Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector  (Read 29053 times)
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:34:08 AM

Tries to bribe me one more time via PM on the way out:

i can edit my posts and you can edit yours, we can discuss your exact concerns, and hell, instead of making a F#$k Nubbins piece to showcase my rage towards how this was handled, i may even discuss with you something small that you would like to put in your home and make the video of me carving that for you instead. You will find, when not under attack i am a quite reasonable person. 

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RedhatCAT

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:38:08 AM

3. I DO NOT AGREE TO THIS. Essentially this is not about nubbins and more about you and you silencing your critics. If you choose not to create a product for me I will not be offended. In fact I was surprised at your offer. This does give you a chance to silence every critic of your work and make your business image that much stronger by doing so. You have upside to gain should you prove opposing parties wrong. The most productive aspect of this is not for me to leave him negative feedback as I do not believe he has done anything that warrants negative feedback. But I do disagree with his approach in creating the thread and not talking with you directly to get all of his facts before posting.
I don't think this would destroy nubbins reputation. While I do agree with your logic that negative trust would not be appropriate in this case, if nubbins were to agree then I don't see the harm. All it would really do is cause more proof to be given by nubbins in the future when he wants to call out scams (assuming he is wrong in this case).

I do somewhat suspect that this offer was made in a way that he knew it would probably not be accepted (meaning it was a bluff). If both yourself and nubbins were to agree to this clause then maybe his bluff can be called
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:41:16 AM

I don't think this would destroy nubbins reputation.

Of course it wouldn't. WC's negative rating of me is currently doing more damage to his reputation than my negative rating of him is.

TECSHARE has it right, this thread sucks. I also think several of you do not understand what a trust system is and how it works.

I think most of you do not understand what a trust system is and how it works.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
dogtor

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:45:11 AM

To paul revere, wow, 40 years as a woodworker and you turned into a tool yourself. Especially in AZ, take a trip up to Lake Havasu, Drive the McCullogh BLVD. Loop. Stop in a few of the galleries take a very close look at some of the carvings, then reply back that they were done with a laser or CNC to prove how little you really do know.

You, sir, are a total and absolute fucking joke and a sorry excuse for a human being and also a pretty pathetic wood worker, except for the neat laser engraving. Question: Why would I go to the fucking dumpy ass trailer park called Lake Havasu when I am currently living in Carefree and 10 minutes from Scottsdale? Think there might be some actual real hoity-toity galleries here moron? I am just amazed that you have turned out to be a total shitbag and insist on keeping up this charade after you have been called out instead of coming clean. Disgusted.

People tend to get butthurt when their $14,000 per item scam is disrupted by the truth.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:46:12 AM

Tip of the hat to Nubbins. I love the way this place polices itself!

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 01:50:22 AM

Is it just me or does that Butterfly labs piece on the 1st page look like a dildo?  Cheesy

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:51:59 AM

Is it just me or does that Butterfly labs piece on the 1st page look like a dildo?  Cheesy

It's a dildo  Cheesy
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:52:03 AM

I had a good chuckle at those who think that woodcollector's work is NOT done with a laser. The exact vectors of the lions and side elements used are available all over online, for free. The details speak for themselves.

Anyways, for what it's worth, I've dealt with Nubbins on IRC and he was nothing but professional and reliable. This isn't the reason I am posting here, but I feel it's fair to point out.
RedhatCAT

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:57:17 AM

I don't think this would destroy nubbins reputation.

Of course it wouldn't. WC's negative rating of me is currently doing more damage to his reputation than my negative rating of him is.

TECSHARE has it right, this thread sucks. I also think several of you do not understand what a trust system is and how it works.

I think most of you do not understand what a trust system is and how it works.

No, I understand how the trust system is suppose to work. If you scam, are trying to scam  then you should receive negative trust in order to warn others who will potentially want to trade with you in the future. What you are doing by opening this thread has nothing to do with you scamming, unprofessional, yes somewhat, but scamming no.

My point is that there is a good chance that woodcollector is bluffing. He could have made that offer knowing that negative trust would not be appropriate and that smoothie would probably not agree to such a clause. His offer allows him to offer to make a video without having to actually make one.

If you end up being wrong about woodcollector then if you agree to receive negative trust from smoothie if you are proven to be wrong then your reputation is intact. If you call his bluff and you are right then you have the opportunity to prove him to be a fraud  
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:03:49 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 02:14:24 AM by BG4

http://static8.depositphotos.com/1004920/902/v/950/depositphotos_9027723-Bull-in-tribal-style---vector-image..jpg

these are the bulls from the bottom
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:37:57 AM

Bought several pieces from him totaling roughly $50,000. Each and every piece was unique. Zero issues dealing with WoodCollector. A laser? Not something he uses. I drove to him on one of my last meetups and personally seen a large amount of his equipment. If I were an artist like him, I would not dump $100k+ into equipment and use a laser instead. Not sure what is going on here but just wanted to throw in my two cents.

The issue is not whether you have had issues with making deals with WC, or whether or not he has $100k worth of equipment, or whether you spent a ridiculous amount of money for supposedly hand carved pieces. The issue is whether or not he is using a $10 chisel to do intricate handcarvings for which he is charging exorbitant amounts. The answer to that question is : NO, he is not hand carving that shit. 

P.S: The equipment I saw in the few pics posted was not anywhere near 100k worth of machinery. All I see is a cheap ass Chinese lathe (Grizzly? Harbor Freight?) and a fucking dremel. Somewhere is the Pièce de résistance and source of his "craftsmanship", a laser engraver. Gauging by the striations left by the unit when cutting away open relief areas I bet even that is a piece of shit ~25 watt unit worth maybe $1,000.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:53:46 AM

Well that was totally unexpected that WC would chicken out...
Smartest thing to do in his situation, better keep doubt for a few that you can potentially scam in the future than admit to being a fraud publicly...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:05:59 AM

Smartest thing to do in his situation, better keep doubt for a few that you can potentially scam in the future than admit to being a fraud publicly...
If you read the post he made in the reputation section he will be posting videos within the next day or two.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:07:34 AM

I have no horse in this race and am not qualified to make any determination about how a piece of wood art was or was not created.
That having been said, if the accusations here are true some people have been severely injured financially by WC.  If I were on that list, I would be reaching out to the others who have made purchases from him and start comparing notes....ship from address, etc.  If it becomes necessary to locate him for potential legal action, etc.

I must admit I am shocked to see some of the amounts people have spent for his work, regardless of how it was created.  I mean, you don't know this guy from a fucking hole in the wall and you buy 50k worth of his 'art' because he says that's what it should cost?  The idea of this person earning millions of dollars a year doing this as his 'day job' are absurd.

I would imagine someone in the market for a five figure piece of art would do some research and find out if the guy is known producer in that field, etc. but hey that's me and I don't have 100's of BTC to spend on shit like this...lol

What's super fucked up about this is if you bought something for $10,000 and it turns out it's only worth $8000 meh, not the end of the world, but based on the accusations being made here I'd be surprised if you could resell these 10k+ pieces for anything more than a few hundred dollars at most and that sux for the people that bought it.

Without a contract I'm not even sure what legal recourse you would have.  I'm pretty sure forum posts would not be admissible as evidence in a civil lawsuit to prove that the guy misrepresented himself and is a thief.

What a world.

ig

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Paul Revere

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:10:07 AM

Update: I scrolled through WoodCollecters posts and found this:

It is a Grizzly lathe. Piece of shit $600 unit. Nailed it the first guess from the little pic on the first page of this thread. ( I actually DO know about this stuff) Brand new even. Even the turning tools all look nice and new and pretty. Looks like he has figured out how to turn a weird looking bong and a couple flat discs to laser burn on thus far.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:13:06 AM

I will be back here to attempt to get access to video(s) of his hand carving of the same caliber detail of his products already posted on this forum.

Of course without that stipulation that I am required to leave negative feedback for nubbins.

I will give credit where credit is due and be completely neutral on the topic.

I have no skin in the game but I will not be forced to leave negative feedback where I believe it is not warranted.

Time will tell.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:14:26 AM

Update: I scrolled through WoodCollecters posts and found this:

It is a Grizzly lathe. Piece of shit $600 unit. Nailed it the first guess from the little pic on the first page of this thread. ( I actually DO know about this stuff) Brand new even. Even the turning tools all look nice and new and pretty. Looks like he has figured out how to turn a weird looking bong and a couple flat discs to laser burn on thus far.

Would using something like this still be considered "hand-carved"? Honest question.  Huh

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:17:39 AM

If you read the post he made in the reputation section he will be posting videos within the next day or two.

Also keeping track of that topic, i'd be very surprised if something serious would pop up there, who knows...

I haven't done any wood carving myself, but i have worked with lasers on different materials, what i've seen so far i would definitely say resembles laser art.

Well let's see what he comes up with, since he announced he'd only show to "important people", i doubt anything will be posted in public.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:18:31 AM

As a matter of fact now that I think about it for more than three consecutive seconds the entire direction of this thread is the wrong approach.  If this guy is an artist of the caliper he claims to be how fucking hard could it be to verify him?  Does he sign his work?  I don't know any artist who doesn't!  How many people could there be creating high end pieces like this?

It should take about five minutes to vet this guy and see if he is for real or not.  To hell with pictures and videos he may or may not post.

Does he have a web site?  A gallery?  You get the idea.

ummmmm......THAT looks familiar

https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/collectable-art/94243/

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Paul Revere

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:21:17 AM

As a matter of fact now that I think about it for more than three consecutive seconds the entire direction of this thread is the wrong approach.  If this guy is an artist of the caliper he claims to be how fucking hard could it be to verify him?  Does he sign his work?  I don't know any artist who doesn't!  How many people could there be creating high end pieces like this?

It should take about five minutes to vet this guy and see if he is for real or not.  To hell with pictures and videos he may or may not post.

Does he have a web site?  A gallery?  You get the idea.

Apparently you have to go to the "artists mecca" of Lake Havasu City to get a glimpse of his fine work. The "gallery" is probably in the third trailer on the left hand side of the street. The one with lots of crappy whirlygigs in the front lawn.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: