Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:51:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:54:33 PM

Bitbay Exchange is now listed on CryptoChartIndex , Now you can get all information regarding Bitbay Exchange on CryptoChartIndex!

We need a re-brand lol

What about - Revolution - Revolution as in rolling peg and well the peg will revolutionize crypto Cheesy  Yes i'm a genius.

Actually that is a really good name. Well re-brand is not on the agenda for now but we can certainly revisit it once the roadmap is done.

I think BitBay is an awesome name and it's easy to remember, why would change it? Folks telling you to going trough a rebrand because they hope for a fake pump

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:01:44 PM

holy crap still alive? lol....wow. 

sad.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:56:14 PM

sad.

You afraid of us? Working decentralized markets, all templates done, peg almost done as promised.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:56:40 PM

sad.

You afraid of us? Working decentralized markets, all templates done, peg almost done as promised.

Unless people have criticism that has some weight ie brings some observable events worthy of criticism their comments mean nothing.

Bitbay is way way way ahead of other projects of our market cap and really is equal to those in the top 20 .........let's face it MOST of the top 100 caps are bullshit fake inflated caps that would implode like a rotting pumpkin if someone tried to cash out any significant %

I think people think pos3 is old hat now (even though it may be a very strong design) they are all about high tps bullshit blockchain 3.0 (most of which just look like very centralised solutions).

XxOtakuXx

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:02:39 PM

sad.

Alive better and well than before.

BITBAY |Smart Contracts|Decentralized Markets|Rolling Peg| https://bitbay.market/
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:20:15 AM

sad.

Unless people have criticism that has some weight ie brings some observable events worthy of criticism their comments mean nothing.

Bitbay is way way way ahead of other projects of our market cap and really is equal to those in the top 20 .........let's face it MOST of the top 100 caps are bullshit fake inflated caps that would implode like a rotting pumpkin if someone tried to cash out any significant %

I think people think pos3 is old hat now (even though it may be a very strong design) they are all about high tps bullshit blockchain 3.0 (most of which just look like very centralised solutions).

Yeah high every high tps I've seen is centralized or even worse closed source and vaporware. People throw around names like Hashgraph without actually checking if there is a working model or considering security design. But okay it's possible to increase transaction load if some of the major concerns are met. My concept was simply pruning the chain and benchmarking nodes with a reputation system.

By the way cryptohunter you will be happy to know I'm coding the peg now and talked to Munti and we are strongly considering 2% interest if someone voluntarily freezes liquid coins and 1% for reserve coins and .25% for liquid but give liquid 3x voting power. We think this will incentivize frozen holders to
not push the economy around to unfreeze without buying some liquid and in exchange they get higher interest. These numbers aren't exact yet but it seemed like something you would like. I know you like models that encourage hoarding.

Btw, ignore Piston he is a shill I remember the name from the old days.
Figatko

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:46:44 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 11:21:00 PM by Figatko

If peg is so close why the price is not rising? I thought that bay will be pegged to much more than 500 sat from the beginning.

Edit: Wow, so much new items on the Marketplace! Considering that Stakeboxes are selling by real company, BitBay partner, is this the beginning of real use of the markets? Before there was few old books and flash drives sold by Bitbay fans. And now can we hope that real market is born?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:08:36 AM

sad.

Yeah high every high tps I've seen is centralized or even worse closed source and vaporware. People throw around names like Hashgraph without actually checking if there is a working model or considering security design. But okay it's possible to increase transaction load if some of the major concerns are met. My concept was simply pruning the chain and benchmarking nodes with a reputation system.

By the way cryptohunter you will be happy to know I'm coding the peg now and talked to Munti and we are strongly considering 2% interest if someone voluntarily freezes liquid coins and 1% for reserve coins and .25% for liquid but give liquid 3x voting power. We think this will incentivize frozen holders to
not push the economy around to unfreeze without buying some liquid and in exchange they get higher interest. These numbers aren't exact yet but it seemed like something you would like. I know you like models that encourage hoarding.

Exactly David. Yes, the concept of pruning and benchmarking nodes with rep system sounds excellent and effective.

Great news on the peg and for sure I do like to see incentives for investors to hold strong rather than attempting to churn constantly to increase their holdings.  I like the idea of the more you lock down and the longer you lock them down for the more interest you get. For example it would be great (although perhaps crazy complex to implement) like you have a filed where you enter how many coins you will freeze and a field for duration of freezing then it shows you the interest you will get for that entire period then you hit confirm a couple of times and its done. Although I know when the layman announces such great plans the real coder and real designer sighs and thinks to himself if only these things were possible or even plausible Smiley  so yeah anything to give extra incentive to hold or lock up is great news david Smiley

can't wait.

Could you give just a brief (not detailed enough for copy cats to start getting ideas) outline of how the benchmarking and rep system of nodes could work. I'm guessing their hardware is given a stress test and they get a score and those with the fastest hardware would be the primary nodes. So  a bit like dpos but not down to 12 nodes like some super centralised systems.  The rep system is automated? according to downtime and other misbehaving factors? and will pass processing to the next most powerful nodes if more powerful nodes rep gets too low?  do you think this along with a pruning option would enable bitbay to challenge these so called 3.0 projects with tps?  also how long would something like that take to fully design, test and complete for bitbay?

It would seem to be after that bitbay would have everything it would need to score higher or as highly as nearly every single project on this board in all important areas except perhaps anon which tbh is already coming under some pressure in several countries so it could almost be better to watch how that goes before even considering adding that.

If we had such a design already planned out and on the road map I would expect we can expect to grab a bit of the tps hype before pegging. Would be good to have 1.5k -3k sats before the peg is activated.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:39:38 AM

sad.

Exactly David. Yes, the concept of pruning and benchmarking nodes with rep system sounds excellent and effective.

Great news on the peg and for sure I do like to see incentives for investors to hold strong rather than attempting to churn constantly to increase their holdings.  I like the idea of the more you lock down and the longer you lock them down for the more interest you get. For example it would be great (although perhaps crazy complex to implement) like you have a filed where you enter how many coins you will freeze and a field for duration of freezing then it shows you the interest you will get for that entire period then you hit confirm a couple of times and its done. Although I know when the layman announces such great plans the real coder and real designer sighs and thinks to himself if only these things were possible or even plausible Smiley  so yeah anything to give extra incentive to hold or lock up is great news david Smiley

can't wait.

Could you give just a brief (not detailed enough for copy cats to start getting ideas) outline of how the benchmarking and rep system of nodes could work. I'm guessing their hardware is given a stress test and they get a score and those with the fastest hardware would be the primary nodes. So  a bit like dpos but not down to 12 nodes like some super centralised systems.  The rep system is automated? according to downtime and other misbehaving factors? and will pass processing to the next most powerful nodes if more powerful nodes rep gets too low?  do you think this along with a pruning option would enable bitbay to challenge these so called 3.0 projects with tps?  also how long would something like that take to fully design, test and complete for bitbay?

It would seem to be after that bitbay would have everything it would need to score higher or as highly as nearly every single project on this board in all important areas except perhaps anon which tbh is already coming under some pressure in several countries so it could almost be better to watch how that goes before even considering adding that.

If we had such a design already planned out and on the road map I would expect we can expect to grab a bit of the tps hype before pegging. Would be good to have 1.5k -3k sats before the peg is activated.

Well it's just ideas in my head, still unsure of what the best scaling solution is. However the idea is to give a POW to new nodes just to test their capacity. It should be a relatively easy POW that a computer that would be able to handle the TX load should do in between blocks. They could then publish this info to the chain.

Then a node reputation system perhaps do something where nodes can confirm the honesty of another node that is doing POS maybe even tie this to IP address. Perhaps even include a harsh penalty for a bad transaction in a block such as a double spend. The penalty could perhaps be financial. It could be cryptographically proven since the previous block would contain the TX being violated.

Then only really well established nodes (perhaps ones that have been in the network for years, staked many blocks, etc) can then choose to prune the chain and they can form a consensus on what the new block hash would be. The community can choose places to post these hashes to inform users who are downloading from a botnet or fake chain. I guess you can even share these via torrent.

Eventually, you take this system and only allow nodes that can keep up with transaction load to stake blocks (based on reputation, their ability to handle traffic, etc). I think really you can prove they were able to handle it simply by the size of the block. The block size itself could be variable again based on the reputation system and perhaps with a limited maximum growth to prevent bad actors from overloading the chain.

None of this is set in stone, they really are just ideas. No clue if or when they could be investigated.
zhouyc

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:54:55 AM

Smart contracts are a buzzword, and it's important to use them correctly before any project is released. It is also important to use Bitbay funds wisely to maximize project growth potential
phsan12888

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:01:50 PM

I  did not expect it to happen so fast. i am already run out of bay. i hope that the devs got some money for their work. and i hope that this project will have a future.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:10:37 PM

sad.

Great news on the peg and for sure I do like to see incentives for investors to hold strong rather than attempting to churn constantly to increase their holdings.  I like the idea of the more you lock down and the longer you lock them down for the more interest you get. For example it would be great (although perhaps crazy complex to implement) like you have a filed where you enter how many coins you will freeze and a field for duration of freezing then it shows you the interest you will get for that entire period then you hit confirm a couple of times and its done. Although I know when the layman announces such great plans the real coder and real designer sighs and thinks to himself if only these things were possible or even plausible Smiley  so yeah anything to give extra incentive to hold or lock up is great news david Smiley

can't wait.

Could you give just a brief (not detailed enough for copy cats to start getting ideas) outline of how the benchmarking and rep system of nodes could work. I'm guessing their hardware is given a stress test and they get a score and those with the fastest hardware would be the primary nodes. So  a bit like dpos but not down to 12 nodes like some super centralised systems.  The rep system is automated? according to downtime and other misbehaving factors? and will pass processing to the next most powerful nodes if more powerful nodes rep gets too low?  do you think this along with a pruning option would enable bitbay to challenge these so called 3.0 projects with tps?  also how long would something like that take to fully design, test and complete for bitbay?

Well it's just ideas in my head, still unsure of what the best scaling solution is. However the idea is to give a POW to new nodes just to test their capacity. It should be a relatively easy POW that a computer that would be able to handle the TX load should do in between blocks. They could then publish this info to the chain.

Then a node reputation system perhaps do something where nodes can confirm the honesty of another node that is doing POS maybe even tie this to IP address. Perhaps even include a harsh penalty for a bad transaction in a block such as a double spend. The penalty could perhaps be financial. It could be cryptographically proven since the previous block would contain the TX being violated.

Then only really well established nodes (perhaps ones that have been in the network for years, staked many blocks, etc) can then choose to prune the chain and they can form a consensus on what the new block hash would be. The community can choose places to post these hashes to inform users who are downloading from a botnet or fake chain. I guess you can even share these via torrent.

Eventually, you take this system and only allow nodes that can keep up with transaction load to stake blocks (based on reputation, their ability to handle traffic, etc). I think really you can prove they were able to handle it simply by the size of the block. The block size itself could be variable again based on the reputation system and perhaps with a limited maximum growth to prevent bad actors from overloading the chain.

None of this is set in stone, they really are just ideas. No clue if or when they could be investigated.

all talk, zero results yet.  we'll see post results.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
hamnghi167

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:09:30 AM

Actually, I  didn't know that bitbay is stake ready. This is added after last fork I think. I always knew that at some point this project will be successful. There is an improvement for market needed.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:54:42 AM

all talk, zero results yet.  we'll see post results.

Have you downloaded the software lately? Zero results?

This is our "wall of features"
https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features

The software has unbreakable contracts for years since Halo (double deposit) and was even used to sell real estate in california without escrow

The decentralized markets run on Bitmessage that are totally anonymous and don't bloat the chain have existed and worked fine since 2015

The software has IMAP and Bitmessage under the hood so I basically coded a Thunderbird

ALL templates are done this means that Halo is done, Barter and Python contracts were the recent addition.

There are 100s of little security features and it fuckin works!

Aside from that, we have a bunch of new team members who did a really good web wallet, android wallet, electrum nodes, totally new website
Rebranded, produced a nice commercial recently, have full time mailers and blogs and some of our group goes to conferences

So I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I remember your name from the "Bob" days. If you and his group are salty that's not my problem however here unlike other projects I actually honor my word.

I've delivered what was asked and only thing left is the peg. The thread you commented on (about blockchain scaling) is theoretical. We aren't competing in the "TPS" hype right now. That is simply because we haven't had the volume of transactions.

If you are here to troll, you are trolling yourself because seriously all the investors here already like the project and I'm pretty sure if you have nothing constructive to add, nobody will care.
Figatko

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:55:40 PM

I don't know what he exactly meant, but off course many people are upset about the prise. And the sad thing is that no good news, great features or partnerships, no achievements affect the price any more. Only the real use of the coins or sometimes market manipulation. I am sad too because very soon I will have to sell most if not all of my bays just to pay for some things. I'm hoping for a miracle as bay pump or the growing of all alts. I don't believe that people will start using bays in too or three weeks. Well, at least I bought my bays at 60 sat years ago  Grin
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:11:55 PM

I don't know what he exactly meant, but off course many people are upset about the prise. And the sad thing is that no good news, great features or partnerships, no achievements affect the price any more. Only the real use of the coins or sometimes market manipulation. I am sad too because very soon I will have to sell most if not all of my bays just to pay for some things. I'm hoping for a miracle as bay pump or the growing of all alts. I don't believe that people will start using bays in too or three weeks. Well, at least I bought my bays at 60 sat years ago  Grin

Yeah well unfortunately the markets are being dragged around by Bitcoin and potential manipulations.  I don't think we will see the end of it however the peg is almost coded. However brokering the right exchange relationship is still a challenge after it's completion and testing.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:45:13 AM

Yeah well unfortunately the markets are being dragged around by Bitcoin and potential manipulations.  I don't think we will see the end of it however the peg is almost coded. However brokering the right exchange relationship is still a challenge after it's completion and testing.

The futures markets were definitely a double edged sword..

Bay deserves to be doing so much better though anyway in relation to other alts.

Do you think it may be best to keep the peg until after we hit a much larger cap and volume so exchanges are motivated to incorp whatever extra software the peg requires. I fear it bittrex or upbit gives us the boot it will be super bad news

Perhaps better to try to get on the tps hype train and end up with an eos or ada cap and volume first then flip the peg on.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:17:37 PM

all talk, zero results yet.  we'll see post results.

Have you downloaded the software lately? Zero results?

This is our "wall of features"
https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features

The software has unbreakable contracts for years since Halo (double deposit) and was even used to sell real estate in california without escrow

The decentralized markets run on Bitmessage that are totally anonymous and don't bloat the chain have existed and worked fine since 2015

The software has IMAP and Bitmessage under the hood so I basically coded a Thunderbird

ALL templates are done this means that Halo is done, Barter and Python contracts were the recent addition.

There are 100s of little security features and it fuckin works!

Aside from that, we have a bunch of new team members who did a really good web wallet, android wallet, electrum nodes, totally new website
Rebranded, produced a nice commercial recently, have full time mailers and blogs and some of our group goes to conferences

So I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I remember your name from the "Bob" days. If you and his group are salty that's not my problem however here unlike other projects I actually honor my word.

I've delivered what was asked and only thing left is the peg. The thread you commented on (about blockchain scaling) is theoretical. We aren't competing in the "TPS" hype right now. That is simply because we haven't had the volume of transactions.

If you are here to troll, you are trolling yourself because seriously all the investors here already like the project and I'm pretty sure if you have nothing constructive to add, nobody will care.

I think he must have just meant about the TPS because nobody could seriously look at what bitbay has already and say zero results. Bay has more than 99.5% of other projects out there.

I can't even justify bay being so overlooked other than the fact there is a problem to even locate it amongst the 4000 shit projects clogging up this board.

Figatko

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:27:16 PM

My friend said that capitalization of BitBay could be compared to capitalization of some bakeshop. Maybe it sounds good for new investors, but why is it happening? Even vision and hope could worth more, not to say about brilliant ready product!
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:26:44 PM

My friend said that capitalization of BitBay could be compared to capitalization of some bakeshop. Maybe it sounds good for new investors, but why is it happening? Even vision and hope could worth more, not to say about brilliant ready product!

Its very simple bay is a brilliant product that never gets in on the hype.

Other products are vapor but yet manage to whip the fools into believe their hype

This is the one area we need to vastly improve on for the sake of bitbay and we can save some investors losing their btc on the other trash out there

Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: