Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:22:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: neoscrypt algo for ccminer and nvidia card: call for donation  (Read 33718 times)
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:06:19 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 06:29:44 AM by Bombadil

Wink Quote: "Can you point to an optimized miner for Neoscrypt right now? Hint, the algo is owned by AMD right now and if djm34 did not put the time in we still will not have one. "

ROFL Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin just look at that:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=neoscrypt+fpga

OMG, thanx for good laugh  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Last time I will reply to you but your link does not work and in the title I see fpga, this is not a fpga thread.

This is an Nvidia thread so maybe you did understand when I said an optimized miner, that was for Nvidia cards.

You have to just copy and paste Wink or just click on it.

Give us the link at what you're aiming, fool. Everyone's google results are personalized, and the first thing I get is this: https://github.com/ghostlander/cgminer-neoscrypt/blob/master/FPGA-README
Now, if you take that as FPGA proof for neoscrypt, you're an idiot. And a moron. And a st*p*d f*ck. (We're getting kinda used to it that you don't actually read.)
If you have another link as proof, JUST GIVE IT, newbie.

Also, djm has been an honest dev for ages. I have a lot of faith in him (if he'd only add the API Tongue ) and will support him wherever it's needed.If you were here since a year ago, like I am, you would've known.
You need to know your place, and it's not running around like a headless chicken, screaming about scams etc.

(/me thinks DJM is gonna open up a selfmoderated thread next time ^^" )

Btw, about sp_, I donated to that guy too, even more than I did for djm (djm has to live with the fact that my profits are lower these days Tongue ), and I bet I'm not the only one.
He does a great job, but works on stuff much of it has initially been done by djm (and before him, cbuchner, and before that cpuminer devs). So there's no real thumb rule in devving about who gets how many donations for what work.
The only thing we can do, is donate whenever we want to. This thread made me want to, so, well, that was that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 06:11:16 AM

djm - my miners will continue mining till midnight tonight ( adelaide australia time ) ...

i can see that there a 'little' donation there and hope that will suffice ... a little at least ...

ive finished another upgrade to another machine and will compile sp's latest to see if does any justice to the hashrate again ...

about 60% of the farm has now moved to 750ti oc cards and teh rest will be done in the next week ...

this means that testing can be done on a much more grand scale ...

cant wait for the release of at least the initial ccminer optimized neoscrypt miner ...

for soem reason i have always a soft spot for feathercoin ... maybe due to it being one of the very first coins ( after litecoin ) that i mined when i first started ... Smiley

looking forward and onward gents and ladies ...

tanx again ...

btw - bombadil ... another awesome dev carl ... harsh - but still an awesome dev ... Wink

#crysx

Carl Sagan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:34:27 AM

Wink Quote: "Can you point to an optimized miner for Neoscrypt right now? Hint, the algo is owned by AMD right now and if djm34 did not put the time in we still will not have one. "

ROFL Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin just look at that:

OMG, thanx for good laugh  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Last time I will reply to you but your link does not work and in the title I see fpga, this is not a fpga thread.

This is an Nvidia thread so maybe you did understand when I said an optimized miner, that was for Nvidia cards.

You have to just copy and paste Wink or just click on it.

Give us the link at what you're aiming, fool. Everyone's google results are personalized, and the first thing I get is this: https://github.com/ghostlander/cgminer-neoscrypt/blob/master/FPGA-README
Now, if you take that as FPGA proof for neoscrypt, you're an idiot. And a moron. And a st*p*d f*ck. (We're getting kinda used to it that you don't actually read.)
If you have another link as proof, JUST GIVE IT, newbie.

Also, djm has been an honest dev for ages. I have a lot of faith in him (if he'd only add the API Tongue ) and will support him wherever it's needed.If you were here since a year ago, like I am, you would've known.
You need to know your place, and it's not running around like a headless chicken, screaming about scams etc.

(/me thinks DJM is gonna open up a selfmoderated thread next time ^^" )

Btw, about sp_, I donated to that guy too, even more than I did for djm (djm has to live with the fact that my profits are lower these days Tongue ), and I bet I'm not the only one.
He does a great job, but works on stuff much of it has initially been done by djm (and before him, cbuchner, and before that cpuminer devs). So there's no real thumb rule in devving about who gets how many donations for what work.
The only thing we can do, is donate whenever we want to. This thread made me want to, so, well, that was that.

Quote :

"Now, if you take that as FPGA proof for neoscrypt, you're an idiot. And a moron. And a st*p*d f*ck."

I just clicked ignore under your name. You must be from Oklahoma or close by. Good bye.
Bombadil

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:39:26 AM

Quote :

"Now, if you take that as FPGA proof for neoscrypt, you're an idiot. And a moron. And a st*p*d f*ck."

I just clicked ignore under your name. You must be from Oklahoma or close by. Good bye.

Ooh man, I was hoping for a debate. But since I still don't see the link I want, it's probably not worth it ^^"
Anyways, guys: <3 all, as you guys know. All my tools are made for the community, because I like it how it is. But when we've got little children like this one running amok, it makes me mad.
Sorry for being harsh, but I still mean it, even after 5min cooldown, so I think he deserves it Cheesy

P.S.: I come from Wallifornia, dirty south from Belgium, woop woop! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdPOn0HmdQ Je suis le diable!
(Just Belgium is fine too ^^ )
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:42:05 AM

I don't think some of you understand what's happening here.

He sells this code, he improves the code, he either sells it again (which is what's happening right now) or he sells it to private investors. The reason AMD isn't currently competitive with Nvidia is because Wolf0 already did this. There are privately sold kernels floating around in the background that are much better then the publicly available ones. Nvidia wasn't as fast as AMD in the beginning, but with continued community improvements it became that way. This is the start of privatizing Nvidia kernels and turning it into whoever owns the fastest kernel. Basically what happened with ASICs all over again.

The whole reason your mining profits start to slide is because other miners are getting better kernels from Djm and Wolf in the background which makes your hardware obsolete because it can't compete without the kernel. They're making this market for themselves by obsoleting current kernels. There aren't new miners joining the market, if anything there is a steady stream of people leaving it, so profits should be rising (or income since it's relatively unprofitable).

Mining difficulty is all about taking bites of the same size pie. The only way to get ahead is with different hardware (which doesn't happen with GPU mining) or different kernels. Otherwise it's proportional across the board and based on how many GPUs you own. If everyone is using the same crappy kernels, the proportion stays the same. You're only playing catch up with other people that already bought this specific kernel in the background and encouraging them make this kernel obsolete as Wolf, Djm, or other will try and further develop this as they have funding to do so and then either start another fund drive or sell it in the background, probably both.

You're basically paying them to take you out back and shoot you unless they offer some form of continued support, which none of them do and slink away from if you ask about it (oh no one will pay for it or use my miner).

As someone who is looking to invest, do you actually plan to continually support your kernel after the release? Claymore actually had a product for mining Cryptonote, and he continued to support and still does even with the decline of Cryptnote. What promise do you give that you will continue to make this a proactive kernel that wont simply be swept under the rug by your latest build or someone elses making it unprofitable for the 'common' Nvidia miner?

Bombadil

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:46:30 AM

Again; this is not selling, this is a crowdfund. The moment the counter reaches 5BTC, djm will release all. So we all have the same software. Claymore has probably made more than this already.
I can't speak for djm, but I don't think he's gonna sell priv miners for neoscrypt.
Djm != wolf. Djm likes to sell his services, mostly to coin-devs who need a gpu miner. Wolf makes priv miners and sells them afterwards, only occasionally does something like DJM is used too.

I have no problems with this new kind of donation/payment/crowdfund, I actually like the idea. Makes people remember that nothing comes for free, but everything is voluntary. The liberal world we crypto'ers want, isn't it? I do think 5BTC is a bit too steep and the "waiting period" a bit too long, but that's up to djm, not to me.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 06:51:39 AM

Quote :

Ooh man, I was hoping for a debate. But since I still don't see the link I want, it's probably not worth it ^^"
Anyways, guys: <3 all, as you guys know. All my tools are made for the community, because I like it how it is. But when we've got little children like this one running amok, it makes me mad.
Sorry for being harsh, but I still mean it, even after 5min cooldown, so I think he deserves it Cheesy

P.S.: I come from Wallifornia, dirty south from Belgium, woop woop! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdPOn0HmdQ Je suis le diable!
(Just Belgium is fine too ^^ )

admittedly bomba - the words used probably will get deleted anyway - but it was hash ...

however - i have watched this community for about a year now - and its only now that i start to come out of the shadows ...

djm - you - wolf - sp - and many many others ( including cbuchner and sgminer-dev and all the others that have contributed ) ... without any of your patience and perserverance - there would be no miners - no software - no need to start mining - let alone continue ...

i sympathize with carl ... ignorance is bliss to many unfortunately and with the fact that he called djm a scammer SHOWS how little he knows about the people involved here ... and how rude he can be - due to an issue between him and djm ...

you know - people should look up the word scam - and also the word scammer ... its being used WAY too much and 99% of those using it have NO IDEA what it means ...

anyway - its NO BIG DEAL ... its not gonna stop us all wanting the software and it CERTAINLY wont stop me mining or donating for damn good software ...

keep up the huge efforts guys ...

again ... cant wait for the neoscrypt ccminer ...

djm - will you and sp merge the code to one miner - eventually? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 06:52:53 AM

Again; this is not selling, this is a crowdfund. The moment the counter reaches 5BTC, djm will release all. So we all have the same software. Claymore has probably made more than this already.
I can't speak for djm, but I don't think he's gonna sell priv miners for neoscrypt.
Djm != wolf. Djm likes to sell his services, mostly to coin-devs who need a gpu miner. Wolf makes priv miners and sells them afterwards, only occasionally does something like DJM is used too.

I have no problems with this new kind of donation/payment/crowdfund, I actually like the idea. Makes people remember that nothing comes for free, but everything is voluntary. The liberal world we crypto'ers want, isn't it? I do think 5BTC is a bit too steep and the "waiting period" a bit too long, but that's up to djm, not to me.

hear hear ... and +1 many times the btc its worth ... Wink

well said ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 06:57:22 AM

I don't think some of you understand what's happening here.

He sells this code, he improves the code, he either sells it again (which is what's happening right now) or he sells it to private investors. The reason AMD isn't currently competitive with Nvidia is because Wolf0 already did this. There are privately sold kernels floating around in the background that are much better then the publicly available ones. Nvidia wasn't as fast as AMD in the beginning, but with continued community improvements it became that way. This is the start of privatizing Nvidia kernels and turning it into whoever owns the fastest kernel. Basically what happened with ASICs all over again.

The whole reason your mining profits start to slide is because other miners are getting better kernels from Djm and Wolf in the background which makes your hardware obsolete because it can't compete without the kernel. They're making this market for themselves by obsoleting current kernels. There aren't new miners joining the market, if anything there is a steady stream of people leaving it, so profits should be rising (or income since it's relatively unprofitable).

Mining difficulty is all about taking bites of the same size pie. The only way to get ahead is with different hardware (which doesn't happen with GPU mining) or different kernels. Otherwise it's proportional across the board and based on how many GPUs you own. If everyone is using the same crappy kernels, the proportion stays the same. You're only playing catch up with other people that already bought this specific kernel in the background and encouraging them make this kernel obsolete as Wolf, Djm, or other will try and further develop this as they have funding to do so and then either start another fund drive or sell it in the background, probably both.

You're basically paying them to take you out back and shoot you unless they offer some form of continued support, which none of them do and slink away from if you ask about it (oh no one will pay for it or use my miner).

As someone who is looking to invest, do you actually plan to continually support your kernel after the release? Claymore actually had a product for mining Cryptonote, and he continued to support and still does even with the decline of Cryptnote. What promise do you give that you will continue to make this a proactive kernel that wont simply be swept under the rug by your latest build or someone elses making it unprofitable for the 'common' Nvidia miner?

and just another thing ... if the word CROWDFUND or DONATE or GIVING of your OWN FREE WILL means anything to you ... then what djm is 'doing' is nothing short of FREE WILL ...

same as what we are doing ... we have the free will to decide whether to DONATE ( check that word ) or walk away ... freedom of choice ...

when i want granitecoin recoded and redone - do you really think im going to go with the 'community' to help me do it? ... not a chance ...

the coin is FOR the community yes - but only a GOOD DEVELOPER will make the necessary changes i require for the coin ... and i will sure as hell pay for the developers services ...

FULL STOP ...

#crysx

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:08:07 AM

No I did not want to quote the post.

So should these devs work for free? I don't know for sure but I would guess they probably have not gotten 5 BTC in donations for supplying these miners.

Funny you should bring up Claymore. Of course he updates regularly. Wouldn't you when you get 5% (yes I know he drops the fee down eventually) of what is being mined by that miner. It is in his best interest to update. The faster miner's mine. The faster he gets income. And ask the Prime Coin miners how they felt about his updates once Monero became big. There are rumors floating in his threads that he made high 5 figures to low 6 figures for all his miners. And you know what, if he did good for him. He provided a product that people used.

And wolf. He has the ability to make a miner 20-50% or more faster. Why should he not be compensated for his time.

Same thing with these Nvidia devs. I have openly said I wished they could do the same but I guess prohibited from the license in the code. So djm34 is crowdfunding to make something available that is not available at this time. Should he do it for free?

If any of you go to work and do it for free then let me know. Better yet if something should be given for free, pm me and I will give you a BTC address and you can give me something for nothing. Because that is what is being said here.

Really though if anyone has issues then don't use the miners and make your own and this whole point is moot.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
bensam123

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:10:19 AM

Yup, and what's stopping him from improving it and selling it again or making sure this doesn't become obsolete immediately? Who is to say it's not already obsolete? What version of his miner does he promise to sell? There is no agreement he can't simply sell a better version and shiv you the moment this is released. You don't even know if he's giving you the best version. This may be a shitty version of his already better miner.

That's the problem with these unprofessional and backwater deals. Nothing here is transparent, you're just giving him BTC for whatever he's willing to throw on the floor.

I don't have any problems paying for a service either. I used Claymore miner for quite awhile and I didn't mind paying the fee on it. The problem is these aren't 'services', you're basically donating and he'll give you whatever he wants. That's really the biggest problem with GPU mining right now are these trade you once, shiv you later private kernels that you may or may not even know exist. Claymore was a actual product I could look at, choose to use, and see continued improvement of.

There is no continued support or no constant effort put forth by the developer to keep this competitive with the market, other private kernels, or even his own kernels.

Once again this is not about paying devs for their time! It's about them not making a professional product and deciding to fuck you over every which way of sunday whenever they feel like it. Wolf0 said in another thread he doesn't even want to sell his kernels to people with less then 50 miners because he doesn't want to deal with them - even if they have the money. How is this remotely professional or even transparent enough that the community can even see it?

They don't want to make a thread or storefront of any shape or size because then it actually turns into a market (in addition to them having to put actual effort in). They then need to compete and actually try and of course attract other developers who will see this market and start developing as well. Competition. For how much they rant and rave about capitalism and getting paid for their work, they really don't like actually having to work and don't like the other less savy parts of capitalism, a open competitive market.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 07:17:15 AM

Yup, and what's stopping him from improving it and selling it again or making sure this doesn't become obsolete immediately? Who is to say it's not already obsolete? What version of his miner does he promise to sell? There is no agreement he can't simply sell a better version and shiv you the moment this is released. You don't even know if he's giving you the best version. This may be a shitty version of his already better miner.

That's the problem with these unprofessional and backwater deals. Nothing here is transparent, you're just giving him BTC for whatever he's willing to throw on the floor.

I don't have any problems paying for a service either. I used Claymore miner for quite awhile and I didn't mind paying the fee on it. The problem is these aren't 'services', you're basically donating and he'll give you whatever he wants. That's really the biggest problem with GPU mining right now are these trade you once, shiv you later private kernels that you may or may not even know exist. Claymore was a actual product I could look at, choose to use, and see continued improvement of.

There is no continued support or no constant effort put forth by the developer to keep this competitive with the market, other private kernels, or even his own kernels.

Once again this is not about paying devs for their time! It's about them not making a professional product and deciding to fuck you over every which way of sunday whenever they feel like it. Wolf0 said in another thread he doesn't even want to sell his kernels to people with less then 50 miners because he doesn't want to deal with them - even if they have the money. How is this remotely professional or even transparent enough that the community can even see it?

how? because he is NOT SELLING the miner ... he is selling his HARD WORK that he put into the optimizations of the miner ... SHEESH!

and we are NOT talking about a one off dev that has his head up his backside ... this djm ... respected ... unlike some of the rabble thats here and there in these forums ...

here is an idea ... the sourcecode is FREE ... go download it and do a better job and stop hassling people ...

hmmm ... nice idea that ...

#crysx

bensam123

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:20:38 AM

Dude, because you don't know what he's selling you. There is no proof that he's selling you the best version of his miner. There is no proof that he's not selling you a widdled down version of his miner. There is nothing saying he wont continue to improve this miner and sell it again. There is nothing saying someone else wont simply say they have a better (or him on a alt account) after this is done and ask for more money.

Read my whole post in it's entirety before you reply. I definitely didn't say he wasn't selling the kernel. I'm sure he will and would, that's not all there is to it though. I also never said I wanted anything for free and would encourage both Djm and Wolf0 to open a thread detailing their wares or a actual storefront which we could buy from - but they aren't going to do that, because then they need to compete, and then they need to continue supporting their products in addition to improving them, you also then know what's available on the market.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 07:26:39 AM

Dude, because you don't know what he's selling you. There is no proof that he's selling you the best version of his miner. There is no proof that he's not selling you a widdled down version of his miner. There is nothing saying he wont continue to improve this miner and sell it again. There is nothing saying someone else wont simply say they have a better (or him on a alt account) after this is done and ask for more money.

Read my whole post in it's entirety before you reply. I definitely didn't say he wasn't selling the kernel. I'm sure he will and would, that's not all there is to it though. I also never said I wanted anything for free and would encourage both Djm and Wolf0 to open a thread detailing their wares or a actual storefront which we could buy from - but they aren't going to do that, because then they need to compete, and then they need to continue supporting their products in addition to improving them, you also then know what's available on the market.

i agree ... there is NOTHING that stops him or any other doing that ...

but thats the difference between BUYING the miner and DONATING to something that YOU believe is going to be a product that you are going to use ...

i understand your point - i just dont agree with it ...

its OUR choice whether we want to DONATE or walk away ... im donating ... and if i get screwed in the process - then its MY decision and you can come back and taunt ...

until then - i am dreaming of a neoscrypt miner that is better than the neoscrypt miners i have running at the moment ... its a dream - but its MINE ... and im willing to DONATE for it ...

this means i run the risk of losing the money that i WANTED to throw away in the first place ... u know - DONATION ....

now off to build more of my farm ... i have some 750ti cards that need to get going ... and working tanx to the devs that made the mining optimizations possibly for x11 in the first place ... Wink

hehehe ...

#crysx

bensam123

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:02:35 AM

So now you're playing semantics with the word donation and buying?

I'd say the majority of the people in this thread see 'donating' as crowd funding this product, not pissing away their money to hopes and dreams of someone who doesn't care that much about them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying for something, but I see something like this as another scam. He could very well be giving you guys a half hash rate miner and selling one that hashes twice as fast to his big clientele, which will make this miner obsolete in like a month as all the AMD miners with a inferior hashrate and power draw are pushed off the market and all you're left facing off against are the other 'big' Nvidia miners with double the hashrate of you... which you can't compete with.

Djm said he didn't want to do a miner with a fee because people would tear the code out of it. There are a lot of ways to crowd fund something. He could release this, along with a 2% miner and says when he reaches the next X donation amount (based off income from the miner), he'll release a updated version.

People can do things like a % miner and it does work, that's true crowd funding there and it's not the dick it to the small guy way of doing things Wolf0 is doing. Anyone can help participate no matter how big or small.

But people seem to think once this is released, that's where development will end and this will be a good kernel/miner till the end of time. That's not the way it works. There are no guarantees, no promises, you don't even know what he has going on in the background or what he's planning to do. Shops like LTCgear have went under and they look pretty reputable. There is no shop or storefront, just a forum thread that says 'gimmie BTC and I give you this miner at this speed kthxbai'.

You can directly compare what's happening right now with x11(and variants) to what Claymore did with his miner and see how different it is. This isn't remotely professional.
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:37:25 AM

djm34 will opensource his work if the bounty is met. Me and Klaust and probobly others will try to optimize it further as we have done with the other algos. Lyra has been optimized 12% in the ccminer sp-mod, from the inital version. We are working hard to give you more hash, and to make the game fair. Donate some beers, and get more hash Smiley

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 09:03:42 AM

So now you're playing semantics with the word donation and buying?

I'd say the majority of the people in this thread see 'donating' as crowd funding this product, not pissing away their money to hopes and dreams of someone who doesn't care that much about them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying for something, but I see something like this as another scam. He could very well be giving you guys a half hash rate miner and selling one that hashes twice as fast to his big clientele, which will make this miner obsolete in like a month as all the AMD miners with a inferior hashrate and power draw are pushed off the market and all you're left facing off against are the other 'big' Nvidia miners with double the hashrate of you... which you can't compete with.

Djm said he didn't want to do a miner with a fee because people would tear the code out of it. There are a lot of ways to crowd fund something. He could release this, along with a 2% miner and says when he reaches the next X donation amount (based off income from the miner), he'll release a updated version.

People can do things like a % miner and it does work, that's true crowd funding there and it's not the dick it to the small guy way of doing things Wolf0 is doing. Anyone can help participate no matter how big or small.

But people seem to think once this is released, that's where development will end and this will be a good kernel/miner till the end of time. That's not the way it works. There are no guarantees, no promises, you don't even know what he has going on in the background or what he's planning to do. Shops like LTCgear have went under and they look pretty reputable. There is no shop or storefront, just a forum thread that says 'gimmie BTC and I give you this miner at this speed kthxbai'.

You can directly compare what's happening right now with x11(and variants) to what Claymore did with his miner and see how different it is. This isn't remotely professional.

agreed - this is not remotely professional at all ...

that is not the issue - the issue is - who cares? ...

obviously you do - and i appreciate that you seem to be one of the ones that want to 'look out' for the community at large ...

but guess what? ... its an individual thing ... coz i dont care that i 'lost' 24 hours of mining to a dev that ripped me off ...

hang on - djm HASNT ripped me off - nor anyone else for that matter ... in fact - it was djm and others that have increased shasrates and improved the miners we are using in the first place ...

so semantics? ... i hardly think so ... buying is buying - selling is selling - donating is donating ... they are ALL different - they are ALL our choice ...

if it were simply a matter of 'playing with semantics' - then we would ALL be in a bigger mess than what this world is already in ... especially politics ... no semantics there ... each word MEANS what it means ... simple ...

difference is ( and i will totally agree with you on this ) is that it is moderated and there are consequences in politics / finace / economy ... there are no such things here ...

so its up to the individual ... if i were to commission djm ( or any of the devs for that matter ) to 'privately' design ME an optimized miner - then i would pay him for it and NO ON Ewould have it bar djm and myself and those that 'we' allow to have the optimizations ... the miner is free - people can go about their business with that - but MY product is not ... and it would be MY choice to either give it out - or not ...

but as it stands - i have not commissioned djm or any other dev ... all he has done is put a proposal forward and i am one of the many that have agreed to DONATE ( yes - that word again ) my money to him ... knowing full well that he could just drop this project and run with the money ...

i trust he wont - and i also trust that if there were a more optimized version than the release he 'may' give to us that donate - then that optimized version is HIS to do as he pleases anyway ...

i hope that is not the case - but it is a valid point you raise ...

its a matter of trust ... and if you dont trust - dont pledge - dont donate - dont bother ... just wait till it all comes out in the wash ...

btw - as for the upkeep of the kernel / miner ... there is NOTHING binding any of these devs to continue support OR maintain and improve the optimizations ... if we all wanted that - we should contract them and bind them by law to follow through with such things ... which means they NEED to be PAID for such output ...

im from a corporate background dealing with such things - and i can tell you the shit slinging that happens when you get involved with such things ...

5btc as a crowd fund or donation? ... hell - i have seen people trying to kill each other over contracts that dont mean crap ...

i like this free enterprise 'stuff' ... because if you dont like what you see - you dont invest NOR pledge NOR donate ...

so agreed in some - but way off agreement on most of the comparisons that you make also ...

just finished building one machine - 5x 750 ti oc ... now on to the next ...

tanx for the banter bensam ... hehehe ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 09:05:33 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 11:42:17 AM by chrysophylax

djm34 will opensource his work if the bounty is met. Me and Klaust and probobly others will try to optimize it further as we have done with the other algos. Lyra has been optimized 12% in the ccminer sp-mod, from the inital version. We are working hard to give you more hash, and to make the game fair. Donate some beers, and get more hash Smiley

more mining and donation coming sp ...

your latest version of ccminer is running SMOOTH Smiley ...

#crysx

Carl Sagan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:30:06 AM

Hey genius,

Quote:
"Now, if there isn't enough people who donates, the miner will be only given to those who have pledged. "

I did pledge. Nothing was given. Period.

genius - why tanx Smiley ... hehehe ...

the PLEDGE is just that ... a pledge ... what djm does with HIS work and HIS money is HIS decision ...

these devs spend a great deal of time to do the work that they do carl ... optimizations and development take a lot of time and effort ...

if you have issues with it - leave the project - and pick up the miner when it gets to the public arena ...

you make it out as if you BOUGHT something here ... you didnt! ...

pledge - donation ... you know - all those words ...

even if djm gives 'his work' ( not so much the miner itself as its all open source anyway ) to ONE person - who is to say that person wont give it to another or another ... or make it publicly available - like one of wolf's binaries ... its unfair and i understand that he is protecting at least 'some' time for his work ...

its a small amount of money to be donating to a dev that actually HAS already contributed to the development prior to all this ...

i believe that its deservant ... and if he doesnt want to hand out the miner / code / his work ... then he doesnt have to. Yes he does.

now thats genius ... my ass

#crysx
Quote:
"you make it out as if you BOUGHT something here ... you didnt! ..."

You are right kid. I just lost my money to the scammer.
for info, I sent him a pm to tell him that I would give him his donation back before he start trolling here (because I don't deal with moron)
that he had to just to send me his btc address, which he never sent actually.  Grin
So basically, he just bought free trolling... yeah well be my guest...

Ehem, You have the address... Where is the money?

To remind you: 17Y4dms9eqXpyX89osnevce6D5q9BwW2ad
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 11:42:24 AM

Hey genius,

Quote:
"Now, if there isn't enough people who donates, the miner will be only given to those who have pledged. "

I did pledge. Nothing was given. Period.

genius - why tanx Smiley ... hehehe ...

the PLEDGE is just that ... a pledge ... what djm does with HIS work and HIS money is HIS decision ...

these devs spend a great deal of time to do the work that they do carl ... optimizations and development take a lot of time and effort ...

if you have issues with it - leave the project - and pick up the miner when it gets to the public arena ...

you make it out as if you BOUGHT something here ... you didnt! ...

pledge - donation ... you know - all those words ...

even if djm gives 'his work' ( not so much the miner itself as its all open source anyway ) to ONE person - who is to say that person wont give it to another or another ... or make it publicly available - like one of wolf's binaries ... its unfair and i understand that he is protecting at least 'some' time for his work ...

its a small amount of money to be donating to a dev that actually HAS already contributed to the development prior to all this ...

i believe that its deservant ... and if he doesnt want to hand out the miner / code / his work ... then he doesnt have to. Yes he does.

now thats genius ... my ass

#crysx
Quote:
"you make it out as if you BOUGHT something here ... you didnt! ..."

You are right kid. I just lost my money to the scammer.
for info, I sent him a pm to tell him that I would give him his donation back before he start trolling here (because I don't deal with moron)
that he had to just to send me his btc address, which he never sent actually.  Grin
So basically, he just bought free trolling... yeah well be my guest...

Ehem, You have the address... Where is the money?

To remind you: 17Y4dms9eqXpyX89osnevce6D5q9BwW2ad
you'll get it, minus a trolling fee (because while I was sleeping, you clearly tried to derail the thread ) Grin

and for info ltcgear current state is closer to a collapsed ponzi than anything else as they didn't pay anything since a month (I know I have ltcgear shares...  Roll Eyes ) so right now there are no fpga for neoscrypt...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: