Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:45:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450914 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:27:04 PM

I dont have any X, though. The o's are just missing. Its the two last oo's in the chain, if that matters.

OK you have the dash. ----

Power cycle should fix it, most of the time. Especially if the unit was running all good.

I dont have any -. The o's are just missing. Its the same i get if i change voltage on a S4 without a power cycle.

It probably means that there is a failure of some sort in the last pair of ASIC's in the chain. If it were earlier in the chain then usually either nothing works or all the chips after the failure do not work. The next step would be to check a few voltages, but if it is a failed ASIC it's a tricky repair and you also need another failed board to remove a chip from.

Rich

I do have 2 failed board but i doubt i should do this kind of work. (Extracting and replacing the chip) i mean i've had trouble resoldering an uart cable.
And for 2 ASIC its not really worth shipping it out to say you or sidehack for repair. I'm mostly worried on if this can cause further deterioration to the board/controller/psu if i continue to run the board. What do you think?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:48:53 PM

I dont have any X, though. The o's are just missing. Its the two last oo's in the chain, if that matters.

OK you have the dash. ----

Power cycle should fix it, most of the time. Especially if the unit was running all good.

I dont have any -. The o's are just missing. Its the same i get if i change voltage on a S4 without a power cycle.

It probably means that there is a failure of some sort in the last pair of ASIC's in the chain. If it were earlier in the chain then usually either nothing works or all the chips after the failure do not work. The next step would be to check a few voltages, but if it is a failed ASIC it's a tricky repair and you also need another failed board to remove a chip from.

Rich

I do have 2 failed board but i doubt i should do this kind of work. (Extracting and replacing the chip) i mean i've had trouble resoldering an uart cable.
And for 2 ASIC its not really worth shipping it out to say you or sidehack for repair. I'm mostly worried on if this can cause further deterioration to the board/controller/psu if i continue to run the board. What do you think?

Assuming there is a failure of some sort in the last stage pair, then the worst it can be is that the core has gone SC, if it was OC then nothing would be working. This will have pushed up the core voltage on the other chips slightly but only a small amount. Is the red led on that board still working?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:26:54 AM

Assuming there is a failure of some sort in the last stage pair, then the worst it can be is that the core has gone SC, if it was OC then nothing would be working. This will have pushed up the core voltage on the other chips slightly but only a small amount. Is the red led on that board still working?

Rich

I dont know what SC is, OC could be... overcurrent? Anyhow, it is hashing normally-ish (75gh/s loss), the red led seem dead. I never really paid attention before but right now its right blade's led does not seem to be on.

Whats the diagnostic, doctor?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:36:53 AM

I have 3 S5's all running at 400 with a RM1000 power supply
Power at wall 666 watt

Your fans are spinning very slow, are you keeping the unit outside ?

RichBC

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:21:18 AM

Rich

I dont know what SC is, OC could be... overcurrent? Anyhow, it is hashing normally-ish (75gh/s loss), the red led seem dead. I never really paid attention before but right now its right blade's led does not seem to be on.

Short Circuit, Open Circuit, referring to the chips being in a string from a power point of view. So if you have an OC chip none of them will work, if SC then the rest of the chain is powered at a slightly higher voltage so it might work, which yours is. The fact that the red led is not on means there is a fault in the IO (In Out  Smiley circuitry in one of the final pair of chips.

Bottom line is that probably there is a fault in one of the final pair of chips, but that it is not preventing the rest of the chain from working. May not be a SC core, could just be a fault in the IO signal side of the chip.

However although I have a fair understanding of the circuit treat the above with a pinch of salt as so far I have not been able to repair my board with the last 4 chips not working....

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:27:44 AM

Rich

Short Circuit, Open Circuit, referring to the chips being in a string from a power point of view. So if you have an OC chip none of them will work, if SC then the rest of the chain is powered at a slightly higher voltage so it might work, which yours is. The fact that the red led is not on means there is a fault in the IO (In Out  Smiley circuitry in one of the final pair of chips.

Bottom line is that probably there is a fault in one of the final pair of chips, but that it is not preventing the rest of the chain from working. May not be a SC core, could just be a fault in the IO signal side of the chip.

However although I have a fair understanding of the circuit treat the above with a pinch of salt as so far I have not been able to repair my board with the last 4 chips not working....

Rich

So does a dead ASIC cause this or could it be like a bad resistor/capacitor ?  Are there any guides on here where somebody successfully repaired their S5? I've reballed /replaced many IC before in the past, the BM1384 seems like it would be very simple to swap since its fairly large compared to most other mobile IC's i had to replace in the past.

RichBC

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:45:11 AM

Rich

Rich

So does a dead ASIC cause this or could it be like a bad resistor/capacitor ?  Are there any guides on here where somebody successfully repaired their S5? I've reballed /replaced many IC before in the past, the BM1384 seems like it would be very simple to swap since its fairly large compared to most other mobile IC's i had to replace in the past.

There is not much to go wrong on each of the stages. A big decoupling capacitor , the level shifting components between the stages, and the 1.8V Low Drop Out regulator. A few measurements are needed to confirm that chip failure is the most likely problem, then just the job of robbing a replacement chip from another board.

As I said I have not yet successfully repaired mine and the next job on the list is to make an ASIC test jig so that I can check the chip I remove before using it as a replacement.

If I ever get this done I will write it up along with a trouble shooting guide. However at this point I feel that my knowledge is just in theory rather than practice.

I have found removing and replacing the chips difficult with the IR rework station I have. Because of the heatsinking effect from the copper areas on the board they need a lot of heat, and I am worried I am damaging the chips. I suspect I need a more expensive device than the one I am using

Rich

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:17:17 AM

Rich

Short Circuit, Open Circuit, referring to the chips being in a string from a power point of view. So if you have an OC chip none of them will work, if SC then the rest of the chain is powered at a slightly higher voltage so it might work, which yours is. The fact that the red led is not on means there is a fault in the IO (In Out  Smiley circuitry in one of the final pair of chips.

Rich

So does a dead ASIC cause this or could it be like a bad resistor/capacitor ?  Are there any guides on here where somebody successfully repaired their S5? I've reballed /replaced many IC before in the past, the BM1384 seems like it would be very simple to swap since its fairly large compared to most other mobile IC's i had to replace in the past.

There is not much to go wrong on each of the stages. A big decoupling capacitor , the level shifting components between the stages, and the 1.8V Low Drop Out regulator. A few measurements are needed to confirm that chip failure is the most likely problem, then just the job of robbing a replacement chip from another board.

As I said I have not yet successfully repaired mine and the next job on the list is to make an ASIC test jig so that I can check the chip I remove before using it as a replacement.

If I ever get this done I will write it up along with a trouble shooting guide. However at this point I feel that my knowledge is just in theory rather than practice.

I have found removing and replacing the chips difficult with the IR rework station I have. Because of the heatsinking effect from the copper areas on the board they need a lot of heat, and I am worried I am damaging the chips. I suspect I need a more expensive device than the one I am using

Rich

I see. Hopefully its just a fluke. The apartment's voltage seem to go up and down a bit, i suspect because of the load. I'm pretty much wondering if its an isolated incident.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
beffje

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:29:08 PM

I have 3 S5's all running at 400 with a RM1000 power supply
Power at wall 666 watt

Your fans are spinning very slow, are you keeping the unit outside ?

I place them on a S1 cool rib. Ambiant temp is 23c

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1095605.msg11674556#msg11674556
Matias

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:16:44 PM

About HW error rate. How to interpret is?  What is too high rate?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:21:33 PM

If ran with good a PSU at stock setting, you should be pretty much at 0. If you OC a lot you might get anywhere from 0.0001% to 0.05% its all good, its merely an indication.

You could get 1% and it would only indicate that the PSU's volt output is sagging a bit or that the OC is too high (not a danger, but lower efficiency) its not directly a problem in itself. Simply see what gives you the best hashrate. If you OC. If you don't, not getting near 0 might mean your PSU aren't very good.

I get 1.32TH/s for 400 freq. 1.27 for 387freq.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
eretron

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:14:55 PM

Hello,

today, one of my S5s have stopped hashing, and after rebooting it, i have one issue, unit hashes ok but I have lost temp readings.

Anyone had similar issues?

Temps vere around 40 celsius, and PSU is 1200W Cooler Master powering only 1 S5 unit via 4 PCI Lanes.

Thanks in advance

Matias

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:24:32 PM

If ran with good a PSU at stock setting, you should be pretty much at 0. If you OC a lot you might get anywhere from 0.0001% to 0.05% its all good, its merely an indication.

You could get 1% and it would only indicate that the PSU's volt output is sagging a bit or that the OC is too high (not a danger, but lower efficiency) its not directly a problem in itself. Simply see what gives you the best hashrate. If you OC. If you don't, not getting near 0 might mean your PSU aren't very good.

I'm overclocking. So as long as my hashrate increases, I don't need to worry about HW error percentage?
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:04:56 AM

without editing the sd card image is there any way to start a script at startup?
i know if you save the script to the /config folder it doesnt get erased when you reboot, but anything i put in the init.d does.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:30:24 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 09:59:56 AM by VirosaGITS

About HW error rate. How to interpret is?  What is too high rate?

I'm overclocking. So as long as my hashrate increases, I don't need to worry about HW error percentage?

Thats mostly it. If your HWE suddenly jump to 1%, then its likely the PSU is dropping voltage output when you raise consumption, at that point its probably best to bring it down one step even though running it a 1% may be acceptable.

However when the HWE% start going up by such step for me, the actual hashrate dropped. So just something to keep in mind. A HW itself does not cause damage to the hardware.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Matias

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:59:05 AM

Thanks!
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:07:58 PM

anybody see this ?

https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720160119094333656o605qB400623

https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720160119094350545fjgdRh3806BE

I am windows but the question is , is it for the new beagle board and controller they have posted on there site

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160105102242316JqapyMif0705

or can they be used on S7 batch 5 with original beagle board and controller ? if so what are the changes ?

just posted beagle board you get the point.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 05:14:48 PM

anybody see this ?

I am windows but the question is , is it for the new controller they have posted on there site

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160105102242316JqapyMif0705

or can they be used on S7 batch 5 with original controller ? if so what are the changes ?

Its just a BBB, which is used across all latest Antminers, but the thing is, the unique thing you need to turn the BBB into a controller is the daughter board, the unique thing to each miner.

Its also hard to tell which portion of the controller died. I guess having a spare would not hurt, but by itself, will not run any miners.

On the page itself it says that it is not included (The unique portion of each miner controller); "IO board doesn't included." Quoted exactly as Bitmain wrote it in their disclaimer.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 06:24:51 PM

anybody see this ?

I am windows but the question is , is it for the new controller they have posted on there site

or can they be used on S7 batch 5 with original controller ? if so what are the changes ?

Its just a BBB, which is used across all latest Antminers, but the thing is, the unique thing you need to turn the BBB into a controller is the daughter board, the unique thing to each miner.

Its also hard to tell which portion of the controller died. I guess having a spare would not hurt, but by itself, will not run any miners.

On the page itself it says that it is not included (The unique portion of each miner controller); "IO board doesn't included." Quoted exactly as Bitmain wrote it in their disclaimer.

No my S7 works fine I was just wondering will that firmware work in the beagle/daughter that's already in there I have batch 5 which is 600mhz.

and if it does what are there firmware fixes ??
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:20:38 PM

anybody see this ?

No my S7 works fine I was just wondering will that firmware work in the beagle/daughter that's already in there I have batch 5 which is 600mhz.

and if it does what are there firmware fixes ??

Oh i see. Nobody really knows what the "fixes" does, nothing before or after seem to have visible change so since they seem to be very minor, changing firmware is generally considered a no go.

For which firmware to get, you have to put the right one in. If you put which miner and batch information in the order detail, they will give you the right firmware for it.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: