Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCDice.com - The Best Bitcoin Game in the World! - Better Payouts  (Read 11356 times)
22bones

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 09:54:01 PM

I was using bitcoind to send directly to the address.  I can't verify all of the games until more than 24 hours has passed, since the site uses the time of processing to choose the secret used (which it shouldn't, it should use the time recorded in the block chain for the transaction).

I don't know what you mean by "independent," I lost 21 games consecutively.  If we round the <32k game to 50% chance of winning, it's like a coin flip, where the chance of flipping heads is 1/2^1, or 1/2.  The chance of flipping 2 heads in a row is 1/2^2, or 1/4.  That would make my run of 21 losses about a 1/2^21 chance, or 1/2097152.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 02:20:23 AM

I was using bitcoind to send directly to the address.  I can't verify all of the games until more than 24 hours has passed, since the site uses the time of processing to choose the secret used (which it shouldn't, it should use the time recorded in the block chain for the transaction).

I don't know what you mean by "independent," I lost 21 games consecutively.  If we round the <32k game to 50% chance of winning, it's like a coin flip, where the chance of flipping heads is 1/2^1, or 1/2.  The chance of flipping 2 heads in a row is 1/2^2, or 1/4.  That would make my run of 21 losses about a 1/2^21 chance, or 1/2097152.

red flag

The site operator can easily delay processing transactions  until the current time generates a losing secret.
Please use the blockchain timestamp.

BTCDice (OP)

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 03:48:42 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2012, 04:00:34 AM by BTCDice

I was using bitcoind to send directly to the address.  I can't verify all of the games until more than 24 hours has passed, since the site uses the time of processing to choose the secret used (which it shouldn't, it should use the time recorded in the block chain for the transaction).

I don't know what you mean by "independent," I lost 21 games consecutively.  If we round the <32k game to 50% chance of winning, it's like a coin flip, where the chance of flipping heads is 1/2^1, or 1/2.  The chance of flipping 2 heads in a row is 1/2^2, or 1/4.  That would make my run of 21 losses about a 1/2^21 chance, or 1/2097152.

red flag

The site operator can easily delay processing transactions  until the current time generates a losing secret.

None of transactions were delayed. I have two way of processing on transaction, either live transaction or re-queue (during heavy load, or follow downtime), both of which use timestamp for the day that bet was processed. Edit to make clear: ("processed" meaning, when TX was broadcast through bitcoin on server)

Individual timestamp does not matter, only the day of timestamp. Does not matter if transaction occur at 23:59:59 on 2012/19/10 or at 00:00:01 on 2012/19/10, it will use same secret.

You can verify transaction yourself once secret is revealed.

If you claim this is red flag on me, you claim it is red flag on Satoshidice too, because Satoshidice works same way.
AvL42

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:09:28 AM

As the tx-timestamp may not be "tamper-proof" (could be set back to a date whose secret number is already known) it is necessary for any gambling site to pick the date where *it* sees the tx. However this indeed leaves a cheat-hole, as mentioned in:

red flag
The site operator can easily delay processing transactions  until the current time [rem: or date] generates a losing secret.

Is that the end of the "no cheating possible" gambling-claim in bitcoin world? Especially in the context, that it actually happened recently, that bets were spent rather quickly (so the tx obviously reached btcdice's wallet in time), but "processed" with one or two days delay. That doesn't look at all well, BTCDice :-(

We should really have an eye on how long it takes in average to process bets, and how long it takes till the bets are spent. Losses paid instantly do not count to the average. Also the chart of recent wins is not reliable, as that could (in principle) be "firends' or own bets".

PS: @22bones: "independently" meant "not in the same tx".

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:13:20 AM

I was using bitcoind to send directly to the address.  I can't verify all of the games until more than 24 hours has passed, since the site uses the time of processing to choose the secret used (which it shouldn't, it should use the time recorded in the block chain for the transaction).

I don't know what you mean by "independent," I lost 21 games consecutively.  If we round the <32k game to 50% chance of winning, it's like a coin flip, where the chance of flipping heads is 1/2^1, or 1/2.  The chance of flipping 2 heads in a row is 1/2^2, or 1/4.  That would make my run of 21 losses about a 1/2^21 chance, or 1/2097152.

red flag

The site operator can easily delay processing transactions  until the current time generates a losing secret.

None of transactions were delayed. I have two way of processing on transaction, either live transaction or re-queue (during heavy load, or follow downtime), both of which use timestamp for the day that bet was processed. Edit to make clear: ("processed" meaning, when TX was broadcast through bitcoin on server)

Individual timestamp does not matter, only the day of timestamp. Does not matter if transaction occur at 23:59:59 on 2012/19/10 or at 00:00:01 on 2012/19/10, it will use same secret.

You can verify transaction yourself once secret is revealed.

If you claim this is red flag on me, you claim it is red flag on Satoshidice too, because Satoshidice works same way.

Thank you for clarifying that, that was my only concern.
I am further impressed you use the bitcoin time stamp to process the tx against the secret used at the time the bet was placed for delayed bets.
Very very good work.

GREEN FLAG

BTCDice (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 08:56:57 PM

Site temporarily down. All bet will be marked as 'above max' and sent back (less the 0.0005 TX fee) once they confirm while site is down.

TX fee is taken to insure transaction gets back in reasonable time. Please do not bet while it is down, if you do not want to lose tx fee in btc.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:03:51 AM

red flag

The site operator can easily delay processing transactions  until the current time generates a losing secret.

The problem here is that the main attraction of these games is how fast they work.  There's no blockchain timestamp until the transaction is in a block, which takes on average 10 minutes to happen.  You don't want to have to wait for 10 minutes on average each time you bet before you find out whether you won or not.

If you're worried about the operator cheating, don't play in the hour before midnight (server time).  This should remove the ambiguity.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
22bones

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:05:25 PM

Bitcoind provides a "time" and "timereceived" field for each transaction, even before the block clears... I thought.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:22:05 PM

Bitcoind provides a "time" and "timereceived" field for each transaction, even before the block clears... I thought.

Yes, but there's no way you can prove whether the site owner's bitcoind received the transaction today or tomorrow.  The received time is potentially different for each bitcoin node.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BTCDice (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:42:17 AM

Yes, but there's no way you can prove whether the site owner's bitcoind received the transaction today or tomorrow.  The received time is potentially different for each bitcoin node.

"received time" is local to your running instance of bitcoin.
"time" is the actual original timestamp used to generate transaction in client.

Bitcoin network will ignore a new transaction if it is having too old a timestamp, or timestamp from future, when it is introduced.

BTCDice works using the UTC timestamp from transaction to determine day of transaction (in UTC) and then process using secret of that day (in UTC).

yuutt66

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:00:38 PM

Site temporarily down. All bet will be marked as 'above max' and sent back (less the 0.0005 TX fee) once they confirm while site is down.

TX fee is taken to insure transaction gets back in reasonable time. Please do not bet while it is down, if you do not want to lose tx fee in btc.

Just out of curiosity, when will the site be back up?  Cheesy
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 01:12:59 AM

BTCDice works using the UTC timestamp from transaction to determine day of transaction (in UTC) and then process using secret of that day (in UTC).

Transactions don't have timestamps though.  You client may make a note of the time that it first saw a particular transaction, but my client may put a different timestamp on it.  I don't think there's any way we can safely agree on the exact timestamp of a transaction, since it's not part of the transaction itself.  All we can agree upon is the timestamp of the block that includes it.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BTCDice (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 06:23:56 AM

I am unsure of for now. Working as quickly as possible to get everything finished, and day job is very hectic right now which is taking lots of my time.
yuutt66

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 01:08:12 PM

I am unsure of for now. Working as quickly as possible to get everything finished, and day job is very hectic right now which is taking lots of my time.

Ok thanks Smiley
SteamGamesBTC.com

Activity: 734
Merit: 507

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 09:57:20 PM

Amen?

SteamGamesBTC.com
> Automatic 24/7 bot: purchase any Steam game 20% cheaper with Bitcoin! <
BTCDice (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2012, 06:41:08 AM

Amen?

I am been very delayed with my job. I have lots of deadline taking my time. I am still plan on getting site back up as soon as possible.
bitfromit

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:22:18 AM

frozen and withdraw not processing after 30 mins... Hmmmmmmm
bitfromit

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:34:15 AM

oh they are back now and withdrawn ok.
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

Which site are you posting about?  I think this one's dead.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bitfromit

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:39:57 AM

Which site are you posting about?  I think this one's dead.

BTC-dice.com - it is working now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: