Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:39:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450933 times)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:50:39 PM

Anyone know what this means?

Antminer (S5) starts beeping about every two seconds. If I check the status page, temperatures are OK (59 and 63), chains are all 'o' but hashrate has dropped to near zero. After about 60 seconds, there is a long beep then it looks like things recover.

Previously, I have just restarted when beeping has occurred but now I'm wondering if that was pointless and preferably, I'd like to stop it happening in the first place.

It will beep if you loose internet connection or the Pool goes down for some reason. This could be the reason?

Rich

Hmm. Possible. I'm on a local p2pool and it appears to still be up but it could be something, likely the bitcoind. Seems like it's nothing to worry about though.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:30:12 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 01:41:08 AM by sloopy

Anyone know what this means?

Antminer (S5) starts beeping about every two seconds. If I check the status page, temperatures are OK (59 and 63), chains are all 'o' but hashrate has dropped to near zero. After about 60 seconds, there is a long beep then it looks like things recover.

Previously, I have just restarted when beeping has occurred but now I'm wondering if that was pointless and preferably, I'd like to stop it happening in the first place.

If you have a way to measure the power going to the miner, under load at the PCIe connector is preferred, you may find the issue there.
You may also try connecting only one hash board.
The Bitmain zendesk has some videos which will walk you through many different things.

https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I would enjoy hearing feedback regarding your experience. Please let us know and I am happy to work with you on this so we share the cause.

Every two seconds is much faster than a bit of mine, but I see similar activity. I get concerned because so many people have burned hash boards when the temps hit 80. It seemed BCT was on a rush there for a while we had someone new posting almost every day. Their internet connection would drop out for whatever reason, many said the fans stop and the hash boards keep running. Many people who aren't concerned about fan noise or other minor side effects cut the blue wire so the fans always run. No feedback and they run at full speed. I am assuming it is feedback, I have not looked recently, but it is the blue wire on the stock S5 fan if you need to look at such.

I haven't determined the internet is my issue, but somewhere around 8, 12, 24 hour ranges I lose anywhere from 3TH to 7 or 8 TH. I am using the pool's worker stats page where the shift graph is located to see how much it drops and over what period.
I installed wireshark to record and monitor internet packets through a problem time frame. I am familiarizing myself with normal traffic and I plan to record traffic to catch a problem time and see what if anything I can find.
My meter will record, but I have to be here to see anything, and activate it for that matter. I have randomly been checking my power and it looks great (except for one other issue I have with the power, but when my other issue occurs I lose a leg of my 240 split phase, so separate issues.) I measure 124 to each leg and 248 between both. Subpanel is not bonded, but the main is. I am only using about 70 amps of a 200 amp panel. I drove a couple of ground rods and have them in series measuring about 6 ohms. I tried shaking and pulling on everything to see if I can make something fail / short.

I tried moving pools for a while, and saw it on the other pool. At that pool the effect was much more noticeable. The way the payout system works it is obvious when you stop getting paid. I was lucky enough to have these dips in my hash to (two pools now)   are costing me coin.

I won't bore you with any or all of the things I have been through and checked, but I should have started checking packets sooner or get something running to record.

This seems to happen and I am not aware of it. I have these inconsistent dips in hash for small amounts of time, but obviously just small enough for the pools to still log it.

The only thing I have seen is while killing my keyboard as usual a week or so ago an S4 decided to rev the fans and "sound like" it had joined a new pool, or something along that time frame. The display still read as though it was hashing. I refreshed my miner monitor and it kind of hung for maybe 3 seconds and then refreshed and it was winding back up pool side.
More like a "blip in the power" than the internet. I could see my cable modem as well, and all green lights, definitely not rebooting.

I do not think this is an S5 issue as much as I think it is power, internet, or both. Your description had me thinking about this particular oddity I am experiencing which happens to involve both Bitmain and SPtech miners of different models. I don't think it is "the miners" themselves, although it could be one of the miners pulling the load down.

If anyone has any thoughts feel free to throw them my way.
I am going to bury my head in packets for a while. I'm not excited about that part but it is all part of it, right?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 04:16:31 AM

Today i had a S5 throw thousands of errors in a short time, for the course of 30 minutes, almost all shares were Hardware errors. Does anything have any clues as to what could of happen aid if i should just overlook it?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
anamichii

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:58:29 AM

i see a new thing in aliexpress

what is this for?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:19:08 AM

Removed pic to save space

what is this for?

Does it say what it's achieving?  I'm guessing better efficiency it looks interesting.

Just would like to know a lot more about it.   The S5 would be amazing if they could get to level's sidehack has, but I wont hold my breath on it.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:04:53 PM

It just looks like a replacement for the 14V Buck Converter that feeds the LDO on the Top 3 Stages. I guess it's intended as a replacement if you have a failure? They have removed the inductor but left the U101 in place, also looks like you can also adjust the voltage.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:12:19 PM

My S5 has been going smoothly for the past few months.
It stopped hashing on Sunday. This morning I rebooted it and did a complete power down.
No hashing at all. Hardware Version reads x.x.x.x
I have checked the power connectors and did a firmware upgrade.Still no go.

Any suggestions on getting this puppy hashing again?
The average temp for the past month has been 40-42 degress.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:40:02 PM

It just looks like a replacement for the 14V Buck Converter that feeds the LDO on the Top 3 Stages. I guess it's intended as a replacement if you have a failure? They have removed the inductor but left the U101 in place, also looks like you can also adjust the voltage.

Rich

I saw voltage on it and was curious with that.   With being able to adjust think it will see any eficiency change?

Or mainly just a fix and that's it.
anamichii

Activity: 287

Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:44:51 PM

Removed pic to save space

what is this for?

Does it say what it's achieving?  I'm guessing better efficiency it looks interesting.

Just would like to know a lot more about it.   The S5 would be amazing if they could get to level's sidehack has, but I wont hold my breath on it.

i think it's step down voltage.
this is the link. no description available
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rapid-repair-Antminer-S5-dedicated-power-supply-module-maintenance-Bitcon-Miner-The-core/32487661152.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.54.F1RnzH&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6,searchweb201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb201560_4
RichBC

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:10:17 PM

Rich

I saw voltage on it and was curious with that.   With being able to adjust think it will see any eficiency change?

Or mainly just a fix and that's it.

No it's just a rather complicated and expensive way of repairing your 12V to 14V step up converter, by completely replacing all of the circuitry. Not a lot of value in the adjustable voltage as it needs to be set a couple of volts over the supply voltage in order that the LDO Regulators will function.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:54:05 AM

So, i'm wondering, is the 16 pins pinout otherwise the same as the 18 pins. In short i'm wondering about running a 16pins blade into a 18pins controller safely. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that it was done, can't find it now, so i'm wondering on how to do it safely.

Anyone knows?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:55:35 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for a working controller board of S5 miner (that is, only the controller board, not the whole miner). Is there anybody with broken S5 miner, but with fully working controller board? If yes, please contact me, I would buy one (only the controller board). Or is there any other option to get a controller board of S5 miner (btw: I don't want to mess with bitmaintech for this, it would take too long to get it from them I guess). Thanks!
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:40:28 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a working controller board of S5 miner (that is, only the controller board, not the whole miner). Is there anybody with broken S5 miner, but with fully working controller board? If yes, please contact me, I would buy one (only the controller board). Or is there any other option to get a controller board of S5 miner (btw: I don't want to mess with bitmaintech for this, it would take too long to get it from them I guess). Thanks!

BeagleBone board only
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=858962.0
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:44:25 AM

I have a S5 with some history, the second blade was dead and the FAN2 from the controller reading does not work. I could put a new working blade in the controller, but would such history warrant against doing this?

Just wondering if the replacement board could get damaged because of the previous history, or if it work now, it'll be fine?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:55:36 PM

Looking for an electronics expert input.  I have 4 working S5's all with 18 pin connectors and 1 S5 that is a 16 pin variety.  I have taken the S5 that is 16 pin apart because 1 of the blades wasn't functioning and I had a couple of extra blades I wanted to test.  So essentially I have 3 16 pin S5 blades.  When I connect 2 of them to the controller board I get what is in the following picture regardless of which 2 are connected.  I assume it is a controller/BB problem but have no idea on how to test it since my other S5's are all the 18 pin variety.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
RichBC

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:07:29 PM

Looking for an electronics expert input.  I have 4 working S5's all with 18 pin connectors and 1 S5 that is a 16 pin variety.  I have taken the S5 that is 16 pin apart because 1 of the blades wasn't functioning and I had a couple of extra blades I wanted to test.  So essentially I have 3 16 pin S5 blades.  When I connect 2 of them to the controller board I get what is in the following picture regardless of which 2 are connected.  I assume it is a controller/BB problem but have no idea on how to test it since my other S5's are all the 18 pin variety.

Just to check one thing first, you say.  "I have taken the S5 that is 16 pin apart because 1 of the blades wasn't functioning"

So the blade that was working, if you plug that up on it's own is it still working?

Now moving onto the screenshot. Do you know the history of the other two 16 Pin blades? if you do and they were working then the obvious implication is that the controller board is faulty?

Rich

kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 10:27:22 PM

Just to check one thing first, you say.  "I have taken the S5 that is 16 pin apart because 1 of the blades wasn't functioning"

So the blade that was working, if you plug that up on it's own is it still working?

Now moving onto the screenshot. Do you know the history of the other two 16 Pin blades? if you do and they were working then the obvious implication is that the controller board is faulty?

Rich

Now they all show up as they do on the screenshot.  The only difference between the 3 blades is that 1 of the 3 still has the red LED that lights up.  No obvious signs on any of the blades, I have about 30 blades that are fried (for the POD project) and most of them have an easily identified problem.

Only one of the 3 blades is known to work

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
gaalx

Activity: 411

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:23:10 PM

Can you please tell where to find the datasheets on the S5. Thank you.

RichBC

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:33:19 PM

The only data available is the User Manual.

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720150101032744943aR8nBEc90671

Rich

gaalx

Activity: 411

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:43:21 PM

The only data available is the User Manual.

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720150101032744943aR8nBEc90671

Rich

Thank you, but I have not The user guide and datasheet itself Asic. Stops working and you want to learn how to restore it. On the chip found - https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/BM1384_Datasheet_v2.1.pdf, but the device - no.

Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: