Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: neoscrypt algo for ccminer and nvidia card: call for donation  (Read 33711 times)
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 03:23:31 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 04:29:40 PM by djm34

I posted the ad to the feathercoin forum and discovers there are mostly a bunch of morons on a completely deserted forum...
Not only they don't give anything, but worst they ask someone else to do the job  Roll Eyes

Why I am working on neoscrypt is clearly a mystery... (from that perspective)

It's rude and unprofessional to say this because the people there aren't up to your expectations.

Private kernel sales may be a source of income, but they don't improve reputation. Crypto is open source in the 1st place, therefore people expect some code before they donate, not after as you'd like. Asking them for donations, receiving some and saying the following is far from fair.

Quote from: djm34
He better work on it, because with current state of donation, no way I open source my software.

well... those who donate will get the program not the other (as planned unfortunately)

edit: speaking of rude and unprofessional, this is rather your thing with your comments to that same thread.
(and the hijack of neoscrypt coins...  Grin so please you are not the one who should say that...)

Quote from: ghostlander
I'd prefer to create a fast OpenCL kernel for NVIDIA rather than CUDA based. It's easier to maintain and debug for me at least. If we manage to crowdfund the hardware cost, the rest is my business. I think GTX 750 Ti doesn't qualify for this job alone because miners compare by high end cards. There is no guarantee a kernel optimised for a low end or mainstream card performs the best for a high end one.

and on top of that you are a hypocrite as you are asking on my thread to crowdfund your gpus
(so basically you are asking for 2.5btc upfront before you can even start and he doesn't want a 750ti Grin)
Why don't you buy them and expect people to donate once you released the program.  

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 04:48:55 PM

edit: speaking of rude and unprofessional, this is rather your thing with your comments to that same thread.
(and the hijack of neoscrypt coins...  Grin so please you are not the one who should say that...)

Do me and the others a favour and elaborate what you call "the hijack of neoscrypt coins".

and on top of that you are a hypocrite as you are asking on my thread to crowdfund your gpus
(so basically you are asking for 2.5btc upfront before you can even start and he doesn't want a 750ti Grin)
Why don't you buy them and expect people to donate once you released the program.  

Because it's quite obvious I cannot deliver a fast kernel for GTX 980 using a GTX 750 Ti only. These are two different cards based on two different GPUs, though of the same Maxwell architecture. In addition, the card getting crowdfunded doesn't become my sole property. Compare to your demands now and start acting like an adult rather than a spoiled child.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

Do me and the others a favour and elaborate what you call "the hijack of neoscrypt coins".

Because it's quite obvious I cannot deliver a fast kernel for GTX 980 using a GTX 750 Ti only. These are two different cards based on two different GPUs, though of the same Maxwell architecture. In addition, the card getting crowdfunded doesn't become my sole property.
Come on !!!  Grin Please don't take readers for complete idiot, this is insulting  Grin

Regarding the hijack of neoscrypt coin, you made threads for neoscrypt coins you didn't even release (well I hope...) not even pointing to the original or referencing the original thread...  Roll Eyes yeah hijack is the best definition...

You brag about being able to do this and that in opencl while most of the people don't even use your kernel as they used a kernel released by Wolf0 most likely
better. (yeah, I may-be acting a bit like a spoil child right now... Grin this is what happen when someone come to brag to a thread I created to say he can do better, while not having seen the code, and not even owning proper hardware to do the job... )

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:10:36 PM

Because it's quite obvious I cannot deliver a fast kernel for GTX 980 using a GTX 750 Ti only. These are two different cards based on two different GPUs, though of the same Maxwell architecture. In addition, the card getting crowdfunded doesn't become my sole property.
Come on !!!  Grin Please don't take readers for complete idiot, this is insulting  Grin

Regarding the hijack of neoscrypt coin, you made threads for neoscrypt coins you didn't even release (well I hope...) not even pointing to the original or referencing the original thread...  Roll Eyes yeah hijack is the best definition...

You brag about being able to do this and that in opencl while most of the people don't even use your kernel as they used a kernel released by Wolf0 most likely
better. (yeah, I may-be acting a bit like a spoil child...  Grin )

What threads are you talking about? Seems you haven't got your prescriptions right today...

Wolf0's kernel is for the GCN powered Radeons. My kernel is for the older VLIW5/VLIW4 powered Radeons. It's already 10x faster than the reference kernel.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:18:12 PM

better. (yeah, I may-be acting a bit like a spoil child...  Grin )

What threads are you talking about? Seems you haven't got your prescriptions right today...

Wolf0's kernel is for the GCN powered Radeons. My kernel is for the older VLIW5/VLIW4 powered Radeons. It's already 10x faster than the reference kernel.

This thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=901149.0
Linking to other threads you made about coin you didn't developed. Is it too difficult to point to the original thread ?
(probably other spoil child if they would ever complain about the way you act with other child toys... )

djm34 facebook page
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:35:22 PM

Linking to other threads you made about coin you didn't developed. Is it too difficult to point to the original thread ?
(probably other spoil child if they would ever complain about the way you act with other child toys... )

This thread is for reference only to keep all NeoScrypt coins in a single place. There are links to active forum threads for every coin listed. What's the problem?

djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:48:12 PM

This thread is for reference only to keep all NeoScrypt coins in a single place. There are links to active forum threads for every coin listed. What's the problem?

so you are the dev of Orbitcoin, Halcyon and Phoenix ?  (nothing else ? ) Grin
(referencing your own github for their wallet...  Roll Eyes  Grin )

djm34 facebook page
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 06:07:47 PM

That's correct and nothing else. The original developers abandoned these coins.

djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 06:12:22 PM

(referencing your own github for their wallet...  Roll Eyes  Grin )

you clearly have a thing for neoscrypt...  Roll Eyes (or have a big bag of all of them...)
Can't you just let them die ?

djm34 facebook page
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:32:52 PM

xD LOL
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:43:16 PM

(referencing your own github for their wallet...  Roll Eyes  Grin )

you clearly have a thing for neoscrypt...  Roll Eyes (or have a big bag of all of them...)

Have a thing for NeoScrypt? I have designed it. Let them die? I need something to work with.

sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:54:45 PM

Have a thing for NeoScrypt? I have designed it. Let them die? I need something to work with.

Opencl on NVIDIA cards will not run fast. Publish your improved opencl miner and I will double the speed Cuda/assembly.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW ZILLIQA + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:56:25 PM

so you are the dev of Orbitcoin, Halcyon and Phoenix ?  (nothing else ? ) Grin

you clearly have a thing for neoscrypt...  Roll Eyes (or have a big bag of all of them...)

testnet is for you... (I use phoexnicoin as testnet because none of these coins have an active testnet...)
here you go, just find you something to do  Grin
(in the mean time if the screw up between pool mining and and wallet could be fixed that would be great too)

djm34 facebook page
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:58:59 PM

Opencl on NVIDIA cards will not run fast. Publish your improved opencl miner and I will double the speed Cuda/assembler.
no point arguing about that  Grin
or he will tell you how bad is nvidia and how cuda will soon be obsolete  Grin

edit: to be fair, it is also possible to include ptx  statement with opencl

djm34 facebook page
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:03:40 PM

wolf0 already improved the original neoscrypt cl 100% faster. On the 750ti the improved cl gained 20KHASH from 20KHASH to 40KHASH.

The unpublished DJM34 cuda version is doing 160KHASH. 800% faster than the original version by the creator.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW ZILLIQA + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 08:14:11 PM

Wolf0's public kernel is roughly 4x faster than Vehre's original one. That's a well done job I must say. I've made my point. Good luck whatever you do.

LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:48:59 AM

any card get over 1M?

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 10:17:45 AM

Wolf0's public kernel is roughly 4x faster than Vehre's original one. That's a well done job I must say. I've made my point. Good luck whatever you do.

Private is around 8x faster than his on 290X.

With a global memory trick like in my last VLIW kernel? Wink

djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 11:54:14 AM

any card get over 1M?

that model has yet to be invented... and the program better optimized.
The fastest nvidia card gtx980 is doing with my current version: 530kh/s (OC)

djm34 facebook page
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:29:18 PM

You need to update your first post in this thread. It says that the current speed is:

980:   427kh/s

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: