with distribution of your coin? ICO? pure mining? POW/POS?

There will not be ICO/IPO, we believe the best way to distributed fairly is still through mining.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:13:11 PM

vague eta for launch? month? year?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:19:01 PM

vague eta for launch? month? year?

hopefully we can launch very soon (as soon as tomorrow), we want to make sure everything is perfect before launch.
TTCoin

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:33:45 PM

Seems to be an interesting project
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

Looking forward to this one.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:40:46 PM

From reading this , i assume the idea is that people get your coin for uploading stuff that has to be bought , like piratebay , and i get how you're gonna be able to pay them. However , lets for a second assume this is not just another scam coin , WHY would anyone want to download from this instead of ex piratebay? and why in the name of god , would people be buying this coin if it would just be constant dumping from people that uploaded stuff. I see some kind of idea here , but in my eyes this is just another scam , please give us more details.
Cryptour

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:58:49 PM

I am guessing this will be ico  Huh
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:08:03 PM

Stay tuned!

What's the plan with distribution of your coin? ICO? pure mining? POW/POS?

There will not be ICO/IPO, we believe the best way to distributed fairly is still through mining.

Do you mean POW mining like in bitcoin?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: