Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:17:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450905 times)
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:16:38 AM

I usually try to solve problems myself but this one goes over my head. Is there any other fw than 20150107 that supports more than two boards. And I'll swap that board to another s5 and see what the hashrate then will be.

I am running the SD-S5-20150715-fan_ctrl.tar.gz firmware on both my S5 aand have had no problems including the 4 board test. It is just possible that it is frequency related and for some reason it cannot cope with three boards at higher frequencies, although my total Hash Rate was higher than yours so I would have thought it was ok? Might be worth taking the clock down a bit just to see if you do then get the correct hash rate?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinhead666

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:00:50 AM

Yep, I flashed that same fw and it works perfect. Thanks for Tupsu for mailing link to me.
RichBC

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:07:25 AM

Yep, I flashed that same fw and it works perfect. Thanks for Tupsu for mailing link to me.

That's good to know, means I was just lucky that the latest firmware supports 4 boards, had not realised that they all did not do this?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
pinhead666

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:37:49 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 06:16:25 AM by pinhead666

That's good to know, means I was just lucky that the latest firmware supports 4 boards, had not realised that they all did not do this?

Rich

I once read this:
 "One other item to consider in making a "4-blade S5 Extreme" miner. The most recent firmware that Bitmain has released will NOT support four blades on a single controller. If that doesn't bother you then feel free to proceed. I personally would keep it as two separate miners. I think Ethernet switches are pretty cheap. A used one couldn't even cost $10, could it?"

And there was link to that fw that I first tried. It worked, but not so well  Smiley.

Edit: after 20h average hashrate is 1.73TH. So far so good. And temps are much lower too.
RichBC

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:16:21 AM

Rich

I once read this:
 "One other item to consider in making a "4-blade S5 Extreme" miner. The most recent firmware that Bitmain has released will NOT support four blades on a single controller. If that doesn't bother you then feel free to proceed. I personally would keep it as two separate miners. I think Ethernet switches are pretty cheap. A used one couldn't even cost $10, could it?"

And there was link to that fw that I first tried. It worked, but not so well  Smiley.

Edit: after 20h average hashrate is 1.73TH. So far so good. And temps are much lower too.

OK good news, there must be some version(s) of the S5 firmware that dropped or messed up 4 board support. I have been very happy with the latest rease with fan control, so will be sticking with that. Have also tried the Nicehash release but had some problems, not multiboard related.

The 4 Board system was my most efficient overall, but because of the current I could take from my 2 Pairs of 5V PSU's they were running on, 250MHZ was as high as I could go without running out of Power. I will return to the setup but wanted to split them to allow running of one while experimenting with the other.

Rich

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2114

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:27:57 PM

Every now and then, I will lose half or all of my hashing power on the S5. Powering off and on the unit will fix it but simply rebooting from the command line or web interface (both are working fine) will not. The status line for the blades shows all 'o's. Is there a way to bring it back to life remotely or am I going to have to work out some kind of remote power control??

Edit: Dropping the clock and restarting brought half of the hashing back. The other board is all Xs now so at least that's getting somewhere.

Edit2: Another reboot and all 'o's again but my hashrate is still around 1/2 what it should be. Think I'll have to rig up an R-Pi for remote power switching.

RichBC

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:56:24 PM

Every now and then, I will lose half or all of my hashing power on the S5. Powering off and on the unit will fix it but simply rebooting from the command line or web interface (both are working fine) will not. The status line for the blades shows all 'o's. Is there a way to bring it back to life remotely or am I going to have to work out some kind of remote power control??

Edit: Dropping the clock and restarting brought half of the hashing back. The other board is all Xs now so at least that's getting somewhere.

Edit2: Another reboot and all 'o's again but my hashrate is still around 1/2 what it should be. Think I'll have to rig up an R-Pi for remote power switching.

If I loose some Hash on my S5 I have usually found that just doing a Save & Apply on the Frequency setting, without changing the frequency, get's things going again. Failing that a soft reboot seems to work, have not ever found a power down being necessary.

Not much use to you.... but just my experience.

Rich

scyth33

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:06:50 AM

i've created a script just to soft restart the miner overtime if it drops below a certain hashrate. you can set the minimum hashrate in "minhash" (80000 = 800GH/s).

ssh into the miner and save it in the /config folder. any name you want. example hashcheck. then chmod 755 hashcheck.

to run the script, enter "nohup /config/hashcheck &". this will allow the script to run after you exit from ssh

to view the log enter yourmineraddress/hashcheck.txt in your browser.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo $(date) "| hashcheck monitor started"  > /www/pages/hashcheck.txt
restartcount=0
minhash=80000
while true
do
var=$(cgminer-api | grep 'GHS 5s] => ' | cut -c 16- | tr -d '.')
if [ $var -lt $minhash ]; then
        echo $(date) "| rechecking in 60s" >> /www/pages/hashcheck.txt
        sleep 60
        var=$(cgminer-api | grep 'GHS 5s] => ' | cut -c 16- | tr -d '.')
        if [ $var -lt $minhash ]; then
                restartcount=$((restartcount+1))
                restarthash=$var
                restarttime=$(date)

echo $(date) "| failed: " $restarthash >> /www/pages/hashcheck.txt
                echo $(date) "| restarted cgminer, waiting for 90 seconds: " >> /www/pages/hashcheck.txt
                /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart
                sleep 90
                echo $(date) "| miner restarted " $restartcount " times: " $restarthash ", at " $restarttime > /www/pages/hashcheck.txt
        else
                echo $(date) "| recovered: " $var >> /www/pages/hashcheck.txt
                sleep 10
        fi
else
        echo $(date) "| normal operation: " $var >> /www/pages/hashcheck.txt
        sleep 10
fi
done
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2114

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:23:21 PM

Soft restarts and reboots didn't help. Ended up having my wife power it down. Think I'll just throw a RPi on it for now.

HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 05:39:41 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 05:39:40 PM by HerbPean

Hey guys,

I need some advices with a S5 that I bought with some damage.

First, I got one blade that have a short (PSU won't start if plugged in and with both PCI-E) and I will probably remove the heatsink and have a look at the thermal paste to see if it's the problem (has I red on a link posted somewhere here to an external site to do so)

Then my other blade does hash most of the time. I managed to make it hash one time at 100M then I manage to push it to 250M but i had 3x (first 3 of the chain) then I rebooted and it doesn't hash anymore at any freq I set.

I tried the lastest S5 firmware and now using Nicehash (just because i wanted to be sure it's not the firmware) which bring me a question. Do we have any firmware that allow us to set the fan Freq + stop the beeper. I couldn't find a firmware that do both at the same time.

I tested with a PSU that is not single rail (I will try a single rail tonight) but my guess is that this blade is about to die and doesn't respond very well to his power input.

Any inputs appreciated !

Thanks

Herb

EDIT: Figured out the rest
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:21:49 PM

Hello,
I also have several problems with some antminers recently.
Does anyone have an idea how this can happen?

All ASICs seem to work, but the miner does not start hashing.

I also have 2 miners where suddenly only hashboard 1 (chain 1) shows all ASICs working, while all ASICs on chain 2 are not shown (only "-").
I am quite confused by this behaviour, testing around with different firmware & resetting to default values did not solve it.
I am open and happy to any suggestions.
Kind regards
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 09:15:13 PM

I've fixed this before, but forgot what I've done. Can't remember at all. All dashes on the first row, and then sometimes a few X's on the second row. Sometimes starts hashing around 300-400G, but never above. Tried another PSU. This is my fathers rig, so I haven't asked him to try another controller. I'm guessing controller, hash board, or possibly a cable, but I doubt it is a cable. Any guesses? I just have remote access to it right now, but can ask my Dad to try a few things.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:17:37 PM

I've fixed this before, but forgot what I've done. Can't remember at all. All dashes on the first row, and then sometimes a few X's on the second row. Sometimes starts hashing around 300-400G, but never above. Tried another PSU. This is my fathers rig, so I haven't asked him to try another controller. I'm guessing controller, hash board, or possibly a cable, but I doubt it is a cable. Any guesses? I just have remote access to it right now, but can ask my Dad to try a few things.

First thing i would do is turn the controller 180 degree and effectively swap the blade. If its now the bottom blade (on the webgui) thats dead, then you know its not the controller.

Assuming he tried a power cycle already.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 09:27:16 PM

First thing i would do is turn the controller 180 degree and effectively swap the blade. If its now the bottom blade (on the webgui) thats dead, then you know its not the controller.

I've re-flashed from the SD card and also updated firmware. Done all the "software" related procedures so far. I think it is the controller, but just a guess right now. I'll ask him to try that. The data cables are cheap and do fall apart easily.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:30:53 PM

I've re-flashed from the SD card and also updated firmware. Done all the "software" related procedures so far. I think it is the controller, but just a guess right now. I'll ask him to try that. The data cables are cheap and do fall apart easily.

Then i guess software side you can't shut it off for 20 seconds, with PSU unplugged and then replug it. That usually solve minor issues like a couples of X. But a blade line full of X, not so sure. Still worth a try.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 10:01:10 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 10:44:08 PM by opentoe

Then i guess software side you can't shut it off for 20 seconds, with PSU unplugged and then replug it. That usually solve minor issues like a couples of X. But a blade line full of X, not so sure. Still worth a try.

I have indicated in the original post that another PSU was tried, hence it has been power cycled a few times.

You actually cannot rotate that beagle-bone board 180 degrees. The Ethernet square drops down into that green board so when you turn the beagle-bone board the Ethernet jack hits the circuit board below since there is no hole/cutout there for it. Yes, miner has been power cycled several times and a BLAH.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:49:53 PM

I have indicated in the original post that another PSU was tried, hence it has been power cycled a few times.

You actually cannot rotate that beagle-bone board 180 degrees. The Ethernet square drops down into that green board so when you turn the beagle-bone board the Ethernet jack hits the circuit board below since there is no hole/cutout there for it. Yes, miner has been power cycled several times and a BLAH.

Don't pop out and rotate the beagle bone, i'm not suggesting you pop it out and pot in back on the daughter board. The controller, that is the BBB+The daughter board, can be rotated just fine. Its just to swap the PCB's. Its the only way to do it if you don't have long 18 pins cables.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 11:57:20 PM

It was easier to just move a good working beagle-bone to another miner. Booted right up and started hashing good, so this does confirm a bad hashing board. Sad

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:00:20 AM

It was easier to just move a good working beagle-bone to another miner. Booted right up and started hashing good, so this does confirm a bad hashing board. Sad

Never wanted to risk popping out the BBB, thanks for telling me its doable if you have a spare. If its any consolation, the dead PCB is sellable for parts. If you can't fix it, you can sell it easily on the forum.

I would not be surprised if you received PM's about it soon, if you have not already.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:29:48 AM

Never wanted to risk popping out the BBB, thanks for telling me its doable if you have a spare. If its any consolation, the dead PCB is sellable for parts. If you can't fix it, you can sell it easily on the forum.

I would not be surprised if you received PM's about it soon, if you have not already.

I asked my Dad to take apart his bad rig and put it back together. Sometimes just doing that has helped me in the past. The daughter card has 4 connectors on it, so I would imagine it can run 4 hashing boards. I have tested those connectors a year ago with just connecting on the same miner and worked as normal but since they have been running so good I don't touch them. I'm just trying to eliminate everything. There's also a 4-5 pin cable going from the daughter board to the hashing board. Not sure what that is yet.

Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: