Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Securitycoin [SCSY] | Bittrex and IRC in Wallet | Ccex | Community | VPOS  (Read 75144 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:45:29 AM

me to this past 3 days cant sync or stake ;(
@AllCryptoAllDay has tried to help but it doesnt work for me.
try redownload the blockchain!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kamronk

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 05:10:02 PM

For all wallet sync issues:

We have been dealing with DDOS attacks on our primary node servers. To counteract this, we are looking into setting up some node clusters behind cloudflare protection (and any other DDOS protection we come across, looking for ideas if anyone has some)

Until that point though, there will be syncing issues.

To troubleshoot these issues, first try restarting your wallet. This will reset any stale connections the wallet may have made to a server that has recently gone down from an attack.

If that doesn't work, try adding the addnodes to the conf specified above by gjhigginis (thank you btw) and restart your wallet.

If that doesn't work, step away for 15m and come back to it after letting it run for that time frame. The wallet may need a few minutes to establish connections to the network.

When all of those steps have failed, please join our slack for immediate attention and correspondence. Post your email address here in the thread, in a PM to me or any SCSY dev account, or email me at kam@scsycoin.com IF you need immediate assistance

If the steps above do not work, there is another advanced procedure you can do to re-download the blockchain from the network. This has proven to help some sync issues that weren't able to be fixed by anything else BUT you should back up your wallet first. Which ever method you use to back it up, do it before proceeding with this procedure.

To do this, on a windows computer, you need to be able to see hidden files/directories on your machine. Follow the link below to see how to do this: (If you already are able to do this, skip this step)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

After you are able to see the hidden files/folders of your windows machine, open windows explorer (not internet explorer) and navigate to your AppData directory (C:/Users/whateverYourUserNameIs/AppData/Roaming/securitycoin/)

Once there, you will see a bunch of files and folders, one of which being your 'wallet.dat' files (super, super important) and your 'securitycoin.conf' file (kinda important, mostly to our advanced users).

To redownload the blockchain, you want to delete everything in this AppData directoryEXCEPT THE 'wallet.dat' AND THE 'securitycoin.conf' FILES

Once the files and folders are deleted, restart your wallet. Should be good and start syncing.

Sorry again for the issues everybody, we're on the case and discussing solutions to these issues.

I don't know how to be more clear about that lol as you will lose your coins if you do delete it.

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:29:01 PM

This is an f*cking disaster.. How do u even release sh*t like this..

Go learn how to code!

This issue happens quite often with altcoins QT wallet.     

Back up wallet.dat. 
Delete Securitycoin folder, then folder in /AppData/Roaming/securitycoin. 
Re-install and drop wallet.dat back into /AppData/Roaming/securitycoin. 
Let blockchain re-sync for a hour or two (depending on connection). 

I just re-did this last night. 
AllCryptoAllDay

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 06:47:14 PM

Unable to sync wallet or stake since Jan 31st. None of the solutions posted here helped.

So we got a coin that rewards you for holding it as long as possible

... and a wallet that does not work, not can process transactions.

Seems like a someone really does not want us sending or selling coins...

I had some small issues as well.

The easiest way to fix the problem for me and to not have to wait for the chain to re load was this.

Take the wallet.dat file out of your securitycoin folder and place it somewhere else like your desktop.

Erase all files in your securitycoin roaming folder.

Start the wallet so it creates a new empty wallet.dat file and let it sync with no transactions.

Then when the chain is fully synced copy and paste your original wallet.dat file into your securitycoin folder.

Re open wallet and it will be synced. If you see any coin discrepencies in the wallet when you reopen then go to your debug window and type repairwallet.

Everything will be synced and this should take about an hour to do including time waiting for the chain to sync.

Thanks

coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:51:03 PM

done the above earlier and worked fine, staking away now. just make sure you save wallet.dat, very important.
and thanks to graham and allcryptoallday for trying to help me in PMs earlier  Smiley
goodluck.
coinfello
Legendary

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:54:15 PM

also guys, ive noticed alot of accumulation this past week. could be something brewing  Smiley
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:41:08 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 08:51:12 PM by Poly#Crypto

Okay... now it works.  Cheesy

For linux:

The config file Securitycoin-1.4-Full-Release.conf in /home/polycrypto/.config/Securitycoin does not need to be modified.

1. Backup wallet.dat ( /home/user/.securitycoin )
2. Delete the folder .securitycoin
3. Compile the wallet again. #¹
4. Start the wallet, a new folder .securitycoin with a new wallet.dat will be created and the sync should work now.
5. If synchronization is complete close the wallet and overwrite the wallet.dat in the folder .securitycoin with the backup wallet.dat.
6. Start the wallet again.
7. In most cases the indicated number of coins ( Spendable, Stake, Unconfirmed, Total ) are incorrect. Then you open help/ debug window/ console, type repairwallet and press enter.

Done. Now everything should be correct.

#¹ It should also work without compile, but I had a lot of time on the last night to clean up, to sync etc.

kamronk

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 08:59:31 PM

Okay... now it works.  Cheesy

For linux:

The config file Securitycoin-1.4-Full-Release.conf in /home/polycrypto/.config/Securitycoin does not need to be modified.

1. Backup wallet.dat ( /home/user/.securitycoin )
2. Delete the folder .securitycoin
3. Compile the wallet again. #¹
4. Start the wallet, a new folder .securitycoin with a new wallet.dat will be created and the sync should work now.
5. If synchronization is complete close the wallet and overwrite the wallet.dat in the folder .securitycoin with the backup wallet.dat.
6. Start the wallet again.
7. In most cases the indicated number of coins ( Spendable, Stake, Unconfirmed, Total ) are incorrect. Then you open help/ debug window/ console, type repairwallet and press enter.

Done. Now everything should be correct.

#¹ It should also work without compile, but I had a lot of time on the last night to clean up, to sync etc.

Thank you for this, I'm helpless to our linux users :/ and sciak is overworked lol

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
politzer

Activity: 492

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:43:20 PM

What's going on? Why people are dumping?

Bean Cash: 2STLLsAj2yujtffCE9oYUQwfELjhtgia22
AllCryptoAllDay

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 10:56:47 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 11:12:21 PM by AllCryptoAllDay

We just launched http://scsycoin.com/buy-securitycoin

People are using it as a method to get BTC I am sure buying SCSY with CC and dumping for btc since its the quickest way.

We are working out the kinks but it is not some random occurrence and we are quite aware as to why the price dropped.

We actually had an overwhelming response to the buy scsy so far and we werent prepared for the amount of orders...

Now we have funded the buy account with 5 btc to cover the orders that come in and will be stabilizing the price quite soon once we figure out the proper buy path.

Thanks

EDIT : I would suggest putting some buy orders up you will get cheap scsy before we work out the buy process fully Wink

coinfello
Legendary

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:37:47 AM

People are using it as a method to get BTC I am sure buying SCSY with CC and dumping for btc since its the quickest way.

We are working out the kinks but it is not some random occurrence and we are quite aware as to why the price dropped.

We actually had an overwhelming response to the buy scsy so far and we werent prepared for the amount of orders...

Now we have funded the buy account with 5 btc to cover the orders that come in and will be stabilizing the price quite soon once we figure out the proper buy path.

Thanks

EDIT : I would suggest putting some buy orders up you will get cheap scsy before we work out the buy process fully Wink

this is good, if the buy support stacks up as people buy scsy with cc then it can go to a good price eventually.
AllCryptoAllDay

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 12:40:39 AM

Thanks

this is good, if the buy support stacks up as people buy scsy with cc then it can go to a good price eventually.

We had to take down the page to replenish our btc amount that ran out before we really open the buy-securitycoin  page as we cannot keep up with the orders.

Completely a good thing so far Wink

longthu

Activity: 728

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 05:08:43 AM

Thanks

We had to take down the page to replenish our btc amount that ran out before we really open the buy-securitycoin  page as we cannot keep up with the orders.

dev  web page not found

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:48:46 AM

Thanks

dev  web page not found

read the bolded part
coinfello
Legendary

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:42:17 AM

im getting that feeling that scsy can rise hard. maybe im wrong. who knows
longthu

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 10:39:13 AM

im getting that feeling that scsy can rise hard. maybe im wrong. who knows
I also think there are many coins you but also very good dev team, investors are willing to invest heavily in but suddenly they lost Grin Grin Grin

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
s0nix

Activity: 784
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:40:21 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 12:32:44 PM by s0nix

Roll Eyes It worked one day, now I have the same problem. No sync.

@sciak
I followed the instructions of @AllCryptoAllDay and @Poly#Crypto. My OS is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
When I compile the wallet from GitHub, the seeds are implemented? Is there a way to bypass this nodes? Perhaps in the config?
My gut tells me it only works properly if your servers are running correctly. But I'm not a programmer or coder, only a user...

longthu

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 01:11:39 PM

13 btc on bittrex Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
coinfello
Legendary

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:11:29 PM

needs buy support or its going down sadly. where is buy support from cc purchases?
AllCryptoAllDay

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 03:58:43 PM

needs buy support or its going down sadly. where is buy support from cc purchases?

As stated we had about 10 btc on hand to hedge the buys however we did more business than that in less than 24 hours. We are sourcing backers to cover the demand hence why we shut down the buy securitycoin page for now until we have a substantial btc holding. All we can say is this. This option blew up in under 24 hours of being live which means we really have something here we just weren't prepared for the amazing response. So we will relaunch the option when we have the btc to back it up. We also have a waiting process from our pg which is 7 days we are working on streamlining that as well so we don't have to worry about backers as much.

So in summary this is a success and we need to iron out the details before going live again to gain stability in our automated process When it comes to market price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: