Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:39:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450910 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:17:36 PM

What is the proper way to submit a support ticket to Bitmain about this device?

Yes go to their site: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/  or might use email if in China.

What kinda issue do you have?

Like i said in my review, board 1 gets dropped regularly, then get picked back up. But its 10-20% hashrate loss in that given hour if it does. I don't know if its precursor to a bigger problem or what.

this happens with mine as well..
its usually just one hash board and its down long enough to cool it off. Sad

This happens to me in almost all my S5, and my friends too.

Which firm ware from smit are you using the one off nicehash tends to do that on some pools . no idea why i talked with smity one day for a few hours tiring to figure it out .  here is a list of all his releases for NH .

http://smit1237.asuscomm.com:8080/s5/

The one off Nice hash does that to me so i don't use it. i use  one off the list or link i linked .

Thanks for all the reports from quoted users.

@toptek

I use Bitmain's latest firmware with Fan Control.

Also that graph is rad, i don't have it but that is exactly what happens. Long enough for it to cool down to 38c. My reported temps were under 60c so it doesn't sound like it would be the firmware having a valid reason to power it down.

It does have the 80c firmware protection thing. Which may or not work i have no ideas.

well that firmware from butmains is not that great either might be why . my speeds drop a lot using it so i sty way form it . what happens to me is after two or three days it starts doing that then will become stable at around 900 GH then sty there no mater what i do with that firmware .

I see, that does not happen to me. Do the Firmware you use have the fan control bits from the bitmain firmware?
I'd be up to try it but i don't really want to get the fan blaring back to 3840RPM just yet.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:22:21 PM

Yes go to their site: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/  or might use email if in China.

Like i said in my review, board 1 gets dropped regularly, then get picked back up. But its 10-20% hashrate loss in that given hour if it does. I don't know if its precursor to a bigger problem or what.

Which firm ware from smit are you using the one off nicehash tends to do that on some pools . no idea why i talked with smity one day for a few hours tiring to figure it out .  here is a list of all his releases for NH .

The one off Nice hash does that to me so i don't use it. i use  one off the list or link i linked .

@toptek

Also that graph is rad, i don't have it but that is exactly what happens. Long enough for it to cool down to 38c. My reported temps were under 60c so it doesn't sound like it would be the firmware having a valid reason to power it down.

It does have the 80c firmware protection thing. Which may or not work i have no ideas.

well that firmware from butmains is not that great either might be why . my speeds drop a lot using it so i sty way form it . what happens to me is after two or three days it starts doing that then will become stable at around 900 GH then sty there no mater what i do with that firmware .

I see, that does not happen to me. Do the Firmware you use have the fan control bits from the bitmain firmware?
I'd be up to try it but i don't really want to get the fan blaring back to 3840RPM just yet.

no it doesn't i use two fans per miner , the idea of one fan kind of turns me off plus it a real pain the but the noise from that stock fan i just watch them closely . but everyone that mines should have some kind of system set up to watch temps etc with out or with the stock fan or with out or with the vendors software .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:28:41 PM

@toptek

no it doesn't i use two fans per miner , the idea of one fan kind of turns me off plus it a real pain the but the noise from that stock fan i just watch them closely . but everyone that mines any way should have some kind of system set up to watch temps etc with out or with the stock fan or with out or with ther vendors software .

Understandably, i knocked it down to 65dB but its still noticeable through the 80dB at 1feet from the other bigger units. Since it has a higher pitch noise.

What fan do you use? I'm thinking of using the Cougars for the Zeus's and it would probably make the S5 totally silent during winter(Or a pair of SP120). But i'm looking for something quiet but with better cooling capability than the 1 stock fan. Ideally something cheaper than the Noctua F12.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:38:19 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 03:49:15 PM by toptek

@toptek

no it doesn't i use two fans per miner , the idea of one fan kind of turns me off plus it a real pain the but the noise from that stock fan i just watch them closely . but everyone that mines any way should have some kind of system set up to watch temps etc with out or with the stock fan or with out or with ther vendors software .

Understandably, i knocked it down to 65dB but its still noticeable through the 80dB at 1feet from the other bigger units. Since it has a higher pitch noise.

What fan do you use? I'm thinking of using the Cougars for the Zeus's and it would probably make the S5 totally silent during winter(Or a pair of SP120). But i'm looking for something quiet but with better cooling capability than the 1 stock fan. Ideally something cheaper than the Noctua F12.

two Noctua F12 should work well i only tried with this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y1HLA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00 testing it . but some one else on the forums has been using two Noctua F12 for some time now i even saw some one on utube posted a video using two .

my fans atm are http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y1HLA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00 as push and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00 as pull . but my way depends how cool you keep your room while the miners are running  i don't go over 60 C on any miner at 350 freg  i have most of the time 7 to 8 miner running n my house, not just S5 one is a zeus a grind seed g black both with molded fans  3 S3 with all most no noise at all .

in winter which i look forward to the temps drop way more i keep my windows open even at 5 degrees they sty open i sleep like that it's the best sleep i get .

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:46:32 PM

@toptek

two Noctua F12 should work well i only tried with this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y1HLA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00 testing it . but some one else on the forums has been using two Noctua F12 for some time now i even saw some one on utube posted a video using two .

my fans atm are http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y1HLA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00 as push and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00 as pull . but my way depends how cool your room is i don't go over 60 C on any miner at 350 freg .  all most no noise at all .

Okay thank you i've at least noted everything and will add it to my options. I just have to quiet out the Zeus first since thats overshadowing everything else. Some other user did it with SP120s and apparently didn't overheat at all.

However i'd be very interested in dB vs cooling potential of your Setup compared to 2 Noctua, since those fans are pretty much in the same price range. I'M guessing your second fan has low CFM but still help the setup since it has high Static pressure?

What do your ambient temp go up with you never topping 60?

I seem to reach that on stock fan at 58% with 32c intake.

Edit; the 140m fans fit on the S5?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:55:43 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 04:11:41 PM by toptek

@toptek

my fans atm are http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y1HLA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00 as push and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00 as pull . but my way depends how cool your room is i don't go over 60 C on any miner at 350 freg .  all most no noise at all .

Okay thank you i've at least noted everything and will add it to my options. I just have to quiet out the Zeus first since thats overshadowing everything else. Some other user did it with SP120s and apparently didn't overheat at all.

However i'd be very interested in dB vs cooling potential of your Setup compared to 2 Noctua, since those fans are pretty much in the same price range. I'M guessing your second fan has low CFM but still help the setup since it has high Static pressure?

the 140m fans fit on the S5?  yes they do

What do your ambient temp go up with you never topping 60? can't say i don't sty in the same room as my miner but i can find out . it feels like maybe 79 degrees or a tad higher in the same room as my miners and the rest of the house sty's at 77 to 79 all summer long or cooler depends on how hot it get and how much heat i can stand with or without the miners running . winter is the nice time for me . no air needed and it's nice and cold . remember thu i don't over clock and sty at 350 freg . we have kind of cheap power to atm it's like 0.0855 per kwh cheapest for my area . most my power has been was 395 $.

Id say my noise level might be 55 DB with all my miner running at once i can't stand a lot of noise so i look at ways of no noise . the way i have it now i could sleep in the same room as my miner sleep would be kind of good it wasn't for the heat they give off .

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

@toptek

What do your ambient temp go up with you never topping 60? can't say i don't sty in the same room as my miner but i can find out . it feels like maybe 79 degrees or a tad higher in the same room as my miners and the rest of the house sty's at 77 to 79 all summer long or cooler depends on how hot it get and how much heat i can stand with or without the miners running . winter is the nice time for me . no air needed and it's nice and cold . remember thu i don't over clock and sty at 350 freg . we have kind of cheap power to atm it's like 0.0855 per kwh cheapest for my area . most my power has been was 395 $ .

Thank you very much for all the info. It seem like you have cooler air than me. However in this Area of Canada, 8 months a year is cool so i can just open the window and GG. For now i have to deal with 30c~ or 86f+.

I am running at 393.75 which is 3c higher than 350. And using some box fan air redirected to help cooling the end.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:13:02 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 04:26:22 PM by toptek

@toptek

What do your ambient temp go up with you never topping 60? can't say i don't sty in the same room as my miner but i can find out . it feels like maybe 79 degrees or a tad higher in the same room as my miners and the rest of the house sty's at 77 to 79 all summer long or cooler depends on how hot it get and how much heat i can stand with or without the miners running . winter is the nice time for me . no air needed and it's nice and cold . remember thu i don't over clock and sty at 350 freg . we have kind of cheap power to atm it's like 0.0855 per kwh cheapest for my area . most my power has been was 395 $ .

Thank you very much for all the info. It seem like you have cooler air than me. However in this Area of Canada, 8 months a year is cool so i can just open the window and GG. For now i have to deal with 30c~ or 86f+.

I am running at 393.75 which is 3c higher than 350. And using some box fan air redirected to help cooling the end.

Maryland here we just keep the air running and pay the bill .  over clocking tends to do that Smiley . last thought my power bill would be way less if we didn't need the air all most no lite are on at nite only three rooms in house the get used most of the time  all year long the rest of the house is dark etc . we have no kids any more running around wasting power us being old folks .

oyea one other thing i never understand and never will is the fans they use if we can buy cheaper fans that work better with less noise wouldn't they save there to doing the same thing ?  .

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:29:05 PM

@toptek

Maryland here we just keep the air running and pay the bill .  over clocking tends to do that Smiley . last thought my power bill would be way less if we didn't need the air all most no lite are on at nite only three rooms in house the get used most of the time  all year long the rest of the house is dark etc . we have no kids any more running around wasting power us being old folks .

oyea one other thing i never understand and never will is the fans they use if we can buy cheaper fans that work better with less noise wouldn't they save there to doing the same thing ?  .

Its true but i don,t know. The fan they seem to be using is this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8147/fan-500/Delta_Mega_Fast_120mm_x_38mm_Fan_-_252_CFM_-_Bare_Lead_PFB1212UHE-F00.html?tl=g36c435s1109

But its possible when they buy a bulk of 10 000 of them they get it for a few $? I don't know. *shrug*

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:41:15 PM

@toptek

oyea one other thing i never understand and never will is the fans they use if we can buy cheaper fans that work better with less noise wouldn't they save there to doing the same thing ?  .

Its true but i don,t know. The fan they seem to be using is this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8147/fan-500/Delta_Mega_Fast_120mm_x_38mm_Fan_-_252_CFM_-_Bare_Lead_PFB1212UHE-F00.html?tl=g36c435s1109

But its possible when they buy a bulk of 10 000 of them they get it for a few $? I don't know. *shrug*

That fan seems to run better i think i have one of those laying around i bought to tire out it's better then the junk on S5 .

cya i need to shut up now .... to much to say about them there ways I'll get of off topic.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

@toptek

oyea one other thing i never understand and never will is the fans they use if we can buy cheaper fans that work better with less noise wouldn't they save there to doing the same thing ?  .

That fan seems to run better i think i have one of those laying around i bought to tire out it's better then the junk on S5 .

cya i need to shut up now .... to much to say about them there ways I'll get of off topic.

Meh its okay. I understand. Thanks for specifying that. I'm surprised then... They really cheaped out with the S5 compared to the other previous units.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:47:37 PM

i am using the one on NH but ill give this one a try and see if it stops doing it.
shadow1975

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 07:19:23 AM

dmwardjr ot toptek or anyone else,

After getting the wrong fan ( 3,9 A ), I connect fan directly to PSU ( over MOLEX ). Fan is starting OK, but S5, doesn't start to hash and I get red light back on S5. It was turned off completly from power for a week. Is it burned ? See picture below. Everthing seem normal, except red light and no hashing.

Solutions ? Do I buy recommended fan from toptek ?

I wonder if there was any modification to the fan code in the last firmware update, if they're checking for a / minimum RPM. I don't think so though as others are running directly from molex. Do you have a rubbish 3-4 pin fan you could plug in and hold to see if it will start? If not, PM me the same status screenshot but with pool info and I'll check that.

I think they did  i was  about to say plug the stock fan back in , i think some one else said a fan needs to b plugged in now .

I don't know that firm ware tends to make all my S5 lose speed over time , I'm waiting either for BFG support to happen which is soon Luke told me or kano to release his update to the s5 which i know will fix all most all the S5 issues .

I plug in another motherboard fan, beacuse my stuck fan is broken. The fan is 0,2A and the red light in front dissapear. I noticed that red LED lights on both hashing boards are not ON. Like there no electricity is coming to boards. On working S5, they are both ON. Now I will try reset with hole in front.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 08:54:31 AM

Guys can you clean up the quotes on your posts please, there's no need to hold a 15 post history including pictures - it just makes the entire thread unreadable.

shadow1975

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:59:38 AM

I have connected old fan, that was originaly on S5. Everything is the same. The board read the RPM, both red LED lights are OFF and no hashing. I tried also changing PSU, that is working and no resolution, still the same problem. I tried also with reset ( hole in front ), problem stays. How can I do HARD reset with black button ? Is my S5 broken and unusable ?
dmwardjr
Legendary

Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:24:15 AM

I have connected old fan, that was originaly on S5. Everything is the same. The board read the RPM, both red LED lights are OFF and no hashing. I tried also changing PSU, that is working and no resolution, still the same problem. I tried also with reset ( hole in front ), problem stays. How can I do HARD reset with black button ? Is my S5 broken and unusable ?

Wow...  This entire episode sounds weird.  Never heard of this.  Maybe doggie can help.  Shoot him a PM if he doesn't answer here soon.

BY THE WAY - I found a 2.0 amp fan for the S5:  http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Electronics-FFB1212EHE-120x120x38mm-connector/dp/B002UO0WEI/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439716620&sr=1-2&keywords=Delta+Electronics+120x120x38mm+Cooling+Fan+%2C+4+pin

Are you certain you are feeling a "click" when you stick a paper clip (or equivalent) inside the "hard" reset hole?

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
shadow1975

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:26:58 AM

Yes after few seconds there is beep and red light. And I have to setup again IP and all the settings. In first place in my opinion, there wasn't problem in fan. Beacuse I recall, before changinfg fan it was same situation, like now. No hash. S5 was running for 6 months.

I can try with firmware upgrade again.

What's the number in LOCALWORK it's increasing, but no hash.

What the black button inside S5, near the fan connection ?
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:30:01 AM

Yes after few seconds there is beep and red light. In first place in my opinion, there wasn't problem in fan. Beacuse I recall, before changinfg fan it was same situation, like now. No hash. S5 was running for 6 months.

Do me a favor...

Unplug the 2 white ribbon cables that connect the hashing boards to the controller and plug them into the other two vacant slots and try the reset again [Make sure rig is off when swapping slots].  OR  Have you tried that already?  

I've unplugged mine before on an S3 and plugged them right back into the same slots and it started working again.  I've never had a problem with it since.  Your ribbon cables may not be long enough to plug into the vacant slots.  Sometimes, they make them too short.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
shadow1975

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:41:01 AM

It's the same. I reconnected them in other holes and also in the same, but no result. I think that controler board is faulty.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:41:15 AM

Hmmmmm, that is a black button.  What it does, I have no idea.  I don't see where it would hurt to press it and see what would happen.  It could have something to do with the fan.  Hard to say...  Maybe doggie knows.

Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: