Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:46:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector  (Read 29053 times)
WoodCollector

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:08:54 PM

TECSHARE has it right, this thread sucks. I also think several of you do not understand what a trust system is and how it works.

Go back and read this post right here, where I first stumbled across the guy's work. I complimented it, as I did at the start of this thread.

I then expressed confusion about his pricing structure, to which he replied right here that he actually charges $3k/hr, but $18/hr is the special price for us. Imagine a $3k/hour artisan saying "fuck it, I'll do it for $18/hour, and just try a LOT LESS HARD".

This was obviously taking the piss (Special price on a hand-tailored suit, sir? Just for you...). Obviously. If anyone reading this believes that a man whose time is worth THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS AN HOUR is going to pick up a chisel for $18/hr, stop reading RIGHT NOW and kill yourself.

At this point, I suspected that if the guy was going to be so blatantly full of shit about how much money he makes, he's probably bullshitting about how much his wood costs, how long his pieces take to make, everything. A cursory examination of the circumstantial evidence (loans for tools, brand-new account but familiar with BFL, making drug paraphernalia on his lathe, etc) combined with the fact that his designs REALLY ARE ACTUALLY QUITE NICE (seriously) but the shapes he cuts out are ACTUALLY EMBARRASSINGLY POOR  (for a "master artisan"), lead me to the most obvious conclusion: that he's in fact a mediocre woodworker and a decent graphic designer, pretending that his laser-cut designs (literally the exact same as pressing "print" in photoshop) are somehow hand-carved.

Any master craftsman would have a portfolio of high-end work to show potential clients. Any craftsman who has been working for more than a few years is a fucking idiot if they don't have a portfolio of their high-end work, including process pictures. My threads are littered with them. But the best this guy can produce is this:

I very much do have a portfolio of several high end works, and no amount of your idiocy is going to get me to devalue the works from my gallery by publicly admitting i do pieces for a tenth of the cost for bitcoin users.

Instead,

Not only does the forum members who are truly concerned get their video proof, i am going to turn you into an example of what happens when people try to plague this forum with harsh, unfounded claims to tarnish peoples reputation over a witch hunt with nothing more than speculation backing it up. Even the people who have commissioned my art have told you that your wrong in the worst kind of way and you still want to carry on. Your not here to protect anyone, you have made it clear your on a smear campaign. So its time i do some marketing, and campaiging of my own because i FIRMLY believe that this community is better than you.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WoodCollector

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:10:24 PM

For anyone who missed it, all the video, photo evidence you will need to draw your conclusions can be found HERE over the coming weeks, the first video should be up within a day or so.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:16:10 PM

It's never nice when your life's work and integrity is put into question but lashing back so defensively doesn't really help either.

A simple video would clear everything up, put OP in his place, and make your business stronger than before.

Interested in seeing proof for this latest forum drama  Grin Grin *popcorn*
WoodCollector

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:34:31 PM

It's never nice when your life's work and integrity is put into question but lashing back so defensively doesn't really help either.

A simple video would clear everything up, put OP in his place, and make your business stronger than before.

Interested in seeing proof for this latest forum drama  Grin Grin *popcorn*

Normally yes, but even after being told by my clients that what i said is true, even after going on a picture taking expedition to satisfy his crap he still wants to defend his accusations. this is not a man who wants answers or the facts/truth, he has already been given both by myself and the people who actually buy the things i sell. No, he has made it clear that he just wants to have some fun and go on a smear campaign. So... Challenge accepted. Its not defensive. Its offensive for every other forum member out there who has suffered similar situations. When simple truths and facts are not enough to end the witch hunt. YOU HAVE TO HANG THE HUNTERS or they are going to keep at it until they run you off.

BTW there is no such thing as a simple video when it comes to wood carving. Do you really think by reading through his posts in this thread that if i would have went to the shop, carved a really small letter S or Q or whatever in a piece of wood to show it can be done and that i can do it that he would have stopped? After it was the text that was impossible, it would have been the micro fine lines that i do with a dental pick, after that it would be something else.

he asked for pictures, i gave pictures, he says "they look too new", i show a work in progress, he says "the shavings are not the same color" this really shows me how clueless he is as anybody who works with wood knows that  when you work with wood, it gets lighter, thats why people use things like tung oil or boiled linseed oil to put the color back in the wood. Hell even the people buying the wood told him "i have seen it, he is 100% legit" and he still carries on. No, No, this is the type of situation 100% where you hang the hunter. That is the only way he is going to stop. THEN and only then can things carry on as normal. Not sure if i will still do art pieces here in the future or not after all of this, but i am still here, and still going to be buying wood like a mad man.

fishb0ne

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:37:35 PM

I just wanted to point out that the clients that spoke up, did so by saying they are satisfied with the quality of your work and that they were presented with progress of work, but none have clarified what that was. As far as I understand it, the allegation in this thread is that the very fine details on the wood work are not hand made, but laser cut. Therefore, in this case the customer feedback isn't relevant to the topic. The photos of tools don't count as evidence because they only demonstrate that you own them, not how/if you use them.
So there is disagreement over evidence here, not that someone is hell bent with an agenda. Personally I think your pieces look great and I prefer imperfections, because that gives them character. No two pieces will be exactly alike.
WoodCollector

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:46:18 PM

I just wanted to point out that the clients that spoke up, did so by saying they are satisfied with the quality of your work and that they were presented with progress of work, but none have clarified what that was. As far as I understand it, the allegation in this thread is that the very fine details on the wood work are not hand made, but laser cut. Therefore, in this case the customer feedback isn't relevant to the topic. The photos of tools don't count as evidence because they only demonstrate that you own them, not how/if you use them.
So there is disagreement over evidence here, not that someone is hell bent with an agenda. Personally I think your pieces look great and I prefer imperfections, because that gives them character. No two pieces will be exactly alike.

Sorry, your right, glad IronMarvel cleared it up then.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=868954.msg10220254#msg10220254

There, now a client and soon clients will be telling it like it is. Still going to make some videos though, Maybe if Nubbins trust rating gets murdered enough he will leave mine alone.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:48:30 PM

That's a five-day-old account.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:49:04 PM

Wow this certainly blew up...and to think...I came this close to buying a dildo from this guy  Grin

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:50:15 PM

Sorry, your right, glad IronMarvel cleared it up then.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=868954.msg10220254#msg10220254

There, now a client and soon clients will be telling it like it is. Still going to make some videos though, Maybe if Nubbins trust rating gets murdered enough he will leave mine alone.

What part of "customer feedback isn't relevant to the topic" do you not understand?  Stop responding until you have some proof otherwise you are just wasting your time.
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:04:48 PM

Here's another master carver, with what is essentially a large Butterfly Labs dildo.

As you can see, both this gentleman and his peer, WoodCarver, are in possession of the same approximate level of skill.

IronMarvel2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:13:33 PM

omg... just invest some time before writing something stupid...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=924237.0

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BITCOIN-ENGRAVE - CUSTOM BITCOIN ENGRAVE | KEYCHAINS | BRACELETS | WALLETS | COINS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:15:05 PM

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:23:58 PM

From that thread:

Weird, bitspill is a Hero Member too.

BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:45:31 PM

From that thread:

You're an idiot is showing strongly here. A guy hacked Ironmarvel's account and messaged everyone he wanted to scam (the hacker did) and went on a trolling rampage. Ironmarvel still has no access to his account despite messaging Theymos.

Me, Bitspill and many were messaged by the scammer / hacker...

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:45:47 PM

From that thread:

[ some fake pm from the guy who hacked IronMarvel's account ]
Just to set this straight, I can confirm with a high level of certainty that IronMarvel2 is the real IronMarvel.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
IronMarvel2

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:50:27 PM

From that thread:

For real man??
I started a thread calling out that I was hacked about 30 min after it happend. I posted on every loan thread, that the hacker started, not to trust this guy, not to give him a loan... and now you suggest that I try to scam people.
Very poor move dude....

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BITCOIN-ENGRAVE - CUSTOM BITCOIN ENGRAVE | KEYCHAINS | BRACELETS | WALLETS | COINS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WoodCollector

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:53:33 PM

From that thread:

For real man??
I started a thread calling out that I was hacked about 30 min after it happend. I posted on every loan thread, that the hacker started, not to trust this guy, not to give him a loan... and now you suggest that I try to scam people.
Very poor move dude....

he is on a quest to start as many smear campaigns today as he can, you'll have your own thread from him soon too. no point in trying to use logic and reason with nubbins. hes just going to keep pissing in the wind until he hits something to redeem himself

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:49:10 PM

From that thread:

This reflects very poorly on your judgment skills if you actually believe that is a message from the real IronMarvel.
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:22:51 AM

I don't give a red fuck about catching up on the history of every user who posts here, so don't act so shocked.

"Just invest some time." Eat shit. I'm supposed to say "hm, this account is 5 days old; I'd better scour this user's history for explanations as to why this is so"?

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:25:27 AM

http://youtu.be/q8uhBrqeD-A

I want a laser engraver now.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: