Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:11:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign to BOYCOTT BITCOIN!  (Read 9567 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:50:28 PM

Bitcoin is inferior coin. No real developement. Very slow.

Only thing it has is that crazy cult in denial of reality around it.  
It's the only coin with real VC investment and support.

No other coin has the backing, development, investment, and interest of Bitcoin.

Not Litecoin, not Paycoin, not NXT, not Ripple, not Darkcoin, not Stellar, not Counterparty, not [insert any alt coin here]...

bitcoin the only coin with real venture capital and support? wtf? what have VCs taken over the btc foundation? you do know ripple is like entirely VC?
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:33:28 AM

No other coin has the backing, development, investment, and interest of Bitcoin.

Not Litecoin, not Paycoin, not NXT, not Ripple, not Darkcoin, not Stellar, not Counterparty, not [insert any alt coin here]...

bitcoin the only coin with real venture capital and support? wtf? what have VCs taken over the btc foundation? you do know ripple is like entirely VC?

of course VC took over Btc foundation and many big exchanges. BTC belongs to them.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:28:22 AM

Ironically i buy BTC to buy alts! lol
Not that i consider NXT an alt as such thats pretty much where all money is at present...

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:29:35 AM

Long live the forums. If you don't like it, leave. Join the rotting community of alternative solutions.

i think this thread was moved by mods here. It was originally in altcoins. So your argument is invalid as always.

Anillos2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:09:58 PM

- Bitcoin is wasteful. The high inflation leads to a too large and centralised mining industry consuming huge amounts of electricity and money.
This has been discussed thousands of times.

Bitcoin only needs processing power, if someone can have a equipment with less power consumption the bitcoins processed will have less electricity used.

Also, You can use solar or wind power.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 12:17:29 PM

i think this thread was moved by mods here. It was originally in altcoins. So your argument is invalid as always.
Incorrect. Where the thread was originally is irrelevant, where it is now, is what matters.

I would like to tell me more about BTC decentralization and how you comment that 5-6 people like Roger Ver, Micky Malka, Erik Voorhees own 90% from BTC Smiley

http://www.infowars.com/bitcoin-elites-plan-secret-bilderberg-style-confab/
You do realize that, IF that was the case, you couldn't do anything about it. No altcoin will save you from that. If any coin grows big enough to attract such people, they can just redirect some of their money into that coin. The same thing would happen again, right?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:24:41 PM

- Bitcoin is wasteful. The high inflation leads to a too large and centralised mining industry consuming huge amounts of electricity and money.
This has been discussed thousands of times.

Bitcoin only needs processing power, if someone can have a equipment with less power consumption the bitcoins processed will have less electricity used.

Also, You can use solar or wind power.

right now power consumption is about 1.5 full scale nuclear powerplants
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

"Boycott Bitcoin" sounds like a bankster troll thread. I've seen many of those in the past four years.
There is only one secure network, the Bitcoin network, and many experiments.
If people think they can do better than the Bitcoin protocol, then they can build a sidechain..
Altcoins that are heavily promoted are making false promises of security and/or decentralization and/or anonymity.

Actually you are incorrect, Litecoin and also Dogecoin are very secure networks. Not sure if you purposely left those out or merely forgot about them.
Do I stand corrected ?
the Bitcoin network secures 50 times more value than the Lite coin network: how would we know if Litecoin is as well tested as Bitcoin from a security stand point ?

The hashrate of the Bitcoin network is 300 000 times superior to the hashrate of the Litecoin network.
An attacker needs to rent this computing power for 20 minutes to reverse two blocks while it takes only 5 minutes on the Litecoin network.
In short the protection offered by the Bitcoin network against malicious reversal of a transaction is vastly superior by several orders of magnitude.
The numbers are even worse for dogecoin.

Simply bear in mind that email has not taken off with every corporation crafting its own version of SMTP.

you make alot of assumptions there, so you think higher hashrate = greater security?

well it can in some context, like a single idiot trying with their own or rented equip (and all 3 mentioned network hash is strong enough for that to be pointless) but if someone wanted to go to the effort of an proper attack and plan a decent course of action hashrate after a point would make little difference.

You mean, 300 000 times more computing power has no impact on the cost of the attack Huh
50 times more value in circulation has no impact on the potential gain of the attack ??

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 03:13:28 PM

Yes, you heard it right.

Ripple has a total of only (sounds ridiculous) of about $100 million invested in it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital/2015/01/26/digital-payments-company-ripple-labs-finalizing-30-million-funding-round/

Coinbase, one meager Bitcoin company out of hundreds(thousands?), had $75 million in one funding round.

Bitcoin as a whole, has hundreds of millions of investment money in a myriad of companies and startups.  Probably closing towards a billion at this point.

So like I said, Ripple is shit.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:17:12 AM

So like I said, Ripple is shit.
It always has been and always will be.

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:24:17 AM

Bitcoin is inferior coin?  To what other crypto?  What kind of hashish are you smoking?

Bitcoin is the only coin with real development.  It's the only coin with real VC investment and support.

I tend to disagree, while there are plenty of solid devs, its still a dinosaur, if BTC had been built with more foresight, things may have been better.

There is already the problem of the blockchain getting seriously bloated with BTC, and now talk about increasing block size to 20MB, not to mention the ridiculous amount of computing power being consumed to perform such a simple task. The amount of electricity these ASIC farms use is a joke.

Out of any "alts" the only real one that stands out for me is NXT and perhaps also NEM also if you consider these alts, we will wait and see.

Im not saying to Boycott bitcoin, im not even suggesting that BTC will drop down in marketcap, but what i am saying is there is plenty of room for other cryptos and there are other ones that serve a useful purpose that can do things better than BTC.
Bitcoin will always be around, but dont be surprised if you see "NXT accepted here on shop windows in the not too distant future"

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 04:14:46 AM

So what's the word on the boycott, have you all started it yet?

NBC claimed that Ransomware virus scammers are asking for payments in Bitcoin (which is actually an error), which should help your cause!

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:14:04 AM

NBC claimed that Ransomware virus scammers are asking for payments in Bitcoin (which is actually an error)

They are, ive witnessed it myself.
I work in IT and have seen it first hand, the addresses used have been well published also.

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:26:03 PM

This is FUD. How can you say that? I doubt it. You give no proof or argument.

What is unsecure about the LiteCoin network?
What is unsecure about the Monero network?
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:30:22 PM

Bitcoin is the only coin with real development.  It's the only coin with real VC investment and support.
That is plain wrong! Multiple DogeCoin projects have huge (>500.000$) VC investments.

====> every altcoin can get them
====> GTFO with this lame fake argument
Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

You should know the shit these bitcoin bagholders cough up in every corner of the forum.

Bitcoin is a shitcoin, but bagholders of it need to be in denial of the fact of course  (afterall they are still looking for the greater fool to sell to before these coins become worthless)
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:08:59 PM

You should know the shit these bitcoin bagholders cough up in every corner of the forum.

Bitcoin is a shitcoin, but bagholders of it need to be in denial of the fact of course  (afterall they are still looking for the greater fool to sell to before these coins become worthless)

I agree!
I have never spent much time in here, but im quite surprised to read all the crap im finding here!

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 09:19:09 PM

I am not going to boycott bitcoins as it has been a reliable source till date and I have had no issues with the value in holds in market except that it's price keeps fluctuating. Altcoins are as well reliable but I don't know much of their usage. Need to read more about the latter.

fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:26:42 PM

Count me in! Someone has to stop this ponzi madness!

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 10:16:23 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 11:03:43 PM by LaudaM

Count me in! Someone has to stop this ponzi madness!
So if someone makes a 'scam' operation with gold; gold is also a ponzi?
Sure thing.

That has nothing to do with Bitcoin. Those investors probably deserved it. There are no insane returns like that in the real world.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: