Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:47:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436016 times)
yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:02:42 PM

I started a poll about how to continue with vTorrent coins.

1. Keep it as it is ( No changes at all )
2. Decreasing mining block size to 10 ( There won´t be any change on the amount of POW created coins, but they will be created in a much larger timespan, like 10 years instead of ~ 30 days actually )
3. Going fully POS   (Going fully POS right now, which means rigorous changes at all)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=906844

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 01:03:55 PM

One of the vTorrent user yumei have started a poll for us regarding block reward issue,

vTorrent investors and miners please drop by and leave your feedback on block reward at

Thank you all for your support.
Do not fork.
Why?
If you do that, less people will be able to get coins through mining phase.
Mining = backbone of crypto.

Most of people who're asking for block reward reduction, just want to get money quickly. They're afraid for their investment. Which is logical. They started mining with the current scheme, so they took a risk. That should be enough to say.

I don't see what's wrong with a 2 month mining period. When mining ends, price will skyrocket.
If we consider this project is legit, this coin has a bright future ahead.

That's all from me. Voted in his topic.

3. Going fully POS   (Going fully POS right now, which means rigorous changes at all)
This will create a hype and coin is going to die in less than 2 weeks. I've seen this happening.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:08:34 PM

One of the vTorrent user yumei have started a poll for us regarding block reward issue,

vTorrent investors and miners please drop by and leave your feedback on block reward at

Do not fork.
Why?

Most of people who're asking for block reward reduction, just want to get money quickly. They're afraid for their investment. Which is logical. They started mining with the current scheme, so they took a risk. That should be enough to say.

I don't see what's wrong with a 2 month mining period. When mining ends, price will skyrocket.

That's all from me. Voted in his topic.

3. Going fully POS   (Going fully POS right now, which means rigorous changes at all)
This will create a hype and coin is going to die in less than 2 weeks. I've seen this happening.

Thank you for your feedback.

After voting is done, I will review all of the options throughly again.
yumei

Activity: 185

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:44:14 PM

Do not fork.
Why?

Its already not worthwhile mining vTorrent, you will lose money if you don´t have new generation miners with a low price electricity facility.
This kind of miners are not mining for the believe of the crypto, they are only mining to sell it and make profit instantly (what is actually happening with bitcoins as well). Its actually a lot cheaper to buy the coin than to mine it for "regular miners".

Well and most people who´re voting for stay as it is, are afraid of their company mining incomes ?!

In 2 month mining period the coin could die or even being replaced by another coin with better economic asset structure (thats what I am also afraid of bitcoins, who knows bitcoin will not being replaced by another coin until the next block rewards?)
ldp5500

Activity: 173

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:54:34 PM

I started a poll about how to continue with vTorrent coins.

1. Keep it as it is ( No changes at all )
2. Decreasing mining block size to 10 ( There won´t be any change on the amount of POW created coins, but they will be created in a much larger timespan, like 10 years instead of ~ 30 days actually )

Keep mining, so that more people involved.
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:19:37 PM

Hi, so new to this coin, but here's some things to consider when doing community polls. 99% of cryptos are scams, people involved long enough know this. So to do a poll some will vote in favor of a quick $$$ and not in best interest of coin.

If you are serious about developing this coin, I would suggest long term mining, NO POS. All POS really is a scam except peercoin (paycoin is peercoin ripoff and a huge ponzi).

So really IMO if you want to be legit, you go long term years of mining, that is really only way to get more coins longer period of time and grow this coin naturally. POS will kill this coin and make it a pump and dump. Nobody will invest new money into POS, and unless they are noobs no new investments will grow. Usually same stakeholders keep coins up, overall is rule, not absolute for all POS coins though. BC, Peercoin exception, NXT not bad coin but mostly same holders.

Anyways, If you are serious about developing this coin, and doing something big, then stay with LONGTERM POW, and up blocks over the years, maybe smaller rewards, and do it sooner than later.

My 2 cents.
cryptodaknight

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:21:55 PM

Do not fork.
Why?

Its already not worthwhile mining vTorrent, you will lose money if you don´t have new generation miners with a low price electricity facility.
This kind of miners are not mining for the believe of the crypto, they are only mining to sell it and make profit instantly (what is actually happening with bitcoins as well). Its actually a lot cheaper to buy the coin than to mine it for "regular miners".

Well and most people who´re voting for stay as it is, are afraid of their company mining incomes ?!

In 2 month mining period the coin could die or even being replaced by another coin with better economic asset structure (thats what I am also afraid of bitcoins, who knows bitcoin will not being replaced by another coin until the next block rewards?)

BINGO!! Developer take note, you need mining. It's backbone to a real coin. If this goes POS I'll be out for sure and POS is a coin killing profit maker.
cryptodaknight

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:59:11 PM

@vTorrent knowing 99% of cryptos are just flat out scams, what can you do to prove to investors this coin is legit? Can you release something big, proof of developer, any other things to build trust for community to rally behind?

Would be huge if people know they are investing in a legit coin vs. another scam.

Thanks.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:26:45 PM

Proof of developer would get a lot more people on board.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:36:23 PM

Proof of developer would get a lot more people on board.
Yes I agree but fuck that Crypto Asian dude because how many coins has he given 5+ rating to and they turned out to be scam coins.  I don't know him personally but I'm assuming that he is probably easily paid off for ratings but then again that is just my opinion.  I think if you really wanna draw a crowd give a link to some social media profile of you or something Smiley I honestly wanted to open my own exchange where the only way a coin could be listed is if the developers of the coins divuldged their personal information so people knew that they took their coins seriously!!! But then again that is just my opinion Smiley You would be one of the first to be that out about yourself and your coin Smiley No more hiding behind screens show the world who you truly are and I'll guarantee that you will get a huge response from it my friend Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:56:20 PM

@vTorrent knowing 99% of cryptos are just flat out scams, what can you do to prove to investors this coin is legit? Can you release something big, proof of developer, any other things to build trust for community to rally behind?

Would be huge if people know they are investing in a legit coin vs. another scam.

Thanks.

There will be no POD since I choose to remains anonymous with the project, and I fail to see why real legit coin would need a 'PoD'.

No need for me to repeat all of the example from the project with a perfect score on 'PoD' but still is a perfect scam.

Is there anything NOT legit about vTorrent? It is a fair mining coin since started, and honestly I don't even have the miner myself.

There is no Pump and Dump group behind this coin and I am working hard to make vTorrent the best coin out there.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:01:06 PM

Thanks.

There will be no POD since I choose to remains anonymous with the project, and I fail to see why real legit coin would need a 'PoD'.

No need for me to repeat all of the example from the project with a perfect score on 'PoD' but still is a perfect scam.

Is there anything NOT legit about vTorrent? It is a fair mining coin since started, and honestly I don't even have the miner myself.

There is no Pump and Dump group behind this coin and I am working hard to make vTorrent the best coin out there.
I understand where you are coming from and I know that a lot of developers like to stay anonymous with their coins and that's understandable but what I think my friend was suggesting is that with a POD or something like that it makes the investors feel safer investing in the coin.  I have no doubt in my mind that you are here for your coin and you are a very active Dev and I really appreciate that Smiley It's one of the first things that got me into vTorrent in the first place Smiley Keep up the good work and you just do what you feel is right alright Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

pnoch

Activity: 127

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:32:21 PM

Thanks.

In my opinion PoD is nothing but a useless tools for scammer to use and try to make their project 'looks legit' and make a quick buck.

I am here because of the 'proof of work' from the developer like you. I will not invest a single dime in a project that need to hire everything just to get anything started with nice marketing and 'dev team' behind it. (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900716.msg9966323#msg9966323).

Real development being done and developer that is as active as you is the kind of project that I will invest my money in and support.

And remember guys, we are buying from the miners not the developer. This is not an ICO project. (And thank god for that Smiley)

Cheers!
reinmar532

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:32:03 PM

POW ends at 97k block or 97k POW block? Because there are suppose to be 20mln coins total. Now we are at 36k block and only 4,2+mln coins exists. So with current tandencies at 97k block only around 10mln coins will be created. Am I understending it correct?
pnoch

Activity: 127

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:56:51 PM

POW ends at 97k block or 97k POW block? Because there are suppose to be 20mln coins total. Now we are at 36k block and only 4,2+mln coins exists. So with current tandencies at 97k block only around 10mln coins will be created. Am I understending it correct?

I would think you are right, vTorrent is hybrid PoW/PoS and we can find number of last block in main.h

Code:
static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 97000;

20mil is simply maximum possible supply, we will most likely end PoW with supply much lower than that, and being investor I have no problem with that Wink

Cheers!
cryptodaknight

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:58:35 PM

No insult was mean, just most coins are scams so many do wonder.

I know I said this once, but I think it's big big mistake going POS if your in this for long haul. POS just makes the rich richer staking. I just think it's horrible idea if you want this coin to go places.

Having mining community (POS coins don't attract miners) on your side is huge asset in making long term coin. 200 x the coin count, just do it small blocks longer term.
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:06:08 AM

No insult was mean, just most coins are scams so many do wonder.

I know I said this once, but I think it's big big mistake going POS if your in this for long haul. POS just makes the rich richer staking. I just think it's horrible idea if you want this coin to go places.

Having mining community (POS coins don't attract miners) on your side is huge asset in making long term coin. 200 x the coin count, just do it small blocks longer term.

Thank you for your feedback.

Going full POS is never and NOT my intention, I agree with having mining community behind the project is a good thing.

The poll is just to get feedback from the community and it was setup by investor who believes mining with big PoW reward is currently killing the value of the VTR.

After the poll I will consider all of the options throughly again.
_ronan_

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:06:59 AM

Don't worry about POD.. It's worthless.. I have seen countless coins that have POD which ended up being scams.. It gives an investor a false sense of security. As long as progress is being made stay Anon.

Also remember your community doesn't always have to agree and that's normal.

PayCon PFN3TzwaYc4CXQoDaETXfBApSbBiJrAPZC

In PayCon we trust
Joori

Activity: 192

Just an average guy with an average job!

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:13:43 AM

Don't worry about POD.. It's worthless.. I have seen countless coins that have POD which ended up being scams.. It gives an investor a false sense of security. As long as progress is being made stay Anon.

Also remember your community doesn't always have to agree and that's normal.

^^ POD is rubbish. You may aswell give your info to some random stranger on the street because it's basically the same thing. I'm pretty comfortable with regular updates on development and socializing with the community as a general rule. I mean lets face it, the community is invested in this coin or any coin by means of mining (unless the coin isn't mineable), not CryptoAsian or whoever that offers such an unnecessary service. Currently the nethash rate is over 10GH which means a fair few people are mining this coin because they think it'll be worth something. Lets confirm their assumptions and just keep developing the coin at whatever pace is required to achieve the end goal.... which is torrent's on the blockchain Smiley

The fact there is no ICO/IPO/CRAP/GAY/RETARDED money grabbing on VTR is a big plus in my books and lots of others... I think if a developer is keen on his/her project then you don't need any funding from outside sources cause development of anything takes time even if you're rich and can afford tonnes of BTC to pay others to develop your project very quickly. There will always be community members willing to help develop anything that is asked of them if they can, it could just take a little longer than planned but this is also why we have Github and various other community driven services to help each other out.

Lets not forget Bitcoin took 3yrs before it exploded into what it is today but that doesn't mean any coin after BTC will be the same. It's merely a benchmark for what a coin can achieve given enough development and interest is thrown at it and the dev just doesn't give up and move on. Of course things could escalate quicker if some amazing new feature was introduced that no one else has but either way, those seeking a quick buck need to move on because as with any investment it takes time to mature given the amount of development and community assistance thrown at it.

Anyway that's my 2 VTR worth of rambling opinion, the main thing is POD is rubbish and if you want to stay Anon then so be it, that's perfectly OK (least with me). Just keep updating on what's going on, any issues and things like that which the community aught to know.

TLDR; If you want to make some money, keep mining and sell your stakes. The more you mine, the bigger stakes you get... I'm still surprised how often I'm getting them just on 25k worth of VTR. It's not much but the regularity of them is appealing. Smiley
vtorrent (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:19:44 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 06:29:09 AM by vtorrent

Just some updates on the current development stage.

Private API (Realtime trading) is being tested and it will be enabled in the next beta client.

Private API functions such as execute orders (Realtime trading), account balance query will be enabled in the next beta client.

When in-client trading function is completely implemented, vTorrent trader will be able to trade right on the client with the same (if not better) experience as in browser.

EDIT: some layout improved, thanks @pnoch for reporting feedback.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: