Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:34:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector  (Read 29053 times)
LazerViking

Activity: 261
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:39:00 AM

nah dude...it's over.

was already caught red handed here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=930649.msg10223134#msg10223134

Interesting proof , I would like to see a video of WoodCollector that is carving something ( if it is possible, but I don't think it will be a problem if he is honest).

I dont think its going to be a problem, after 2 pages in on this thread i could see Nubbins and his sock puppets were just trying to ruin woodcollecters rep because he considers him a threat to his own business. Just as posted above, Someone already pointed out that Delivery man REQUESTED that lion head specifically because of its symmetry and WC did an awesome job of copying it. Knowing what i know there will be videos soon, someone is going to re-nig on eating his hat and shelling out for a piece of his own becasue he is a liar, he will use some excuse like "i still dont believe it" like his disbelife makes it not true. then start in from another angle.

I dont think WC is following this thread anymore, not sure if he is posting the video in his other thread or on message request only once he gets them done, but i know the videos are coming, and i also know that the troll patrol is still going to have some dumb shit to say.

I also know the videos are coming - he said he will be sending a video to me of the second coin he is working on for me. I may decide to share it - or I may not, whatever the case Nobbins is a plank.

Why the hell wouldn't you want to share it and clear all this up?

Because I am the one buying his works - if you want to see a video of his work being made, commission a piece and request that yourself as every other person who doubts him should.

Exactly my point.  Since you own some of his works.  It would be beneficial for you to show the video so that WoodCollector is vindicated and your artwork is validated among the community.  It's not worth anything unless the community agrees it is.  And I'm pretty sure WoodCollector would appreciate his reputation being restored.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 10:41:32 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 11:03:01 AM by psybits

Wow I only just saw WoodCollector's work today and somehow found this thread that has totally blown up.

At least he delivers the goods and in my opinion they look amazing.

No doubt he is using a laser for some of the finish. That is obvious.

All his clients seem happy(?) and he just needs to start mentioning that he uses a laser engraver for some of the finishing work.

Case closed.

EDIT: I also think the title of this thread is misleading. He delivers the work and his clients seem happy. Calling him a scammer is going too far in my opinion.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 11:16:46 AM

Wow I only just saw WoodCollector's work today and somehow found this thread that has totally blown up.

All his clients seem happy(?) and he just needs to start mentioning that he uses a laser engraver for some of the finishing work.

Case closed.

EDIT: I also think the title of this thread is misleading. He delivers the work and his clients seem happy. Calling him a scammer is going too far in my opinion.

Going back to what I just mentioned: if you bought gold and received counterfeit, you technically received something, but is it not a scam? The high value is in the hand carving, which he is still lying about. You yourself admitted that it's laser-created, not hand carved.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:19:57 AM

Haploid, you'll find that there are two sides here:

1) Rational adults who realized on their own that WC is full of shit

2) Rubes and shills who pretend WC is correct

There's no point arguing anymore. All the adults agree that it was a bait-and-switch, which is 100%, no doubt, a type of scam. Anyone arguing otherwise is either a shill, a moron, a sock, or too young and naive to understand that this forum is overflowing with piece of shit scammers just like WC, trying to pass off shit as diamonds.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:22:09 AM

Haploid, you'll find that there are two sides here:

1) Rational adults who realized on their own that WC is full of shit

2) Rubes and shills who pretend WC is correct

There's no point arguing anymore. All the adults agree that it was a bait-and-switch, which is 100%, no doubt, a type of scam. Anyone arguing otherwise is either a shill, a moron, a sock, or too young and naive to understand that this forum is overflowing with piece of shit scammers just like WC, trying to pass off shit as diamonds.

indeed there is no point arguing anymore, you have stated all your thoughts including with evidence
so now lets wait for the promised video, then we can all start commenting this again
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

Case closed.

Going back to what I just mentioned: if you bought gold and received counterfeit, you technically received something, but is it not a scam? The high value is in the hand carving, which he is still lying about. You yourself admitted that it's laser-created, not hand carved.

People create art with all kinds of different methods and techniques. The amount of time put into it does not equate with value in the art world. It depends on many other factors. It's not as clear cut here as someone selling fake gold. That is black and white. It's either real gold or not.

EDIT: Also I agree with you. He does need to state that he uses lasers for the finishing work and I agree he should have been honest about this from the start. I still like his work though.
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:24:38 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 11:39:10 AM by BG4

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-77938414/stock-vector-heraldry-eagle-symbol-such-a-logo-jpeg-version-also-available.html?src=f2NocndTghW72vICmgBuGw-1-95
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:27:38 AM

I know nothing about wood carving but is it possible to be that accurate to the detail with hand?
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:28:16 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 11:40:32 AM by nubbins

http://anastasia-berry.deviantart.com/art/Black-Bear-I-412078280

That one is actually STOLEN from a Deviant Art page.

STOLEN FROM A DEVIANT ART PAGE.

That one is stolen from shutterstock.

STOLEN FROM SHUTTERSTOCK.

What a fuckin loser. Great job, BG4!

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:33:25 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 11:47:24 AM by nubbins

This thread is LOCKED until WoodCollector sends me a PM with a link to his video.

This thread remains UNLOCKED so the lels can continue.

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:51:16 AM

It hasn't been locked yet so thought I'd jump in.
WoodCollector, your pieces look great but please can you honestly state whether or not you are using a laser engraver.
If not, please ask requested, upload a time lapse/video of you hand carving the pieces as you claim.
Unfortunately, it doesnt look too good for you with the current evidence being stacked up against you.
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:53:35 AM

It hasn't been locked yet so thought I'd jump in.
WoodCollector, your pieces look great but please can you honestly state whether or not you are using a laser engraver.
If not, please ask requested, upload a time lapse/video of you hand carving the pieces as you claim.
Unfortunately, it doesnt look too good for you with the current evidence being stacked up against you.

Is this hand carved?

Honestly, no offense it looks like it was laser engraved. I've lasered wood and it looks very similar in nature.

Nice work!!

Hand carved with chisels and worked with a dremmel tool and sandpaper.

No offense taken.

I've seen lasered wood before and it just looks dull to me. It only has 1 real dimension and that's depth. I was looking into getting a laser to speed up the stenciling process but after a day of searching found that any good ones run $20,000 up to $80,000 which is a lot more than i want to spend to save 5 minutes of work of transferring an outline from paper to wood.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:54:55 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 12:06:28 PM by nubbins

Please note the impossibly large size of those "chisels" (actually lathe chisels for his shitty lathe: http://www.amazon.com/Pc-Wood-Lathe-Chisel-Set/dp/B000FVEF6O). It is simply not possible that he could be carving the pieces with those tools. Look at how big they are!

EDIT: OP updated with the latest so people don't have to scroll through 11 pages.

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:36:42 PM

I've looked at the "artwork" and my opinion is; it's machined.
Lack of attention in the details that a carver would have addressed.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
cyrusb

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 12:44:40 PM

If this is not done by a laser what causes the burn marks and the lines?

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:09:37 PM

<snip>

If this is not done by a laser what causes the burn marks and the lines?

Probably the burn marks come from using his enormous lathe chisels so quickly.

Gervais

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:20:54 PM

you would think the inside would be etched also and not left looking so scruffy

I remember seeing one of these and thinking it was a pretty wonky job and couldn't believe the price someone had paid fir it (but I had no idea how hard it would be to carve something like this?). Whats the consensus on his actual talents? The coins do look excellent and very cool, but does all it take is creating a digital file to then sit infront of a laser to etch everything for you or is there more to it than that?
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:28:53 PM

but does all it take is creating a digital file to then sit infront of a laser to etch everything for you or is there more to it than that?

Yes, that is precisely all that is required. You hit Print, the laser etches the design. Booths at the mall will do it for you while you wait for about $20. Afterward, you can clean up the design by hand (which WC didn't -- see Paul Revere's post about the visible laser etch lines), and put some stain or lacquer on it. He really did put the absolute minimum amount of effort in.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 01:35:03 PM

Case closed.

People create art with all kinds of different methods and techniques. The amount of time put into it does not equate with value in the art world. It depends on many other factors. It's not as clear cut here as someone selling fake gold. That is black and white. It's either real gold or not.

EDIT: Also I agree with you. He does need to state that he uses lasers for the finishing work and I agree he should have been honest about this from the start. I still like his work though.

Yes you're right, art has no clear value. However, whether this piece being hand carved or lasered it pretty clear cut. Like the gold analogy, this wood was marketed and priced as a hand carved piece (real), but turned out to be lasered (fake).

And it's debatable to even call it HIS work. The artwork seen in here are not even original, but rather just taken from various sources. This is even a potential for copyright infringement if he stole from the wrong source.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:47:25 PM

Yes you're right, art has no clear value. However, whether this piece being hand carved or lasered it pretty clear cut. Like the gold analogy, this wood was marketed and priced as a hand carved piece (real), but turned out to be lasered (fake).

And it's debatable to even call it HIS work. The artwork seen in here are not even original, but rather just taken from various sources. This is even a potential for copyright infringement if he stole from the wrong source.

If he bought that eagle image from Shutterstock, I'll eat my hat. As if that's the one thing he'd have moral scruples about.

It is 100%, guaranteed, undeniable copyright infringement, and he likely charged hundreds of dollars for that piece. Shutterstock's lawyers will chew him a new asshole if he can't provide a receipt. If I were him, I'd delete my account and pray that none of my customers calls the cops on me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: