Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:49:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450910 times)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:27:02 AM

Looks like S5b7 shipping was pushed back a week, from July 29th to August 5th.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:33:31 AM

Biggest suprise reading it "[Second Hand] ANTMINER S5 BATCH 7"  ....  I just wonder what second hand really means. 

When they ran a miner during a batch it was still described as new.   Second hand... think it's coming from data centers wanting to unload whall it's still top product there?   

What's everyone's guess?
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:58:48 AM

Biggest suprise reading it "[Second Hand] ANTMINER S5 BATCH 7"  ....  I just wonder what second hand really means. 

When they ran a miner during a batch it was still described as new.   Second hand... think it's coming from data centers wanting to unload whall it's still top product there?   

What's everyone's guess?

im guessing its data centers that got first shot on the s7s and they had some trade in

selling the "used" s5s at full price is really shady..
lucky1974

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:23:12 PM

What's everyone's guess?

Second hand mean the burnt ones.
 Tongue Grin
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:28:20 PM

What's everyone's guess?

im guessing its data centers that got first shot on the s7s and they had some trade in

That would do a good amount of gain of difficulty.  Old gear goes to home user and data center got new gear, no gear comes offline.

Honestly this scenario scares the crap out of me.  If they let the big customers with entire data centers sell back gear.   It would make it where the hobby miner is one who is cheated.   

Would also mean what ever is next the first X amount (huge amount) goes to the data centers they get these S5's from. 

I just want this scenario to be wrong... but I'm afraid.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:10:18 PM

It would make it where the hobby miner is one who is cheated.  
This has, arguably, already happened over the last six months or so.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:19:00 PM

It's not shady, it's blatantly deceptive and a lie.

Call them used and price them appropriately.  I hope no one buys a single one, you'd be an idiot to pay full price for a used item.
hanti

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:33:54 PM

no need to lower the price if people are buying it anyway Wink they would be stupid or something

and worth to mention is there is only 15 days warranty from shipping out on batch7 s5.. so thats probably like week warranty when u get miners Cheesy

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 04:49:52 PM

no need to lower the price if people are buying it anyway Wink they would be stupid or something

and worth to mention is there is only 15 days warranty from shipping out on batch7 s5.. so thats probably like week warranty when u get miners Cheesy
So true Wink which leads us to the conclusion that buyers would be so so stupid  Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3909

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 04:58:05 PM

So true Wink which leads us to the conclusion that buyers would be so so stupid  Grin

basic economics of supply and demand. If you want to buy a miner, your options are currently quite limited.
It will not last long, though, if prices will go on the upswing.
NOT working (for parts or repair) SP20 has a $406.01 bid right now on ebay with 4 days to go.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:20:11 PM

So true Wink which leads us to the conclusion that buyers would be so so stupid  Grin

basic economics of supply and demand. If you want to buy a miner, your options are currently quite limited.
NOT working (for parts or repair) SP20 has a $406.01 bid right now on ebay with 4 days to go.
I know . And you are right of course. But my life does not depend on it. It is not a life saver medicine. Same applies for sall called "demand". But if demand squeezes bitmain to sale so hard he would not mind to make good money again Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:51:47 PM

What's everyone's guess?

That would do a good amount of gain of difficulty.  Old gear goes to home user and data center got new gear, no gear comes offline.

Honestly this scenario scares the crap out of me.  If they let the big customers with entire data centers sell back gear.   It would make it where the hobby miner is one who is cheated.   

Would also mean what ever is next the first X amount (huge amount) goes to the data centers they get these S5's from. 

the net hash has been going up pretty steady over the last couple months.

also since people are still buying s5s its a win/win for bitmain to buy them back and sell them at full price..

it would make sense.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:09:01 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 09:27:57 PM by toptek

Biggest suprise reading it "[Second Hand] ANTMINER S5 BATCH 7"  ....  I just wonder what second hand really means.  

When they ran a miner during a batch it was still described as new.   Second hand... think it's coming from data centers wanting to unload whall it's still top product there?  

What's everyone's guess?

That would do a good amount of gain of difficulty.  Old gear goes to home user and data center got new gear, no gear comes offline.

Honestly this scenario scares the crap out of me.  If they let the big customers with entire data centers sell back gear.   It would make it where the hobby miner is one who is cheated.  

also since people are still buying s5s its a win/win for bitmain to buy them back and sell them at full price..

it would make sense.

True, as long they keep saying second hand it's not moral but that's how it is in business being cut throat as it gets .

it does say Batch 7 wasn't batch five the last ones sold as new , so yea there coming from data centers in china some place Polly right off hash net, i wouldn't be a bit amazed if they have some S6/7 running on hash net .

Biggest suprise reading it "[Second Hand] ANTMINER S5 BATCH 7"  ....  I just wonder what second hand really means.  

don't know but with a 15 day warr on it, not so sure i would want one . buying off eBay or Amazon used your better off not knowing WTF is up with that at least give 30 to 45 days .

honestly Wtf is up with bitmain did it change hands or some one come down on them to start being ass hole or mean .

Like the GOV in china . i mean they are in china and have to follow the laws and really can't tell us when there leaders get super greedy, so glad, I live were i do .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
lucky1974

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:05:58 PM

When they ran a miner during a batch it was still described as new.   Second hand... think it's coming from data centers wanting to unload whall it's still top product there?  

What's everyone's guess?

That would do a good amount of gain of difficulty.  Old gear goes to home user and data center got new gear, no gear comes offline.

Honestly this scenario scares the crap out of me.  If they let the big customers with entire data centers sell back gear.   It would make it where the hobby miner is one who is cheated.  

it would make sense.

True, as long they keep saying second hand it's not moral but that's how it is in business being cut throat as it gets .

it does say Batch 7 wasn't batch five the last ones sold as new , so yea there coming from data centers in china some place Polly right off hash net, i wouldn't be a bit amazed if they have some S6/7 running on hash net .

don't know but with a 15 day warr on it, not so sure i would want one . buying off eBay or Amazon used your better off not knowing WTF is up with that at least give 30 to 45 days .

honestly Wtf is up with bitmain did it change hands or some one come down on them to start being ass hole or mean .

Like the GOV in china . i mean they are in china and have to follow the laws and really can't tell us when there leaders get super greedy, so glad, I live were i do .

Come on now the picture is so clear there moving out old stock so they could move in the new s6 and s7 before they release it. and when they due they already made all that money from Antpool using s6 and s'7 and the sell out of all those S5's. Puts them in a perfect marketing position. There setting themselves Up first and fucking you guys up the ass at the same time. And you guys don't get it. then again.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:21:01 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 10:39:47 PM by toptek

What's everyone's guess?

it would make sense.

Come on now the picture is so clear there moving out old stock so they could move in the new s6 and s7 before they release it. and when they due they already made all that money from Antpool using s6 and s'7 and the sell out of all those S5's. Puts them in a perfect marketing position. There setting themselves Up first and fucking you guys up the ass at the same time. And you guys don't get it. then again.

I see that but why whats the Point in shooting the hand that feeds you.

i know it happens all the time that's greed and how it works but in the end it all comes back to you worse then what you dealt it out and you can't take it with you once your dead how i see it so,

why ? ....

owell i guess that's one question > I'll  never get a good true full answer on because there is none .  

they will be as im moral as they can now for no reason i was starting to like them.

Used S7 as new i see it coming etc i was hoping not i hope they prove us wrong not just me .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:07:58 PM

really, I'm temped to put my non working S5 up there for bids to see what i get Smiley . it works but when it wants to and only one blade the other blade is for sure dead, everything else works on it etc .

miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:24:12 AM

let's wait for used S6/7 to be sold as new... and buy all the S5 at lower prices..
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 10:08:35 AM

Used miner purchases will receive coupons towards new miner purchases

Although this current batch of Antminer S5 listed for sale are used units, Bitmain performs quality control testing on every machine to ensure that it is in proper working order before shipping to consumers.

These machines have only been running for about 40 days in our farm, so there should not be a significant impact on the performance or the total life of the machines.

Bitmain would like to offer coupons to customers who bought S4+ or S5 recently to be used towards the future purchase of our next generation of mining machine.

At this time, we are unable to provide detailed information on the new machines or the size of the coupons, but please expect an official announcement in the near future.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 10:10:03 AM

Used miner purchases will receive coupons towards future purchases

Although this current batch of Antminer S5 listed for sale are used units, Bitmain performs quality control testing on every machine to ensure that it is in proper working order before shipping to consumers.

These machines have only been running for about 40 days in our farm, so there should not be a significant impact on the performance or the total life of the machines.

Bitmain would like to offer coupons to customers who bought S4+ or S5 recently to be used towards the future purchase of our next generation of mining machine.

At this time, we are unable to provide detailed information on the new machines or the size of the coupons, but please expect an official announcement in the near future.

Thank you for providing information where we are not speculating!   Always appropriate details this explains exactly what used means in this case.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:27:53 AM

Used miner purchases will receive coupons towards new miner purchases

How about those of us that had an order pending and suddenly just as we got the payment together *poof* no more "new" S5s exist?

I would have had the money together a month or so sooner if y'all hadn't kept jacking the price up, or if your DHGate store didn't keep refusing my VALID credit card for no apparent reason (same card worked the same day with NewEgg and on several Amazon purchases, issue was NOT on my end, ended up having to get some Bitcoin to try to complete the order that way but dang CoinBase is SLOW sometimes.....).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: