Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:01:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector  (Read 29053 times)
TerraHasher

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:26:35 AM

Update: I scrolled through WoodCollecters posts and found this:

It is a Grizzly lathe. Piece of shit $600 unit. Nailed it the first guess from the little pic on the first page of this thread. ( I actually DO know about this stuff) Brand new even. Even the turning tools all look nice and new and pretty. Looks like he has figured out how to turn a weird looking bong and a couple flat discs to laser burn on thus far.

Would using something like this still be considered "hand-carved"? Honest question.  Huh

I would think so. i sure as heck could not make something that nice or that precision on a lathe, when you look at it closely and see how perfect the grooves are and the way that the rings on the barrel are perfect and flow directly with the grain, my grandpa is a wood tuner and after 40 or so years of experiance was seriously impressed by that piece.
Not that my 2 cents worth here are really worth anything i had my day with the trolls many many months ago which left my reputation tarnished here on the forum but about a month ago when i accidentaly let slip a secret about coin number 10 in his collection that i was not suppose to know he offered to pay me 1000 dollars in bitcoin to remove my post to protect his clients and within minutes of doin so i had 1k usd worth of bitcoin in my waller. since i had some money at the time a week later i aksed to have an art piece made and had to beg and plead with him to let me pay with  a credit card it wasnt until a few days later when i looked at the paypal invoice that i realised who he realy is and a quick 30 second search on google confirmed he is famous for his wokrs in almost every country in the planet. reguardles of what a dumb troll wants to make acusations of, i for one am honored to have woodcollecter here on the forum and glad he found his way to bitcoin we should all be thankful for his presence not trying to string him up because 1 dumb idiot decided to be a pin in the ass after woodcollecter has already been here for months because it benifits nubbinz to tarnish wc's reputation to increase his own sales.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:34:13 AM

Would your Granpa be impressed with this precision dildo?
Up for sale is this beautiful hand crafted Bitcoin Dildo hand carved out of 100% AAA grade Cocobolo wood. It was commissioned by a person on this forum but then they back out half way through completion. Original price was $600usd. This dildo is usable as it is sealed with a hypoallergenic water proof sealer, so now your wife can love BTCitcoin as much as you do. If you have ever been F#CKED using BTCitcoin for something this would be a great way to memorialize that as well.

Bitcoin Logo

Front

Reverse

Price: $150 PLUS shipping (msg me for a quote with your zipcode)
Escrow: Yes

Some of my other works can be found HERE

LMFAO! I thought the quips about dildos were just facetious, but now I see they were actuaally real. Hey look, hey even managed to get the spacing of the "pleasure grooves" almost sort of kind of close. This is one time that using the phrase "fucking ridiculous" is an exact term!

P.S: If your granpa thinks this dildo is quality lathework he does not know what the fuck he is talking about. This looks like it was made by your average 9th grader in woodshop. It is a complete joke.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:35:58 AM

Witch hunts start with shooting Negative Trust then asking questions later.

FTFY

{ BitSpill }
diametric

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:36:22 AM

This thread is downright hilarious.  Enough so, I finally decided I should get a Bitcointalk forum account.

Anyone that's done any laser engraving would instantaneously recognize these things as etched.  Like nubbins stated, they're beautiful pieces, and I'm sure worth a fair amount, but the creator is misrepresenting the process in which he used to make them.   I have an 80 watt CO2 laser cutter/engraving machine. I've done quite a bit of etching/engraving with it, and its instantly apparent they're etched.    Now, that being said, they're actually etched pretty well. The laser is clearly well focused, and the depth is very consistent.  WoodCollector should have just sold the pieces advertised as such.

I shared this thread with a bunch of friends of mine that do a considerable amount of laser CNC work, and they all had a hilarious time watching people defend his work. The only "proof" I've seen so far are lathe tools (which you'd never use to do any actual wood carving) and a shitty lathe.   With all the talk about updating his clients with pictures of the work in progress, it should be really easy to shut anyone up that says otherwise.  

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:36:34 AM

It is a Grizzly lathe. Piece of shit $600 unit. Nailed it the first guess from the little pic on the first page of this thread. ( I actually DO know about this stuff) Brand new even. Even the turning tools all look nice and new and pretty. Looks like he has figured out how to turn a weird looking bong and a couple flat discs to laser burn on thus far.

Would using something like this still be considered "hand-carved"? Honest question.  Huh

There is no artistic skill what so ever in gouging out rings on turning wood.  I do the same thing with brass on a 400 dollar lathe from harbor freight. I make mini cannons and thunder mugs that look like shot gun shells, all by eye... This is not considered "Hand Carved"

This is considered HAND CARVED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQVo4oEizJA
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:37:41 AM

Would using something like this still be considered "hand-carved"? Honest question.  Huh

I would think so. i sure as heck could not make something that nice or that precision on a lathe, when you look at it closely and see how perfect the grooves are and the way that the rings on the barrel are perfect and flow directly with the grain, my grandpa is a wood tuner and after 40 or so years of experiance was seriously impressed by that piece.
Not that my 2 cents worth here are really worth anything i had my day with the trolls many many months ago which left my reputation tarnished here on the forum but about a month ago when i accidentaly let slip a secret about coin number 10 in his collection that i was not suppose to know he offered to pay me 1000 dollars in bitcoin to remove my post to protect his clients and within minutes of doin so i had 1k usd worth of bitcoin in my waller. since i had some money at the time a week later i aksed to have an art piece made and had to beg and plead with him to let me pay with  a credit card it wasnt until a few days later when i looked at the paypal invoice that i realised who he realy is and a quick 30 second search on google confirmed he is famous for his wokrs in almost every country in the planet. reguardles of what a dumb troll wants to make acusations of, i for one am honored to have woodcollecter here on the forum and glad he found his way to bitcoin we should all be thankful for his presence not trying to string him up because 1 dumb idiot decided to be a pin in the ass after woodcollecter has already been here for months because it benifits nubbinz to tarnish wc's reputation to increase his own sales.

Well then who is he?  That's probably why he is so huffy, he's not trying to protect this identity(WoodCollector) he's trying to protect his real identity so his rep isn't tarnished from scamming people out of bitcoin.  That's epic.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:37:48 AM

I would like to know if the people that purchased items believed they were buying a one off piece because clearly he has more than one of the big BTC logo  one for sale.  How the fuck could they look THAT alike if a machine isn't making them?

https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/collectable-art/94243/

Seller Details
Seller:
WoodCollector
000Member Since:Jan 13th, 2015

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:38:15 AM

Well that was totally unexpected that WC would chicken out...
Smartest thing to do in his situation, better keep doubt for a few that you can potentially scam in the future than admit to being a fraud publicly...
If you read the post he made in the reputation section he will be posting videos within the next day or two.

Also keeping track of that topic, i'd be very surprised if something serious would pop up there, who knows...

I haven't done any wood carving myself, but i have worked with lasers on different materials, what i've seen so far i would definitely say resembles laser art.

Well let's see what he comes up with, since he announced he'd only show to "important people", i doubt anything will be posted in public.

If he chooses not to post it publicly I would then question why.

There should be nothing to hide here presuming his claims are true.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:44:58 AM

Witch hunts start with shooting Negative Trust then asking questions later.

FTFY

Perhaps you are right. But then again it wasn't me who left negative trust on him.

Time will tell if what he claims is true. I will wait a few days as he said.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:51:47 AM

In my opinion WoodCollector seems to either of been running an elaborate scam or is an actual wood designer that just saw an opportunity to capitalize and make a lot more money than what his products would normally sell for. The Dildo thing kind of just blows it all out of the water IMO, nobody making that much money would be wasting the time to make wooden dildo's for a couple hundred bucks.
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:07:04 AM

From woodcollectors art thread.
Q: What kind of wood can i have something made from?

A: If it exists on this planet i have access to it. It does not matter if it is protected, endangered or practically non existent. I have access to foresters, brokers, and a swarm of people who can obtain anything i need legally for me with forestry permits and import documents.

I have a problem with anyone who would even say this...... 

Using "Protected, Endangered or Practically non existent"  wood used is not sitting well with me.

Even tho ever thing looks like stained oak.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:09:56 AM

From woodcollectors art thread.
Q: What kind of wood can i have something made from?

A: If it exists on this planet i have access to it. It does not matter if it is protected, endangered or practically non existent. I have access to foresters, brokers, and a swarm of people who can obtain anything i need legally for me with forestry permits and import documents.

I have a problem with anyone who would even say this...... 

Using "Protected, Endangered or Practically non existent"  wood used is not sitting well with me.

Even tho ever thing looks like stained oak.

I agree. Protected and endangered woods should not be allowed as I would think this would violate some laws in some nations.

I will be back in 2 days.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Paul Revere

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:19:19 AM

Sort of. I would consider this bong to be "hand worked". I would not call it "hand carved". That is a very specific thing, meaning you are taking hand chisels or scorps. etc. and carving the wood by hand. The "hand carvings" WoodCollector is charging big BTC for are definitely laser work. Turning some random shape on a lathe is not at all that hard, either. Making 4 legs for a table by hand on a lathe and having them all match exactly? That is a quite bit harder and takes some practice and skill. I went to school for and worked as a machinist , by the way. I worked Tool&Die for years, mostly making prototype pieces for GM. I minored in industrial woodworking, so I know how to set up and run real industrial woodworking machinery. I ran a production woodworking outfit for some years, and have since turned to homebuilding.
This is a card for when I had a shop in Golden, CO, ~25 years ago.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
TerraHasher

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:24:32 AM

Sort of. I would consider this bong to be "hand worked". I would not call it "hand carved". That is a very specific thing, meaning you are taking hand chisels or scorps. etc. and carving the wood by hand. The "hand carvings" WoodCollector is charging big BTC for are definitely laser work. Turning some random shape on a lathe is not at all that hard, either. Making 4 legs for a table by hand on a lathe and having them all match exactly? That is a quite bit harder and takes some practice and skill. I went to school for and worked as a machinist , by the way. I worked Tool&Die for years, mostly making prototype pieces for GM. I minored in industrial woodworking, so I know how to set up and run real industrial woodworking machinery. I ran a production woodworking outfit for some years, and have since turned to homebuilding.
This is a card for when I had a shop in Golden, CO, ~25 years ago.

Sure it is, as long as this is a witch hunt thread, you better post some proof that that is you. I want to see a picture with that business card with your screen name wrote on it in pen on that same flag background. A video of you building a home, a picture of your diploma from where you went to school as a machinist. The name of your instructor. The name of your home building company and a copy of your contractors insurance to show that you are really who / what you say you are.

Dont tell me no now or you get your own scam accusation thread since that is how this forum opperates.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
RedhatCAT

Activity: 123

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:25:08 AM

In my opinion WoodCollector seems to either of been running an elaborate scam or is an actual wood designer that just saw an opportunity to capitalize and make a lot more money than what his products would normally sell for. The Dildo thing kind of just blows it all out of the water IMO, nobody making that much money would be wasting the time to make wooden dildo's for a couple hundred bucks.
Where is the scam in that? He shows the piece and the price, you buy it or not. Any sane person can decide if the piece is worth the money or not.
What if he claimed that he found these things or pulled out of his butt, would that make him a scammer?
Some people were paying for a certain implied quality of work, despite the fact that many of them had nor way of really knowing nor telling the difference of a piece made via how the OP is claiming verses how WC is claiming
Paul Revere

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:33:08 AM

@ Terrahasher: I really don't care what you want. I am afraid you will have to find another monkey to jump up and down for you. Uhm Kay?

P.S: All I am doing in this thread is pointing out that the claims by WoodColloector that his pieces are hand carved are not that at all. If you want to argue about that , by all means. Go right ahead. Hell, I think you should even pay exorbitant prices to buy some.

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:34:49 AM

So how much is that $14,000 piece he sold really worth?
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:36:18 AM

"Culture Cultivation" Bitcoin Art Piece
January 13, 2015, 12:45:25 AM

Reply with quote  #1
"Culture Cultivation"

When freshly cut the heartwood of Purpleheart is a  dull grayish/purplish brown. Upon exposure the wood becomes a deeper eggplant purple. With further age and exposure to UV light, the wood becomes a dark brown with a hint of purple. The high grade Purpleheart that this piece is made of has a super high resin content that leaves it more purple than others after aging. This piece was freshly cut and worked by hand so it still has 5-10 years to fully age to its darkest color but will start to show its deep royal purples within the next week or two.

http://www.wood-database.com/lumber-identification/hardwoods/purpleheart/

The Guy knows his wood...
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:37:15 AM

Where is the scam in that? He shows the piece and the price, you buy it or not. Any sane person can decide if the piece is worth the money or not.
What if he claimed that he found these things or pulled out of his butt, would that make him a scammer?

There's a huge difference in price between machine crafted pieces and actual hand crafted pieces. He was just taking advantage of the lack of knowledge of wood working in the BTC community. It's the same thing as selling a counterfeit piece of art. The original might go for $1,000,000, but the counterfeit wouldn't even fetch a fraction of that.
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:37:30 AM

Turning some random shape on a lathe is not at all that hard, either. Making 4 legs for a table by hand on a lathe and having them all match exactly? That is a quite bit harder and takes some practice and skill.

Hi Paul, I'm wondering if you can overcome the skill needed using a duplicator?  WoodCollector talks a lot about lathes and mentions duplicators in his reddit profile: http://www.reddit.com/user/thewoodcollector

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: