Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450935 times)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:03:31 PM

At what price would you buy one ?
I wouldn't, simply because the next generation is around the corner.

Let's say that I did purchase one, however.  At the current network difficulty and BTC exchange rate, that S5 would expect to make ~$3.25 a day before power costs.  ROI would be ~123 days.  Using a very conservative network difficulty adjustment value of 2%, we're up to ~136 days.  That right there should have convinced me not to purchase one in the first place... and I assumed free power in my numbers.

Is this something we know?

I've seen a lot of speculation and hearsay, but have we gotten a confirmation of this like we did with the S5?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:04:00 PM

hmmm, Lets see how the cards play out when BITMAIN comes out with the so called S6 or S7 meltdown miners.

I don't think we are going to see a firmware fix for the meltdown problem on the S5 because its impossible its a hardware issue can not be fixed by re-writing firmware so your fucked !!!!

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:07:17 PM

hmmm, Lets see how the cards play out when BITMAIN comes out with the so called S6 or S7 meltdown miners.

I don't think we are going to see a firmware fix for the meltdown problem on the S5 because its impossible its a hardware issue can not be fixed by re-writing firmware so your fucked !!!!

I understand that you are angry, but at some point it just turns into trolling. Take a breather. You're allowed to have an angry thought without posting it.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:08:55 PM

Glad to know I can.
kmitz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:09:38 PM

Hi,

With the summer hotness I was tired of continuously adjusting my S5 frequency, so I decided myself to dive into shell coding and wrote a small script to do it automatically.

I'm pretty happy with what I got: every 20 minutes the script checks the temp sensors, increase or decrease the frequency and restarts cgminer. Thus I keep the temp between 58 and 62 °C at all time.

If you're interested you can download the script on github: https://github.com/kmitz/Regul
  Installation notes are on my blog: https://jomcflyatwork.wordpress.com/

You can ask me questions in this thread or PM me for help.

Cheers!

NB: If you worry about my script stealing all your coins, just check the script, it's only 40 lines and very straightforward:
1)read temp
2)write new frequency in /config/cgminer.conf
3)restart cgminer
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:24:45 PM

At what price point would you buy one?
At what price would you buy one ?
That's a reasonably accurate repeat of my question.

With the summer hotness I was tired of continuously adjusting my S5 frequency, so I decided myself to dive into shell coding and wrote a small script to do it automatically.
Cool (pun intended).  If you have a donation address, should drop it in your blog post Smiley

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:44:22 PM

[..]
Let's say that I did purchase one, however.  At the current network difficulty and BTC exchange rate, that S5 would expect to make ~$3.25 a day before power costs.  ROI would be ~123 days.  Using a very conservative network difficulty adjustment value of 2%, we're up to ~136 days.  That right there should have convinced me not to purchase one in the first place... and I assumed free power in my numbers.

That's lack of enterpreneurism...

Common business reaches ROI 2-3 years after initial investment.

We were (are?) seeing month-scale ROIs because of the highly speculative price of bitcoin.

If (when) bitcoin becomes more mainstream, expect ROI in a year or two... not less

Disagree, but only by time frame ROI will be 8 months not 12 to 24 for 8 cent power.

60, 90, 120 days for ROI is pretty much over.

I have higher power cost then many  So ROI will be a year for me.
 When I buy I time for my winter power price  which is 10 cents net.

I  Like to mine from October  1 to March 31 then sell off the gear.

Aside for above.

Bitmaintech has not been the supervillian people make them out to be I know many people hate on them.

In fact I have decided to hold off on my s-5 is it working or dead thread.
I did one for the sp20 and that gear looks to be over 92% alive according to info on more then 300 pieces of gear.
I read this thread and I see a  lot of angry people. I do not want to open a thread on it works or it is dead and have to edit hundreds of complaints due to the hate against them.
I would like to do it with the s-5 maybe I will start it this week.

Ive hit RoI with all my S5 i bought in Jan this year. but back then i got them all for around the Xmass price and just got two more one didn't work but i was able to fix it and its still hashing a way at any speed i use in a safe range the other one was just a give me that was kind of a replacement for but it stopped a week after i got it but it was free so no complaints other then what bitmain did in price for parts , im over it now . no there not supervillian that's business and how it is.if they wanted to and could have from the start and still sold them but they looked out for us charge right off the bat 800 per miner . id look at it that way .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:08:29 PM

[..]

We were (are?) seeing month-scale ROIs because of the highly speculative price of bitcoin.

If (when) bitcoin becomes more mainstream, expect ROI in a year or two... not less

Disagree, but only by time frame ROI will be 8 months not 12 to 24 for 8 cent power.

I have higher power cost then many  So ROI will be a year for me.
 When I buy I time for my winter power price  which is 10 cents net.

I  Like to mine from October  1 to March 31 then sell off the gear.

Aside for above.

Bitmaintech has not been the supervillian people make them out to be I know many people hate on them.

I did one for the sp20 and that gear looks to be over 92% alive according to info on more then 300 pieces of gear.
I read this thread and I see a  lot of angry people. I do not want to open a thread on it works or it is dead and have to edit hundreds of complaints due to the hate against them.

Ive hit RoI with all my S5 i bought in Jan this year. but back then i got them all for around the Xmass price and just got two more one didn't work but i was able to fix it and its still hashing a way at any speed i use in a safe range the other one was just a give me that was kind of a replacement for but it stopped a week after i got it but it was free so no complaints other then what bitmain did in price for parts , im over it now . no there not supervillian that's business and how it is.if they wanted to and could have from the start and still sold them but they looked out for us charge right off the bat 800 per miner . id look at it that way .

i have to say i have been in ROI with my s3s i got last july, which i used the btc profit from them to buy the s5. so everything i have has been paid for.

its not that bitmain is a supervillian.. they just need to pick a price that makes them profit and stick with it..
these weekly price adjustments make them look bad. specially for the people that buy at one price and 2 or 3 days later its considerably cheaper..

the s5 still has a lot of life left.. so its still a good buy..
at 10c a KWH it will make a profit well into 115 billion difficulty.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:14:11 PM

[..]

I have higher power cost then many  So ROI will be a year for me.
 When I buy I time for my winter power price  which is 10 cents net.

I  Like to mine from October  1 to March 31 then sell off the gear.

Aside for above.

I read this thread and I see a  lot of angry people. I do not want to open a thread on it works or it is dead and have to edit hundreds of complaints due to the hate against them.

i have to say i have been in ROI with my s3s i got last july, which i used the btc profit from them to buy the s5. so everything i have has been paid for.

its not that bitmain is a supervillian.. they just need to pick a price that makes them profit and stick with it..
these weekly price adjustments make them look bad. specially for the people that buy at one price and 2 or 3 days later its considerably cheaper..

the s5 still has a lot of life left.. so its still a good buy..
at 10c a KWH it will make a profit well into 115 billion difficulty.

In a way it has been kinda a reward for customers who supported product since early.  Not only have some of us hit ROI machine is worth more then we paid.... so very early customers yes very good at that there.

I hope they go back down since BTC went down some, but they are a business I'm sure they have a plan without my 2 cents.
kmitz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:27:53 PM

Cool (pun intended).  If you have a donation address, should drop it in your blog post Smiley

Right, thanks for the tip! (pun also intended)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:10:36 PM

My S5 has been running flawlessly for almost 4 months. I'd like thank the guys at Bitmain again for sending me a new miner ahead of schedule and not just stealing my money.

There's a special place in hell for the rest of you ASIC manufacturers...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:20:41 PM

My S5 has been running flawlessly for almost 4 months. I'd like thank the guys at Bitmain again for sending me a new miner ahead of schedule and not just stealing my money.

That is a little harsh I'm guessing you have not bought a lot of miners.  There are some other good companies aswell.   They are not all scams.

But yes Bitmain is a good company, with a good track record on delivering machines (L1 was biggest mistake in my mind that they have on their record).
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:42:45 PM

That is a little harsh I'm guessing you have not bought a lot of miners.  There are some other good companies aswell.   They are not all scams.

But yes Bitmain is a good company, with a good track record on delivering machines (L1 was biggest mistake in my mind that they have on their record).

From what i read about the L1 that's was Zeus mostly that gfjgk over a lot including vendor and other miner maker. They had a so called chip that no script makers could top then for no real good reason other then maybe to scam a lot of buyers they pulled out and know were that read about it, does it, actually say for sure if that chip even is or was, i think bitmain panther ed  with them some on it, then got burned ( will never really know for sure unless some one from bitmain say so, ZEUS would just lie more ).

Bitmain made it all good on those L 1 sells.

Zeus miner imo ruined it all for a lot of the new Script miners due out they had a good thing going could have been the bitmain of Script miners,I'm being nice.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:04:11 AM

That is a little harsh I'm guessing you have not bought a lot of miners.  There are some other good companies aswell.   They are not all scams.

From what i read about the L1 that's was Zeus mostly that gfjgk over a lot including vendor and other miner maker. They had a so called chip that no script makers could top then for no real good reason other then maybe to scam a lot of buyers they pulled out and know were that read about it, does it, actually say for sure if that chip even is or was, i think bitmain panther ed  with them some on it, then got burned ( will never really know for sure unless some one from bitmain say so, ZEUS would just lie more ).

Bitmain made it all good on those L 1 sells.

Zeus miner imo ruined it all for a lot of the new Script miners due out they had a good thing going could have been the bitmain of Script miners,I'm being nice.

The L1 would have been best chip on market if it followed specs.  It would have been better then the A2's so yes... better chip then the Zeus by far.   It had nothing to do with Zeus.

They did the math and at time figured we would not make a profit, and i'm guessing they did not make good enough profit.  At the time I'm not fighting that it was a logical decision and made sense.

But if we would have ran the L1 from then till now with LTC going up again.... good chance of good profits.  Thats looking back though, I know we could not know future back then.

Enough with L1 I do not mean to derail thread.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:29:39 AM

Oh how nice, they lowered it to 399 because the slight drop in price.

To be decided...
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:38:18 AM

Maybe that's because nobody buy it at that huge greedy price?..

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:50:19 AM

Oh how nice, they lowered it to 399 because the slight drop in price.

I'm happy they lowered it.  Shows they are not just one sided on it.

It could be worse if they just higher the price on upswings.  So have to give them a little credit for the move.  Not the price most of us want, but it's heading twords it at least.

But guess we will see what happens if we hit 300 mark again, they seem to be watching it very very closely.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:03:04 AM

Hey, another roumor is that S5 will cost $600 soon.

Bitmain representative does not confirm this directly, but also does not disprove it.  Huh From his words I can conclude that BTC/$ ratio will be even higher soon...

Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:06:33 AM

Hey, another roumor is that S5 will cost $600 soon.

Bitmain representative does not confirm this directly, but also does not disprove it.  Huh From his words I can conclude that BTC/$ ratio will be even higher soon...

For lack of a better term how high up in the food chain is the rep?  If it was low level I don't see them knowing.

But if from higher up.... then maybe some possible good info.  I hope the rep is wrong though whoever it is.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:16:33 AM

For lack of a better term how high up in the food chain is the rep?  If it was low level I don't see them knowing.

But if from higher up.... then maybe some possible good info.  I hope the rep is wrong though whoever it is.

Sure I don't know all details about their hierarchy, but he is signed at BITMAIN website.  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: