Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:54:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies  (Read 563998 times)
alexinv

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:45:52 PM

yeah, there isn't any mention about this coin  Cool
Shooriko

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:51:02 PM

I think what Lomo is focusing on is creating a game-like experience. Which is really cool and exactly what I have been pitching to GeoCoin ever since I started following this coin. I feel that coins should not just be dropped by people, but new coins should be generated, at reduced value or fractional amounts. This way, people can continue to hunt for coins, instead of anticipating for someone to drop them. I also feel, with dropping coins, there could be a serious danger. For example, if there is a kidnapper dropping a bunch of coins in a remote location, they could wait for someone to bite and who knows what they would do. Just like Pokémon Go, they made the system decide where the Pokémon would appear, instead of people just randomly placing them throughout the world. I like the interaction, though it could be improved, especially if coins are generated and incentivized, but not overly incentivized to the point where people stop investing. I thought I would just get that off my chest.
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:06:08 PM

Are you an investor in Geo but not Lomo?

I'm just trying to understand your seeming favorability towards this GeoCoin.

Here's the thing that I am concerned about.  GeoCoin codebasse has not been touched for 3 years:
https://github.com/onetimer/onetimer

LoMoCoin was last updated about a week ago, and currently is in active development. 

Why should LomoCoin reach out to a developer who doesn't appear to care about their project?  It seems GeoCoin is dead and only getting pumped for a cash grab.  But I hope you can prove me wrong.  I don't see the OP posting much in this thread as of late?

I bought geo when I found out about it, a while back. I only found out about Lomo a few days ago and bought a small amount too.

Geo has had active public comments by the devs for some time, as well as at least one person who is publicly identifiable and has stated they are associated with the coin and believe it to be genuine.

Your posts are very pumpy and reek of something not quite right. I'm looking at Lomocoin, trying to get info, thoroughly interested in finding out if things are right, but you seem intent on avoiding facts and trying to pressure people into trusting.

I do not speak for either side, and have what most people would call a fairly small amount invested, but do have some investment in both coins. I agree that there are problems with geocoin, and I have not hesitated to point out those problems when I see them. When I raise issues about geocoin, as I have in the past using several id's according to what passwords I remember etc, geocoin has more or less answered the questions, even if not 100%. Lomocoin has not done that as yet, but I am still open to supporting that coin if the devs make any honest effort aside from publicity aimed at getting more money from another ico.
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:31:21 PM

Here's the thing that I am concerned about.  GeoCoin codebasse has not been touched for 3 years:

LoMoCoin was last updated about a week ago, and currently is in active development. 

Why should LomoCoin reach out to a developer who doesn't appear to care about their project?  It seems GeoCoin is dead and only getting pumped for a cash grab.  But I hope you can prove me wrong.  I don't see the OP posting much in this thread as of late?

I bought geo when I found out about it, a while back. I only found out about Lomo a few days ago and bought a small amount too.

Geo has had active public comments by the devs for some time, as well as at least one person who is publicly identifiable and has stated they are associated with the coin and believe it to be genuine.

Your posts are very pumpy and reek of something not quite right. I'm looking at Lomocoin, trying to get info, thoroughly interested in finding out if things are right, but you seem intent on avoiding facts and trying to pressure people into trusting.

I do not speak for either side, and have what most people would call a fairly small amount invested, but do have some investment in both coins. I agree that there are problems with geocoin, and I have not hesitated to point out those problems when I see them. When I raise issues about geocoin, as I have in the past using several id's according to what passwords I remember etc, geocoin has more or less answered the questions, even if not 100%. Lomocoin has not done that as yet, but I am still open to supporting that coin if the devs make any honest effort aside from publicity aimed at getting more money from another ico.

I apologize if my comments sound pumpy.  I don't intend to sound that way.  I just tend to invest based on code activity more than anything else.  And just as a hint, that tends to be the reason for true rise in coins - just check github and you'll know what coin will go up next. 

I am simply trying to help where I think there is misinformation or lack of information due to the language barrier.  I am very neutral in terms of coins in general, though I understand sometimes my comments may not appear to be.  I enjoy providing insights and analysis.  Nothing I have stated in that thread was false or exaggeration. 

I just prefer to follow actions rather than words.  Actions show that LomoCoin code is actively being developed, but GeoCoin is not in the past 3 years.  Nonetheless, I wish you the best of fortunes in your investments regardless.

Not sure where you are getting that GEO hasnt developed anything in three years. You need to do your research.
Shooriko

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

I apologize if my comments sound pumpy.  I don't intend to sound that way.  I just tend to invest based on code activity more than anything else.  And just as a hint, that tends to be the reason for true rise in coins - just check github and you'll know what coin will go up next. 

I am simply trying to help where I think there is misinformation or lack of information due to the language barrier.  I am very neutral in terms of coins in general, though I understand sometimes my comments may not appear to be.  I enjoy providing insights and analysis.  Nothing I have stated in that thread was false or exaggeration. 

I just prefer to follow actions rather than words.  Actions show that LomoCoin code is actively being developed, but GeoCoin is not in the past 3 years.  Nonetheless, I wish you the best of fortunes in your investments regardless.

Not sure where you are getting that GEO hasnt developed anything in three years. You need to do your research.

Yes, GeoCoin has developed even very recently, their website. The website was not working for a while, but now it is up. The GeoCatching phone app is in beta testing right now and should be releasing as soon as it is finished. No word from the development team as to when, however. Once the app is out, they figure out where they want to take the coin and how it will work, then the coin should see a significant increase. And even then, it could still be a work in progress where there may be continuous improvements. We have made plenty of suggestions to the development team, now it is up to them as to where they want to take this project. Hopefully it will be to Mars.
chocobo

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:49:16 PM

How's this for research?

OP listed this as the project source code:

There's only ever been 1 single commit, 3 years ago, roughly at the time of this thread being posted.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I do not mean to spread wrong information, but I am curious where the development has happened that you say is ongoing.  Do you have proof of these code updates?

That is the github for the open source blockchain yes. But the development isnt being done on the blockchain, its mostly on the geocaching application. The application and the website are not open source. When you research a simple obvious step is to look at the post histories of the devs, check the twitter etc. Even if you went to the geocoin.cash website you would see that development has clearly been ongoing.
kringkramfg

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:52:19 PM

If you read the thread there are many updates, pictures, videos and progress reports. It is nowhere near dead. When a new block explorer was needed it was fixed within one day.  Obviously the development isn't blazing fast either and the poloniex delisting was a huge blow, hence why it isn't worth more than what it is(2-3m marketcap). But I don't believe that 2-3m is anywhere near overvalued for this coin. Criticising the coin is fine but I think it's poor form of you to shill another coin so blatantly.
kringkramfg

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:53:27 PM

So basically what you are saying is you have no proof, and you are just trusting they follow through.  Good luck with that.  I only trust coins that post open source code updates.  Soon enough you will know why.

Pictures, videos and progress reports. It's like the moon landing. Why fake it if it costs the same to actually go there?
chocobo

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:02:37 PM

If you read the thread there are many updates, pictures, videos and progress reports. It is nowhere near dead. When a new block explorer was needed it was fixed within one day.  Obviously the development isn't blazing fast either and the poloniex delisting was a huge blow, hence why it isn't worth more than what it is(2-3m marketcap). But I don't believe that 2-3m is anywhere near overvalued for this coin. Criticising the coin is fine but I think it's poor form of you to shill another coin so blatantly.

I'm not shilling another coin, I'm simply defending it because someone came to that thread spewing bullshit and FUD.  And I found they are actually shilling for GeoCoin, despite the huge lack of activity on github.

He doesn't represent the GEO devs at all, just like I hope you don't represent the Lomo devs. There can be more than one project attempting the same thing.
chocobo

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:13:38 PM

I'm not shilling another coin, I'm simply defending it because someone came to that thread spewing bullshit and FUD.  And I found they are actually shilling for GeoCoin, despite the huge lack of activity on github.

He doesn't represent the GEO devs at all, just like I hope you don't represent the Lomo devs. There can be more than one project attempting the same thing.

That's right I don't represent any coin or dev.  I don't mean anything against Geo Coin if it is legit, maybe it is, who knows.  I just don't like it when people compare unfairly and spread misinformation.  Believe what you want to believe, fine by me, but let's all hold devs/coins to the same standards of accountability.  Both projects look interesting.

Yes exactly, there will always be misinformation and its expected to have a few people FUDing or just confused, but its really not as damaging as it seems. The best thing is to just not be the one spreading BS.
Shooriko

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:08:43 AM

Yo, update please about when the approximate time for the beta testing will be over. What kinks are you all working out right now? Challenges, successes, etc?
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:12:13 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 09:41:47 AM by CryptoMan2014

Tobler and I have been working through some issues on the front and back end for the past few weeks while beta testing.  We want to get things up and running smoothly so we are not going to rush this process, we thank you for your patience.

In terms of GPS spoofing it is already known to us and we will ban any users who are caught spoofing their GPS position immediately.  To date there are 75 GeoCoin Hunters which were banned due to spoofing.
Yo, update please about when the approximate time for the beta testing will be over. What kinks are you all working out right now? Challenges, successes, etc?

It didn't take long to find that answer....
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:26:28 PM

I remember this coin from years ago. The fact that development is still active is very encouraging. Could launch still be months away? Sorry for a redundant question, it's just that my btc is tied up and I'm unsure of I should sell some other holding and buy geo now or just wait

weifa

Activity: 776
Merit: 308

GeoCoin Developer - GIS Technologist

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:58:20 PM

Good morning GEO community, sorry for the delay in my response.  My wife and I are moving this week so we spent the entire weekend boxing up our apartment.

It seems that you guys don't play nice in my absense  Cheesy  Let me answer a few questions.  Some people were concerned that our project is dead as our github page has not been updated in 3 years.  This is true as we have not modified or altered anything from the crypto technology side since we launced the wallet.  Our focus since creating the coin has been to add GIS & GeoTechnologies to work hand in hand with this blockchain.

The project has been ongoing for the past 3 years.  Back around November/December the Poloniex exchange decided to delist GEO due to low daily trading volumes.  We reached out to them at that time to try and keep GEO listed, but none of our communications were even returned at all.  Since then I have taken over from Tobler as the lead developer and have been focusing on replacing our Google Maps interface with a new MapBox interface.  This process have been very enjoyable and the results have come together very well in the past 6 months or so.

To see some of the latest demo videos for GeoCoin check out the following 3 videos we've uploaded to youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCVXaNvSfw4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEIgzu_iTL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNs6N0EdD8Y

In order to demonstrate that these videos are not fake or just screenshots made in photoshop as some have claimed, I updated our home landing page recently to provide the community a sneak peak at the new MapBox interface. http://geocoin.cash

Tobler and I are currently working through some remaining issues prior to launch.  Tobler is focusing on the cryptotech in the backend and I'm touching up some minor glitches remaining in the frontend of the MapBox interface.  We also need to update our main page prior to launch as well as we had some server troubles there.  I hope this helps clear up some confusing.  We are still alive and well and hoping to launch when we are confident it is ready.

P.S. Don't feed the Trolls!  Smiley
weifa

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:22:12 PM

Working through some new logic to combine the Camera Perspective Controls with Facebook sharing for use on our landing page
alexinv

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:08:27 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 07:23:09 PM by alexinv

Usually when price spikes there is either a insider info or something similar, you don't throw 300k+$ on thin air Wink

consolidation phase now ?

Maybe expect app release and then 10x, who knows.

LOL poor man waits on magic from dead coin LOL and stagnant stagnant, than low low, than stagnant stagnant, bags heavier heavier LOL

no one knows what to wait from this coin, this coin is speculative and may rise 10x or fall unexpectedly but one fact stands steady that dev is continually working on the project. as far as I know that only the small team works on this project without huge investments what proves they are passionate about this idea. when person likes what he does then the main idea comes out with excellent result
weifa

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:00:31 PM

Usually when price spikes there is either a insider info or something similar, you don't throw 300k+$ on thin air Wink

consolidation phase now ?

Maybe expect app release and then 10x, who knows.

LOL poor man waits on magic from dead coin LOL and stagnant stagnant, than low low, than stagnant stagnant, bags heavier heavier LOL

no one knows what to wait from this coin, this coin is speculative and may rise 10x or fall unexpectedly but one fact stands steady that dev is continually working on the project. as far as I know that only the small team works on this project without huge investments what proves they are passionate about this idea. when person likes what he does than the main idea comes out with excellent result
Thanks for your continued support, I do really enjoy working on GeoCoin and I am passionate about the project.  Last night while working on combining the Camera Perspective Controls with Facebook Sharing I came across a new issue with the dragging logic.  It seems that MapBox has switched up how they handle this type of event, but luckily I was able to implement the fix already and it's back up and running.  I will continue with the remainder of the Facebook Sharing logic this evening if time permits.  I still got some packing to do  Smiley
euggio

Activity: 433

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:42:51 AM

Geo is rising. Should I buy more?
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:23:43 PM

Geo is rising along with a bunch of other really low market cap coins because a pump group has announced a pump on a low market cap coin in 3 hours. So it's all speculation...
Hint: it won't be geo because there is too much on the sell side.

TeamMollyMassive

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

My girls in my trap team all Baggin Cryptos!!!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 07:47:12 PM

In my opnion yes anything under 20$ is a steal in long term

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: