Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LTCGear.com SCAM - Enough is enough, lets get some info together  (Read 55566 times)
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:11:44 PM

I have a weird feeling this is the day it either just disappears (or there is not even a change) or there is a major delay added (1 week or so). It just does not feel like the site will just be back.

No, the hosting is still paid untill the 29/30th January. He needs more delay until then.

I am more and more convinced he just moved the website from server to server to cover his back. On the first server (godaddy) he logged in with his ip maybe, then he transdered to another hosting company a few days, and finally to ovh. (where he logged in to install a fress install from a proxy, and since then he's only updating daily ETA)

Actually Chris owns at least half LTC network hashrate (with the 2 accounts at 1 million shares + 5 at +500k shares = 450 GB. add the other accounts..)

How do you know this? The hosting part.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Borntostun

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:22:09 PM

Yes @joboy . . .  how do you know this? And what do you make of it -- transferring the hosting so frequently? 
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:22:33 PM

Because he moved the website on 29th/30th december. It's a dedicated/semi dedicated server. This hosting plans are paid every month in the most cases.

When I called ovh, they could'nt tell me that much (privacy of course), but they confirmed at least that the contract was not reconducted at this time.

Thanks, didn't know you had called. OK, hmm, well let us see how it turns today.
NotAPonzi (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:10:52 AM

Surprise surprise
Borntostun

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:28:43 AM

This is too much. 
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:41:28 AM

Surprise surprise

Its not even a surprise any more to be honest. I expect the worst at this point.
PhilippeStevens

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:51:28 AM

Posts are magically getting deleted by mods on this topic, what gives ? We can't even talk about ltcgear and post useful information ?

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:15:38 AM

Deleted where? You can discuss it here no problem on either this or the original thread.
PhilippeStevens

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:26:12 AM

Deleted where? You can discuss it here no problem on either this or the original thread.

Here as I said. So no I can't seem to discuss here without a problem
I had a reply deleted yesterday "A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted." And it was far from being off-topic.
And joboy84's replies got deleted too.

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:31:46 AM

Here as I said. So no I can't seem to discuss here without a problem
I had a reply deleted yesterday "A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted." And it was far from being off-topic.
And joboy84's replies got deleted too.

Try litecoin forums or ltcgear forums. Not sure what you are posting, but I've not seen much of this before in relation to ltcgear.
mm5aes

Activity: 176

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:53:48 AM

Whole raft of posts relating to the LTCgear.com mysql dump and how it was obtained have been deleted by a mod. Pity it still appears on the first post in the thread. The bigger pity is it sort of derailed the momentum that was building up around finding who was illegally 'penetration testing' the web site on the 24th of December.
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:19:40 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 02:14:07 PM by Danz0r77

Whole raft of posts relating to the LTCgear.com mysql dump and how it was obtained have been deleted by a mod. Pity it still appears on the first post in the thread. The bigger pity is it sort of derailed the momentum that was building up around finding who was illegally 'penetration testing' the web site on the 24th of December.

I have to say I think it was largely your fault that all these posts were deleted, going on your heroic little quest like you did.
mm5aes

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:23:17 PM

I have to say I think it was largely your fault that all these posts were deleted, going on your heroic little quest like you did.

Agreed, I'll take some of the blame. But then it wasn't me that posted the offending user dump was it?  Wink
muzzyshop

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:49:23 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 03:25:04 AM by muzzyshop

Better starting report to fbi cybercrime
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:53:59 AM

Enough is enough. Now this is just getting stupid. It cannot be taking this long to fix and it is not possible he thinks it will be done the next day to only postpone another day. He has turned into a sadistic MF...ing prick that is just getting off on watching people have hope and comment on this thread. Time for anyone with the resources to go after him and do whatever they can do to legally make his life a living hell.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
muzzyshop

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:32:31 AM

Here is where to report EU internet fraud

http://ec.europa.eu/anti_fraud/investigations/report-fraud/index_en.htm

Here is to report international crime

http://www.interpol.int/

Here is a link to report EU cyber crime

https://www.europol.europa.eu/content/report-cybercrime-online
mm5aes

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:52:37 AM

Agreed, I'll take some of the blame. But then it wasn't me that posted the offending user dump was it?  Wink

Get out of here, you finally stop living in gaga land and realise Chris fucked off with our money, now your trying to give input on something that you showed no sign of interest other than bashing and as Dan said heroic little quests.

Really! So you're OK using illegally obtained output from the precursor to a hack to obtain details of LTCgear and to hell with anyone who gets outed in the cross fire. You are not concerned that the poster has ALL YOUR details! Very mature.

Wrote this off weeks ago by the way. Always considered it high risk. I will admit to an irrational hope that LTCgear could pull it back somehow. Do feel for those in deep just the same.

The chances of seeing anything back are zero unless LTCgear decides to come back of it's own volition.
Now that the FBI, Interpol, Web hosting companies, local police et al, hell even the Chilean authorities, have all been activated means there in now no chance of this company returning. Even if it's legit, he'll probably be forced to file for bankruptcy.

Continue trying to dox him by all means, the chase is probably cathartic to the angry. To be honest though, the info is all public domain anyway. His confirmed web site hosting is all the authorities need to get in touch with him.

By the way, to the true LTCgear customers. Beware of the assholes in here just trying to wind you up. Their only intention was to make sure  LTCgear was brought down. Seems they're after the mods at Litecointalk as well now. A lot of mud slinging to see where it sticks it would seem. Still, you've got to love a keyboard warrior Cheesy

Here's a little snippet for you, something I received in a personnel message but can't confirm, nor will I reveal the source as it's probably a wind up. Chris may have sacked one of his mates, his only employee it would appear. Make of that what you will. See if you can work out who it was from you're hacked list.  Roll Eyes
Though to the OP, I would ask that you take that list out of you're post.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 11:42:46 AM

Agreed, I'll take some of the blame. But then it wasn't me that posted the offending user dump was it?  Wink

Get out of here, you finally stop living in gaga land and realise Chris fucked off with our money, now your trying to give input on something that you showed no sign of interest other than bashing and as Dan said heroic little quests.

Really! So you're OK using illegally obtained output from the precursor to a hack to obtain details of LTCgear and to hell with anyone who gets outed in the cross fire. You are not concerned that the poster has ALL YOUR details! Very mature.

Here's a little snippet for you, something I received in a personnel message but can't confirm, nor will I reveal the source as it's probably a wind up. Chris may have sacked one of his mates, his only employee it would appear. Make of that what you will. See if you can work out who it was from you're hacked list.  Roll Eyes

Do we really care who he fired ?
I think it is really time for action now, there is absolutely no chance that we see our money before today update or in 10 update from now.
If he really wanted to pay us considering it takes him forever to fix his stuff, he would have made a few manual payout to calm down his very unsatisfied customers... The fact he didn't do that shows that he is just trying to scam us...
This is crypto 1month is eternity... well we have been waiting longer than eternity, we know what it means  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:44:23 PM

Wrote this off weeks ago by the way. Always considered it high risk. I will admit to an irrational hope that LTCgear could pull it back somehow. Do feel for those in deep just the same.

The chances of seeing anything back are zero unless LTCgear decides to come back of it's own volition.
Now that the FBI, Interpol, Web hosting companies, local police et al, hell even the Chilean authorities, have all been activated means there in now no chance of this company returning. Even if it's legit, he'll probably be forced to file for bankruptcy.

Continue trying to dox him by all means, the chase is probably cathartic to the angry. To be honest though, the info is all public domain anyway. His confirmed web site hosting is all the authorities need to get in touch with him.

By the way, to the true LTCgear customers. Beware of the assholes in here just trying to wind you up. Their only intention was to make sure  LTCgear was brought down. Seems they're after the mods at Litecointalk as well now. A lot of mud slinging to see where it sticks it would seem. Still, you've got to love a keyboard warrior Cheesy

Here's a little snippet for you, something I received in a personnel message but can't confirm, nor will I reveal the source as it's probably a wind up. Chris may have sacked one of his mates, his only employee it would appear. Make of that what you will. See if you can work out who it was from you're hacked list.  Roll Eyes

Stop trolling now.

Some points:
1. You're supposed to be a Unix Admin or whatever, and claim to be an expert on the legalities of penetration testing. However, you're so far off the mark with all your claims, it's untrue!
2. The poster does NOT have ANYBODY's details. You're either out of your mind, or lying about your job. Or just really bad at it.
3. There was one guy who posted about the Litecointalk mods - he's a lone wolf on that one - don't tar us all with the same brush.
4. "Though to the OP, I would ask that you take that list out of you're post." What's the point of that?

Your arguments are contradictory, inflammatory and most importantly, wrong. So... stop!
mm5aes

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:41:24 PM

Agreed, I'll take some of the blame. But then it wasn't me that posted the offending user dump was it?  Wink

By the way, to the true LTCgear customers. Beware of the assholes in here just trying to wind you up. Their only intention was to make sure  LTCgear was brought down. Seems they're after the mods at Litecointalk as well now. A lot of mud slinging to see where it sticks it would seem. Still, you've got to love a keyboard warrior Cheesy

Here's a little snippet for you, something I received in a personnel message but can't confirm, nor will I reveal the source as it's probably a wind up. Chris may have sacked one of his mates, his only employee it would appear. Make of that what you will. See if you can work out who it was from you're hacked list.  Roll Eyes

Stop trolling now.

Some points:
1. You're supposed to be a Unix Admin or whatever, and claim to be an expert on the legalities of penetration testing. However, you're so far off the mark with all your claims, it's untrue!
2. The poster does NOT have ANYBODY's details. You're either out of your mind, or lying about your job. Or just really bad at it.
3. There was one guy who posted about the Litecointalk mods - he's a lone wolf on that one - don't tar us all with the same brush.
4. "Though to the OP, I would ask that you take that list out of you're post." What's the point of that?

Your arguments are contradictory, inflammatory and most importantly, wrong. So... stop!

OK, points 1 and 2 :-

Have a look here. Came up as the first link in a google search for 'penetration testing legal issues' :-

http://www.securitycurrent.com/en/analysis/ac_analysis/legal-issues-in-penetration-testing

As already stated, 'testing' any site without the consent of the owners is illegal.
What you posted is an extract from the database containing id's, user name plus real name. What was so interesting after line 870 by the way? Customers details perhaps?
The poster, or whoever uploaded the image, has that for ALL customers.
What's the bet those that received the bogus email recently asking them to log in have an email address in the name field?

Do a google search for the a course called 'SQL injection master class' if you want to know how potentially damaging this information is. It used to be on Udemy but it seems they took it down! I'm sure a search at some of the usual places will find it.

Point 3 :- You're right. I apologise. That idiot winds me up no end Angry

For point 4 I refer you to the answer above.

And to djm34.  Can't argue with anyone taking any action you deem fit. I agree it has gone on too long now.
And you're right I have derailed the thread. It is an important point though. Even more so than the one you and I discussed in another thread. I will do as requested and leave you to you're witch hunt.

Though before I go - again I request that the OP remove the Mysql dump from the first post.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: